What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dog Poop Protocol (2 Viewers)

I usually carry it home, to a public can, or to a dog waste station in a park we pass on our route.

But, if garbage day was yesterday (or earlier) and I have to navigate around your cans on the sidewalk, bet your *** that bag’s going in there.

I usually carry it home, to a public can, or to a dog waste station in a park we pass on our route.

But, if garbage day was yesterday (or earlier) and I have to navigate around your cans on the sidewalk, bet your *** that bag’s going in there.
Cans go out on trash day and back in when emptied.

Some scoundrels like to drop the poop in empty bins and then rationalize it as ok…it’s a gift really!

We live in a society people.

Carry it home, throw MY dogs POOP in MY trash can.

I could forgive somebody throwing it away in my trash as long as they put it inside one of the trash bags inside my garbage can.

Last edited:

Some scoundrels like to drop the poop in empty bins and then rationalize it as ok…it’s a gift really!

Right. But if the empty can has been on the curb or sidewalk for 24 hours, that means they want people to use it in my book (I like to think the best of people…) just like the awesome old dude up the street who religiously puts a fresh bowl of water out every day for the neighborhood dogs.

Right. But if the empty can has been on the curb or sidewalk for 24 hours, that means they want people to use it in my book (I like to think the best of people…) just like the awesome old dude up the street who religiously puts a fresh bowl of water out every day for the neighborhood dogs.
Sounds like we are trying to find some poop dripping loopholes here…but yes if you are certain people want you to do this then sure.

Otherwise no way Jose!

Glad this thread was bumped. We moved about a year ago and this happened at the new place. Still a little confused and need a ruling from others. First, I always, pick up the dog poop. Without fail.

I walk my dog every morning (weather permitting). This Spring we were walking when he had to poop near some neighbor's trash cans that were left out for that day's collection. This must have been a Thursday morning as we get collection Thursday afternoon. Our neighborhood is a bit outside the city limits. 1 acre lots, lots of trees. So there is often animal activity.

This day right near where my dog decided to poop was two cans, one on each side the street, that racoons (I'm guessing) had decided to ransack. One can was knocked over, one was standing. The amount of trash wasn't too horrible, but someone would need to clean it up.

The standing can was on the side of the street where my dog and I were walking, and the lid was open. So, I dropped the poop sack, which is small and made for this purpose, into the open can. It was sitting on top of the mostly full can, but again a can that some type of animal had knocked at least one bag of trash out of. To me the can was already at the curb and the lid was off, what was the harm in putting a small bag of poop right on top so I didn't have to carry it 1.5 miles.

Anyway, the next day on my walk with the dog I noticed that there was a poop sack laying in the middle of the street right in front of where the can had been yesterday that I dropped the poop sack into. At the end of my walk that day, we walked a bit out of our way and picked up the old sack and took it home to be disposed of.

So this mean, the old curmudgeon that lives in the house with the standing can was cleaning up his refuse from the street sometime Thursday and took my poop sack out of the can and left it in the middle of the street.

This is next level pettiness, right? I mean, I'm never going to leave a bag of poop in his can again but that was some very petty behavior by the curmudgeon.

Anyway, that's my story.

Glad this thread was bumped. We moved about a year ago and this happened at the new place. Still a little confused and need a ruling from others. First, I always, pick up the dog poop. Without fail.

I walk my dog every morning (weather permitting). This Spring we were walking when he had to poop near some neighbor's trash cans that were left out for that day's collection. This must have been a Thursday morning as we get collection Thursday afternoon. Our neighborhood is a bit outside the city limits. 1 acre lots, lots of trees. So there is often animal activity.

This day right near where my dog decided to poop was two cans, one on each side the street, that racoons (I'm guessing) had decided to ransack. One can was knocked over, one was standing. The amount of trash wasn't too horrible, but someone would need to clean it up.

The standing can was on the side of the street where my dog and I were walking, and the lid was open. So, I dropped the poop sack, which is small and made for this purpose, into the open can. It was sitting on top of the mostly full can, but again a can that some type of animal had knocked at least one bag of trash out of. To me the can was already at the curb and the lid was off, what was the harm in putting a small bag of poop right on top so I didn't have to carry it 1.5 miles.

Anyway, the next day on my walk with the dog I noticed that there was a poop sack laying in the middle of the street right in front of where the can had been yesterday that I dropped the poop sack into. At the end of my walk that day, we walked a bit out of our way and picked up the old sack and took it home to be disposed of.

So this mean, the old curmudgeon that lives in the house with the standing can was cleaning up his refuse from the street sometime Thursday and took my poop sack out of the can and left it in the middle of the street.

This is next level pettiness, right? I mean, I'm never going to leave a bag of poop in his can again but that was some very petty behavior by the curmudgeon.

Anyway, that's my story.
Sounds like he wins.

So you looked at your neighbor’s trash lying around and instead of helping them out and cleaning it up for them you literally piled on by throwing a sack of crap in their can?
This is fair. I should have elaborated. I usually don't have a lot of time in the morning, between walking the dog and logging on to WFH and usually have meetings first thing. This day I did look out again before noon (trash comes in the afternoon) and both neighbors had cleaned their messes. If not, I was going to grab a sack and take care of it. I've done similar for other neighbors but did not have time during the dog walk. Also didn't want to have to worry about my dog eating the refuse.

Anyway, that's my story.
Old man keeps his can’s tidy.

May God have mercy on the souls of those raccoons…this dude will hunt them down and send a message.

Anyway, that's my story.

May God have mercy on the souls of those raccoons…this dude will hunt them down and send a message.
Between the raccoons and squirrels I had to convert to metal cans. They chewed right through the plastic ones and now I just have to deal with the dents.

Anyway, that's my story.

Between the raccoons and squirrels I had to convert to metal cans. They chewed right through the plastic ones and now I just have to deal with the dents.
If squirrels grow much bigger or turn evil we could be in big trouble those things are menaces as is.

Anyway, that's my story.
You shouldn't do it ever again. Jesus. What is wrong with dog owners. Almost as bad as smokers.

Why are people so possessive of their trash cans here? I mean, it's trash.

I honestly don't get it. As long as you using my can doesn't keep me from using it, or stinking up my garage for a week, have at it.

The old dude leaving the poop bag on the sidewalk for you to see the next morning is precisely what is leading you to never leave a bag of poop in his can again. So his act accomplished the exact outcome he sought. And I don't think there is anything petty about preferring that people not throw bags of dog crap into your trash can.

Why are people so possessive of their trash cans here? I mean, it's trash.

I honestly don't get it. As long as you using my can doesn't keep me from using it, or stinking up my garage for a week, have at it.
There is your answer.

Had to spray someone else's dog **** out of a trash can last night because they couldn't be bothered to carry the bag.

Just asking people to have some courtesy here.

Users who are viewing this thread