What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Deep Deep Sleepers (1 Viewer)

Jeff Webb KC WR. Currently #5 or #6 on their depth chart. However, he is the only WR on that roster that isn't brittle. That roster is full of Dante Hall clones at WR. Webb's size alone should get him plenty of opportunities to make an impression and possibly move into the #3 spot.

Also, for IDP's...Marcus Hudson SF S. He is currently #2 on the depth chart but it's not like he has studs playing in front of him. He could see plenty of time should the #1 falter or get injured.

Jeff Webb KC WR. Currently #5 or #6 on their depth chart. However, he is the only WR on that roster that isn't brittle. That roster is full of Dante Hall clones at WR. Webb's size alone should get him plenty of opportunities to make an impression and possibly move into the #3 spot.

Also, for IDP's...Marcus Hudson SF S. He is currently #2 on the depth chart but it's not like he has studs playing in front of him. He could see plenty of time should the #1 falter or get injured.
That reminds me:Craphonso Thorpe.

The "crappy one" as he has been dubbed is a BIG target for Trent. Word is he's looking like an ACTUAL receiver. Might just get his shot on the depth chart this year behind Parker.

Jeff Webb KC WR.  Currently #5 or #6 on their depth chart.  However, he is the only WR on that roster that isn't brittle.  That roster is full of Dante Hall clones at WR.  Webb's size alone should get him plenty of opportunities to make an impression and possibly move into the #3 spot.

Also, for IDP's...Marcus Hudson SF S.  He is currently #2 on the depth chart but it's not like he has studs playing in front of him.  He could see plenty of time should the #1 falter or get injured.
That reminds me:Craphonso Thorpe.

The "crappy one" as he has been dubbed is a BIG target for Trent. Word is he's looking like an ACTUAL receiver. Might just get his shot on the depth chart this year behind Parker.
As an FSU fan I'm rooting for Thorpe to get a shot. And I think he is listed as Sammie Parker's backup. But he's just so frail. He doesn't even have any muscle to him.

Forgot about one I think has a GREAT upside...

Doug Gabriel WR OAK

The kid has mad skills. Should anything happen to Porter, he's a legit WR2.

I've heard the offense has him in some plays with Moss anyway.

Should be Gabriel's best year, if Brooks can stay healthy.

8 for 100 and a TD in Week 17 against the Giants shows you he's capable..

Let's see if he can improve on his #s with a 50-60 catch season.

When everybody else is drafting rookies, show them that YOU'RE the shark and take Gabriel.

I'm in a giving mood this year. Thank me later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot about one I think has a GREAT upside...

Doug Gabriel WR OAK

The kid has mad skills. Should anything happen to Porter, he's a legit WR2.

I've heard the offense has him in some plays with Moss anyway.

Should be Gabriel's best year, if Brooks can stay healthy.

8 for 100 and a TD in Week 17 against the Giants shows you he's capable..

Let's see if he can improve on his #s with a 50-60 catch season.

When everybody else is drafting rookies, show them that YOU'RE the shark and take Gabriel.

I'm in a giving mood this year. Thank me later.
I assume you are in the camp that says Curry cannot come back from his third achilles injury. I am a guy that looks at 2006 targets in an attempt to predict the coming year.Gabriel is a big play guy, but he has a ton of drops. He had 72 targets in 2005, resulting in 37 catches. Of the the 37 catches, 31 went for first downs and 9 went for plays of 20+ yards. He also had 3 Tds. Also, 2005 looked eerily similar to 2004 for Gabriel in targets and production.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395962

http://www.footballguys.com/teampage-rai-2.php

BTW, the FBG team pages have Curry in front of Gabriel: http://www.footballguys.com/06teamreport-rai.php

I do know that Gabriel goes undrafted in many recent initial dynasty drafts and could be somewhat productive if given the chance.

Drew Carter was one of my sleeper early last year and I kind of lost the faith when the Panthers brought in Rod Gardiner. Gardiner did absolutely nothing while he was on the roster and only after his release did Carter start to shine. This year they bring in Meshaun but I still think Carter will hold #3 over Colbert.

The guy starting to get optimistic about is Bernard Berrian. People figure that he is too much of an injury risk to be worth putting on their roster. I thought he proved that he was more than just a deep threat last year in the Bears brief playoff appearance. So far, he is coming in to camp healthy. His main competition is Mark Bradley who is come off an ACL injury so Berrian could start the season as the Bears #2.

I have to admit that Bradley is not practicing like a player who suffered an ACL injury. Camp report: “Bradley, meanwhile, caught several balls without a hint of the season-ending torn ACL he suffered last October in Detroit.”

Users who are viewing this thread