What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dolphins Glad To Have Ricky Back (2 Viewers)

I had my doubts too. But by all accounts from the players and the staff he is gave 100% in camp and in the pre-season. If he can convince Zach Thomas that he is here to help the Dolphins win, that's good enough for me.
I would be willing to bet Zach Thomas is not completely sold yet, and instead just saying the right thing. Everybody looks like they have heart running around cones and coming to practice on time. When Ricky's left arm is completely numb and he has a huge bruise on his right knee and he demands the ball for the 30th time in a game and proceeds to run over a linebacker and carry 2 defensive backs 4 yards, then I will believe.

If I haven't said it yet, I don't know what Ricky will or will not do this Sunday. But I am giving him credit for nothing until he plays a down.
We shall see. For the record I own them both in my keeper league and expect them both to payoff big time.... next year.

the "F'd the team" issue is dead as far as the coaches and players are concerned so to think that it is to be included in the equasion is ignorant.
As long as the season is going on, I agree. Come this offseason, that will be taken into consideration as to how the team will handle him going forward.Anyone who thinks the players don't welcome back Ricky with open arms right now due to his having "f'd the team" two years ago has not been following the Dolphins the last 3 months.

the "F'd the team" issue is dead as far as the coaches and players are concerned so to think that it is to be included in the equasion is ignorant.
As long as the season is going on, I agree. Come this offseason, that will be taken into consideration as to how the team will handle him going forward.Anyone who thinks the players don't welcome back Ricky with open arms right now due to his having "f'd the team" two years ago has not been following the Dolphins the last 3 months.
:goodposting: As a fan I welcome him back this year with open arms. Run the hell out of him and in the off-season, ship him for a 2nd round pick to Oakland (or wherever).

Having Ricky back opens up a LOT for the offense, especially in the short game. I believe something very similar to how Caddy/Brown were used in college could emerge - that means neither are particularly reliable for fantasy purposes, but that may work GREAT together for NFL purposes.
In my opinion this is EXACTLY what is going to happen.The RBBC will suck for fantasy purposes but the team will be better off with both lined up in the backfield.

I have and if Ricky is anything like he has in the past he will blow Ronnie Brown out of the water.  Williams has put the weight back and is reportedly in great Shape. Ronnie Brown is nothing special and historically Williams has been a top three back. It's not in the same ball park, but you didn't see Michael Jordan sitting the bench after his first comeback. I sure Williams will be given the chance to prove what he's got and even better it sounds like the team is standing behind him as well
What timeframe are you considering Ricky Williams to have been a top-3 back? When I look at his numbers, I think he was only in the top-3 for 2002.
Williams StatsOK Maybe he was only top 3 in 2002, but still alot more impressive than R. Brown. Brown only got 1 touchdown this year (Not to mention his longest run is for 10 yards) and is not nearly the receiver that williams was. Plain and simle Brown is not impressive at all.

Ronnie Brown's Stats
:lmao: Are you serious? Brown's longest run was 28 yards yesterday. And i don't know where your getting your info about the receiving argument but Brown has been highly touted for his extremely good hands for being such a big back that runs with speed and power. His MO coming out of college was based on how good his hands are. He had six receptions yesterday. As for his fumble, that was the first one of the year. He has had two hundred yard rushing games in a rown. Unimpressive? Seriously?
Sorry, I meant his longest reception was for 10 yards. And I get my stats from NFL.comHe had 6 receptions yesterday for a total of 19 yards and thats supposed to be impressive. For the season he has 11 receptions for 43 yards.

"He has had two hundred yard rushing games in a rown" He has only had a 100 yard game once this season. Were are you getting your stats.

Here are his averages:

Rushing

80 YPG

4.3 Avg.

.25 TD's per game

Receiving.

10.75 YPG Receiving

3.9 Avg.

0 TD's

Williams has started off WAY better than this every year he has been a Starter in the NFL.

