What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Eagles at Bucs (+2.5, 44.0), MNF Wild Card Weekend Finale*** (1 Viewer)

Such a weird game. Philly looks lost on both sides of the ball but still a road favorite. Tampa struggling on offense recently as well. I think Tampas defense shows up

Tampa 24
Philly 16

Wanted to fire up the game thread early with MOP’s blessing for discussion/garbage talk in advance.

Ronde is still running and the vet was a dump. Go Bucs.
The single biggest play in team history in the biggest win in team history. Yes, bigger than the Super Bowl victories.

This line seems like a trap...with Hurts middle finger issue, AJ Brown possibly being injured, and the Eagles playing like doo doo I would have expected this to have the Bucs favored at home. Eagles put it together for a game ending Baker's great season that will get him paid. This game will show that the NFC South doesn't belong.

Eagles 27
Bucs 17

Tampa's iOL has really struggled the last two weeks after two great weeks of balanced productive offense. If Bowles/Canales continue smacking their heads against the proverbial wall running right at the interior of defenses it will be a long day for Baker and the Bucs. Baker is also injured. He was hobbled against Carolina and will probably have trouble moving around to avoid that interior rush.

I doubt Tampa's coaching staff is smart enough to call plays that attack Philadelphia's weaknesses right now.

Tampa's iOL has really struggled the last two weeks after two great weeks of balanced productive offense. If Bowles/Canales continue smacking their heads against the proverbial wall running right at the interior of defenses it will be a long day for Baker and the Bucs. Baker is also injured. He was hobbled against Carolina and will probably have trouble moving around to avoid that interior rush.

I doubt Tampa's coaching staff is smart enough to call plays that attack Philadelphia's weaknesses right now.
This is so true. I can't say for sure how Hurts will play, or how Baker's injury will affect him, or how either team's running game will fare.

But I do know that the Buccaneers will be outcoached.

The Eagles team has given up and if that isn't worse enough, everyone on defense is confused b/c like the smart people they are, they switched DC's in the middle of a double digit win season. Put me out of my misery already.

Bucs 31
Eagles 20

I actually think the Eagles pull it off and I’m very down on them. The team will come out with a fire this week and then flop the following week. Maybe if Baker is hurt, it would behoove the Bucs to go with the backup. Backup QBs have done well against the Eagles D of late.

Consider this. Our Pro Bowl, elite pass-rusher, Hassan Reddick (who had 17 sacks last year) sorta complained that he is dropping back in coverage-a perfectly reasonable complaint when your job is to rush the passer. Our butthole of a defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, on the first play of the game last week had him drop back in coverage. He got played (because he's not a cover DE FFS) and Tyrod Taylor hit the wide open WR he was supposed to be covering for a 20 yard play to start the game.

I am 100% certain that the butthole defensive coordinator called this coverage out of spite. Like, just to stick it to Hassan for complaining. This is the defense you'll be facing on Monday.

Y'all are good.

Tyrod Taylor and Mack Jones had wonderful games The Eagles this year.
The Bucs offense is currently a hot mess.
The entire Eagles team is currently a hot mess.
A.J. Brown asked for a players only meeting before The Giants game last week.
I guess it didn't help.
If The Eagles totally commit to the run I think they can win this game.
But there's something about Baker.
Upset special...

Bucs- 23
Pheagles- 20

Does this mean we get Buck and Aikman for on more game this season?

-MoP loves what Aikman does on Monday Night Football
Comfy shoes

wow, a lot of TB picks.. Philly has been here and is pretty battled tested in the playoffs.. Can you trust Mayfield enough to have faith TB will win.

He looked horrible vs Carolina.

wow, a lot of TB picks.. Philly has been here and is pretty battled tested in the playoffs.. Can you trust Mayfield enough to have faith TB will win.

The thing is we can't trust literally anything about Philadelphia. Play calling on both sides of the ball, play in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Can't trust literally anything about the defense. Lost 4 of 5 games, soon to be 5 out of 6. Mike Evans is going to destroy the Eagles IMO.

The thing is we can't trust literally anything about Philadelphia. Play calling on both sides of the ball, play in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Can't trust literally anything about the defense. Lost 4 of 5 games, soon to be 5 out of 6. Mike Evans is going to destroy the Eagles IMO.
I just can't trust Baker enough to say Evan is going to "Destroy" Eagles..

Hurts IMO is the better QB in this matchup and that will be a big reason Philly wins.

