What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Some IDP guys (1 Viewer)

ConstruxBoy

Kate's Daddy
Just looking for some opinions on the Dynasty values of 5 guys in a Zealots league:1) Lavar Arrington - Classic underperformer. Will he be there next year? Can a new team utilize him more?2) DJ Williams - A great LB in a bad fantasy situation. I assume he's worth keeping, but is there hope for next year? What is Gold's status for next year?3) Kenechi Udeze - Is he losing his spot by the good play of Scott? Will his injury continue to hamper him next year?4) Bradie James - Has he lost his chance to be as good as his talent suggests? Is Parcells going to give up on him? What is the Cowboy's LB situation for next year?5) Bryan Scott - What has happened to him this year? Is Heard a better player and likely to keep the job next year?Thanks!

Just looking for some opinions on the Dynasty values of 5 guys in a Zealots league:

1) Lavar Arrington - Classic underperformer. Will he be there next year? Can a new team utilize him more?

2) DJ Williams - A great LB in a bad fantasy situation. I assume he's worth keeping, but is there hope for next year? What is Gold's status for next year?

3) Kenechi Udeze - Is he losing his spot by the good play of Scott? Will his injury continue to hamper him next year?

4) Bradie James - Has he lost his chance to be as good as his talent suggests? Is Parcells going to give up on him? What is the Cowboy's LB situation for next year?

5) Bryan Scott - What has happened to him this year? Is Heard a better player and likely to keep the job next year?

Thanks!
Lavar ArringtonDisappointing that he hasn't performed better since getting the starting WLB gig back. Has shown glimpses of stud play but still disappears for long stretches in the boxscore. The interior of the Redskin DL has been a mess of injury, but you'd still have expected Arrington to make some big plays. He's not had a sack all year. He's still cheap for the Skins in 2006, but his contract spikes in 2007. It's probably less likely that he goes elsewhere since he bought into the Greg Robinson's program during the second half of the year. If he stays in this system he could produce LB2 type numbers consistently, but he'll have to show flashes of that big play ability to be a true stud.

DJ Williams

Ian Gold is signed cheaply through 2006, though Al Wilson's contract takes a decent sized bump next year. The Broncos LBs have done exactly what's asked of them this year, although Al Wilson has been much less productive statistically then in 2004. So it's likely that DJ remains stuck in fantasy purgatory next season. Sucks, because his last 6 games of 2004 at the WLB spot were amazing. You may have to hold him an extra year and risk that he becomes entrenched as a SLB long term.

Kenechi Udeze

Can't remember what surgical procedure he had, but most players with an injury to the chondral knee cartilage have been having microfracture surgery. Ordinarily, that injury to a player (lineman) who relies on speed and leverage to succeed would make me nervous. But more and more lineman are successfully recovering from that procedure - Willie Anderson a prime example for 2005. Udeze showed very little the few weeks he'd been completely healthy and James and Scott have been productive. I wouldn't count on him unless and until he proves something.

Bradie James

This kid really could have been a top 5 fantasy LB and it's maddening that he's not. To watch him play, you see flashes of blinding speed and sure tackling and think the guy could make a play every snap. Then he just disappears for series after series. 2 solos against the Broncos, 3 solos against LJ and the Chiefs. I waited on this dude for two years, then finally got fed up and dumped him. Cringed midseason when he got a shot a the full time RILB gig but really haven't been burned. Next season will be his 4th year. I suppose the light could go on, but...you can't hardly count on it.

Bryan Scott

Ronnie Heard ain't no great shakes, but either he or Keion Carpenter has played in Atlanta's SS slot of 2004, where Scott was most productive from a fantasy perspective. Scott played a lot of CB at Penn State, so he may have been a better defensive fit at FS, but his fantasy numbers will stay mediocre as long as he stays there.

Hope that helps.

I drafted Udeze when he came out, but he's been a disappointment. Even starting a minimum of 3 DL per team in a 12 team dynasty with 45 man rosters, there was no good reason for me to keep him:-He did nothing while healthy-James was drafted this year and is playing well-He's now got an injury which could lingerI'd keep Udeze in the back of your mind, but off your roster.Williams & Arrington have proven they can play in this league and well, so I'd defintely hang on to them. Williams may require more than 1 year to pay off, but it's worth it. Arrington could be nice surprise next year if he starts making big plays again with Washington or someone else.James & Scott seem to me like the kind of guys who are going to be bye week filler off waivers in theri current situations. Scott, as mentioned above, has potential if he gets to SS.

I hate those kinds of players - you can't really justify dropping them since they're talented and could break out, but they're doing you no good for now. I will say that when I've cut similar players, I've felt good about it - I don't think I've been burned by one breaking out yet, and at this point even if it happens, I'll be fine with it given all the roster space I've saved over time.

Any thoughts on T.Davis from Carolina. I really like this kid. I have to cut my roster down to 20 in the offseason and he is on the border, only because I think the kid is great. Will he ever pan out in the NFL? What are his expectations next year and at what position?

Davis, to me, is a different kind of question. With the uncertainty about his position, he's worth holding in my big league. However, you ahve only 20 man rosters, so I'm not sure for you. It would depend on starting requirements and how many guys you keep at other spots.

Any thoughts on T.Davis from Carolina. I really like this kid. I have to cut my roster down to 20 in the offseason and he is on the border, only because I think the kid is great. Will he ever pan out in the NFL? What are his expectations next year and at what position?
Bumping the most recent thread from last week where the usual suspects chimed in on Davis.

Any thoughts on any of:Colby Bockwoldt LB NOBen Taylor LB CLEChris Crocker S CLELeigh Bodden S CLENick Collins S GBDre Bly CB DETNick Harper CB INDThe 2 LB's are currently on my roster and are the guys I know the least about on my defensive team. I've seen both of them some, and I wanted to check out their games the last 2 weeks but family things have gotten in the way.Bly is a cover corner, but he just had a massive aberration game with 11 tackles. I'm not sure if the coaching change in DET has done something, like change the scheme to cover-2.Harper is currently trying to hold off Jackson for one CB job in Indy, correct? I'd be betting on Jackson for next year, from what I saw early on, but I don't know how they've looked lately.Collins is a guy I think that should be on a roster - probably mine.I don't see much of Cleveland - so if anyone has any thoughts on their safeties (or Taylor) fire away.And yes, this is sort of a who's who off waivers. I'm quite content with my top 4 DL, 5 LB, and 5 DB - starting 11 in dynasty though makes it important to look deep.

I pay some attention to Bockwoldt. He is okay but certainly not great. He probably performed the best this year out of a terrible group of Saints LBs ... I would imagine that he keeps a starting job at WLB with some risk of moving over to SLB ...Man those Saints LBs are bad ...

Any thoughts on any of:

Colby Bockwoldt LB NO

Ben Taylor LB CLE

Chris Crocker S CLE

Leigh Bodden S CLE

Nick Collins S GB

Dre Bly CB DET

Nick Harper CB IND

The 2 LB's are currently on my roster and are the guys I know the least about on my defensive team. I've seen both of them some, and I wanted to check out their games the last 2 weeks but family things have gotten in the way.

Bly is a cover corner, but he just had a massive aberration game with 11 tackles. I'm not sure if the coaching change in DET has done something, like change the scheme to cover-2.

Harper is currently trying to hold off Jackson for one CB job in Indy, correct? I'd be betting on Jackson for next year, from what I saw early on, but I don't know how they've looked lately.

Collins is a guy I think that should be on a roster - probably mine.

I don't see much of Cleveland - so if anyone has any thoughts on their safeties (or Taylor) fire away.

And yes, this is sort of a who's who off waivers. I'm quite content with my top 4 DL, 5 LB, and 5 DB - starting 11 in dynasty though makes it important to look deep.
I think what-you've-seen-is-what-you'll-get is a reasonable assessment for all of those players except Nick Collins. If you've got the room, he ought to be on your roster. He should grow into that position nicely and make a solid DB3 with the potential to be much more.Ben Taylor probably has some potential, but only if he ends up in a more advantageous position. Andra Davis was just signed to a long term deal, so that probably won't be in Cleveland. His deal ends this season, and I believe he'll be a RFA this offseason. I have no idea if he'll move on or not.

Any thoughts on any of:

Colby Bockwoldt LB NO

Ben Taylor LB CLE

Chris Crocker S CLE

Leigh Bodden S CLE

Nick Collins S GB

Dre Bly CB DET

Nick Harper CB IND

The 2 LB's are currently on my roster and are the guys I know the least about on my defensive team. I've seen both of them some, and I wanted to check out their games the last 2 weeks but family things have gotten in the way.

Bly is a cover corner, but he just had a massive aberration game with 11 tackles. I'm not sure if the coaching change in DET has done something, like change the scheme to cover-2.

Harper is currently trying to hold off Jackson for one CB job in Indy, correct? I'd be betting on Jackson for next year, from what I saw early on, but I don't know how they've looked lately.

I don't see much of Cleveland - so if anyone has any thoughts on their safeties (or Taylor) fire away.

And yes, this is sort of a who's who off waivers. I'm quite content with my top 4 DL, 5 LB, and 5 DB - starting 11 in dynasty though makes it important to look deep.
I think what-you've-seen-is-what-you'll-get is a reasonable assessment for all of those players except Nick Collins. If you've got the room, he ought to be on your roster. He should grow into that position nicely and make a solid DB3 with the potential to be much more.Ben Taylor probably has some potential, but only if he ends up in a more advantageous position. Andra Davis was just signed to a long term deal, so that probably won't be in Cleveland. His deal ends this season, and I believe he'll be a RFA this offseason. I have no idea if he'll move on or not.
Is Chaun Thompson > Ben Taylor for dynasty purposes?

Any thoughts on any of:

Colby Bockwoldt  LB NO

Ben Taylor LB CLE

Chris Crocker S CLE

Leigh Bodden S CLE

Nick Collins S GB

Dre Bly CB DET

Nick Harper CB IND

Uh. Maybe.Honestly, I don't know. Neither are in a great situation for fantasy purposes as it stands now. I think I'd rather have the 3-4 ILB (Taylor) generally speaking, unless the OLB mixes in a decent number of big play stats with some good tackle numbers.

So, right now, I'd say no. If one or both moves into a better situation they may be worthy of a roster spot. For now, Taylor is a marginal starter in a standard league, Thompson bye week material at best.

Uh. Maybe.Honestly, I don't know. Neither are in a great situation for fantasy purposes as it stands now. I think I'd rather have the 3-4 ILB (Taylor) generally speaking, unless the OLB mixes in a decent number of big play stats with some good tackle numbers.

So, right now, I'd say no. If one or both moves into a better situation they may be worthy of a roster spot. For now, Taylor is a marginal starter in a standard league, Thompson bye week material at best.
I agree that Taylor > Thompson, and I've been using Taylor as LB 5 along with Hill from Seattle as injury/bye week fill-in types. I think Taylor can probably reproduce what he's done in 2006, but I don't see big numbers coming with Davis in the picture. I want to look closely at the Browns this weekend, but probably won't be able to.

Hey guys, thanks alot! Sorry for the late response. I was banned for 3 days for FFA indiscretions. :bag:Appreciate all the knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread