What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Javorius "Buck" Allen, RB BAL (1 Viewer)

50k adds on yahoo today... not even 3pm. I hate that they broadcast that info. Do your own research!
it's why fantasy football is so popular. any dummy can win.

on top of that these sites spoon-feed you information since fantasy sports info is such big business and generates so much traffic

the amount of skill required decreases every year
This is my 11th year, and this has been my experience as well.
A lot comes down to your own rules. Dont have open add/drop periods, for one. Use some budget allocation rather than just waiver order. I find deeper benches promote better skill AND more trading, maybe because Allen is likely owned a week or more before anything becomes defined as to his role.

Im in another league which limits transactions - I dont like that, personally, but it also addresses this particular issue.

Put all those rules together, it limits the luck in this way, at least.

Now that Forsett is likely out I think we need to take Allen a bit more seriously this week.

Here are his touches from week 5.

From all the scouting reports I've read, it seems the consensus is that he has 3-down potential (good inside rusher, good in pass pro, good hands). He doesn't exactly pop off the screen but he looks solid enough; he seems like the type of player who could grind down a defense given enough volume. He'll likely see that volume this week in a plus match-up so it's hard for me to treat him as anything less than a RB2.
thanks for that. Lammey blasts on this kid all the time, but he looks ok to me. Pushes the crease, seems to find the cut back lanes naturally. Shows some pop and it looks like Ravens not afraid to use him in the red zone.

Wish it were an earlier game though unless there is a sense of absolute certainty as to Forsett tomorrow AM.

He has a nice stop/start move and a slashing style similar to Arian Foster and Leveon Bell. He's not as laterally quick as them though. His skill set could be interesting in that offense for PPR leagues.

Late game. Let's face it, it's possible that Magee was activated in case Forsett can't go. Or Mostert could also be inactive as perhaps he's not up to speed. Hopefully there's a report before noon as there aren't many actual RB2 options (as opposed to flex) at 300 today.

Last edited by a moderator:
22 carries for 67 yards and 5 catches on 6 targets for 48 yards against St. Louis.

And they won just their 3rd game

Last edited by a moderator:
How'd he look? YPC seemed low - OL issues, talent?
Raven receiving corps is so weak I think opponents have been keying on stopping the run first all season. None of the backs have had much room to run...he's looked as good or better than Forsett when he gets to run. Forsett was a better receiver, to my eye.

He has to be a RB2 due to scarcity/volume but you'd be hard pressed to name a team more devoid of offensive talent than BAL moving forward. He may be able to help some teams make the playoffs with plus match-ups vs. CLE and MIA coming up but my gut tells me he will be a hard fade during the playoffs (SEA, KC, PIT). He's definitely worth the waiver priority/blowing your FAAB on at this point (assuming Rawls isn't available) but yeah, BAL isn't going to be threatening anyone with Schaub, Aiken, Givens and Gillmore.

Anyone selling in dynasty. I've wound up pretty flush with young rb depth between Ingram gurley rawls west and Allen and am wondering if this is a good sell high time to the forsett owner.

Will probably start him at flex this week. Alternatives are Jordan Hardtotrust--I mean, Matthews -- and Aiken. If I have to start someone on that Ravens offense, I figure it should be the guy whose value isn't wholly dependent on Matt Schaub. Plus with Cleveland's run D I figure they lean pretty hard on Buck this week and see what they have for next year.

Picking him up to #### block other teams, will never feel comfy starting him.
Going against a guy this week who is right behind me in waiver order. I know if I don't take him he will and he's desperate at RB. I'll probably regret whatever choice I make.

Anyone selling in dynasty. I've wound up pretty flush with young rb depth between Ingram gurley rawls west and Allen and am wondering if this is a good sell high time to the forsett owner.
Holding for now. Seems like he should have a strong finish in PPR, as he's a good pass catching back. Likely to be playing from behind + Trestman has no problem throwing to the RB + Foster did well in the passing game with Schaub. Even if he's terrible running the ball, he should catch a bunch of passes. Thinking can spin that with the "Forsett will be 31" narrative to get a bigger return in the offseason.

Holding for now. Seems like he should have a strong finish in PPR, as he's a good pass catching back. Likely to be playing from behind + Trestman has no problem throwing to the RB + Foster did well in the passing game with Schaub. Even if he's terrible running the ball, he should catch a bunch of passes. Thinking can spin that with the "Forsett will be 31" narrative to get a bigger return in the offseason.
Yeah good point, return should probably be higher next year unless he totally busts which I don't think he will.

I think I'm leaning Buck. There's no one on this offense. He's going to get 25 carries and a possible 5-10 checkdowns from Schaub a game. Volume trumps any talent deficiency this late in the year.

I think I'm leaning Buck. There's no one on this offense. He's going to get 25 carries and a possible 5-10 checkdowns from Schaub a game. Volume trumps any talent deficiency this late in the year.
I'm going to assume BAL is going to (correctly) be pegged as an underdog from here on out. There's no way he sees 25 carries a game unless BAL just phones it in when facing huge deficits. I'm sure he'll see passing game work but assuming that he'll be utilized 30-35 times a game is crazy. Also, I doubt he sees 100% of the work. I'm sure Mostert will be worked in in some capacity.

I'm in rebuild mode and was offered TColeman for him.

I want to see if he can produce these last few weeks to get a bump in value. Maybe steal a starting job for 2016 or at least turn some dynasty heads.

If his values goes up and I am not blown away I will probably move him before the 2016 NFL draft in case they take a RB early.

I'm in rebuild mode and was offered TColeman for him.

I want to see if he can produce these last few weeks to get a bump in value. Maybe steal a starting job for 2016 or at least turn some dynasty heads.

If his values goes up and I am not blown away I will probably move him before the 2016 NFL draft in case they take a RB early.
Picked him up a few weeks ago in dynasty on a hope and a prayer. What I've seen, he's a career back-up so I'm hoping that I'm either wrong and he beasts to end the season or by just getting a heavy workload, he's intriguing enough to someone to extract something decent in off-season trading.

Right now, based purely on speculation and likely volume, what do you think he'd fetch right now from a RB desperate team and a Thursday trade deadline?

I'm in re-build mode, and don't know whether he's got a chance to be a lead back in a RBBC next year.

Right now, based purely on speculation and likely volume, what do you think he'd fetch right now from a RB desperate team and a Thursday trade deadline?

I'm in re-build mode, and don't know whether he's got a chance to be a lead back in a RBBC next year.
I haven't watched the Ravens much this season, but has his pass protection improved? That was apparently the knock against him in the preseason. Plus Taliaferro will still be in the mix next season.

I would offer a 2nd RD pick

RB9 going forward in PPR leagues? Yet everything on the site here says RB2.

Which is it FBGs?

Schedule looks brutal.
They have him higher than they had Forsett last week. Same story in non-PPR.

I would love some insight into that.
He slipped to RB10 in my PPR settings, Rest of season.

Higher than where Forsett was last week.

Everything I read on the site or podcasts say RB2.... anything?

Probably due to him being a better receiver than Forsett and likely to get any goal line carries (if there are any).
And also the steep downgrade between Flacco and Schaub. I could see the Ravens relying more on the run game than they did with Flacco. Allen is in a great position as far as workload goes. They'll try to run him, but if they don't have success, he should be active in the passing game. Of course, if the Ravens only score ten points per week, then his value is going to take a big hit.

Probably due to him being a better receiver than Forsett and likely to get any goal line carries (if there are any).
And also the steep downgrade between Flacco and Schaub. I could see the Ravens relying more on the run game than they did with Flacco. Allen is in a great position as far as workload goes. They'll try to run him, but if they don't have success, he should be active in the passing game. Of course, if the Ravens only score ten points per week, then his value is going to take a big hit.
But he was a monster last week in ppr leagues. If he gets 6/60 on the receiving end and only rushes for 50 yards I'm still quite satisfied

Now that Forsett is likely out I think we need to take Allen a bit more seriously this week.

From all the scouting reports I've read, it seems the consensus is that he has 3-down potential (good inside rusher, good in pass pro, good hands). He doesn't exactly pop off the screen but he looks solid enough; he seems like the type of player who could grind down a defense given enough volume. He'll likely see that volume this week in a plus match-up so it's hard for me to treat him as anything less than a RB2.
thanks for that. Lammey blasts on this kid all the time, but he looks ok to me. Pushes the crease, seems to find the cut back lanes naturally. Shows some pop and it looks like Ravens not afraid to use him in the red zone.
If Lammy isn't on board then that's an indication we should all like the kid.

If Lammy isn't on board then that's an indication we should all like the kid.
Oh my goodness, lmao. So true.

N football guys said to drop west.. Lol n football guys said to drop Miller after four weeks
Their upgrades this week included a 50% FAAB WW recommendation on Eddie Lacy... In what (serious) leagues are Eddie Lacy being dropped in, and if you participate in one do you really need to subscribe to FBG to win it?!

FF playoff schedule is an absolute nightmare. I passed on him just because of that. Otherwise he's a solid back and if he takes the job I think he's a good dynasty grab for next year. I'm a USC fan so I saw a lot of him in college. Real deal if he can pick up the NFL quickly

FF playoff schedule is an absolute nightmare. I passed on him just because of that. Otherwise he's a solid back and if he takes the job I think he's a good dynasty grab for next year. I'm a USC fan so I saw a lot of him in college. Real deal if he can pick up the NFL quickly
I like him solely because of his ppr value. Schaub is the QB and their rushing matchups are pretty tough from here on out, so I expect a lot of receiving stats. Again, if he can get me 50 rushing yards a game, but 5/50 receiving... Even without a td that's a solid day from my flex position. With a td he's WW gold.

I missed out on Rawls (yes, he was waived last week, but his owner emptied his FAAB to get him back) so Allen is a great consolation prize

Rotoworld:

Buck Allen rushed 12 times for 55 yards and caught 4-of-5 targets for 29 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 12 win over the Browns on Monday night.

In the first game without Justin Forsett, Allen got the start and played 36-of-61 offensive snaps, according to Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke. The volume wasn't quite as high as we expected coming into the week, but Allen more than made up for it with his 13-yard touchdown catch on a dump-off from Matt Schaub where Allen "broke" four pitiful tackle attempts from defenders. Terrance West was promoted from the practice squad last week and carried the ball seven times for 37 yards in his team debut. Allen and West will likely share time the remainder of the season, with Allen seeing 15-18 touches and West mixing in for 6-8 of his own. Allen will be a mid-range RB2 next week against a similarly-bad Dolphins run defense.

Dec 1 - 12:10 AM

Users who are viewing this thread