What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Bo Scarborough, Lions (1 Viewer)

Good matchup this week, but the danger is that he will split carries with Ty and McKissic and if one of them gets off to a hot start you could easily see the carry volume shifting away from Bo. The flip side being if he starts well and Lions get ahead then it could be his. Dangerous play, but not without potential reward 

Good matchup this week, but the danger is that he will split carries with Ty and McKissic and if one of them gets off to a hot start you could easily see the carry volume shifting away from Bo. The flip side being if he starts well and Lions get ahead then it could be his. Dangerous play, but not without potential reward 
Last week the backfield share heavily weighted in favor of Scarborough Fair. No reason to think that changes going up against a so so WAS rush D. Plus, the talk is he's punishing. Perhaps the Lions want to see more?

Last week the backfield share heavily weighted in favor of Scarborough Fair. No reason to think that changes going up against a so so WAS rush D. Plus, the talk is he's punishing. Perhaps the Lions want to see more?
Patricia encouragingly patted him on the shoulder after one of the drives.  It does look like Patricia likes that kind of back... They signed Blount if I recall correctly.. 

Blew the rest of my ww bucks on him so I'm all in
I certainly like his outlook better then those who blew their budget on Ty.

Scarborough Fair was a FA pick up this morning in all my 3 leagues. I picked him up in one league. I didn't need have a spot available in another, and prolly would never use him in the other.

I am optimistic this week.

I certainly like his outlook better then those who blew their budget on Ty.

Scarborough Fair was a FA pick up this morning in all my 3 leagues. I picked him up in one league. I didn't need have a spot available in another, and prolly would never use him in the other.

I am optimistic this week.
Picked him up Sunday morning. Gonna start over Duke Johnson in second flex. Good times. 

Road favorite, if they can get a late lead they may just try to pound Bo and work the clock.

Decent chance this thread blows up this week and we start talking real dynasty value potential, the Skins defense is imploding and the team looks more lost every week. 

Other than the fact he bounced around more before getting a real opportunity, imo there's no reason Scarbrough shouldn't have the exact kind of sleeper dynasty cult that a guy like Isaiah Crowell did for years, and he had real value at multiple points. Imo Bo can be better and was a better prospect, though they were both flawed in different ways while being talented guys who fell to the 7th round.

Edit: turns out Crowell was an UDFA

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd lion rb I have scraped off the wire this year, if Bo is a no then that's 3 strikes on both me and the lions.

He's rapid rise from practice squad to starter with largest work share has me very intrigued. He passed the eye test and Patricia seemed pumped by one of carries. 100% worth a stash and possible spot start. May flex him this week due to byes.
I think it is also interesting that Ty Johnson really hasn't taken a hold of his opportunity and it makes me wonder if they just don't really believe in him that much. So it would seem the opportunity to dominate the backfield still exists. Plus the season is pretty much gone so why not let someone like Bo come in and show what he can do? Ty has been there since training camp so I'm sure they know what they have there.

This is the exact type of player that I always talk myself out of, and later regret it. 

Some have had long sell windows and I have really regretted it.   

LeGarrett Blount comes to mind.  Also right up there is Gus Edwards and Josh Adams last year.   CJ Anderson...  Even Damien Williams wasn't on my radar before it was too late.  Not making that mistake again!

I'm shocked that I actually got Scarborough in most of my dynasty leagues without a huge FAAB claim.  In one of my two copy leagues I got him for 8% and the first copy went for 80%.  

This is the exact type of player that I always talk myself out of, and later regret it. 

Some have had long sell windows and I have really regretted it.   

LeGarrett Blount comes to mind.  Also right up there is Gus Edwards and Josh Adams last year.   CJ Anderson...  Even Damien Williams wasn't on my radar before it was too late.  Not making that mistake again!

I'm shocked that I actually got Scarborough in most of my dynasty leagues without a huge FAAB claim.  In one of my two copy leagues I got him for 8% and the first copy went for 80%.  
I had a middle pick per current record and was also surprised to get him. WRs and TEs slip through all the time but not usually a RB.  Hope it's not just more fools gold mining from the lions compound.

It’s funny but two posts here said Detroit would be a good spot for him before the draft.

I dunno, but Vs Was is a really good spot. See after that.

Over AJ Brown, Montgomery, newly acquired Jonathon Williams and Jordan Wilkins. Debating vs Cobb right now. His wave has probably crested.

Does Bo stand a chance to get even 1 reception?  My guess is they aren't even trying to incorporate receiving into Bo's playbook.  Driskel is a great rusher so it really isn't necessary.  I hate receptionless running backs.  But it does seem like he'll have a high floor this week since he will get the lion's share of carries and gamescript should keep the Lions in run mode.

I really want to play him, but I would have to bench A. Cooper, Chark, or Godwin. Cooper at New England scares me, but I don't think I can do it. Standard scoring, for those that care.

Just traded Scarborough for Josh Oliver and an early 2020 3rd rd rookie pick (ppr).  Both teams are contenders, but the 3rd wasn't originally his.

Does Bo stand a chance to get even 1 reception?  My guess is they aren't even trying to incorporate receiving into Bo's playbook.  Driskel is a great rusher so it really isn't necessary.  I hate receptionless running backs.  But it does seem like he'll have a high floor this week since he will get the lion's share of carries and gamescript should keep the Lions in run mode.
Tough to say based on last week. Didn't he go straight from practice squad to rostered to starting?

Tough to say based on last week. Didn't he go straight from practice squad to rostered to starting?
Yep, it's been a whirlwind romance.  He was brought in to be an early down pounder.  To incorporate a running back into the passing game takes time and chemistry.  Maybe they'll do a scripted pass play early in the game just to keep defenses honest.  1 Reception is probably his ceiling.

Bo seems to be the Blount type in that a lot of his fortunes tie into his offense getting into the redzone.

J.D. McKissic seems to be more of the ppr type.

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Are we going to Scarborough Fair? I hope Chris Berman has a field day when he rumbles and stumbles in for a score.

Debating between him and Crowder at Flex this weekend.  

Crowder has been hot and I think the jury is still out on Bo  - - so leaning Crowder at the moment but going back and forth in my head and need the W to keep pace for playoff push.                                   

I'm starting him about of desperation / lack of faith (rightfully it turns out) in Hilton's return. I know it's fun to outsmart the room, but I'm not expecting much. 60/1 is would be fantastic.

I'm starting him about of desperation / lack of faith (rightfully it turns out) in Hilton's return. I know it's fun to outsmart the room, but I'm not expecting much. 60/1 is would be fantastic.
I really think that if they get inside the 5 he will get his chances at that td.  Yardage I don't know for sure.

Daron Payne is doubtful.

Going to help the Detroit's run game.

Fire up your Bo!

It's totally insane, but I'm considering benching Barkley for Bo.  In part because the Giants offense and scheming is awful, in part because Saquon hasn't had a good game in ages, in part because the Bears defense could make it a real slog.  And in part because Bo could be primed for a big week.  But that's the kind of insane move you're not supposed to make in fantasy.  But man, my gut tells me it's the right move...

It's totally insane, but I'm considering benching Barkley for Bo.  In part because the Giants offense and scheming is awful, in part because Saquon hasn't had a good game in ages, in part because the Bears defense could make it a real slog.  And in part because Bo could be primed for a big week.  But that's the kind of insane move you're not supposed to make in fantasy.  But man, my gut tells me it's the right move...
Huge set on this guy

:hawkscreech:

When it comes to FF, when Otis's guy is talking, do the opposite.  :hawkscreach:

Users who are viewing this thread