What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty start-up mock draft (1 Viewer)

That makes good sense for submitting a lineup and finalizing starters, but not for waiver moves?

You (Instinctive) said 'Its important that we have FCFS from Thursday night until a players game starts' - which I think Jeter23 and I both took to mean you want add/drops to be allowed involving any player whose game for the week hasn't started yet. We disagree.

If you have one guy playing Monday night and I don't have any (mine have all played Sunday) and lets say CJ3 gets crushed and his season ends in the overtime of a late Sunday game and all of a sudden Javon Ringer becomes the most sought after FA on the planet, its not fair that because you have a player yet to play you are somehow able to pick up Ringer and with no players yet to play I am not? I think (hope) you siad waivers but were talking about being able to put guys into your lineup until their game that week starts - and there I agree that we should be able to start anyone whose game hasn't started yet. Waiver transactions, though, should all be turned in for the week by maybe Wednesday midnight or Thursday Noon (early enough that we know who got players to use them for Thursday night games), FCFS waiver picks allowed freely from then until the first game of the week starts and then closed until the next Wednesday night or Thursday Noon deadline?

I think we are probably all on the same page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, we are not moving to IDP. I prefer it, but we all agreed on non-IDP and it will be staying that way. We also will be keeping 22 man rosters. So we just need to get the waivers figured out, and we should be ready to roll. Unless there is something else i am missing?

Yes, of course lineups lock. I mean that any player who's game has to yet started can be PICKED UP. So if I don't want to pick up a new kicker, but mine is on bye, I can wait until just before the Monday Night game to pick up my kicker, because anybody in the Monday night game can be picked up.

You wouldn't be able tp pick up Javon Ringer because as soon as the Titans game began, he was locked into waivers...he was only available through a claim to be processed the following Thursday.

Catbird said:
Start of the first game each week. Nothing else treats everyone fairly.
If every player is unable to be picked up as soon as his game starts...everyone has the same shot at every player available.

Start of the first game each week. Simple and solves all the problems.
I think this is the only way to go, does anyone have a problem with this?
It works until the Thursday games start. There is a way to set up MFL so Thursday players are locked and we can still make waiver moves until the 1:00 games start.
This is what I've been trying to say the whole time. Thank you. Except also apply it to Monday Night.

My problems with this remain: Your QB gets hurt Sunday morning and you need a replacement. Mine gets hurt Sunday afternoon so that I need one too. Unfortunately for me you get to pick up the one good WW QB out there because his game is Sunday afternoon - so because your injury happened earlier in the weekend than mine, before the FA wonder's game had started, you get him and I don't. How fair is that?

I just think it more fair for waiver moves to stop when the first game of the week starts - leaving everyone on an identical footing. If you want to say Thursday night guys are out when their game starts and everyone else is Sunday at 1, I can live with that, but I really dislike Sunday afternoon guys being available until then, Sunday evening guys until their game, Monday-nighters until their game, etc. I think not drafting during the games serves a good fairness purpose on several levels, including who has the time to sit and watch pre-game injury releases Sunday morning and who can't.

... but I will live with whatever is favored by the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problems with this remain: Your QB gets hurt Sunday morning and you need a replacement. Mine gets hurt Sunday afternoon so that I need one too. Unfortunately for me you get to pick up the one good WW QB out there because his game is Sunday afternoon - so because your injury happened earlier in the weekend than mine, before the FA onder's game had started, you get him and I don't. How fair is that? I just think it more fair for waiver moves to stop when thhfirst game of thhweek starts - leaving everyone on an identical footing. If you want to say Thursday night guys are out when their game starts and everyone else is Sunday at 1, I can live with that, but I really dislike Sunday afternoon guys being available until then, Sunday evening guys until their game, Monday-nighters until their game, ect. I think not drafting during the games serves a good fairness purpose on several levels. ... but I will live with whatever is favored by the group.
What if my QB gets hurt on the first snap? Isn't that luck too? You could have picked up that QB as well...it's not like we're letting people change their starting lineups.What if my guy gets hurt Thursday morning, but yours gets hurt on Friday afternoon? All the players got locked at the first game (8 eastern on Thursday night) so you can't pick up a guy but I can. Isn't that just as unfair?Who only has 1 QB in a dynasty league anyway? Kind of a moot point IMO

Catbird said:
My problems with this remain: Your QB gets hurt Sunday morning and you need a replacement. Mine gets hurt Sunday afternoon so that I need one too. Unfortunately for me you get to pick up the one good WW QB out there because his game is Sunday afternoon - so because your injury happened earlier in the weekend than mine, before the FA wonder's game had started, you get him and I don't. How fair is that? I just think it more fair for waiver moves to stop when the first game of the week starts - leaving everyone on an identical footing. If you want to say Thursday night guys are out when their game starts and everyone else is Sunday at 1, I can live with that, but I really dislike Sunday afternoon guys being available until then, Sunday evening guys until their game, Monday-nighters until their game, etc. I think not drafting during the games serves a good fairness purpose on several levels, including who has the time to sit and watch pre-game injury releases Sunday morning and who can't. ... but I will live with whatever is favored by the group.
I have been really confused by your argument the entire time, but I think I agree with what you are saying now. FCFS until 1 pm every week. Once Thursday games start, we still have FCFS (w/ Thursday game players off limits.)

What if my QB gets hurt on the first snap? Isn't that luck too? You could have picked up that QB as well...it's not like we're letting people change their starting lineups.

What if my guy gets hurt Thursday morning, but yours gets hurt on Friday afternoon? All the players got locked at the first game (8 eastern on Thursday night) so you can't pick up a guy but I can. Isn't that just as unfair?

Who only has 1 QB in a dynasty league anyway? Kind of a moot point IMO

If your QB or mine gets hurt on the first snap, yes, that's just luck. If yours gets hurt Thursday and is immediately replaceable and mine gets hurt Friday and is not, that's luck as well. But waiver picks can matter a lot. Would having the first chance to pick up Jennings if MJD got hurt be significant?

I don't mind luck being a huge factor - it just is. What I don't like is one team having an unfair advantage over another at picking up a season changing FA based on the timing of injuries or when games are played during the weekend - when we can easily avoid that with a fairer system. That the simpler rule is also fairer to people that maybe can't watch all the games or be constantly on line following every move makes me like it even better. I don't see a downside to the fairer rule? As you note, we will already have a second QB and other backups at every position to cover any post-deadline team injuries, no?

Thanks Jeter, for taking the time to unravel my unclear earlier mis-explanation. :shrug: I too am good with extending the FCFS deadline until Sundays at 1 with players on Thursday night teams being excluded until the next week.

I too am good with extending the FCFS deadline until Sundays at 1 with players on Thursday night teams being excluded until the next week.
That's what I've been trying to say all along haha. Guess I just need to learn how to articulate in typing rather than with concrete examples like I can with people on a day-to-day basis.

I too am good with extending the FCFS deadline until Sundays at 1 with players on Thursday night teams being excluded until the next week.
That's what I've been trying to say all along haha. Guess I just need to learn how to articulate in typing rather than with concrete examples like I can with people on a day-to-day basis.
This sounds like the best idea to me, any objections?

Users who are viewing this thread