What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: WR Taywan Taylor, Titans (3 Viewers)

He's going to be a tough one for final roster cuts in dynasty (for those who haven't already dropped). I've held on, feels like he's too good to drop, but he seems buried. Some encouraging reports in this thread though. 

He's going to be a tough one for final roster cuts in dynasty (for those who haven't already dropped). I've held on, feels like he's too good to drop, but he seems buried. Some encouraging reports in this thread though. 
Yah, i cant see holding him any longer.  Two years roster spot wasted and now he'll finally show up.

Buried wr on a roster with Mariota as the QB.  As much as I do like Marcus, that doesn't bode well.

I had Taylor pegged as a great guy for real NFL teams to target in trade the moment they followed up the Humphries signing with drafting AJ Brown. I'd be thrilled if my Skins dealt a 5th or so for Taywan. Not sure why the Titans felt it was necessary to spend on a slot WR in FA with such a good fit in-house, a guy who has flashed and is on a rookie contract, and can threaten deep. On a run-heavy team. Seems like those cap dollars could have been spent more wisely. 

They've got an embarrassment of potential riches at WR now, and young. Some team should target the non-flavor-of-the-month in trade imo. 

I had Taylor pegged as a great guy for real NFL teams to target in trade the moment they followed up the Humphries signing with drafting AJ Brown. I'd be thrilled if my Skins dealt a 5th or so for Taywan. Not sure why the Titans felt it was necessary to spend on a slot WR in FA with such a good fit in-house, a guy who has flashed and is on a rookie contract, and can threaten deep. On a run-heavy team. Seems like those cap dollars could have been spent more wisely. 

They've got an embarrassment of potential riches at WR now, and young. Some team should target the non-flavor-of-the-month in trade imo. 
I'm a Raider fan so I know what it's like to suffer from mismanagement, boneheaded ownership, etc... (as a Redskins fan can also sympathize I'm sure) but these Titans seem almost more painful. Seems like quite a talented roster for some time now but keep wanting to run some 1918 college offense or something as opposed to a 2019 offense. Would love if Belicheat would trade for this guy after seeing him in joint practices but I guess Vrabel would never allow it knowing Belicheat would use him properly and it would be like a Wes Welker redux or something.

Don't care so much about my fantasy roster but hope this kid can move teams and get some kind of a career going. RIP AJ Brown

The Titans would NOT have a consistent deep ball threat without him. From what I hear, they want too much. I think this fails and maybe a midseason trade. That would give Davis or Brown time to establish a deep game that is reliable. Not really but from an overall assumed perspective, they have til 4pm today

Last edited by a moderator:
He's got a better QB and better offense but will be buried on the depth chart. Good move for the Browns but fantasy irrelevant for this year.

Well...yeah.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/02/taywan-taylor-trying-to-help-browns-prepare-for-his-former-team/

A Browns defensive coach pulled Taylor aside to ask about the Titans, Taylor said.

“He said he didn’t want me to feel like I was in an interrogation room,” Taylor said. “He asked me a few things, and I tried to give some information on them. From there, they’re just going to look at the game film, game plan.

“He’s going to use those little notes that he got from me and things like that, and he’s going to make a transition, take it over to the meeting room and try to use that to help those guys. I think we’ll be ready. We’ll be well prepared.”

Good to hear he's still around and he 'might' make an impact since Kitchens is out and he's got a new staff with a fresh start.

AUDIO 🎧 LINK:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Taywan Taylor: I think it's going to be a fresh start for us and we're ready to make it happen next year Just trying to be a sponge, soak up all the knowledge from Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham Jr.

Taywan Taylor joined Bull & Fox to talk about the offseason for the Browns including new head coach Kevin Stefanski, Baker Mayfield's comments about learning from last year's struggles, the wide receiver group led by Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. and why this team is ready for a fresh start. 

I saw an interview with Taylor where he was very frustrated with his time with the Browns. He found it very difficult to crack the starting lineup or get playing time and yet as he learned the offense more N more, he did well in practice. He had a story of burning a CB "all day" and voicing his frustration and driving in the next day, the radio host was saying he could be cut. He got home and the papers had that sentiment too. He wondered if that was a message and talked to his former coaches and teammates. They all advised him to shush and prove himself next camp. Never one to speak out, they also cautioned him on what he learns from Odell. 

Users who are viewing this thread