What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dog Poop Protocol (1 Viewer)

I won't put poop in any empty can.  

Here is the tough question for me when I walk my dog.  Let's day the poop is a little "loose".  Do you pick it up right away knowing you are going to smear half of it in the lawn?  Or do you want a day for it to dry out so you can pick it up clean?  I always smear it because I don't think my neighbors trust me enough to come back...

This vent is primarily addressed at my neighbors.

I don't want your dog's #### in my yard, on my driveway, and in my trash.  It disturbs me when your dog leaves its mark on every vertical thing on my property.  It's not cute to find your dog rooting around in my garage and running off with my stuff.  I feel threatened when your dog charges me aggressively or chases me when I ride by on my bike.  Most annoying of all though, your dog's incessant barking wakes me in the morning, lasts all day when you're not home, and keeps me up at night. 

This whole notion that your dog's impacts on the neighborhood are no big deal is so oblivious and rude.  As a non-dog owner, I don't have the same bond with your dog that you do, and I just want to enjoy my own peace and tranquility.  I realize that some of these things are outside of your control, some are neighbor issues I have to deal with, and some are my personal hangups.  I want to be a good neighbor and don't verbalize every little problem, but don't assume that I'm OK with your dog's BS.  Have a little consideration for your neighbors.

PS one of my guilty pleasures is firing up the snowblower outside your bedroom window at 6am on a snowy day.  Karma's a #####.  

The General said:
Need a ruling here.

You walk your dog, it does it's business, you pick it up in the little green bag. It's trash day so everyone has their bin out.

Do you deposit your dog's doo in the nearest bin or do you carry it home.
Absolutely not in someone else's can. Carry it home.

gianmarco said:
If the bin is empty, then no, I don't put it in.  I carry it home.

But if it's full and is going to be picked up today, then I'll drop it in.
This falls under the "stand your ground" law as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have a dog anymore but occasionally we babysit my son's dog.   I always carry it home because I have no idea if the person would object or not and I don't like opening up the lid to someone else's trash can.  That's just me.

If someone drops a poop bag in my trash before the garbage man picks it up I wouldn't have a problem with it.   However we do store our trash cans in the garage so if someone tosses a bag full of poop in my empty can I would not be happy about it.

Yup, carry it home.  It's your dog and your poop.  Don't touch my bin.

Absolutely not in someone else's can. Carry it home.

I don't have a dog anymore but occasionally we babysit my son's dog.   I always carry it home because I have no idea if the person would object or not and I don't like opening up the lid to someone else's trash can.  That's just me.

If someone drops a poop bag in my trash before the garbage man picks it up I wouldn't have a problem with it.   However we do store our trash cans in the garage so if someone tosses a bag full of poop in my empty can I would not be happy about it.
Three fine gentlemen here.

Don't have a dog, but if I did, put me in with those who say it's perfectly fine to throw it in a bin that's about to get collected, but wouldn't throw it in an empty bin. 

It just seems like someone doing that is saying "this is now your problem, not mine" and that's ####ed up, because you're saying you'd rather leave it in someone else's bin for a week than have to carry it with you to a place you're already going. 

Oh the horror of that physical toll that you're putting on yourself. FOH.

Don't have a dog, but if I did, put me in with those who say it's perfectly fine to throw it in a bin that's about to get collected, but wouldn't throw it in an empty bin. 

It just seems like someone doing that is saying "this is now your problem, not mine" and that's ####ed up, because you're saying you'd rather leave it in someone else's bin for a week than have to carry it with you to a place you're already going. 

Oh the horror of that physical toll that you're putting on yourself. FOH.
Most of the good FBGs following this. A few rouge individuals out there but they will come around.

Take your dog poop home you freaking savages.

That trash can sitting there, whether full or not, is not your property. Have some decency and respect for other people's property and leave the can alone. 

The General said:
Need a ruling here.

You walk your dog, it does it's business, you pick it up in the little green bag. It's trash day so everyone has their bin out.

Do you deposit your dog's doo in the nearest bin or do you carry it home.
Interesting, I have thought about this many a time.  I carry it home and drop in our trash can.  Avoid any possible "hey wtf are you doing?" encounter.

This vent is primarily addressed at my neighbors.

I don't want your dog's #### in my yard, on my driveway, and in my trash.  It disturbs me when your dog leaves its mark on every vertical thing on my property.  It's not cute to find your dog rooting around in my garage and running off with my stuff.  I feel threatened when your dog charges me aggressively or chases me when I ride by on my bike.  Most annoying of all though, your dog's incessant barking wakes me in the morning, lasts all day when you're not home, and keeps me up at night. 

This whole notion that your dog's impacts on the neighborhood are no big deal is so oblivious and rude.  As a non-dog owner, I don't have the same bond with your dog that you do, and I just want to enjoy my own peace and tranquility.  I realize that some of these things are outside of your control, some are neighbor issues I have to deal with, and some are my personal hangups.  I want to be a good neighbor and don't verbalize every little problem, but don't assume that I'm OK with your dog's BS.  Have a little consideration for your neighbors.

PS one of my guilty pleasures is firing up the snowblower outside your bedroom window at 6am on a snowy day.  Karma's a #####.  
You could have just said "get off my lawn" grandpa.

If I am on a run, then I look for a close can.  If the owner complains, I would tell them that next time I will just leave it on the lawn.

If I am on a walk, I will take it home.

Both cases, if it is early in the walk and I will pass that spot again.  I will leave it in the bag on the ground and pick it up when I return.

Chaka said:
I didn't say I condone it, it's just the risk you run.

If you don't want poop in your cans then keep them in the garage.  If you leave them out why do you care if someone drops a poop bag in the can?

Don't be that guy.
“No dumping” signs have a legal basis.  They are doubly relevant in this case. 

You don’t get to use other people’s trash cans. It’s illegal.  Plus let’s say I realized I accidentally threw out a bag my wife meant for me to take to the dry cleaner.  Now it’s got a bag of dog #### on or in it because my neighbor broke the law when I run out to get it? 

Put wherever you want in your own can, but it you want to stuff something in mine ask permission. 

You don’t get to use other people’s trash cans. It’s illegal.  Plus let’s say I realized I accidentally threw out a bag my wife meant for me to take to the dry cleaner.  Now it’s got a bag of dog #### on or in it because my neighbor broke the law when I run out to get it? 

Put wherever you want in your own can, but it you want to stuff something in mine ask permission. 
Call the cops.  I'm sure they'll send a unit right out.  They'll be working in shifts to solve the problem.

Call the cops.  I'm sure they'll send a unit right out.  They'll be working in shifts to solve the problem.
To be honest, the sheriff is a friend of mind. So, yes, he would come over.  But I would never call the police.  That’s just asking for trouble when they realize you shot a guy for using your trash can. 

The law has spoken, poopers.

Interesting, I have thought about this many a time.  I carry it home and drop in our trash can.  Avoid any possible "hey wtf are you doing?" encounter.
I've seen people get mad when dropping a wrapper into their garbage from something my kid had just eaten while we were walking around town. 

People never cease to amaze.

You criminal types can't be left to run amok.
Maybe they let people get away with this in big cities.  I live in a town of less than 10,000 people. Our city counsel meetings are like a WWE event.  You pull this in my town, you’d be set on fire in the public square. 

Maybe they let people get away with this in big cities.  I live in a town of less than 10,000 people. Our city counsel meetings are like a WWE event.  You pull this in my town, you’d be set on fire in the public square. 
The vast majority of people know what's up cities as well. A few bad actors out there dropping their poop around like they don't have a care in the world.

The law has spoken, poopers.
I would be surprised if it were a law at the Federal level.  Then again stupid Federal laws really shouldn't surprise anyone.

The only laws pertaining to dogs in San Diego county say you have to keep your dog on a leash no longer than 6' and that you have to clean up after your dog.  Nothing about where you can or cannot deposit poop bags.

I watch a lot of Law & Order and I don't think your expectation of privacy will hold up to my plain sight argument.

Checkwinning!!!

Walk my dog 5+ days/week.  Normally w/ the wife.  Dog is usually good for two poops/walk.  I knot the bag tightly and deposit it in the first can I see on the street.  Our trash day is on Monday, and I see cans at the curb almost every day of the week.  This always pisses off my wife, but she's never volunteered to pick up the poop so she can deal with it.  

I would be surprised if it were a law at the Federal level.  Then again stupid Federal laws really shouldn't surprise anyone.

The only laws pertaining to dogs in San Diego county say you have to keep your dog on a leash no longer than 6' and that you have to clean up after your dog.  Nothing about where you can or cannot deposit poop bags.
It's against the law in Seattle I learned. Actually against the law to put anything in anyone's trash unless it is on city property up here. CIVILIZED!

Walk my dog 5+ days/week.  Normally w/ the wife.  Dog is usually good for two poops/walk.  I knot the bag tightly and deposit it in the first can I see on the street.  Our trash day is on Monday, and I see cans at the curb almost every day of the week.  This always pisses off my wife, but she's never volunteered to pick up the poop so she can deal with it.  
Bit of a grey area here as people shouldn't leave their cans out all week like the world is their playground.

Supreme Court ruled that garbage left on the curb becomes public property.  California v. Greenwood.  So what you are saying is that I can rummage through your garbage, even take your mistakenly discarded dry cleaning clothes but it is illegal for me to add to it?

Supreme Court ruled that garbage left on the curb becomes public property.  California v. Greenwood.  So what you are saying is that I can rummage through your garbage, even take your mistakenly discarded dry cleaning clothes but it is illegal for me to add to it?
Yes. 

It's against the law in Seattle I learned. Actually against the law to put anything in anyone's trash unless it is on city property up here. CIVILIZED!
Where are your trashcans? Driveway or street?  Is owning the street in front of your house one of those hippie Seattle things?

Users who are viewing this thread