What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Rams at Lions (-3, 51.5), SNF Wild Card Weekend Game #5** (1 Viewer)

I would have loved to hear the post game meet up between Goff and Stafford. Pretty easy to like both those guys….at least from a sports perspective, I don’t know them personally. 🤣

The Lions defense actually won this game. Kudos. Big stand in the red zone.

It’s weird. This coaching staff with BJ and Goff at QB are in the main excellent in the red zone. When we had Stafford, we used to be so frustrating in the red zone and I have never really put that on Matthew but more a ****ty run game and bad OCs. So it feels a little weird that we won this game because Stafford/McVey failed 3 x in that exact spot.

Lions win and I even won substantial money on my pessimism parley 😂

Rams +3.5
Stafford over 260.5 yds
Stafford 1.5TDs +
Nacua over 78.5 yds

Free money

The Lions defense actually won this game. Kudos. Big stand in the red zone.

It’s weird. This coaching staff with BJ and Goff at QB are in the main excellent in the red zone. When we had Stafford, we used to be so frustrating in the red zone and I have never really put that on Matthew but more a ****ty run game and bad OCs. So it feels a little weird that we won this game because Stafford/McVey failed 3 x in that exact spot.

Lions win and I even won substantial money on my pessimism parley 😂

Rams +3.5
Stafford over 260.5 yds
Stafford 1.5TDs +
Nacua over 78.5 yds

Free money
So far this weekend I’m
• KC -4 ✅
• KC -4, LAR +3.5 parlay ✅
• LAR +3.5 ✅
• KC U 44 ✅

And still alive for this parlay:
KC-4, GB +7.5, LAR +3.5, KC U44, HOU +3.5 and a bet I shall not name so as to avoid the jinx.

Lions playing Eagles or Bucs next week. Yea Lions going back to the NFCCG before the Cowboys.
Fully expecting Niners/Lions.

Should be an exciting matchup. Also Campbell vs Shanny. Two of the most exciting coaches.

And as brutal as it is, the winner likely faces Baltimore. Oof.

Next game on Peacock. First round was a success.

>>With an average of 23 M viewers for Dolphins-KC on Peacock, NBC says yesterday was the largest U.S. usage of Internet ever in one day<<

I vote that Peacock has the largest usage of hyperbole ever in one day :rolleyes:
It’s so weird how forcing people to watch a game on streaming leads to higher streaming numbers

Next game on Peacock. First round was a success.

>>With an average of 23 M viewers for Dolphins-KC on Peacock, NBC says yesterday was the largest U.S. usage of Internet ever in one day<<

I vote that Peacock has the largest usage of hyperbole ever in one day :rolleyes:
Retention will be the key for Peacock.
I cxled it already......they bank on a lot of people forgetting about it.

Honestly that blown DPI was literally the win or loss.

It’s insane that’s not reviewable by an independant crew in NY.

It was 1st and goal at the ~15? Absolute game-changing missed call.
I have rarely commented about bad calls in over 20 years here, but that one really bugs me. He stretched his shirt, prevented the catch. Easy peasy call, Rams probably win. Sucks for LA, but it's just one bad call and surely a few went against the Lions. This one just kinda decided the game, imo. Oh well, it's the NFL.
the obvious encroachment non call early in the game completely altered the course of the game as well. :ptts:

what a fun game to watch!! go lions

I have rarely commented about bad calls in over 20 years here, but that one really bugs me. He stretched his shirt, prevented the catch. Easy peasy call, Rams probably win. Sucks for LA, but it's just one bad call and surely a few went against the Lions. This one just kinda decided the game, imo. Oh well, it's the NFL.
the obvious encroachment non call early in the game completely altered the course of the game as well. :ptts:

These two calls were not the same significance.

You never know. If the lions score on that early drive, even 3, that changes everything.

You never know. If the lions score on that early drive, even 3, that changes everything.
Compared to an end game scenario where the Rams have 1st & goal at the ~15, 3 shots at going up 7 (assuming they go for 2) with ~2 mins for the Lions to try to score?

Cmon.

You don’t know that definitively

Compared to an end game scenario where the Rams have 1st & goal at the ~15, 3 shots at going up 7 (assuming they go for 2) with ~2 mins for the Lions to try to score?

Cmon.
I get it. End game scenario seems more important. the Non call changed everything as well is my point. Detroit would have scored. And then the whole game is different.

Cmon.
I get it. End game scenario seems more important. the Non call changed everything as well is my point. Detroit would have scored. And then the whole game is different.
Fair enough

They kind of were. The encroachment call would have given the Lions a first down just outside of FG range. In both cases we are talking about setting teams up with first downs in position to add points.

They kind of were. The encroachment call would have given the Lions a first down just outside of FG range. In both cases we are talking about setting teams up with first downs in position to add points.
I don’t disagree with that, but context matters. 4th quarter, 4 mins amplifies the significance of the blown call.

I don’t disagree with that, but context matters. 4th quarter, 4 mins amplifies the significance of the blown call.
If you miss the playoffs by 1 game, is the loss at the beginning or the end of the season more significanr? :oldunsure:

All 22 Films pointed out one of the reasons Sutton didn't get the DPI call with 4 minutes left is he wore gloves the exact same color as the Rams uniform

That's not coincidence - that's a thing

With a different officiating crew this game is way different
  • the phantom false start was huge, Rams were terrible in coverage and never stopped Detroit in the first half
  • I think on Puka's 35 yarder (might have been another play, I'll have to watch again) Hutch got tackled, no holding call
  • definitely should have been roughing the passer on 3rd down on Alim McNeil (the Hutch hit was fine) when Stafford got bounced to the turf
  • late DPI would have kept the Rams last possession going

Lions outside corners were terrible, every time Puka came all the way across he ran an in breaker (like 8 out of 9 times), Sutton biting on the first move on 3rd & 1 was a blown coverage by the S, nobody came over for the handoff coverage, easy 50 yard TD

Vildor got isolated by motion on the Tutu Atwell TD, once again just got beat cleanly in man coverage, 38 yard TD

On another play the Lions completely blew the coverage on Kupp, he was all alone on the sideline but Hutch pressured Stafford into a throwaway

They did enough to earn the win but it's obvious if they keep playing aggressive man coverage they'll give up explosives - need to see more variance in the coverage looks

For the most part - until the Rams 7th possession I think - the Lions played exactly the way they want in terms of stopping the run and forcing the Rams to rely on Stafford; only gave up 68 yards, and on the year no back has gained more than 69 yards rushing (Kyren went 13-61)

As much as the defense got torched, though, the Red Zone D was the difference - Lions went 3/3 in the RZ, Rams went 0/3 - plus 2 defensive stops ended up being enough (before the game I thought the Lions would need 4-5 on 10 possessions but bc the offense sustained drives we held them to 8 possessions)

Thank you Packers - can't believe we get another home game (TBH I felt pretty good about going back to Dallas, held them to 20 last time and were in it even though our offense wasn't clicking)

Really good game! Congrats to the Lions and their fans! Great to see them finally get a playoff win. A few tough calls both ways, but they seemed to even out, and the Lions being better in the red zone was the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread