What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dwayne Bowe (1 Viewer)

ThePittbully

Footballguy
What happened with Bowe today, I didn't get to see the game. I heard he left the game with an injury, but as far as I know he came back. Did he stay out of the game today or did he just not get targeted?

IMO, Huard was scared of Al Harris. Can't wait until official targets come out, but he didn't get many.

I was flipping through the game in the second half and they mentioned something about him not playing much since the first quarter because of an injury.

He had 2 target, battling hamstring issues all game. I don't know how serious it is going forward.

he did have a pass interference call in the endzone. Not sure if it was on a TD play or 2pt conversion.

Max Power said:
he did have a pass interference call in the endzone. Not sure if it was on a TD play or 2pt conversion.
Pretty sure it was the conversion attempt, as I think Parker was the one trying to make the TD catch. Bowe did take quite a hit from Bigby.

Max Power said:
Pretty sure it was the conversion attempt, as I think Parker was the one trying to make the TD catch. Bowe did take quite a hit from Bigby.
This is correct. Bowe took that hit early in the game, and I didn't see him again until the conversion attempt. Parker and Webb were the two wide receivers for the vast majority of the game.

he strained a hammy and was going up against a pretty tough pass d as it was.
Are you sure it was his hammy.. He got hit pretty good on a pass over the middle. I would of guessed ribs but I didn't watch the entire game.. Did they mention hammy on the telecast..

It wouldn't have mattered if he did sit the whole game. Huard was absolutely locked in on Gonzo all game, and to his credit Gonzo kept getting open.

It wouldn't have mattered if he did sit the whole game. Huard was absolutely locked in on Gonzo all game, and to his credit Gonzo kept getting open.
It's quite possible that Bowe's injury is one reason Huard locked in on Gonzo all game. The Webb-Parker duo doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Does anyone have any further on Bowe going forward? I don't see any injury reports, but I only took a quick look.

According to the Kansas City Star:

"•KENNISON, BOWE GOOD TO GO: Edwards said wide receivers Eddie Kennison and Dwayne Bowe, both of whom have hamstring injuries, should be available to start on Sunday. Kennison, who has appeared in just two games this season, is expected to go full speed in practice this week. Bowe tweaked his hamstring in last Sunday’s game and did not catch a pass for the first time this season."

All reports say Bowe is a go...any inside/homer info....is he full strength???? Start with confidence???????

Any Chiefs homers have an update today on Bowe and the Chief's WR corps? I see Kennison and Bowe are slated to start.

The real question is this? Is Bowe going to be effective today? The Broncos are reeling right now. Does Bowe line up vs. Champ or on the other side? As Champ gets healthier, I'd assume he'll resume his spot atop the CB ratings.

Is Bowe a good start today over other midrange guys like Chambers, Bruce, Roddy, Reggie Brown, Booker, Kevin Curtis, Berrian....guys like that. Or would it be better to sit on him for a while.

I assume he's healthy. And you'd think the Chiefs will be passing aplenty with Larry out. Gonzo will get his. But what about Bowe? He's only gotten 3 and 4 receptions for the past month since the "breakout" game vs. San Diego.

I've got Moss on the bye. I am going with Bowe for pretty much all of the reasons that Sabertooth listed. Hopefully he shows up. KC at home should be a good play. The Lions decimated th Broncos last week.

Users who are viewing this thread