What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dog Poop Protocol (1 Viewer)

Kind of like you can’t take my garbage can because it’s theft?
Kind of like it seems to be public property for a period of time.  I and I guess that distinction is because it's not garbage, it just contains the garbage.    But, the court ruled that the public can access (use) the can to scavenge things from it, just like the police did in California v. Greenwald.  So if it's available for public use, and the public can take garbage from it what says the public can't add garbage to it?

the Court believed it to be “common knowledge” that garbage at the side of the street is “readily accessible to animals, children, scavengers, snoops, and other members of the public.”

Kind of like it seems to be public property for a period of time.  I and I guess that distinction is because it's not garbage, it just contains the garbage.    But, the court ruled that the public can access (use) the can to scavenge things from it, just like the police did in California v. Greenwald.  So if it's available for public use, and the public can take garbage from it what says the public can't add garbage to it?
Almost every municipality has a law against dumping trash in other people’s trash cans or dumpsters. 

Edit: many also now have anti-scavenging laws. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are your trashcans? Driveway or street?  Is owning the street in front of your house one of those hippie Seattle things?
We have these grass median things that fall between the street and the sidewalk where the trash cans end up going. Those are up to the owner to maintain and are their property.

This was a hotly contested point of legal issue in the NextDoor conversation :lol:

Almost every municipality has a law against dumping trash in other people’s trash cans or dumpsters. 

Edit: many also now have anti-scavenging laws. 
Almost ?  Seems the OP should just consult his municipality then.

Wouldn't the federal government win in cases of conflicting legislation for scavenging?    

We have these grass median things that fall between the street and the sidewalk where the trash cans end up going. Those are up to the owner to maintain and are their property.

This was a hotly contested point of legal issue in the NextDoor conversation :lol:
Are you sure?  A  lot of places they are property of the city and often on top of where the utilities run.

Wouldn't the federal government win in cases of conflicting legislation for scavenging?   
Already done.

Poop guy in a bin that is not your own is an outlaw on top of being a savage.

Not likely. Taking stuff out of people’s trash doesn’t really implicate a federal power.  

I guess conceivably interstate commerce if your state trucks garbage to New Jersey, but even then it would really only affect it on the truck. 

I don't think it would have ever occurred to me to put it in a neighbor's can (tee-hee). Not a huge deal, I guess, but I'd say it's mildly inconsiderate. Yes, in all likelihood, the trash will be collected without them ever noticing. But what if they run out a last minute bag only to see that somebody dropped their dog's steamer on top? Unlikely, but to me, not worth risking it.

It's my dog. I'll take the poop home (like I presumably do the other 6 days a week). I say presumably because I have a fenced in yard precisely so I don't have to carry dog crap around anymore.

Good thing people are referring to the local penal code before they dump a steam turd in their unsuspecting neighbor's empty trash bin.

Or you could carry it back home with you.

I don't think it would have ever occurred to me to put it in a neighbor's can (tee-hee). Not a huge deal, I guess, but I'd say it's mildly inconsiderate. Yes, in all likelihood, the trash will be collected without them ever noticing. But what if they run out a last minute bag only to see that somebody dropped their dog's steamer on top? Unlikely, but to me, not worth risking it.

It's my dog. I'll take the poop home (like I presumably do the other 6 days a week). I say presumably because I have a fenced in yard precisely so I don't have to carry dog crap around anymore.
Good people here.

Have not perused the entire thread, but I have a question that maybe no one has asked yet.  Would you drop a bag of poop in a neighborhood trash can if the home owner (assume you don't know the person well) was standing 10 feet away from his or her trash can, or would you delay the drop for a more discrete opportunity?  I think we all know the answer to this question.

Have not perused the entire thread, but I have a question that maybe no one has asked yet.  Would you drop a bag of poop in a neighborhood trash can if the home owner (assume you don't know the person well) was standing 10 feet away from his or her trash can, or would you delay the drop for a more discrete opportunity?  I think we all know the answer to this question.
lock eyes and establish dominance while you do it.  

Binky The Doormat said:
lock eyes and establish dominance while you do it.  
It should be the dog locking eyes and establishing dominance. "Look here, Champ, I just dropped a log right over there, then this cuck here immediately scooped it up, preserved it in a plastic bag, and is now depositing it in your can. Who's the ##### now?"

Mister CIA said:
Would probably ask nicely.  If told no, then put it in the neighbors.

I try to be a responsible dog owner. When I walk my dog, I keep a bright orange newspaper bag prominently tied to my dog's leash so people know that I don't leave anything behind. One day, my dog stopped to do his business and the property owner was watching out his window. Like usual, I picked it up immediately and went on my way. The next day, this guy had put out a little sign, I mean like 4x6 inches, in the exact spot where my dog had made his deposit saying "Please don't permit your dog to poop or pee on my lawn."

My dog immediately sniffed and then peed on the sign.

I didn't stop him.  :whistle:

The General said:
Maybe if people did the right thing more often we wouldn't need so many laws babysitting us :mindblown:

(it is against the law in my hood BTW)
Maybe if people weren't so darn uptight about life's  minutiae heart disease would not be the #1 cause of death in America.

The only thing you truly control in life is your response. Choose to live stress free.

Maybe if people weren't so darn uptight about life's  minutiae heart disease would not be the #1 cause of death in America.

The only thing you truly control in life is your response. Choose to live stress free.
Hard to be zen when I'm cleaning dog #### out of my can in the middle of winter because someone can't be bothered to carry it a few blocks. But I see your point.

The dog **** bandit strikes again!!!

Go to the garage this morning and was worried an animal had died in there.

Nope…not one, but two, low down schmucks dropped their dog crap in the empty trash bin. Threw a heavy bag on top and now get to clean your dog‘s **** out of the trash can.

Thanks neighbor!!

Nope…not one, but two, low down schmucks dropped their dog crap in the empty trash bin. Threw a heavy bag on top and now get to clean your dog‘s **** out of the trash can.

Thanks neighbor!!

Thoughts and prayers

Thanks neighbor!!

Thoughts and prayers
Another dog poop bag dropper in our midst!

Where I live they have poles with a bin attached all over where you can grab a new clean bags and dump poop filled bags. I always wait until I find one of them.

Where I live they have poles with a bin attached all over where you can grab a new clean bags and dump poop filled bags. I always wait until I find one of them.
There is one of these down the street. There is a park a couple blocks away with trash cans. There is a townhome complex by the park with a giant dumpster thing.

And of course there is always the home of the dog poop baggy carrier :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread