What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dr. Steve Brule: Funny or Offensive? (1 Viewer)

Dr. Steve Brule is...

• Funny

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Offensive

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not funny

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Not offensive

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
I'm just discovering a character played by John C. Reilly that was featured on Adult Swim from 2010-2016.  I admit it appeals to my sense of humor, but I also realized I'm laughing at someone who's playing a low IQ individual.  Should I feel guilty or just laugh away?

Example

laugh...life is too damn short and serious. Dude created it to be funny, someone agreed it was funny and aired it, and a #### ton of people watched it and laughed. Its ok to just laugh at something and not search for a deeper meaning auto why you are laughing....just go with it and move on with the next thing in your life. 

laugh...life is too damn short and serious. Dude created it to be funny, someone agreed it was funny and aired it, and a #### ton of people watched it and laughed. Its ok to just laugh at something and not search for a deeper meaning auto why you are laughing....just go with it and move on with the next thing in your life. 
/thread

If you’re watching Adult Swim, you’re unconcerned with polite and friendly humor.  The character Brule isn’t some low rent simpleton kind of humor, either.  It’s a parody of public access TV and the eccentric/awkward personalities found there; a harsher and darker Wayne’s World.

Ultimately, as stated above, laugh at what makes you laugh and enjoy doing so

I'm just discovering a character played by John C. Reilly that was featured on Adult Swim from 2010-2016.  I admit it appeals to my sense of humor, but I also realized I'm laughing at someone who's playing a low IQ individual.  Should I feel guilty or just laugh away?

Example
he's a doctor, therefore not a low IQ individual.

its funny as hell.   Was just watching Dumpster Shrimp at lunchtime  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWXjkvc--EM

Users who are viewing this thread