What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dog Poop Protocol (2 Viewers)

Another animal in our midst.
I didn't say I condone it, it's just the risk you run.

If you don't want poop in your cans then keep them in the garage.  If you leave them out why do you care if someone drops a poop bag in the can?

Don't be that guy.

City issued us all these oversized cans that are collected by a truck that no human touches. The size of the can dictates that few people keep them in their garage. Almost all have an outdoor storage area. Does that change the protocol or am I a mere savage?
Some pretty solid mitigating circumstances here. I think you may have found a loophole.

I didn't say I condone it, it's just the risk you run.

If you don't want poop in your cans then keep them in the garage.  If you leave them out why do you care if someone drops a poop bag in the can?

Don't be that guy.
How do you propose the trash men empty my can?

I wouldn't put it in an empty bin, but this is a really minor thing to get bent out of shape about.  Assuming that the poop is an knotted plastic bag, the odds of that odor permeating to anything significant is miniscule.  

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Yeah.  It’s not like someone is putting a big hefty bag of household trash in a neighbor’s can. It’s a little bag of poo.

Hell, if one of my neighbors wants to personally honk out a dirt snake in my wheelie bin more power to them.
To the first part, it should be no problem just holding on to that then until the end of your stroll.

To the second part, I'll be right over.

The General said:
How do you propose the trash men empty my can?
Bring the cans to the street the night before or day of collection. Y'know, like a civilized person.

You shouldn't complain about poop bags if you're leaving your cans on the street everyday. Doesn't matter if everyone else does because y'know what else everyone does? Dispose of poop bags in the nearest trash can.

Bring the cans to the street the night before or day of collection. Y'know, like a civilized person.

You shouldn't complain about poop bags if you're leaving your cans on the street everyday. Doesn't matter if everyone else does because y'know what else everyone does? Dispose of poop bags in the nearest trash can.
It's trash day.

I bring the can out in the morning. 

I go to work .

Trash man comes.

Hours pass in which some animal places a turd in a bag in the empty can.

I come home to return the can to the garage.

It's trash day.

I go to work .

Trash man comes.

It's trash day.

I go to work .

Trash man comes.

Fair enough, feels like you moved the goalpost a tad but that's okay you still have options.

Open can, remove poop bag, put it in neighbors can.

Build an outdoor enclosure for your cans.

Deal with it.

I usually carry it home or drop it in a public trash can if I pass one. There are even a few nearby in front of apartments and old folks’ homes specifically for the purpose. 

That said, I kind of agree with ok to drop in someone’s can on garbage day before pick-up, otherwise dispose elsewhere.  Regardless, on every single walk I see poop just sitting on the sidewalk. Come on people!  

Fair enough, feels like you moved the goalpost a tad but that's okay you still have options.

Open can, remove poop bag, put it in neighbors can.

Build an outdoor enclosure for your cans.

Deal with it.
What purpose would an enclosure serve? The cans sit out during the day regardless so the garbage people can do their work.

Just carry your pet's doo home with you.

I usually carry it home or drop it in a public trash can if I pass one. There are even a few nearby in front of apartments and old folks’ homes specifically for the purpose. 

That said, I kind of agree with ok to drop in someone’s can on garbage day before pick-up, otherwise dispose elsewhere.  Regardless, on every single walk I see poop just sitting on the sidewalk. Come on people!  
One of the good ones.

You're almost implying you're ok with #### everywhere as long as it isn't in front of your house or in your can when you complain about this. Let's just work on getting all the #### in a can before we freak out on the people who actually pick it up. Can scrooge!  

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
For those of you who feel it's OK to drop a bag of your dog's poop in someone else's can -- not including @tonydead who is clearly a saint on earth -- do you feel it's OK if someone leaves a huge Glad bag filled with rotting trash in your bin? 
For my neighbors, absolutely. It's not like we're talking about strangers here for the most part and I'd assume they have a good reason. 

I would never put it in a neighbor's can.  I do drop it off at a larger receptacle at the golf course we walk by or carry it home.

Trash day or night before with cans still full -- I don't mind if someone puts one in mine but I wouldn't do it myself.  It's really not hard to carry the bag home with me.

