What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Browns at Texans** (+2.5, 44.5) Wild Card Weekend Game #1 4:30 Saturday (1 Viewer)

Deshaun Watson's current team(yes he is still on The Browns) against Deshaun Watson's former team.
The only thing that would make this game more interesting is if Watson were playing in the game.
But then,if he had been playing The Browns probably wouldn't be here.
The old greybeard Joe Flacco on one side,the young buck C.J. Stroud on the other.
This has the potential to be the best game of the weekend.
I can see either team coming out on top here.
Browns defense will challenge The Young Buck.
I could flip a coin to pick this one but instead I'll give the edge to experience and say...

Keebler Elves- 30
Most Exciting Team in Texas- 23

I'm wondering how long the Flacco magic lasts. Browns defense is the best unit in this game. I think they carry the day.

Browns 19
Texans 13

Cleveland Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Denzel Ward suffered a knee injury in Thursday's practice, putting his status in question for Saturday's playoff game against the Houston Texans.

The Browns Thursday also ruled out safety Grant Delpit (groin), kicker Dustin Hopkins (hamstring) and wide receiver Cedric Tillman (concussion).

Houston's starting D-line, all of whom are injured and haven't played together for about 4 weeks, should be available as should WR Noah Brown. DE Jerry Hughes is out.

But then,if he had been playing The Browns probably wouldn't be here.

They were 5-1 in games he started this season. 4-1 if you wanna toss out v IND where he got hurt (but started).
He beat CIN, BAL, ARI, TEN, as a starter.

I know we hate him around here, but he was winning games.

A franchise that has never been in a Super Bowl will be playing in The Divisional Playoff Round.

This is an exciting way to start the playoffs. I give Cleveland a very slight edge but certainly a few big plays will decide a game like this.

Players get on rolls in regular season. Legends are made in the playoffs. Guess we get to see if this kid is for real. I think Stroud is the real deal.

Injury report update.

Browns Injury Report
K Dustin Hopkins - Hamstring - Out
RB Pierre Strong - Back -Questionable
S Juan Thornhill - Calf - Questionable
S Grant Delpit - Groin - Limited - Out
WR Cedric Tillman - Concussion - Out
CB Mike Ford - Calf - Questionable
CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder - Questionable
A lot of important names on the list starting with Ward, Thornhill and Hopkins. With Delpit not able to return, the secondary players will be vital ones to watch between now and Saturday.

Texans Injury Report
DE Will Anderson Jr. - Ankle - Questionable
WR Noah Brown - Back - Questionable
DT Maliek Collins - Hip - Questionable
DE Jonathan Greenard - Ankle - Questionable
DE Jerry Hughes - Ankle - Out
DT Sheldon Rankins - Shoulder - Questionable
WR Robert Woods - Hip - Questionable
FB Andrew Beck - Calf - Questionable
Anderson, Beck, Brown and Greenard returned to practice Thursday on a limited basis. The other questionable players were also limited on Thursday.

I have enjoyed watching Stroud a game or two. He is so calm in the pocket and seems to deliver passes efficiently and has a very quick release. Much is being made of Flacco’s road record, but it has been quite a few years since he has played in the playoffs. The Browns’ defense is very good, but the back end injuries could play to Stroud’s and Collins’ strength.

I am on vacation in Fiji and won’t get to watch. Best of luck Texans and our other fans on this board. I think Cleveland carries the day with their defense but I think this one may be very hard to predict. Houston may finally be healthy enough to compete.

Congrats Browns fans on making the playoffs! Feel like your dedicated fanbase is one of the few on these boards and in general that despite being even more beat down than ours still shows up on a regular basis for perennial disappointment but positive attitude! Here’s hoping both squads have turned the corner!

They were 5-1 in games he started this season. 4-1 if you wanna toss out v IND where he got hurt (but started).

That ravens game was crazy. Two offensive TDs, Watson didn’t play well but then the ravens defense is perhaps the only defense better than the browns. Lamar played even worse in that game.
The rest aren’t impressive wins.

That ravens game was crazy. Two offensive TDs, Watson didn’t play well but then the ravens defense is perhaps the only defense better than the browns. Lamar played even worse in that game.
I don’t like the guy, but what Watson did in the second half at Baltimore was incredible, especially considering he had a high ankle sprain and a broken shoulder.

I don’t like the guy, but what Watson did in the second half at Baltimore was incredible, especially considering he had a high ankle sprain and a broken shoulder.

He convenirnetly forgot the best half of football ANY qb played this season.

Again, Im not even saying he was great this season. But he was fine. And the team was winning. That 2nd half v the Ravens was absolute MAGIC.

Again, Im not even saying he was great this season. But he was fine. And the team was winning. That 2nd half v the Ravens was absolute MAGIC.
Ok good job for half a game. :clap: Although that’s a bit of a stretch.
That was totally worth the trade!

Ok good job for half a game. :clap: Although that’s a bit of a stretch.
That was totally worth the trade!

It's not a stretch, it was the best half of football of any qb this season. It was a literal masterclass against the best team in the NFL this year.

Anyways, he's not playing today, so doesn't matter... Need that Flacco playoff magic.

Players get on rolls in regular season. Legends are made in the playoffs. Guess we get to see if this kid is for real. I think Stroud is the real deal.
I do, too. Houston may very well lose this game, but Stroud has been fantastic and they are building something there.

I also love that he's sticking a flaming fork up in that stupid Combine test.

He's definitely the real deal. Last week was basically a playoff game and he performed well. What I love about CJ other than is accuracy and decision making is that he always has the same calm demeanor no matter the situation. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do against CLE.

Texans 25 - CLE 13

Looking forward to watching this after planes got grounded in Cleveland and I couldn't fly out yesterday. Stuck in Dallas for awhile now and will be able the see Cleveland defeat Houston 31-24

Sorry Houston, I think Cleveland wins and it won't be close.

Geez Cleveland, imagine having $238M worth of contracts not tied up in DW.

Nice warm up game before Ice Bowl!

Would be happy for either team to win. Like the Texans to pull it out. Stroud to go off.

Users who are viewing this thread