What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DK Metcalf: to trade or not to trade (1 Viewer)

Spydrmn3

Footballguy
Trade: DK

Recieve:
-2025 2nd
-2026 1st (will be a late 1st as that team has been in the championship 3 straight seasons)
-27 2nd

Obviously there is value there, but no immediate value. Plus I have 5 1st round picks next season, and 2 2nds

10 team non-superflex

my first thought is no. I think (hope) that Howell will be better with a not Eric Bieniemy at OC and you don't really seem to need the extra draft capital.

I think it's a solid offer but I am not sure what it really does for you if you are chock full of picks already. Might be better off waiting until mid season when someone might be desperate for a WR.

Do you need Metcalf? Are you a contender? This also factors into the decision.

I think it's a solid offer but I am not sure what it really does for you if you are chock full of picks already. Might be better off waiting until mid season when someone might be desperate for a WR.

Do you need Metcalf? Are you a contender? This also factors into the decision.
The last statement is key here. Where do you (OP) realistically stand this year? Are you able to make a playoff run? If so I would think DK could help you.

With it being a 10-man, 1 QB, you need studs. Guys you can set it and forget it and not worry about which of your 8 WRs you might start this week. Without seeing the rosters DK seems like a guy you could start and not worry.

If you can't compete I'm fine selling DK and getting more picks. Those picks are quite a ways off which leads me to my next question - is this a stable league? Is it a friends type league that won't fold? Always have to know if its worth trading for future capital 3 years away.

I don't mind the deal as is as you are getting a first and 2 seconds (even if some are late). Having said that to what Gally mentioned - you might be able to get a 2025 first mid-season if a playoff team needs a starting WR.

Side note in a 10 team league having a bunch of middling players is the worst. Best to consolidate if/when possible and pay up for studs or sell to get as many early firsts as possible and draft the studs/difference makers.

Also while it is 1 QB having a stud (top 5) makes a big difference. After that you can basically role with whoever. Same with TEs. The top 3-5 can make a difference otehrwise you can basically stream (QB/TE) on any given week and its not a big deal. Play match-ups.

Users who are viewing this thread