What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney World in February (now maybe Universal) (1 Viewer)

I asked before but mixed in with all my other nonsense. 

Is Space Mountain different in DL than DW? As a kid, I rode SM in DL and there were asteroids and moving objects in the ride. 

Has SM at DW always just been a completely dark ride?

Always been dark far as I know...it’s much more exciting with lights on, though
One of the coolest pics I have from Disney is riding the People Mover when Space Mountain was under construction and getting a bunch of pics of it with the lights on.  I can’t decide if riding it with lights on would be “better”.

One of the coolest pics I have from Disney is riding the People Mover when Space Mountain was under construction and getting a bunch of pics of it with the lights on.  I can’t decide if riding it with lights on would be “better”.
Terrifying, probably. I've seen it under these same circumstances and everything is so close together. :shock:

Yeah, it’s a genuine thrill ride with lights on.  Literally is a roller coaster through construction scaffolding that way and, yes, quite a tight fit

Terrifying, probably. I've seen it under these same circumstances and everything is so close together. :shock:
Yea I’ve gone through the people mover with the lights on and thought man it would take much for something to go wrong there. 

I was there probably like 1982. So no music in the cars. But I feel like you could see stars in the sky. And at one point, this glow in the dark flat asteroid came spinning towards you. Kind of similar to how things in Mr. Toads Wild Ride looked. There wasn’t a ton of stuff to it, but I don’t remember it being just completely dark. 

I was there probably like 1982. So no music in the cars. But I feel like you could see stars in the sky. And at one point, this glow in the dark flat asteroid came spinning towards you. Kind of similar to how things in Mr. Toads Wild Ride looked. There wasn’t a ton of stuff to it, but I don’t remember it being just completely dark. 
I was at DW about the same time.  I do not remember spinning objects in SM, but I do remember seeing a few things.  Mostly, I remember you could see either the tracks or space objects it looked like you were going to hit, and then the path of the track changed to avoid it. Not sure if that helps.  :shrug:  

I was at DW about the same time.  I do not remember spinning objects in SM, but I do remember seeing a few things.  Mostly, I remember you could see either the tracks or space objects it looked like you were going to hit, and then the path of the track changed to avoid it. Not sure if that helps.  :shrug:  
Maybe that's what it was.  I was probably like 10, so I might not be remembering it correctly.  I do remember the asteroid, but maybe it wasn't spinning.  Maybe it just looked like we'd hit it and then we turned away from it.

Maybe that's what it was.  I was probably like 10, so I might not be remembering it correctly.  I do remember the asteroid, but maybe it wasn't spinning.  Maybe it just looked like we'd hit it and then we turned away from it.
If I've learned anything in life, it is that my memories more than a month old are incredibly unreliable.  Don't quote me on this or paint your perception based on my misrecollection.

I do have to thank you for this thread.  I had to break it to my wife that I don't think my bonus this year would cover a Disney vacation.  She said she wanted to look into it anyways.  I said that's fine, she can do that legwork, but for the record standing in line for every ride, and getting up before 6:00 am to get queued for the Star Wars ride doesn't sound like a vacation.  

We're now looking at alternatives so 🤝

If I've learned anything in life, it is that my memories more than a month old are incredibly unreliable.  Don't quote me on this or paint your perception based on my misrecollection.

I do have to thank you for this thread.  I had to break it to my wife that I don't think my bonus this year would cover a Disney vacation.  She said she wanted to look into it anyways.  I said that's fine, she can do that legwork, but for the record standing in line for every ride, and getting up before 6:00 am to get queued for the Star Wars ride doesn't sound like a vacation.  

I just want to make myself clear since you said you're thinking of changing your vacation based on what I said: We still had fun and it was a great time.  I just wanted to make sure I was painting a complete picture.  

There's a difference between a vacation and a trip.  Disney is almost always a trip.  You need the vacation after it's over.

There's a difference between a vacation and a trip.  Disney is almost always a trip.  You need the vacation after it's over.
That's a good distinction, but 1) I don't have time for that and 2) its not worth it.  My boys are 16 and 18 and have no interest.  My step daughter is 22, still a kid at heart and would enjoy it, but she's already gone 2 or 3 times with her dads half of her family.  She would have fun, but it wouldn't be "special."

I'm 46 and have never been to New York, Boston, San Francisco, Yellowstone and much more.  My wife has never been to the Grand Canyon.  There are so many places in this country to see, no need for me to waste valuable time off on something like this.

That's a good distinction, but 1) I don't have time for that and 2) its not worth it.  My boys are 16 and 18 and have no interest.  My step daughter is 22, still a kid at heart and would enjoy it, but she's already gone 2 or 3 times with her dads half of her family.  She would have fun, but it wouldn't be "special."

I'm 46 and have never been to New York, Boston, San Francisco, Yellowstone and much more.  My wife has never been to the Grand Canyon.  There are so many places in this country to see, no need for me to waste valuable time off on something like this.
The way you've always talked about how old you are, I just assumed you were older than me.  :(

Users who are viewing this thread