I would not say that Brown has been "unimpressive" but I strongly feel that Ricky is a better RB at this point in his career.
So you think he has a good chance to average more than 4 yards a carry for the season? This would be a milestone for Ricky being he has only broken this mark 1 in his career.
Ricky Williams must have stolen something from BlueOnion.It's almost like you go out of your way to bash him every chance you get.
:shrug: I don't mean to come off that way but I was heavy into the Ricky Williams kool-aid when he was at Texas and while he was at New Orleans. His 2002 season was one of the most impressive seasons I have ever seen a running back have. I just don't think he has it any more, but I would love to be wrong here.
I just wonder what you base this on. I mean sure in 2003 he dipped down a bit, but the line he ran behind SUCKED! And 392 carries should be illegal. He still managed to finish with 1300 yards and 9 TD's.All we have to base an opinion on since then is camp and pre-season. By all accounts he is back in prime form. I know camp and pre-season are not the same as the regular season but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he as produced before. You are giving the nod to the rookie who has never finished an NFL season. I just don't get it.
Because he is one of the highest rated RB's to come out of college based on prospect grading and is currently the incumbant starter who has just come of two impressive games and was drafted 2 overall in the draft and RICKY F'd the team. Maybe that.
"highest rated RB's to come out of college based on prospect grading" This means nothing, let me present you with Exhibit A: Ron Dayne"impressive games " Impressive for him maybe... Its funny you call a 97 Yard game wih zero TD's and a fumble impressive. In my opinion he has had 1 good game out of 4. If you take away that one 58 yard run his season has sucked

Otis

It's too obvious that the president of the Ronnie Brown fan club will bash Ricky Williams.
Perhaps, but the sad truth is that I was a Ricky Williams owner in my main dynasty league for a long time until he retired on me. He has been nothing but a nightmare since, and I had zero qualms about trading for Brown in that league, knowing full well that Ricky was making a "comeback."The truth is that Ronnie Brown is playing up to his billing. The Dolphins will play Ricky Williams for sure, but to suggest he gets 70% of the touches, particularly when Brown has looked very strong for a rookie in his first few games, is nonsensical to me.

Otis

It's too obvious that the president of the Ronnie Brown fan club will bash Ricky Williams.
Perhaps, but the sad truth is that I was a Ricky Williams owner in my main dynasty league for a long time until he retired on me. He has been nothing but a nightmare since, and I had zero qualms about trading for Brown in that league, knowing full well that Ricky was making a "comeback."
An owner scorned?

Otis

Perhaps, but the sad truth is that I was a Ricky Williams owner in my main dynasty league for a long time until he retired on me. He has been nothing but a nightmare since, and I had zero qualms about trading for Brown in that league, knowing full well that Ricky was making a "comeback."
An owner scorned?
Unquestionably. But also close enough to the situation and watched him long enough to know only one thing about Ricky Williams - it is a huge mistake to ever rely on him.

Brown has rushed well the past two games. He is coming into his own.
Kinda... Buffalo is/was the second worst rushing D in the leauge going into this game... the prior 3 games saw:Duece ripped em for 130 yards (then he ripped his ACL yesterday ;-)

Dunn/Duckett/Vick busted 236 yards on Buffalo

Cadillac busted 128 yards (with 40+ more from Pittman)

17 for 97 is "good", no TD and negative points on the fumble... is mediocre for going against Buffaro. The 6 receptions are nice... but 19 yards... only saw parts of the game... was Brown an outlet... or can he not work the screen?

Going into this game... with the "Ricky of yore"... anything less than 125/2 TDs and a handful of receptions. would of been a letdown.

Otis

An owner scorned?
Unquestionably. But also close enough to the situation and watched him long enough to know only one thing about Ricky Williams - it is a huge mistake to ever rely on him.
You are right. Except in 2002, 2003 and to some degree 2001. But other than that you are right. Oh except in 2005 it remains to be seen.

I have and if Ricky is anything like he has in the past he will blow Ronnie Brown out of the water.  Williams has put the weight back and is reportedly in great Shape. Ronnie Brown is nothing special and historically Williams has been a top three back. It's not in the same ball park, but you didn't see Michael Jordan sitting the bench after his first comeback. I sure Williams will be given the chance to prove what he's got and even better it sounds like the team is standing behind him as well
What timeframe are you considering Ricky Williams to have been a top-3 back? When I look at his numbers, I think he was only in the top-3 for 2002.
Williams StatsOK Maybe he was only top 3 in 2002, but still alot more impressive than R. Brown. Brown only got 1 touchdown this year (Not to mention his longest run is for 10 yards) and is not nearly the receiver that williams was. Plain and simle Brown is not impressive at all.

Ronnie Brown's Stats
:lmao: Are you serious? Brown's longest run was 28 yards yesterday. And i don't know where your getting your info about the receiving argument but Brown has been highly touted for his extremely good hands for being such a big back that runs with speed and power. His MO coming out of college was based on how good his hands are. He had six receptions yesterday. As for his fumble, that was the first one of the year. He has had two hundred yard rushing games in a rown. Unimpressive? Seriously?
Sorry, I meant his longest reception was for 10 yards. And I get my stats from NFL.comHe had 6 receptions yesterday for a total of 19 yards and thats supposed to be impressive. For the season he has 11 receptions for 43 yards.

"He has had two hundred yard rushing games in a rown" He has only had a 100 yard game once this season. Were are you getting your stats.

Here are his averages:

Rushing

80 YPG

4.3 Avg.

.25 TD's per game

Receiving.

10.75 YPG Receiving

3.9 Avg.

0 TD's

Williams has started off WAY better than this every year he has been a Starter in the NFL.
I like Ricky Williams as much - or more - than most Dolphin fans, but you are WAY WAY WAY off on Ronnie Brown in the passing game.It's not even funny how far off you are.

Otis

An owner scorned?
You are right. Except in 2002, 2003 and to some degree 2001. But other than that you are right. Oh except in 2005 it remains to be seen.
Ricky Williams had one, I repeat, ONE season (2002) in which he was a reliable fantasy option. In every other season he has been a plodding, inconsistent, headache. Take it from a guy who has owned him all those years and experienced the headache first hand.Combine that with the events of the past year and he is not a guy I will ever want to rely on.

"highest rated RB's to come out of college based on prospect grading" This means nothing, let me present you with Exhibit A: Ron Dayne
I don't recall exactly, but I don't recall Ron Dayne having as high a grade as any of the top-3 RBs in this past draft.Second point, there's nothing like taking the exception to dispute the rule - the VAST bulk of highly graded RBs (ie - top-5 picks) have either panned out or were devastatingly injured (read - Curtis Enis).Wasn't Ricky Williams a top-5 pick? ;)

Ronnie Brown's Stats

Here are his averages:

Rushing

80 YPG

4.3 Avg.

.25 TD's per game

Receiving.

10.75 YPG Receiving

3.9 Avg.

0 TD's

I like Ricky Williams as much - or more - than most Dolphin fans, but you are WAY WAY WAY off on Ronnie Brown in the passing game.It's not even funny how far off you are.
No I think you are "WAY WAY WAY " WRONG. I gave you Factual Stats from the NFL and you tell me I'm "off". You cant argue facts. Please explain your reasoning and it better not have to do with college football, because that means squat.

Combine that with the events of the past year and he is not a guy I will ever want to rely on.
Actually, IMO, he was a perfectly serviceable RB2 in 2000, 2001, and 2002. It's just that he came with an RB1 price tage. This year, he came with an RB4 or RB5 price tag, and may ultimately be as serviceable for the rest of this year as Ronnie Brown, who carried a 4th/5th round RB3 price tag.

Ricky Williams had one, I repeat, ONE season (2002) in which he was a reliable fantasy option. In every other season he has been a plodding, inconsistent, headache. Take it from a guy who has owned him all those years and experienced the headache first hand.

Combine that with the events of the past year and he is not a guy I will ever want to rely on.
1300 and 10 TD's and 1200 and 7 are not shabby numbers, maybe not RB1 numbers but starting numbers in most 12 man or better leagues.The events of the past year? A year and a half ago he screwed the team. The past 6 months have been very positive in my opinion, and in the opinion of the coaching staff.

I just wonder what you base this on. I mean sure in 2003 he dipped down a bit, but the line he ran behind SUCKED! And 392 carries should be illegal. He still managed to finish with 1300 yards and 9 TD's.
Not only did his O-Line suck big time, his head coach was Dave Friggin' Wanstedt whose idea of letting Ricky run outside was to plan for the hole to be between the guard and the tackle instead of between the center and the guard. The ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE game plan that the Dolphin's "brain" trust came up with would have stopped, Jim Brown/Walter Payton/Barry Sanders/pick your idea of the best RB ever, dead in his tracks.I truly believe that one of the reasons that Ricky quit was that he didn't want to play another year where he got hammered like that with no chance for a decent outcome. This is not to give Ricky an out for quitting when he did, he was 100% wrong on the timing, but I really can't blame him for not wanting to put up with another year of Wanstedt's ludicrous offensive game plans.

I gave you Factual Stats from the NFL and you tell me I'm "off". You cant argue facts. Please explain your reasoning and it better not have to do with college football, because that means squat.
You gave me squat except a few games' worth of numbers while Ronnie was getting his NFL Legs under him - Ronnie Brown, or ANY rookie for that matter, IS judged based n college until they have some more factual data than four NFL games.He was drafted as a top blocking and reliable hands running back who also could take a feature back role. As far as his worth in the passing game, he is Edge James with better blocking skills.

Actually, IMO, he was a perfectly serviceable RB2 in 2000, 2001, and 2002. It's just that he came with an RB1 price tage. This year, he came with an RB4 or RB5 price tag, and may ultimately be as serviceable for the rest of this year as Ronnie Brown, who carried a 4th/5th round RB3 price tag.
One of the two of you is objective.

I just wonder what you base this on. I mean sure in 2003 he dipped down a bit, but the line he ran behind SUCKED! And 392 carries should be illegal. He still managed to  finish with 1300 yards and 9 TD's.
Not only did his O-Line suck big time, his head coach was Dave Friggin' Wanstedt whose idea of letting Ricky run outside was to plan for the hole to be between the guard and the tackle instead of between the center and the guard. The ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE game plan that the Dolphin's "brain" trust came up with would have stopped, Jim Brown/Walter Payton/Barry Sanders/pick your idea of the best RB ever, dead in his tracks.I truly believe that one of the reasons that Ricky quit was that he didn't want to play another year where he got hammered like that with no chance for a decent outcome. This is not to give Ricky an out for quitting when he did, he was 100% wrong on the timing, but I really can't blame him for not wanting to put up with another year of Wanstedt's ludicrous offensive game plans.
675 carries in two years to miss the playoffs would probably annoy me too.

"highest rated RB's to come out of college based on prospect grading" This means nothing, let me present you with Exhibit A: Ron Dayne
I don't recall exactly, but I don't recall Ron Dayne having as high a grade as any of the top-3 RBs in this past draft.Second point, there's nothing like taking the exception to dispute the rule - the VAST bulk of highly graded RBs (ie - top-5 picks) have either panned out or were devastatingly injured (read - Curtis Enis).

Wasn't Ricky Williams a top-5 pick? ;)
2000 was one of the most talendted draft years in recent history. Dayne was way better in college. He has the most rushing yards for a division 1- A Running Back EVER. He also won the Heisman Trophy. 1. Ron Dayne Wisconsin 6,397

2. Ricky Williams Texas 6,279

3. Tony Dorsett Pittsburgh 6,082

His regular season game total of 6397 yards rushing established an NCAA Division 1-A record, breaking the previous mark of 6279 yards by Ricky Williams of Texas (1995-98)...Including bowl games, he became the first player in college annals to rush for over 7000 yards (7125) in a career, breaking the old Big Ten Conference record of 5589 yards by Ohio State’s Archie Griffin...Tied the NCAA all-time record held by Williams and Marcus Allen of Southern California with twelve 200-yard rushing performances...Became the fifth player in college history to rush for over 1000 yards in a season four times.

Round 1

1 (1) Cleveland Browns - Courtney Brown, DE Penn State

2 (2) Washington Redskins - LaVar Arrington, LB Penn State

3 (3) Washington Redskins - Chris Samuels, T Alabama

4 (4) Cincinnati Bengals - Peter Warrick, WR Florida State

5 (5) Baltimore Ravens - Jamal Lewis, RB Tennessee

6 (6) Philadelphia Eagles - Corey Simon, DT Florida State

7 (7) Arizona Cardinals - Thomas Jones, RB Virginia

8 (8) Pittsburgh Steelers - Plaxico Burress, WR Michigan State

9 (9) Chicago Bears - Brian Urlacher, LB New Mexico

10 (10) Baltimore Ravens - Travis Taylor, WR Florida

11 (11) New York Giants - Ron Dayne, RB Wisconsin

12 (12) New York Jets - Shaun Ellis, DE Tennessee

13 (13) New York Jets - John Abraham, LB South Carolina

14 (14) Green Bay Packers - Bubba Franks, TE Miami (FL)

15 (15) Denver Broncos - Deltha O'Neal, DB California

16 (16) San Francisco 49ers - Julian Peterson, LB Michigan State

17 (17) Oakland Raiders - Sebastian Janikowski, K Florida State

18 (18) New York Jets - Chad Pennington, QB Marshall

19 (19) Seattle Seahawks - Shaun Alexander, RB Alabama

20 (20) Detroit Lions - Stockar McDougle, T Oklahoma

21 (21) Kansas City Chiefs - Sylvester Morris, WR Jackson State

22 (22) Seattle Seahawks - Chris McIntosh, T Wisconsin

23 (23) Carolina Panthers - Rashard Anderson, DB Jackson State

25 (25) Minnesota Vikings - Chris Hovan, DT Boston College

26 (26) Buffalo Bills - Erik Flowers, DE Arizona State

27 (27) New York Jets - Anthony Becht, TE West Virginia

28 (28) Indianapolis Colts - Rob Morris, LB Brigham Young

29 (29) Jacksonille Jaguars - R. Jay Soward, WR USC

30 (30) Tennessee Titans - Keith Bulluck, LB Syracuse

31 (31) St. Louis Rams - Trung Canidate, RB Arizona

Ricky Williams had one, I repeat, ONE season (2002) in which he was a reliable fantasy option. In every other season he has been a plodding, inconsistent, headache. Take it from a guy who has owned him all those years and experienced the headache first hand.

1300 and 10 TD's and 1200 and 7 are not shabby numbers, maybe not RB1 numbers but starting numbers in most 12 man or better leagues.
Precisely. And where are you if your RB2 produdes like an RB2 and your RB1 produces like an RB2?Not in the championship game.

Good luck with him. You obviously own him. I wish you the best.

I gave you Factual Stats from the NFL and you tell me I'm "off". You cant argue facts. Please explain your reasoning and it better not have to do with college football, because that means squat.
You gave me squat except a few games' worth of numbers while Ronnie was getting his NFL Legs under him - Ronnie Brown, or ANY rookie for that matter, IS judged based n college until they have some more factual data than four NFL games.He was drafted as a top blocking and reliable hands running back who also could take a feature back role. As far as his worth in the passing game, he is Edge James with better blocking skills.
You are so far off it isn't funny. College is not comparable to the NFL. Again I give you Ron Dayne. I suppose you think Cedric Benson is good as well. He was the #4 pick in 2005...even drafted before Carnell Williams.

I take it they both will be on the field together..since Miami is not a great passing team!

R.Brown will be the best blocking back this season due to his past experience as a Full Back>

The Dolphins have worked on a number of ways to get both Williams and rookie RB Ronnie Brown in the game at the same time, such as using them in a spread formation with one as the lone back and the other in the slot. Brown also has some experience playing fullback in college when he teamed with Cadillac Williams at Auburn. (NBC SPORTS) :bye:

Ricky Williams had one, I repeat, ONE season (2002) in which he was a reliable fantasy option.  In every other season he has been a plodding, inconsistent, headache.  Take it from a guy who has owned him all those years and experienced the headache first hand.

1300 and 10 TD's and 1200 and 7 are not shabby numbers, maybe not RB1 numbers but starting numbers in most 12 man or better leagues.
Precisely. And where are you if your RB2 produdes like an RB2 and your RB1 produces like an RB2?Not in the championship game.

I own both and they are backups. And you can win with two RB2's, you just have to find a way.

You are so far off it isn't funny. College is not comparable to the NFL. Again I give you Ron Dayne. I suppose you think Cedric Benson is good as well. He was the #4 pick in 2005...even drafted before Carnell Williams.
There is no way you are serious? Are you?

I'd say four games of NFL play is WAY WAY WAY ( ;) ) too early to judge any of these guys - including whether Cadillac will be a good NFL player. And, yes, I think Cedrick Benson can still dveelop into a very good NFL player and feature back/top fantasy starter for the Bears - even THIS year.Can I safely assume you think that Benson being drafted before Cadillac means he should have better stats at this point than Cadillac? There is NO WAY to know what ANY of these backs will be doing for their teams come fantasy or NFL playoffs. Making assumptions about their skill sets as you are doing based on these first four NFL games seems like bad analysis to me.

Ricky Williams had one, I repeat, ONE season (2002) in which he was a reliable fantasy option.  In every other season he has been a plodding, inconsistent, headache.  Take it from a guy who has owned him all those years and experienced the headache first hand.

I own both and they are backups. And you can win with two RB2's, you just have to find a way.
you can win with NO RBs - I won a Super Bowl two years ago with Marshal Faulk and William Green as my drafted backs - last year I went to the Super Bowl with Deuce and Kevan Barlow as my drafted RB1/2.RBs = overrated for winning championships.

I'd say four games of NFL play is WAY WAY WAY ( ;) ) too early to judge any of these guys - including whether Cadillac will be a good NFL player. And, yes, I think Cedrick Benson can still dveelop into a very good NFL player and feature back/top fantasy starter for the Bears - even THIS year.Can I safely assume you think that Benson being drafted before Cadillac means he should have better stats at this point than Cadillac? There is NO WAY to know what ANY of these backs will be doing for their teams come fantasy or NFL playoffs. Making assumptions about their skill sets as you are doing based on these first four NFL games seems like bad analysis to me.
I don't know how you have the patience. :thumbup:

My analyis was complete the minute I saw Benson crying.We will look back at this draft 5 years from now and will ponder what an awesome RB class it was, largely because of Cadillac and Brown.

My analyis was complete the minute I saw Benson crying.
I can tell you are a deep thinker and, by the posts in this thread, I can tell you are really forgiving when someone does something you find unusual. :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it they both will be on the field together..since Miami is not a great passing team!

R.Brown will be the best blocking back this season due to his past experience as a Full Back>

The Dolphins have worked on a number of ways to get both Williams and rookie RB Ronnie Brown in the game at the same time, such as using them in a spread formation with one as the lone back and the other in the slot. Brown also has some experience playing fullback in college when he teamed with Cadillac Williams at Auburn. (NBC SPORTS) :bye:
You must be forgetting about Tomlinson's Blocker, Lorenzo Neal. He is the best in the busines.

No you can not safely assume that.I'm trying to show that you really cant predict who is going to be good in the pro's. Look at the number of Top 10 flops and the number of late picks that turn out to be great (Marc Bulgar)."Making assumptions about their skill sets as you are doing based on these first four NFL games seems like bad analysis to me." I'm just saying it will have a big impact on the rest of the season. Your opinion of Cedric Benson is just Crazy. He is horrible.

you can win with NO RBs - I won a Super Bowl two years ago with Marshal Faulk and William Green as my drafted backs - last year I went to the Super Bowl with Deuce and Kevan Barlow as my drafted RB1/2.RBs = overrated for winning championships.
I want to get in your FF league.

If the only way you can win is with RBs, you suck at this game.You would finish in the bottom of my league for many years - we are 80% sharks, 20% competitive players, 2G grand prize - it is a serious league.

The reason you HAVE TO be able to win w/o RBs is that ALL RBs get scooped up an dALL RBs have equal potential for seaosn ending injury. If you rely on RBs to win your league, you need help in how to play fantasy football.

Otis

Perhaps, but the sad truth is that I was a Ricky Williams owner in my main dynasty league for a long time until he retired on me. He has been nothing but a nightmare since, and I had zero qualms about trading for Brown in that league, knowing full well that Ricky was making a "comeback."The truth is that Ronnie Brown is playing up to his billing. The Dolphins will play Ricky Williams for sure, but to suggest he gets 70% of the touches, particularly when Brown has looked very strong for a rookie in his first few games, is nonsensical to me.
This says it all...

:goodposting: But more of a 'I agree 100% posting'.I feel the same way, except I have been fortunate to only draft Ricky one season, and that was his 2002 season. I had early word on what Ricky was doing socially and professionally with his body that I felt good about him.

If the only way you can win is with RBs, you suck at this game.

You would finish in the bottom of my league for many years - we are 80% sharks, 20% competitive players, 2G grand prize - it is a serious league.

The reason you HAVE TO be able to win w/o RBs is that ALL RBs get scooped up an dALL RBs have equal potential for seaosn ending injury. If you rely on RBs to win your league, you need help in how to play fantasy football.
:own3d:

If the only way you can win is with RBs, you suck at this game.You would finish in the bottom of my league for many years - we are 80% sharks, 20% competitive players, 2G grand prize - it is a serious league.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good. We only play for $200 and we are all complete idiots... it must be because the grand prize determines how good you are.

"ALL RBs have equal potential for seaosn ending injury". Do you listen to what you say? They all have injury potential; however, its not equal for all. How about wide receivers. Do they not gget injured. Do all of the good ones get "scooped up"?

I only do Auction Drafts, and RB's go for Double Wide Receivers. This wouldn't be the case if WR's are what win games. In 2002 I won with Jamal Lewis, Tomlinson and Fred Taylor. 2 RB + Flex. I dont even remeber who I had for receivers.

If you have 3 solid Running backs (2RB + Flex), you can get away with medocre receivers. This year I am in 1st place and the bulk of my points come from. Tomlinson, T. Jones, T. Holt and S. Smith. WR's help. RB's win games.I have C. Brown as a backup and R. Williams to start filling in for Bye's.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good.

"ALL RBs have equal potential for seaosn ending injury". Do you listen to what you say? They all have injury potential; however, its not equal for all. How about wide receivers. Do they not gget injured. Do all of the good ones get "scooped up"?

I only do Auction Drafts, and RB's go for Double Wide Receivers. This wouldn't be the case if WR's are what win games. In 2002 I won with Jamal Lewis, Tomlinson and Fred Taylor. 2 RB + Flex. If you have 3 solid Running backs, you can get away with medocre receivers. This year I am in 1st place and the bulk of my points come from. Tomlinson, T. Jones, T. Holt and S. Smith. WR's help. RB's win games.
Then why don't you guys just draft and start only RB's? I mean if the other positions don't matter what's the point?Sounds like a boring league if you can only win with RB's.

I only do Auction Drafts, and RB's go for Double Wide Receivers. This wouldn't be the case if WR's are what win games. In 2002 I won with Jamal Lewis, Tomlinson and Fred Taylor. 2 RB + Flex. If you have 3 solid Running backs, you can get away with medocre receivers. This year I am in 1st place and the bulk of my points come from. Tomlinson, T. Jones, T. Holt and S. Smith. WR's help. RB's win games.
Then why don't you guys just draft and start only RB's? I mean if the other positions don't matter what's the point?Sounds like a boring league if you can only win with RB's.
That goes for all leagues. I'll take a team with the 3 best RB's and 3 Crappy Receivers over a team with the 3 Best receivers and crap running backs any day. Dont get me wrong. You still need receivers, a QB, a TE, but again RB's simply score the most points and there is no argument against it. This is my team, its not like I dont look at other positions:QB Michael Vick, Atl QB

RB Thomas Jones, Chi RB

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD RB

RB/WR Chris Brown, Ten RB

WR Torry Holt, StL WR

WR Donald Driver, GB WR

WR Steve Smith, Car WR

TE Todd Heap, Bal TE

Lawrence Tynes, KC K

Backups: (get changes around weekly)

Bench Ricky Williams, Mia RB

Bench David Givens, NE WR

Bench Charles Rogers*, Det WR

Bench Arnaz Battle, SF WR

Bench Matt Stover, Bal K

Bench Drew Brees, SD QB

Bench Ernie Conwell, NO TE

You would finish in the bottom of my league for many years - we are 80% sharks, 20% competitive players, 2G grand prize - it is a serious league.

LOLYou guppies would get swallowed whole in my league. We play for 200 Large. Top prize is 1.5M. I have a staff of 5 doing statistical analysis, schedule analysis, weather analysis, etc. Hell, I even hired a psychic this year. We're so good you have to be able to win without RBs, WRs, and QBs.

That goes for all leagues. I'll take a team with the 3 best RB's and 3 Crappy Receivers over a team with the 3 Best receivers and crap running backs any day. Dont get me wrong. You still need receivers, a QB, a TE, but again RB's simply score the most points and there is no argument against it. This is my team, its not like I dont look at other positions:
It does not go for all leagues. We have adjusted our scoring such that other positions are just as important. Many leagues do the same in different ways. You should not generalize.

You guppies would get swallowed whole in my league. We play for 200 Large. Top prize is 1.5M. I have a staff of 5 doing statistical analysis, schedule analysis, weather analysis, etc. Hell, I even hired a psychic this year. We're so good you have to be able to win without RBs, WRs, and QBs.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: If your league was big time, you'd at least have your own cheerleading squads.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm gonna go ahead and let you dig your own hole here. I don't tell myself anything to feel good - I just win leagues regardless of my RB talent level.My track record for winning shark leagues - free and for money - is pretty well known.But, go ahead - pray to the RB altar - be a novice.

LOLYou guppies would get swallowed whole in my league. We play for 200 Large. Top prize is 1.5M. I have a staff of 5 doing statistical analysis, schedule analysis, weather analysis, etc. Hell, I even hired a psychic this year. We're so good you have to be able to win without RBs, WRs, and QBs.
:lmao: GB Chaz.

Users who are viewing this thread