This is so true. I can't say for sure how Hurts will play, or how Baker's injury will affect him, or how either team's running game will fare.

But I do know that the Buccaneers will be outcoached.
That is a bold statement right now. Unless the Bucs coaches are in kindergarten, I disagree,

Mayfield has been maybe the luckiest player in the NFL this season. He's had 14 dropped INT's this season (tied with Ridder for most in the NFL) most starting QBs have 5 or 6. Gotta feel like that luck is gonna run out soon, especially playing injured.

After Buf/Pit, this feels like the game I have the most confidence in the winner, and I think that's Philly.

the narrative of this year has to end with us winning at TB handily, giving us hope again, and then going into SF and being competitive, nay dominating for two quarters somewhere in the middle, and then losing over a last minute missed assignment on defense and a dropped pass by Q. the script was written months ago and edits have been finalized.

Phi 30
TB 24

Mayfield has been maybe the luckiest player in the NFL this season. He's had 14 dropped INT's this season (tied with Ridder for most in the NFL) most starting QBs have 5 or 6. Gotta feel like that luck is gonna run out soon, especially playing injured.

After Buf/Pit, this feels like the game I have the most confidence in the winner, and I think that's Philly.
I agree about Buf/Pit but not sure about the Eagles. I agree that they should win and probably will but I’m not confident in that all. I’m also pretty confident Tampa stinks. Thus, I wouldn’t touch that line with a 10 foot poll.

the narrative of this year has to end with us winning at TB handily, giving us hope again, and then going into SF and being competitive, nay dominating for two quarters somewhere in the middle, and then losing over a last minute missed assignment on defense and a dropped pass by Q. the script was written months ago and edits have been finalized.

Phi 30
TB 24
In my unprofessional opinion, I think the Eagles not only win against Tampa, but beat Dallas the following week. Then they return to "form" and get beaten by SF in the conference championship.

Phi 30
TB 24
In my unprofessional opinion, I think the Eagles not only win against Tampa, but beat Dallas the following week. Then they return to "form" and get beaten by SF in the conference championship.
I like the cut of your jib.

Phi 30
TB 24

The worst would be needing a first down and trying the brotherly shove and not getting it. Thus ending the game. Sounds very Philly

Phi 30
TB 24

The worst would be needing a first down and trying the brotherly shove and not getting it. Thus ending the game. Sounds very Philly
I predicted this months ago. Of course it was how I predicted the Super Bowl to end in a loss, which is highly unlikely, but, same concept.

I agree about Buf/Pit but not sure about the Eagles. I agree that they should win and probably will but I’m not confident in that all. I’m also pretty confident Tampa stinks. Thus, I wouldn’t touch that line with a 10 foot poll.
Both teams stink. They were very fortunate to draw each other.

Both teams stink. They were very fortunate to draw each other.

May the best team win!

None of my friends want to go (losers) and we have a 3-month old at home so my wife isn’t going to go so I may be heading out there solo. Never done that before. Might just hang out at the pirate ship all game and drink beers to lessen the pain.
Going to be a fair amount of Philly fans there as well.

Phi 30
TB 24
I like the cut of your jib.
As much as I like the Detroit story, they drew the worst-possible matchup for them in the opening round.

None of my friends want to go (losers) and we have a 3-month old at home so my wife isn’t going to go so I may be heading out there solo. Never done that before. Might just hang out at the pirate ship all game and drink beers to lessen the pain.
Damn. I might fly down for the game.... if so, I'll watch it with you. Just checking flights and work and tickets.

Damn. I might fly down for the game.... if so, I'll watch it with you. Just checking flights and work and tickets.
Let’s do it.

One of the things I will be watching on MNF is Baker's ability and will to challenge.
If I read the stat sheet towards the end fo the 1st Half and it looks something like 12/16/55 yds, I'll be very disappointed.
One of the reasons Russ Wilson got benched was inability to put the ball in a spot where his WR/TE/RB could make a play, it infuriated Sean Payton

Godwin, White and Cotton must work the short part of the zone from the LOS out about 8-10 yds and all that leads up to down field shot to Mike Evans, that needs to happen.
Looking forward to one more Playoff game on MNF

The Eagles are an absolute mess right now - but will still find a way to win this game.

27-17.

They will get blown out the following week by which ever team they face.

Coach Nick is starting to prove what I’ve thought all along. He’s a fraud who was propped up by great Coordinator's, good players and a year of good health.

I predict he’s gone after the year is over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread