What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: WR Taywan Taylor, Titans (2 Viewers)

From Travis May, staff writer of DLF and who has been attending the Titans training camp practices:

Travis May‏ @FF_TravisM 7m7 minutes ago

Taywan has killed it all summer. Been locked in as the WR across from Corey Davis for weeks. He’s ready to take the next step and break out this year. #Titans #TitanUp #TENvsTB

NFL‏Verified account @NFL 42m42 minutes ago

Taywan Taylor (@SilentGrind2) to the HOUSE! TOUCHDOWN, @Titans. #TBvsTEN

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1030977291348717569

Last edited by a moderator:
From Travis May, staff writer of DLF and who has been attending the Titans training camp practices:

Travis May‏ @FF_TravisM 7m7 minutes ago

Taywan has killed it all summer. Been locked in as the WR across from Corey Davis for weeks. He’s ready to take the next step and break out this year. #Titans #TitanUp #TENvsTB

I love this guy, but touchdown sucks, his price is now going up. I was getting him late in best ball drafts(like round 20ish), and buying him cheap in dynasty. 

I will say that safety took the worst angle at Taylor humanly possible and it was blocked perfectly. 

And his price just went up again. 
https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/taywan-taylor-catches-two-touchdowns-against-tampa-bay/535180?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

8/18:Tennessee Titans wide receiver Taywan Taylor has had rave reviews from training camp this season, and he was able to transition that to the game on Saturday. Taylor grabbed four passes for 95 yards and two touchdowns, one of which was a 47-yard screen pass. Taylor showed his blazing speed on the play as he ran straight through the secondary untouched. The Titans left Taylor in a bit longer than most of the starters, likely in order to get a better look at the young receiver going into the season. He will definitely be an important part of the Titans offense this season, but his volume may be a little low to be counted on in redraft leagues.--Sam D - RotoBaller

Not sure why people are avoiding the conclusion that he might be the #1 WR for the Titans this year, but IMO we've been trending that way for a while now.  Taylor might be a league winner.

Rotoworld take:

Taywan Taylor caught 4-of-4 targets for 95 yards and two touchdowns in the Titans' second preseason game Saturday night.

Taylor's highlight-reel play was a 47-yard touchdown on a screen pass where he outraced everyone on the field to the house. His second TD came deep in the red zone from three yards out. Taylor has played more first-team reps than any Titans receiver so far in training camp and is a recommended late-round flyer.

Aug 18 - 11:14 PM

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Not sure why people are avoiding the conclusion that he might be the #1 WR for the Titans this year, but IMO we've been trending that way for a while now.  Taylor might be a league winner.
As I stated I really like him, but I don't see him as a league winner. I think in the best case scenario he will put up solid wr2 numbers this year, thinking wr 15 to 20. Still a huge bargain compared to where he is going.

I'm as optimistic about the titans season as anyone, but talk in here is similar to the Chicago bears talk. everyone's going to be amazing in fantasy: 2 starting fantasy wrs, a top te, top ppr rb. 

I just dont see it happening. I dont see Taylor being consistent enough to depend on him for fantasy

As I stated I really like him, but I don't see him as a league winner. I think in the best case scenario he will put up solid wr2 numbers this year, thinking wr 15 to 20. Still a huge bargain compared to where he is going.
Yeah... I didn't mean "league winner" to mean 20 points per.  Just that he's basically been free and might be a strong WR2.  I've followed the Titans TC pretty closely and Taylor has had a lot more moments than Davis.

I believe that is his 2018 ceiling, too, but more likely he will be a good weekly flex start (depending what your other options are).

I cannot get a gauge on this guy. Camp hype has been positive and he just made some nice plays in preseason. I have him and Davis on my Dyno and facing some tough cuts at the end of roster. Hate to cut Taylor and see him out perform Davis. He seems to be flying past Corey at this point.

The best thing was to hear Vrabel say they need to get him the ball more. He's already gotten it more than anyone on the Titans and has more first team reps than any WR

I cannot get a gauge on this guy. Camp hype has been positive and he just made some nice plays in preseason. I have him and Davis on my Dyno and facing some tough cuts at the end of roster. Hate to cut Taylor and see him out perform Davis. He seems to be flying past Corey at this point.
you don't have other options? I wouldn't cut either

you don't have other options? I wouldn't cut either
Not going to hijack the thread but fairly short rosters and I am stacked. To keep Taylor I will need to cut Anthony Miller and Sammy Watkins. Could probably trade Davis for a great haul which I may explore.

Where is he being drafted in redraft? I’d assume he’s trending up. Think he’s a better WR5 than Cam Meredith, Tyrell Williams, John Brown types?

DBDynasty said:
Where is he being drafted in redraft? I’d assume he’s trending up. Think he’s a better WR5 than Cam Meredith, Tyrell Williams, John Brown types?
I'm personally taking a shot on him over those guys in the the later rounds. Taylor and Davis joined the team together last year and although TEN had already spent 1st on Davis, Taylor was so good in their eyes that they felt compelled to spend a 3rd on him. I figure Taylor has just as good of a chance to take a step forward as Davis this year yet there's a large disparity in their price. Matthews and now Walker is injured and behind them there's no clearly established pass catcher whose caught a ton of passes from Mariota. I think there's a lot of upside given Taylor's skill set and the situation.

I'm not sold on Meredith, he could end up the 4th option in a passing attack that likely won't be as potent as it was prior to 2017, I'm more interested in Tre'Quan Smith although he probably doesn't make a large impact this year. I think it's possible Tyrell and Mike end up 3A and 3B behind Allen and Gordon, I'm just not exited about Tyrell for as long as Allen is healthy. Brown intrigues me because there's potential for him to command a large enough target share that he returns good value on his ADP but we all know about his health issues, I don't think he'll play a full 16. 

DBDynasty said:
Just finished 1 (Sunday morning, not sure if people just didn't react to his Saturday or what) redraft league, he went undrafted for a 10 team 16 rounder.  

I hope he complements Davis and that Davis is who I want him to be.  Having two stud WRs is a good thing, though.  Waldman talks about it all the time.

DBDynasty said:
16-team in person auction yesterday in a best ball league with 16 roster spots.  66 WR's went for more than a dollar, and I grabbed him as the 12th of 21 one-dollar receivers (player 232 put up for bid).  So basically the 19th round if it was a 12 team league.  But after his preseason so far I had him in a group of WR49 to 54, so I was quite pleased to get him as my WR6.  I did hear one owner groan in frustration when I announced his name.

The Titans GM said he was bored so he traded up for Taylor. He even said he had other players in mind and Taylor wasn't the goal bit they had an agreement with Taylor's college QB (no longer on the team) so since Taylor was NEAR the top of his list of BPA he took him.

Honest yet odd way to land a player

DBDynasty said:
Yeah I'm nervous of waiting too long. I really think LeBron plus the 2TD game increases his ADP. 

Please skip if you dont want to see a post about one of my teams.

Thinking of making a deal for him.  An owner asked about (wants?) all my other cheap WRs.  Cameron Meredith, Trent Taylor, Geronimo Allison.  We have giant/deep rosters built on auction pricing contracts for a head-to-head 20 team league. :shrug:

DBDynasty said:
Round 15 and 17 in BB. Round 18 in classic. 

In light of the Rishard Matthews news https://titansized.com/2018/08/21/tennessee-titans-extend-wr-rishard-matthews/

I wonder if the Matthews injury is more of a problem than we thought?

If it's true that Taylor is now locked in as the #2 WR, I wonder if we should switch him and Matthews in redraft rankings?  That would put him around WR50, near players such as Devante Parker, DJ Moore and Kelvin Benjamin.  I like his value there.

I actually think he's the best fit after Walker with Mariota's skill set - quick release throws, slants and quick outs, go back to the Mariota we saw in Year 1. And he's not a rookie, so I like his chances to have a bigger year than folks assume.

In light of the Rishard Matthews news https://titansized.com/2018/08/21/tennessee-titans-extend-wr-rishard-matthews/

I wonder if the Matthews injury is more of a problem than we thought?

If it's true that Taylor is now locked in as the #2 WR, I wonder if we should switch him and Matthews in redraft rankings?  That would put him around WR50, near players such as Devante Parker, DJ Moore and Kelvin Benjamin.  I like his value there.

I actually think he's the best fit after Walker with Mariota's skill set - quick release throws, slants and quick outs, go back to the Mariota we saw in Year 1. And he's not a rookie, so I like his chances to have a bigger year than folks assume.
I'm not sure how I follow that the Titans extending Matthews might indicate that his injury is more of a problem than we thought?

There is a very plausible theory to why Matthews would agree to a deal like this in a reply to an Evan Silva tweet :

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1031945129286922241?s=19

The commenter said the following :

It reminds me of a baseball team signing someone like Nathan Eovaldi or Drew Smiley after Tommy John surgery, with value in mind if that player regains their former ability.

I’d speculate further, but obviously we don’t know much about the injury at this point. But that said, why would Matthews sign a deal like that? How would it benefit him? When you look at the range of answers to that question, most are not promising at this time for the player

Thanks Evan. It’s the last thing you hope for the player. We all hope it’s not serious. But did the Titans come to him and say....Rather than do an injury settlement and cut ties with u, if you’ll agree to this team option, no $ guaranteed deal, we’ll keep you. 

Total speculative theory obviously, but that could explain why Matthews would sign this contract with a team option and no gtd money instead of taking his chances in FA next year 

Bayhawks said:
I'm not sure how I follow that the Titans extending Matthews might indicate that his injury is more of a problem than we thought?

? This isn't a good deal for Matthews, so what is going on? We need to look beyond the "extension" and ask why Rishard would sign a contract like this?  What is the problem that might lead him down this path, or why the Titans would make him such an offer rather than just cut him?

Anyway, we don't know what's going on with Matthews atm, I wish him all the best, but the question for this thread is - how does this change Taylor's ADP and value?

Richards deal is a 50% raise and the coach said he hopes he's back soon AND that he might go on pup in season.

In taking Taywan in the 13th. I can't wait anymore and the wrs left are not good
So glad I only have one draft left this year. Watching someone grab him in the 12th or 13th compared to me drafting in round 20 or later would hurt my heart. 

Vrabel's lack of injury news is just awful. The way they never unveiled the new offense for the entire preseason and that seems like a big mistake to me.

The Titans should have two base sets. The Rams used a lot of 3 WR sets and the Titans former playbook indicated a common proset suits their personnel too.

Taylor's speed will probably make him that deep threat that team's use when they're running a lot. I never consider this to be a role I care about in FF and that way I'm happy twice a year when they catch a bomb. So disregard this. Davis and Matthews are better blockers than Taylor. They probably are in the proset most often.

Reality probably is that Rishard is the team's best WR until Davis or Taylor prove otherwise. He is largely expected to play in the slot this year and flip-flop with Davis. Despite Taylor about being a slot prototype with his lateral agility, they love him outside. It probably won't be this predictable but it looks like Taylor only outside.

In the Rams O, the slot was really the #1 WR. He got so many quick snap N throws that it really seemed to be the spot ya wanted for FF. The Titans don't have a young poorly thought out QB where firing fast cures him. They have a cerebral guy with exceptional speed for a QB. His problem is thinking too much so there will be quick throws, but all in all LaFleur and Vrabel did talk a few times how the O will be different and explained the difference between Goff and Mariota.

I felt like Taylor's spot was the 1, all preseason. Even when I tried to watch Marcus' head and where he looked, it seemed he looked Taylor's way first. During week four, I watched the scrubs and they did the same thing when the camera gave me the view. 

After Taylor's 2 TD game, Vrabel said "we've got to get him the ball more." Later, he said the same thing and explained "you see why."

Rishard has Marcus' trust. I think Taylor does and oddly enough I think Tajae does. Several reporters have written that Davis dropped too many this summer and isn't there yet. 

Essentially I've got nothing. I hoped to know more by week one. Vrabel is just ridiculous with his lack of discussion

Vrabel isn't naming him the starter but said remember we expect Rishard to fill-in where we need him. Rishard's had a real good week of practice and is ready. We haven't determined that. As you saw in preseason, we have to get Taywan the ball more.

Who will be slot WR this year?

All four, no one set in stone there (confirmation of a four man WR corps really. Sharpe, Taylor, Davis, and Rishard)

Adoree play WR this week? Asked Pees and got little in reply?

And you thought I'd give you more than Dean? That's a gameplan question, when someone plays out of position. I won't be answering Qs like that this year.

Batson inactive?

We don't decide inactives on Friday. It will come down to (he) or Jennings for the gunner spot.

No idea why they completely ignore this guy. What a waste. 
Nine snaps was ridiculous. One of many "what are you doing" Vrabel moments. 

He dropped one that was pass interference but still should have had it. 

Vrabel has said a few times they gotta get him the ball more this season and yet yesterday that was not the case

by RotoWire Staff
(6 hrs ago) Coach Mike Vrabel said that he wants to get Taywan Taylor more snaps going forward, John Glennon of The Athletic and Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official site report.

Vrabel specifically mentioned Taylor's speed as a threat to opposing defenses and the need to get him more involved in the offense as a result. Taylor played just nine snaps in Week 1 against Miami, and failed to connect with Marcus Mariota on an endzone target. However, with Delanie Walker (ankle) likely out for the season, another pass-catcher will need to step up in the Titans offense, and Taylor could emerge with a larger role.

———

Kid can’t show what he can do without opportunity. Hopefully Vrabel is realizing that. Titans looked like trash as a whole tho so we will see what happens week 2. 

Users who are viewing this thread