Trash day and cans already empty -- I certainly wouldn't do it and I'd kind of resent it if someone put one in mine, especially in the summer.  The typical dog poop bag doesn't hold smell in very well, so it gets pretty ripe stewing in a hot garage for a full week.  Seriously, I think I'd rather they just leave the un-bagged poop on the edge of my yard than bag it and leave it there or in my empty trash can.

You're almost implying you're ok with #### everywhere as long as it isn't in front of your house or in your can when you complain about this. Let's just work on getting all the #### in a can before we freak out on the people who actually pick it up. Can scrooge!  
Au contraire mon frère. The poop goes in a bag and then goes in the public trash can or back to your house. It's that easy!

Trash day or night before with cans still full -- I don't mind if someone puts one in mine but I wouldn't do it myself.  It's really not hard to carry the bag home with me.

Trash day and cans already empty -- I certainly wouldn't do it and I'd kind of resent it if someone put one in mine, especially in the summer.  The typical dog poop bag doesn't hold smell in very well, so it gets pretty ripe stewing in a hot garage for a full week.  Seriously, I think I'd rather they just leave the un-bagged poop on the edge of my yard than bag it and leave it there or in my empty trash can.
You got my vote. 

It's definitely rude to put it in someone's empty trash can without knowing they'd be ok with it.

That's why I use a little larger sized plastic bag to place the dog poop in, tie the bag with a tight knot so there's lots of excess length in the neck of the bag, then side arm it up into a neighbor's tree.

When I walk my dog, we pass 3 vacant fields. If she does it there, I leave it. Otherwise, put it in a bag and carry it home

You throw it in the nearest trash bin - but be courteous about it. Don’t throw your dogs mush into a semi empty trash can. Find one that’s full ... that way it’s guaranteed to make it into the truck without incident. 

Don't leave your neighbor with poop smear in his can because you did a bad job of choosing the appropriate can to litter in.

I'm asking the dog poop / trash can question if I ever get to ask a question in a Presidential Debate.

@The General FTR I'm mostly ####### with you. I just put this issue far, far down the list of issues worth stressing about on any level.
Low down the list of injustices...

However the day this past winter when one of these poop heathens put a bag in my bin, I didn't notice it, proceeded to drop trash in the can throughout the week to discover the bag exploded and coated the trash can.  

I would have paid money to have caught the perp at that moment :lol:

When I walk my dog, we pass 3 vacant fields. If she does it there, I leave it. Otherwise, put it in a bag and carry it home

You throw it in the nearest trash bin - but be courteous about it. Don’t throw your dogs mush into a semi empty trash can. Find one that’s full ... that way it’s guaranteed to make it into the truck without incident. 

Don't leave your neighbor with poop smear in his can because you did a bad job of choosing the appropriate can to litter in.
Preach

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
To me, it's kinda the same thing. We all have cans. We all pay for the service. So use your own. I'm not paying to throw out someone else's trash, and it also feels like a little bit of an invasion of privacy -- I'm not comfortable with the thought of someone lifting my can's lid to see what nefarious things I'm trying to get rid of this week.
Don't ever throw anything out if you really are this paranoid - anyone can go through your trash.

You throw it in the nearest trash bin...Find one that’s full ...  because you did a bad job of choosing the appropriate can to litter in.
Sounds like a lot of work searching through your neighbors cans to find one that meets criteria.

You know what's easiest, removes the possibility of doing a bad job choosing, and works every single time?

Just hold on to the bag and throw it out in your own can. 

The General said:
Sadly not an option.

You are taking your lovely dog out for a walk. It drops a bomb, you thoughtfully pick it up.

Do you place in an empty trash can or do you carry home?
Empty trash can and don't even think twice. It's a flippin' trash can.

I'm not walking to the side of their house to drop it in, but if it's on the curb then it's fair game.

Sounds like a lot of work searching through your neighbors cans to find one that meets criteria.

You know what's easiest, removes the possibility of doing a bad job choosing, and works every single time?

Just hold on to the bag and throw it out in your own can. 
That's actually not easiest.

Users who are viewing this thread