What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Jace Amaro, Titans (1 Viewer)

I read the entire quote from Bowles. It's not especially damning of Amaro. It's more that every guy is fighting for a spot, he didn't see much of Amaro last year because of the injury, and expects him to compete like everyone else. I get that Amaro is a hold over from a previous regime and Bowles has no loyalty to him really. That said, they don't have any better options at the TE position. He might not even be a good fit in this offense given the way it is built.
I read the article too.  People need to be aware that for some reason the Rotoworld blurb writers have too much unnecessary dislike for Amaro.  The underlying article was, overall, a positive and hopeful piece about Amaro, yet the Roto blurb writer ignored every bit of that and instead came away with "Coach Todd Bowles confirmed third-year TE Jace Amaro is on the roster bubble" which was a very misleading take on the article.  Using terms like 'confirmed' and 'roster bubble' clearly show this, which were nowhere in the actual article.  I've seen Roto do this before when they get a bug up their butts about disliking a guy, and Amaro has been one of their whipping boys for awhile now.  Don't be quick to buy into their negativity.  Let's see what he can do in his 2nd season first.  He was hurt in what should have been his 2nd season, and TEs are notorious for having underwhelming rookie years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the article too.  People need to be aware that for some reason the Rotoworld blurb writers have too much unnecessary dislike for Amaro.  The underlying article was, overall, a positive and hopeful piece about Amaro, yet the Roto blurb writer ignored every bit of that and instead came away with "Coach Todd Bowles confirmed third-year TE Jace Amaro is on the roster bubble" which was a very misleading take on the article.  Using terms like 'confirmed' and 'roster bubble' clearly show this, which were nowhere in the actual article.  I've seen Roto do this before when they get a bug up their butts about disliking a guy, and Amaro has been one of their whipping boys for awhile now.  Don't be quick to buy into their negativity.  Let's see what he can do in his 2nd season first.  He was hurt in what should have been his 2nd season, and TEs are notorious for having underwhelming rookie years.
Rotoworld is great.... until it isn't.  Which happens a lot, actually. 

What was this guy's probkem in NY? And who is their starting TE?

This probably ups his value in dynasty depending on where he lands. 

What was this guy's probkem in NY? And who is their starting TE?

This probably ups his value in dynasty depending on where he lands. 
Well, we know rookie TEs get off to notoriously slow starts. He actually put up a decent rookie year for the position 38/345/2. But he has always had some rough mitts and a case of the dropsies. He has exactly the build you want in a move TE though.

His biggest issue was coming in at an inconvenient time in the middle of a huge front office/coaching turnover. The previous staff was even catering specifically to Amaro going into last year, bringing in a far simpler spread system with Chan Gailey, which is what Amaro played in at T-Tech.

Then unfortunately he got hurt all season, coaching staff got impatient, and in his abscence gave up on using the TE as a receiver as there obviously aren't any other good ones on the roster.

Jets find some efficiency without the use of a move TE (think the way AZ uses their TEs), and we come into this preseason continuing that, asking Amaro to block like the other guys (Amaro does not have a clue how to do this), continues bad blocking, along with some dropsies, and a fumble in his last game, and here we are...

He can totally catch on with a club looking for a receiver at the position.

Sudfeld was cut too.  So Davis by default I guess.

If you took NYJ TeamTE in your latest fantasy draft....ouch.
I would bet they were dead last in the league for things like that. Nobody spent money on the Jets TEs, unless you got really bad info or were in a 32-teamer or so.  

Small hands finally caught up to him.

NYJ targeted their TEs a whopping 24 times last year. Marshall and Decker saw something like 40% of Fitz's pass attempts last year. NYJ doesn't care about pass catching TEs right now.

Picked up by the Titans. He may not amount to anything in FF, but I'd guess that having a head coach who is a former TE is probably the best thing that could have happen happened to his NFL career. I'd say he's about worth the last roster spot in 12 team/24 man rosters, barely.

Didn't expect it to take long and it didn't. I like this spot. Walker and Fasano are both 32. That gives Amaro a season (or 2 if he makes it) to really develop under the new system and coaching. Could be a very solid target for Mariotta in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread