What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

Interesting. The is the V4L Cowboy cart, not the menthol, but it seems a little "mentholy". No heat, I guess that is the difference. I think this is gonna work folks. I've got some analogs to finish, and both batteries need an initial 8 hour charge. Not much vapor on the way out with this setup. I can still feel it though. I think I will have to do some experimenting for a while. I have about 5 packs of analogs left. I figure I'll go all vaping on Thursday. Might go buy some glycerin too. A little more vapor and throat hit would be good.

Bottom line... I am now even more excited about this. I think it's going to work for me. I've been a slave to big tobacco far too long.

i don't smoke but this vaping sounds fun. saw some guy using one in a restaurant and he was still looked at as a pariah by most everyone, but might be good for home use.
This actually seems like a benefit to me. I enjoy offending people.

Oh, and I will also testify that Chantix sucks. I can't really describe it, but it made me feel strange. And didn't really do anything to satiate my desire to smoke. My stepfather had the same issues. It helped my mom quit, but 6 months later and she's back again.

3 days cold turkey, which were probably the 3 most torturous days of my life on this planet, and I'm in way better shape than Chantix ever put me in.

Still, this thread is a little painful to read. I'm quitting because apparantly my hemoglobin is high due to elevated carbon monoxide levels between my marijuana and tobacco smoking habits. It seems possible that this and a vaporizer are the solutions to both problems without me having to give up anything I enjoy. But I pretty much don't want to have to deal with the 3 days of torture ever again and I know my wife will probably flip out on me if I came home with one of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and I will also testify that Chantix sucks. I can't really describe it, but it made me feel strange. And didn't really do anything to satiate my desire to smoke. My stepfather had the same issues. It helped my mom quit, but 6 months later and she's back again.3 days cold turkey, which were probably the 3 most torturous days of my life on this planet, and I'm in way better shape than Chantix ever put me in.Still, this thread is a little painful to read. I'm quitting because apparantly my hemoglobin is high due to elevated carbon monoxide levels between my marijuana and tobacco smoking habits. It seems possible that this and a vaporizer are the solutions to both problems without me having to give up anything I enjoy. But I pretty much don't want to have to deal with the 3 days of torture ever again and I know my wife will probably flip out on me if I came home with one of these.
That sucks, man. I took Chantix on two separate occasions, and both of them were horrible. The concept works well, but like you, it made me feel strange. "Disconnected" would be the right way to describe it. The nightmares I had were terrifying. Extreme violence and dead relatives/friends seemed to be the recurring theme. The concept of the drug is wonderful, but it just ain't worth it.

I'm not a heavy smoker, but I find myself craving and looking forward to opportunities to have analog cigs... It was to the point where I was buying a pack every 2-3 weeks and sneaking a smoke or two several times per week and I just felt terrible about putting the tar and other carcinogens in my lungs, so I had been considering trying e-cigs as an alternative.Unfortunately the the more research I did about 'vaping', the more confused and intimidated I was getting as well until I stumbled across this thread. All I can say is major kudos and GB to the OP and especially Wingnut and Evilgrin for all of their awesome advice :shrug: I finally went ahead and ordered the Southbeach Smoke starter kit and really liked several of the flavors included in their variety pack; but I was very disappointed that the throat hit/vapor production wasn't similar enough to completely simulate analog cigs. I was really starting to think I'ld made a mistake and wasted my $$$.However, then Wingnut mentioned his own disappointment with the battery system Southbeach uses and how he switched to a better product, so then I was all set to order Vapor4Life! ...Until I missed out on the 35% off coupon code that expired 1/31/11 :rant: But then I read Evilgrin's posts about Bloog and decided to give their kit a try. HOLY CRAP :eek: No more primer puffs or repeated drags like working over a cigar! These are every bit as satisfying to me as the real thing!Since I still had both kits and wanted to know if I just got a weak set of carts from Southbeach, I went ahead and filled both a Southbeach cart and a blank Bloog cart with some juice from HALO (freedom juice and torque 56 that I ordered after reading Wingnut's review). It was clear that even after a full charge of the Southbeach battery it supplied nowhere near the vapor production and throathit I was getting with the Bloog battery.I also agreee completely with the following reviews of these juices from Evilgrin, although I went with the 6mg nicotine version:

...Bloog "Red" - has an unlit tobacco flavor but also carries a strong peanut butter flavor. Sounds weird, but it's very satisfying, and it produces great throat hit.Flavor : 8/10, throat hit 9/10Bloog RY4 - kind of tastes like the fog machine smoke I mentioned earlier. Better than that would make it sound, but nothing spectacular.Flavor : 6/10, throat hit 7/10555 - nothing special. Mild, unlit tobacco flavor and not much vapor/throat hit. PassFlavor : 5/10, throat hit 5/10
I will also be purchasing the Alien Visions juice that EG recommended, because my experiences/tastes have been the same thus far so I trust his reviewsI also would highly recommend the Bloog starter kit and Red/RY4/and a set of blank carts to anyone wanting to simulate a non-menthol analog experience, and then ordering other juices in flavors that sound intriguing/appealing to find the ones best suited to your individual preferences. Don't be afraid to try different flavors though, because the Southbeach variety pack actually has me craving some cherry/caramel/vanilla/etc and other flavors that aren't necessarily supposed to mimic tobacco.

Interesting. The is the V4L Cowboy cart, not the menthol, but it seems a little "mentholy". No heat, I guess that is the difference. I think this is gonna work folks. I've got some analogs to finish, and both batteries need an initial 8 hour charge. Not much vapor on the way out with this setup. I can still feel it though. I think I will have to do some experimenting for a while. I have about 5 packs of analogs left. I figure I'll go all vaping on Thursday. Might go buy some glycerin too. A little more vapor and throat hit would be good. Bottom line... I am now even more excited about this. I think it's going to work for me. I've been a slave to big tobacco far too long.
7 days analog free for me after 23 years of smoking. You just gotta want it. I have wanted to quit in the past, but the combination of nicotine withdrawal and the unbelievably strong habits made it almost impossible. Using the vape when the cravings come makes it SO much easier.

Oh, and I will also testify that Chantix sucks. I can't really describe it, but it made me feel strange. And didn't really do anything to satiate my desire to smoke. My stepfather had the same issues. It helped my mom quit, but 6 months later and she's back again.3 days cold turkey, which were probably the 3 most torturous days of my life on this planet, and I'm in way better shape than Chantix ever put me in.Still, this thread is a little painful to read. I'm quitting because apparantly my hemoglobin is high due to elevated carbon monoxide levels between my marijuana and tobacco smoking habits. It seems possible that this and a vaporizer are the solutions to both problems without me having to give up anything I enjoy. But I pretty much don't want to have to deal with the 3 days of torture ever again and I know my wife will probably flip out on me if I came home with one of these.
You're a tough SOB. Cold turkey nearly killed me, or so it seemed. :lmao:If you've made it this far, you're past the worst of it. Just remember the vape and if, God forbid, you break down - maybe try this instead of analogs.

I'm not a heavy smoker, but I find myself craving and looking forward to opportunities to have analog cigs... It was to the point where I was buying a pack every 2-3 weeks and sneaking a smoke or two several times per week and I just felt terrible about putting the tar and other carcinogens in my lungs, so I had been considering trying e-cigs as an alternative.Unfortunately the the more research I did about 'vaping', the more confused and intimidated I was getting as well until I stumbled across this thread. All I can say is major kudos and GB to the OP and especially Wingnut and Evilgrin for all of their awesome advice :lmao: I finally went ahead and ordered the Southbeach Smoke starter kit and really liked several of the flavors included in their variety pack; but I was very disappointed that the throat hit/vapor production wasn't similar enough to completely simulate analog cigs. I was really starting to think I'ld made a mistake and wasted my $$$.However, then Wingnut mentioned his own disappointment with the battery system Southbeach uses and how he switched to a better product, so then I was all set to order Vapor4Life! ...Until I missed out on the 35% off coupon code that expired 1/31/11 :) But then I read Evilgrin's posts about Bloog and decided to give their kit a try. HOLY CRAP :mellow: No more primer puffs or repeated drags like working over a cigar! These are every bit as satisfying to me as the real thing!Since I still had both kits and wanted to know if I just got a weak set of carts from Southbeach, I went ahead and filled both a Southbeach cart and a blank Bloog cart with some juice from HALO (freedom juice and torque 56 that I ordered after reading Wingnut's review). It was clear that even after a full charge of the Southbeach battery it supplied nowhere near the vapor production and throathit I was getting with the Bloog battery.I also agreee completely with the following reviews of these juices from Evilgrin, although I went with the 6mg nicotine version:

...Bloog "Red" - has an unlit tobacco flavor but also carries a strong peanut butter flavor. Sounds weird, but it's very satisfying, and it produces great throat hit.Flavor : 8/10, throat hit 9/10Bloog RY4 - kind of tastes like the fog machine smoke I mentioned earlier. Better than that would make it sound, but nothing spectacular.Flavor : 6/10, throat hit 7/10555 - nothing special. Mild, unlit tobacco flavor and not much vapor/throat hit. PassFlavor : 5/10, throat hit 5/10
I will also be purchasing the Alien Visions juice that EG recommended, because my experiences/tastes have been the same thus far so I trust his reviewsI also would highly recommend the Bloog starter kit and Red/RY4/and a set of blank carts to anyone wanting to simulate a non-menthol analog experience, and then ordering other juices in flavors that sound intriguing/appealing to find the ones best suited to your individual preferences. Don't be afraid to try different flavors though, because the Southbeach variety pack actually has me craving some cherry/caramel/vanilla/etc and other flavors that aren't necessarily supposed to mimic tobacco.
I've been speaking to the guy behind Bloog on the e-cigarette-forum board recently, posts under the name leaford. Apparently, he used to be one of the designers behind V4L but left and started Bloog because he wanted to "build a better mousetrap." The Bllog maxx fusion cartos and the new 3-in-1 manual/automatic battery were a couple of his brainstorms that he couldn't get made at V4L, so now he has the freedom to play mad scientist. They're still just getting rolling, but their product is outstanding and they stand behind it. He's over in China most of the time overseeing the production of all their cartos and batteries and solicits tons of feedback from the forum posters and is constantly upgrading all their components based on that feedback. It's not often you get a direct line to the "brass" at any company, so it's pretty cool. I'm getting anywhere from 5-11 hours on a single 78mm battery and these cartos deliver outstanding vapor and are pretty easy to refill, even for a n00b like me. Also, they're supposedly the first 100% burn proof cartos. peaople have run them dry and then "dry vaped" them, which would evidently burn up other cartos and leave them with a burnt taste - garbage, in other words. These work differently and I've seen reports where people unaffiliated with the company ran a pre-filled carto dry, dry vaped it for hours, then refilled it with no ill effects. In fact, people are getting anywhere from 8 to 20 refills from a single carto. One guy used the same single carto for over two weeks and finally buried it after 17 days. That makes the $11 for 5 prefilled cartos cost easier to swallow. New review : Bluemist Root Beer Float - Meh. Decent root beer flavor, but it's weak, and doesn't deliver much "oomph." I should have ordered the extra flavor version. Flavor : 5/10, throat hit 3/10.

You're a tough SOB. Cold turkey nearly killed me, or so it seemed. :PIf you've made it this far, you're past the worst of it. Just remember the vape and if, God forbid, you break down - maybe try this instead of analogs.
Thanks for the encouragement, it seriously helps a ton! I slept approximately 36 of those 72 hours. Worst part was after I decided to tempt fate and have 2 beers on Saturday which made everything about 100 times worse. On the car ride home I was telling my wife that the reason people commited suicide on Chantix was because they hated giving up the habits they loved, and how terrible it was getting every habit I enjoy ripped away from me at once (pop, marijuana, cigarettes), it wasn't a pretty sight. But I did actually make it. And yeah, after thinking about this more part of the allure of the stopping smoking is the money savings. Which this would defeat. It is getting easier. I think I'll make it. But will definitely keep this in mind before I ever considered going back to analogs.That being said, you're doing awesome work in this thread! Anything that can make kicking this habit easier, or enjoying it more healthy, is awesome. If only there was a way to make this have actual health benefits, like coffee. :(

You're a tough SOB. Cold turkey nearly killed me, or so it seemed. :shrug:If you've made it this far, you're past the worst of it. Just remember the vape and if, God forbid, you break down - maybe try this instead of analogs.
Thanks for the encouragement, it seriously helps a ton! I slept approximately 36 of those 72 hours. Worst part was after I decided to tempt fate and have 2 beers on Saturday which made everything about 100 times worse. On the car ride home I was telling my wife that the reason people commited suicide on Chantix was because they hated giving up the habits they loved, and how terrible it was getting every habit I enjoy ripped away from me at once (pop, marijuana, cigarettes), it wasn't a pretty sight. But I did actually make it. And yeah, after thinking about this more part of the allure of the stopping smoking is the money savings. Which this would defeat. It is getting easier. I think I'll make it. But will definitely keep this in mind before I ever considered going back to analogs.That being said, you're doing awesome work in this thread! Anything that can make kicking this habit easier, or enjoying it more healthy, is awesome. If only there was a way to make this have actual health benefits, like coffee. :(
Thanks man. Remember that there are a lot of us out there that know what you're going through and are really pulling for you. Just try to keep thinking about what you can do with not only all the money you're saving, but also the time you're adding on to your life. We're all behind you, GB. :rant:

hmmm...when the time comes to replace my batteries, i might have to give the Bloog version a try, since they are all compatible...Ive seen vids and posts by leaford, I didnt know Bloog was his brand now...interesting...

Not that I have had anything but good experience with V4L, but if theres something better out there, I may have to check and see for myself....heck, I might order some cartos to compare them as well...

vape on...lol

hmmm...when the time comes to replace my batteries, i might have to give the Bloog kit a try...Ive seen vids and posts by leaford, I didnt know Bloog was his brand now...interesting...Not that I have had anything but good experience with V4L, but if theres something better out there, I may have to check and see for myself....vape on...lol
Them Bloogs seem bad to the bone. Really, really wanted to get one but I wasn't a fan of their available colors (yeah, it matters) and I kinda wanna see if they'll improve the PCC to where it'll hold additional cartos.

Gadabout said:
Wingnut said:
hmmm...when the time comes to replace my batteries, i might have to give the Bloog kit a try...Ive seen vids and posts by leaford, I didnt know Bloog was his brand now...interesting...Not that I have had anything but good experience with V4L, but if theres something better out there, I may have to check and see for myself....vape on...lol
Them Bloogs seem bad to the bone. Really, really wanted to get one but I wasn't a fan of their available colors (yeah, it matters) and I kinda wanna see if they'll improve the PCC to where it'll hold additional cartos.
Not sure if that will happen. He seemed to be really adamant about keeping the PCC to a small, lightweight model. Mine is smaller than my EVO and weighs 4.6 oz. Holds 1 battery and 2 cartos. I don't think he wanted to forfeit portability for extra carrying capacity, but if enough people ask for the option, I'd bet eventually you'll have a choice....

Right now I've got three V4L batteries, pluis the passthru that I use in my car...hopefully Bloog will have more in stock by the time I need to order a new battery...

Do they have constant sales and deals like V4L has? This past weekend V4L had a super bowl weekend sale -- 18% off on orders up to $60, 23% off $60-85, and 28% off orders over $85...and right now they've got a 30% off all juice sale...

Seems I get a new sale email at least once a week...

Gadabout said:
Wingnut said:
hmmm...when the time comes to replace my batteries, i might have to give the Bloog kit a try...Ive seen vids and posts by leaford, I didnt know Bloog was his brand now...interesting...

Not that I have had anything but good experience with V4L, but if theres something better out there, I may have to check and see for myself....

vape on...lol
Not sure if that will happen. He seemed to be really adamant about keeping the PCC to a small, lightweight model. Mine is smaller than my EVO and weighs 4.6 oz. Holds 1 battery and 2 cartos. I don't think he wanted to forfeit portability for extra carrying capacity, but if enough people ask for the option, I'd bet eventually you'll have a choice....
The "Ultimate Starter Kit" PCC from Bloog holds two batteries and two cartos. However, I'm only carrying one battery, and putting two extra cartos in place of the second battery. If you google coupons you should easily find a 10% discount code as well. I think I used ECIG-10 for my order.

Well, let me express my graditude to the prime movers in this thread as well. My first experience with E-Cigs is so far quite positive, and if it weren't for this thread I'd be planning bank robberies to support my analog problem. Thanks. Genuine thanks.

Wingnut said:
hmmm...when the time comes to replace my batteries, i might have to give the Bloog version a try, since they are all compatible...Ive seen vids and posts by leaford, I didnt know Bloog was his brand now...interesting...

Not that I have had anything but good experience with V4L, but if theres something better out there, I may have to check and see for myself....heck, I might order some cartos to compare them as well...

vape on...lol
Are you saying that V4L carts fit the Bloog battery?

Got mine last night, charged it overnight and took my first excited drag this morning. I assumed I'd be dissapointed but I wasn't. The first drag gave a crackle, throat hit and a nice plume of smoke after exhale. I couldn't belive it. Mine was a cappacino flavor and I enjoyed the flavor. I wasn't wishing for a more ciggarette like flavor. At times it felt like I had to drag on it a lot longer to get the result of my very first drag but I'm guessing I'll get "better" at it as time goes on.

If I stick with this (I can't see why I wouldn't) this will change a whole bunch of things. No more having to go outside to have a smoke, never have to worry about having a lighter, no lingering cig smell, no having to run out and buy a pack (which can be up to 9 bucks a pack in MA.) and no waste. I'm not a big smoker some days I won't even have one. But in the winter I may go outside take a few puffs and that will be it. Then I flush the cig. Now I won't have all that "waste". A few drags off a cig is now a mere pick up ecig take a couple drags and be off.

A huge thing for me is smoking while golfing. I love to drink and smoke when I golf. On windy days it was a ##### to light a cig. and just the whole process is kind of awkward when you've got a club in your hand, a glove on, etc. Now just one thing to worry about.

Since I don't smoke all that often I realize that I really didn't need to order more than the wall charger and 2 batteries. I got the usb passthrough and usb charger. I don't think I'll use them much.

If they sold these things already charged in bars, bowling alleys and sports venues I'd bet they'd make a killing.

Wingnut said:

vape on...lol
Yup. Cartos are interchangeable, as are the chargers. You can use V4L cartos on Bloogs, and vice-versa.

Right now I've got three V4L batteries, pluis the passthru that I use in my car...hopefully Bloog will have more in stock by the time I need to order a new battery...Do they have constant sales and deals like V4L has? This past weekend V4L had a super bowl weekend sale -- 18% off on orders up to $60, 23% off $60-85, and 28% off orders over $85...and right now they've got a 30% off all juice sale...Seems I get a new sale email at least once a week...
Yep, they did have that Super Sunday sale, and I took advantage. I got the same starter kit you did and 4 or 5 sample packs. I got it all for less than $90.It should be here tomorrow. Thanks for all the work in this thread. It's really helped.:fingercrosseditworks:

Im getting excited. I think I'll get a Bloog starter kit after work.

Thanks EG

Do smoke shops carry this stuff or is it strictly online?

Been reading this thread for a while. I am similar to Cunk as in that I smoke maybe 1 cig a day and a couple on the weekend nights. So based on the info in this thread, Thanks EG, I went ahead a placed an order today:

tem Description Shipping To Price Each Quantity Extended

MINI PCC STARTER KIT

Model: Maxx Fusion

Battery Color: White

LED Color: Blue

Flavor: Reds

Nicotine: 11mg

$89.99

$89.99

TRIFECTA

Model: Maxx Fusion/Fusion

Color: Black

Cable: Not Included

$29.99

$29.99

Subtotal: $119.98

Sales Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $0.00

Order Total: $119.9

I'm optimistic that this can end tar for life. Thanks guys. I'll report back.

OK so I got my V4L kit in yesterday. Overall I guess today was an Ok start. Most important thing is I believe this can work. And by work, I mean help for quitting smoking altogether. I ordered the RY4-24 5 pack of carts and they threw in 3 other flavors as a bonus. Excellent since I wanted to try some other flavors anyway.

RY4: This is what I started using and wasn't thrilled with it, but it is tolerable. It would work, but I'm getting almost no vapor or throat hit. Flavor was OK but I'm definitely going to try some others. My wife has a very sensitive nose and she said it smells a little like maple syrup to her. Can't start ratings yet since I have nothing to compare it to.

Cinnamon: This is where I had a mishap. The first pull got me a nasty few drops of juice right into my mouth. Simply awful and I've had a bad taste in my mouth all day long. Sort of a mtellic taste that hasn't gone away yet and it's been 5-6 hours. What I also wonder, is did I get a huge amount of nicotine in my system when this happened.

All in all, not too bad. I smoked one anolog when I got up this morning, and one when I got home from work. I intentionally went to work with only the e-cigs. I did not have a problem with craving a cigarette. I did discover that I still wanted to go outside for a "smoke break". I am in the habit of a mid morning break and a mid afternoon break. I think I'll keep this up because it's just nice to walk outside and clear my head.

My wife's order should be in soon and I will have something to compare then, and will report back.

Keep it going guys. And I'm very impressed with the cheerleading going on in here too. Can't beat a FFA support group! :shrug:

I ordered the V4L Cowboy, thinking it was a Marlboro sort of flavor, but it has a sort of menthol finish to it. (They also have Cowboy menthols) I also bought 30ml of this as well, not sure I like it. I ordered two sampler cart packs today, the one with 555, Hilton, Dunhill etc. I want to settle on one flavor. I want to vape to quit analogs. I don't want to fall in love with vaping either. At some point I want to be free of nicotine. Someone suggested cola... anyone try cola?

The big thing is it quells my urges for analogs in a BIG way. Gum never did that. Patches irritated my skin and disturbed my sleep. I'm doing both analogs and vaping right now. On Thursday, I give it a go with no analogs, my new sample carts should arrive by then.

I figure I have 6 months before NYS bans E-Cigs. I really have to get out of NY.

Best of luck, trogg, Fro, pantherz, steevie, rivers, cunk, and everyone else. I think the more we keep this thread front and center, the more people we can get off cigs for good.

vape on...lol
Yup. Cartos are interchangeable, as are the chargers. You can use V4L cartos on Bloogs, and vice-versa.
This is good to know after hearing all the Bloog talk. I actually was going to order a Bloog but the one I wanted was sold out. It's good to know all I need now is a battery from them if I want one.

vape on...lol
This is good to know after hearing all the Bloog talk. I actually was going to order a Bloog but the one I wanted was sold out. It's good to know all I need now is a battery from them if I want one.
That's what I'm gonna do. I've got all the V4L chargers, etc...I'll get a Bloog battery and compare it next to the V4L...I actually prefer the old V4L batts over the new Diamond Series...the new DS series don't need a primer hit, but I find them a little too airy for my taste, so I gave them to my GF and kept her old batteries. I'm hoping the Bloog is actually a bit 'harder' to hit without as much air intake.I'll post a side by side somparison review when I get em, I may even do a video review :shock:

vape on...lol
That's what I'm gonna do. I've got all the V4L chargers, etc...I'll get a Bloog battery and compare it next to the V4L...I actually prefer the old V4L batts over the new Diamond Series...the new DS series don't need a primer hit, but I find them a little too airy for my taste, so I gave them to my GF and kept her old batteries. I'm hoping the Bloog is actually a bit 'harder' to hit without as much air intake.I'll post a side by side somparison review when I get em, I may even do a video review :shock:
Isn't the bloog cartomizer supposed to be much better than the V4L and a big part of the improved experience over the V4L? Or am I misunderstanding?

coyote, thats what Ive been reading...so far Im a big fan of V4, and havent had a single problem with the 4 or 5 orders Ive placed with them, but Im curious about the new Bloog batteries and cartos. I havent had a problem with the V4L cartos yet, but my GF tends to burn them for too long...so I might get some for her.

I've been using the V4L since Sunday and I'm loving the results. I'm bouncing around between all the sample packs I got to find a couple worth buying the juice for. My wife and kids love the new smell of me and the fact I don't disapear outside for so much time. I've had an analog here and there, and always put them out after a couple drags. They just feel nasty now. That is amazing to me after smoking for 20 years.

I've been using the V4L since Sunday and I'm loving the results. I'm bouncing around between all the sample packs I got to find a couple worth buying the juice for. My wife and kids love the new smell of me and the fact I don't disapear outside for so much time. I've had an analog here and there, and always put them out after a couple drags. They just feel nasty now. That is amazing to me after smoking for 20 years.
:confused:Amazing little devices, arent they?

Smoking Marlboro Reds, patiently awaiting for my new goods.

Also made a nice order from Backwoods Brew. Their site is down today so they can catch up on orders, but they get a lot of rave reviews and they've got some pretty interesting liquids there.

Red - Doesn't taste anything like a Marlboro red. It kind of has a peanut butter flavor to it. I could see it being an all-day kind of product. I'm enjoying it, and the vapor production is excellent.
Stupid question probably, but if I order cartomizers from Bloog will they work with my V4L unit? Red is something I want to try. I'm having some ups/downs with my VFL cartomizers. Hilton is the only one that has provided the consistent throat/lung hit for me although I've dabbled in novelty flavors. Unfortunately, while the LH/TH is best with Hilton I just don't like the taste vs. novelty flavors. I think I'll have better success with a novelty flavor if I can find one that packs a punch, because other tobacco flavors will always lose out vs. my normal cigarette brand flavor. Also I'll agree with Wingnut that I'm not seeing the point in using a tobacco flavor at all, if I can get the same nicotine/TH with something that actually tastes pleasant. Ranked in order of prefilled V4L cartos tried:1. Hilton: Not a fan of the taste, but solid TH/LH2. Wow Kiwi-Apple-Strawberry: Thrown in as a freebie with my order and had the best TH of any novelty flavor so far... however really opened my mind to alternative flavors.3. Butterscotch: Another thrown in freebie, I think I could get into a rich taste like this but noticeably weaker TH4. RY4: Ok taste/TH but again noticeably weaker than Hilton.5. Kant: Ditto6. Pina Colada: Again a fan of the taste but noticeably lighter TH. 7. 555: As unsatisfying as breathing air.I've been going with 18 mg which I thought would be fine since I smoke Camel Lights, but I've sneaked a couple real cigs and got noticeable more nicotine hit than 18 mg cartos. It's a little disappointing. I'm torn whether to move up to 24 mg at the risk of worsening nicotine addiction but OTOH I want an ecig reward that doesn't make me want to sneak a real cig every time opportunity presents. I'm a little intimidated about buying larger amounts of a flavor, and filling blanks. I'm sure I could figure it out but not sure that its worth the hassel when I haven't found my flavor yet. However, I read Wingnut's Feb 4 post on adjusting VG/PG and I might need to go that route eventually. Short term goal for me is getting to 100% ecig by 2/25 when I go off for a guy's weekend. If anyone has some ultra strong chocolate and/or coffee flavor suggestions I'm all ears.

Red - Doesn't taste anything like a Marlboro red. It kind of has a peanut butter flavor to it. I could see it being an all-day kind of product. I'm enjoying it, and the vapor production is excellent.
Stupid question probably, but if I order cartomizers from Bloog will they work with my V4L unit? Red is something I want to try. I'm having some ups/downs with my VFL cartomizers. Hilton is the only one that has provided the consistent throat/lung hit for me although I've dabbled in novelty flavors. Unfortunately, while the LH/TH is best with Hilton I just don't like the taste vs. novelty flavors. I think I'll have better success with a novelty flavor if I can find one that packs a punch, because other tobacco flavors will always lose out vs. my normal cigarette brand flavor. Also I'll agree with Wingnut that I'm not seeing the point in using a tobacco flavor at all, if I can get the same nicotine/TH with something that actually tastes pleasant. Ranked in order of prefilled V4L cartos tried:1. Hilton: Not a fan of the taste, but solid TH/LH2. Wow Kiwi-Apple-Strawberry: Thrown in as a freebie with my order and had the best TH of any novelty flavor so far... however really opened my mind to alternative flavors.3. Butterscotch: Another thrown in freebie, I think I could get into a rich taste like this but noticeably weaker TH4. RY4: Ok taste/TH but again noticeably weaker than Hilton.5. Kant: Ditto6. Pina Colada: Again a fan of the taste but noticeably lighter TH. 7. 555: As unsatisfying as breathing air.I've been going with 18 mg which I thought would be fine since I smoke Camel Lights, but I've sneaked a couple real cigs and got noticeable more nicotine hit than 18 mg cartos. It's a little disappointing. I'm torn whether to move up to 24 mg at the risk of worsening nicotine addiction but OTOH I want an ecig reward that doesn't make me want to sneak a real cig every time opportunity presents. I'm a little intimidated about buying larger amounts of a flavor, and filling blanks. I'm sure I could figure it out but not sure that its worth the hassel when I haven't found my flavor yet. However, I read Wingnut's Feb 4 post on adjusting VG/PG and I might need to go that route eventually. Short term goal for me is getting to 100% ecig by 2/25 when I go off for a guy's weekend. If anyone has some ultra strong chocolate and/or coffee flavor suggestions I'm all ears.
I'm no expert, but stick with the 18mg and just "vape" the f out of them if you need/want too. The more I vape, the less, I really "need" too. It's incredible! Then cut back to the 11mgs later. I'm thinking the best part of it all is you can "vape" all you fn want/need and cut back on the nicotine level as you are ready. I was also thinking the 18mgs are not strong enough, but I just vape some more, and I'm all good. I can't wait to cut back on the vitamin "N...icotine" more in the next couple of weeks.

Not a stupid question, but I did answer it a couple of posts ago...lol...the answer is yes, the V4L and Bloog parts are all interchangeable, from carts to chargers.I started with 18mg and moved up to 24mg, I get more throat hit with the higher nicotine level, and I seem to only take a few hits every so often, so I think Im puffing less with the higher nic.Im not actually mixing my own juice yet, but have used glycerin to cut some really strong 36mg juice I got. Its my heaviest hitter, but I wish I would have ordered it with some sort of flavor...its kinda mediciney, but huge TH and good vapor. Im going to order Caramel Tobacco from bluemist, $30 for 180ml is too good to pass up, IMO. Should last me a couple months if not more.Im finding some of the V4L cart reviews strange, as Ive yet to get a bad one in about 35 or so carts...yes, some flavors are weaker in taste, TH, and/or vapor than others, but the RY4 Ive been smoking is pretty tasty and a good TH/vapor producer (cool cart 18mg). I also like the V4L cappuccino cool carts, although I think Ill try 24mg next time as the TH is sometimes lacking a little bit. Ive been refilling with V4L premium cappuccino 18mg juice and really like it. So far my favorite juices have been Freedom Juice and Torque from Halo. Both are fantastic.

Sounds like your experience is exactly the same as mine. I ordered some blank cartos, and some juice from bluemist. Everything should arrive today. I did go ahead and bump up from the 18mg to 24mg, and also ordered the "extra flavor" option for my juice. I'll post my reviews about ease of filling the cartos, and results on the juice over the the next few days.

Since I don't smoke much I'm still on the first cappachino cartos I received. I guess I started with a good one because the hits are nice although it seems I sometimes need a second drag right after the first to get a good TH. How much of a drag should one be taking. I'm takeing a drag at least 3x longer than I would an analog. Sign of an underperforming cartos, battery, nicotine level (18mg) or just the norm for some?

Also, I'm going to go the refil route once I find a couple I like. I'm assuming you should only refil cartos with the same flavor they formerly had as to not mix flavors?

Isn't the bloog cartomizer supposed to be much better than the V4L and a big part of the improved experience over the V4L? Or am I misunderstanding?
I think it's the carto/battery combo that supposedly provides the "punch." I'd think you'd want the Bloog battery and the cartos to get the full effect, but the cartos are probably more responsible for the overall experience than the battery.

Not a stupid question, but I did answer it a couple of posts ago...lol...the answer is yes, the V4L and Bloog parts are all interchangeable, from carts to chargers.I started with 18mg and moved up to 24mg, I get more throat hit with the higher nicotine level, and I seem to only take a few hits every so often, so I think Im puffing less with the higher nic.Im not actually mixing my own juice yet, but have used glycerin to cut some really strong 36mg juice I got. Its my heaviest hitter, but I wish I would have ordered it with some sort of flavor...its kinda mediciney, but huge TH and good vapor. Im going to order Caramel Tobacco from bluemist, $30 for 180ml is too good to pass up, IMO. Should last me a couple months if not more.Im finding some of the V4L cart reviews strange, as Ive yet to get a bad one in about 35 or so carts...yes, some flavors are weaker in taste, TH, and/or vapor than others, but the RY4 Ive been smoking is pretty tasty and a good TH/vapor producer (cool cart 18mg). I also like the V4L cappuccino cool carts, although I think Ill try 24mg next time as the TH is sometimes lacking a little bit. Ive been refilling with V4L premium cappuccino 18mg juice and really like it. So far my favorite juices have been Freedom Juice and Torque from Halo. Both are fantastic.
I have some Bluemist Caramel Tobacco en route (30 ml) in addition to 3 other flavors (10 ml). Also ordered 5 tobacco flavors in 15 ml size from Vapor Station yesterday, so I'll eventually review those. I still have 2-3 flavors from my first order I haven't sampled yet.I think my favorite juice yet is Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions. Terrific stuff. 100% VG so the throat hit isn't as strong as the Bloog pre-filled cartos, but it's good enough, and the flavor is terrific. Like unlit tobacco but with an undefined sweet note to it. You find yourself just wanting to go back to it again and again.

Sounds like your experience is exactly the same as mine. I ordered some blank cartos, and some juice from bluemist. Everything should arrive today. I did go ahead and bump up from the 18mg to 24mg, and also ordered the "extra flavor" option for my juice. I'll post my reviews about ease of filling the cartos, and results on the juice over the the next few days.
I've filled using both the drip method and the condom method. I ordered some syringes yesterday and am going to try filling that way when they arrive to see if it's cleaner and easier. Both drip and condom method waste a bit of juice and can be slightly messy. Condom method is faster for me.

Stupid question probably, but if I order cartomizers from Bloog will they work with my V4L unit? Red is something I want to try. I'm having some ups/downs with my VFL cartomizers. Hilton is the only one that has provided the consistent throat/lung hit for me although I've dabbled in novelty flavors. Unfortunately, while the LH/TH is best with Hilton I just don't like the taste vs. novelty flavors. I think I'll have better success with a novelty flavor if I can find one that packs a punch, because other tobacco flavors will always lose out vs. my normal cigarette brand flavor. Also I'll agree with Wingnut that I'm not seeing the point in using a tobacco flavor at all, if I can get the same nicotine/TH with something that actually tastes pleasant. Ranked in order of prefilled V4L cartos tried:

1. Hilton: Not a fan of the taste, but solid TH/LH

2. Wow Kiwi-Apple-Strawberry: Thrown in as a freebie with my order and had the best TH of any novelty flavor so far... however really opened my mind to alternative flavors.

3. Butterscotch: Another thrown in freebie, I think I could get into a rich taste like this but noticeably weaker TH

4. RY4: Ok taste/TH but again noticeably weaker than Hilton.

5. Kant: Ditto

6. Pina Colada: Again a fan of the taste but noticeably lighter TH.

7. 555: As unsatisfying as breathing air.

I've been going with 18 mg which I thought would be fine since I smoke Camel Lights, but I've sneaked a couple real cigs and got noticeable more nicotine hit than 18 mg cartos. It's a little disappointing. I'm torn whether to move up to 24 mg at the risk of worsening nicotine addiction but OTOH I want an ecig reward that doesn't make me want to sneak a real cig every time opportunity presents.

I'm a little intimidated about buying larger amounts of a flavor, and filling blanks. I'm sure I could figure it out but not sure that its worth the hassel when I haven't found my flavor yet. However, I read Wingnut's Feb 4 post on adjusting VG/PG and I might need to go that route eventually.

Short term goal for me is getting to 100% ecig by 2/25 when I go off for a guy's weekend. If anyone has some ultra strong chocolate and/or coffee flavor suggestions I'm all ears.
I've filled using both the drip method and the condom method. I ordered some syringes yesterday and am going to try filling that way when they arrive to see if it's cleaner and easier. Both drip and condom method waste a bit of juice and can be slightly messy. Condom method is faster for me.
After watching a youtube vid, that's the route I'm taking. Seems simple.

Since I don't smoke much I'm still on the first cappachino cartos I received. I guess I started with a good one because the hits are nice although it seems I sometimes need a second drag right after the first to get a good TH. How much of a drag should one be taking. I'm takeing a drag at least 3x longer than I would an analog. Sign of an underperforming cartos, battery, nicotine level (18mg) or just the norm for some?

Also, I'm going to go the refil route once I find a couple I like. I'm assuming you should only refil cartos with the same flavor they formerly had as to not mix flavors?
Sounds about right. I've found the best vapor production/throat hit comes when you don't force it. At least with the Bloog, if you pull on it HARD, it seems to be counter-productive. A nice gentle, consistent 5-7 second draw provides plumes of vapor and intense throat hit. Start with that and back off until you find your sweet spot (3-4 seconds for me.)

Stupid question probably, but if I order cartomizers from Bloog will they work with my V4L unit? Red is something I want to try. I'm having some ups/downs with my VFL cartomizers. Hilton is the only one that has provided the consistent throat/lung hit for me although I've dabbled in novelty flavors. Unfortunately, while the LH/TH is best with Hilton I just don't like the taste vs. novelty flavors. I think I'll have better success with a novelty flavor if I can find one that packs a punch, because other tobacco flavors will always lose out vs. my normal cigarette brand flavor. Also I'll agree with Wingnut that I'm not seeing the point in using a tobacco flavor at all, if I can get the same nicotine/TH with something that actually tastes pleasant. Ranked in order of prefilled V4L cartos tried:

1. Hilton: Not a fan of the taste, but solid TH/LH

2. Wow Kiwi-Apple-Strawberry: Thrown in as a freebie with my order and had the best TH of any novelty flavor so far... however really opened my mind to alternative flavors.

3. Butterscotch: Another thrown in freebie, I think I could get into a rich taste like this but noticeably weaker TH

4. RY4: Ok taste/TH but again noticeably weaker than Hilton.

5. Kant: Ditto

6. Pina Colada: Again a fan of the taste but noticeably lighter TH.

7. 555: As unsatisfying as breathing air.

I've been going with 18 mg which I thought would be fine since I smoke Camel Lights, but I've sneaked a couple real cigs and got noticeable more nicotine hit than 18 mg cartos. It's a little disappointing. I'm torn whether to move up to 24 mg at the risk of worsening nicotine addiction but OTOH I want an ecig reward that doesn't make me want to sneak a real cig every time opportunity presents.

I'm a little intimidated about buying larger amounts of a flavor, and filling blanks. I'm sure I could figure it out but not sure that its worth the hassel when I haven't found my flavor yet. However, I read Wingnut's Feb 4 post on adjusting VG/PG and I might need to go that route eventually.

Short term goal for me is getting to 100% ecig by 2/25 when I go off for a guy's weekend. If anyone has some ultra strong chocolate and/or coffee flavor suggestions I'm all ears.
After watching a youtube vid, that's the route I'm taking. Seems simple.
It is pretty simple. It does usually leave a couple drops of juice in the "condom" and more on the outside of the carto, so you need to wipe the carto down and clean off the battery end of it after finishing, then rinse out the condom (if you're going to put it back on the carto or fill another carto with a different flavor you don't want to mix with what you just filled.) Make sure also to blow through it and clear the center tube before putting it back on a battery. Also, I wouldn't try to vape a carto immediately after filling with this method. It takes a little time for all the juice to seep into the filler material, so I'd lay it down after filling and wiping, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes (and ideally closer to 30) before vaping it, otherwise, you may get juice in your mouth and in the center tube.Drip method is less waste/mess and fewer steps, but requires more patience. It takes a lot longer. I'm hoping using the syringe will be the best way yet. You can measure out the amount of juice you want to use up front, inject it into the filler material so the carto fills from the bottom up, and no mess. I just have to hope the needle fits into the drip hole in the top of the juice bottles, otherwise, I'm going to have to transfer all my juice to non drip-top bottles.

:bowtie: Can't wait to hear. It's reassuring that someone else is in the same boat as me, so maybe something that works for you will work for me. Hopefully people aren't discouraged by my experience so far. I'm still feeling confident on making the transition and it has significantly cut down on my cigarette reliance already... so that's great. Frankly, I'm feeling like it's silly for me to be overly worried about increasing nicotine intake if it will serve to get me off smokes. Even if I become a total slave to ecigs for the rest of my life, I'll still have won the war. The alternative is dicking around with low nicotine levels, being unfulfilled, and having a safer lifestyle option lose out. I don't care about cost of an ecig habit, and at this point I'm not even looking at it necessarily as a stepping stone to get off nicotine completely. Yeah, great if it comes to that, but I want to get off of regular smokes completely, and that's my only immediate goal.

On all the drop bottles I have, the top comes off with a twist and pull...I'm going the syringe route as well. Blank short cartos hold 1ml of juice (1.5 for the longer ones). Should make filling faster and cleaner.

Thanks to Evilgrin, and others in this thread, I just ordered a starter kit from Bloog. I hope it works. I went with the 16mg Reds to test this process out and see if it's for me. Thanks for all of the information, EG72.

Quick question for the users in here: How long does each cart last? And does it make sense to buy blanks if I decide to stay with it? Obviously, I'd love to have this be much cheaper than the analog habit (I really love the "analog" moniker).

Oh, and I found an 11% promo code online that worked for me. BL3456ELVN.

:fingerscrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread