What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

Hey guys,

Who here is using what mods? I'm really tired of recharging and refilling carts all the time and am ready to go tank or drip tip. I'm hoping not to spend a bunch and will use the mod as my daily 'work from home' unit, keep the pass thru for the vehicle and use the XL's while out and about.

I'm thinking variable voltage. Is there benefits or do you end up just staying at your preferred voltage anyway?

Drip? Tank?

510? 901?

Have any of you adapted your mod to use the abundance of 808 carts you've built up?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, i don't remember the actual date but i think i just had my year anniversary analog free. :excited: Well besides trying one here and there to remember how crappy they really are!!
I have four mods right now. I have my buzz pro and reo grande. I also have a 5 volt box mod and 3.7 volt box I built both with a kit from madvapes. If you want to try something economic than check them out. The 3.7 cost 7 bucks and the 5 volt box cost me 15. They are between 20 and 30 if you get them pre-built. They also have a variable voltage kit, I haven't got one yet, but it's probably on the horizon.Variable voltage is great because you can use just about any resistance atomizer with them.

I mostly drip, but also have a CE2 map tank and a Dual coil cartomizer tank. The Ce2 tank is kind of a pain. the DCC tank is much easier and gets really good vapor. Also, the Dual coils can work from 3.7v up to 6 volts. I prefer it around 4.7 volts (which makes variable voltage really necessary).

Pretty much everything I use is 510 connection.

mods- Buzz Pro with DCC tank, Reo Grand, 3.7 box with 306 drip cup adapter

5 volt box mod
Gun to your head, you can keep only one mod - the REO or the Buzz Pro, which are you keeping? Trying to decide whether or not to get a Buzz for Xmas...
Probably the Reo Grand. I didn't touch it for a while after I got my buzz. As soon as I got the 3v batteries to stack and run it at 6 volts it has been my go to mod.
Okay, how about explain this to me like I just need a list of parts. What kind of batteries do you use in a Reo Grand for stacking? And what sort of atomizer will I need to get?
You'll need at least 2 rcr123a lifepo4 3.2 volt batteries. Youll probably want more to rotate them. Aw is the best, but I've got a cheaper pair from madvapes. You'll also need a 3 volt charger if you current charger doesn't have a 3 volt switch. Madvapes has a kit that comes with 2 batteries and a charger for like $17. That's what I've got now.I really like this set up with a 3.5 ohm Ikenvape i06 atomizer. It's a 306 but slightly bigger. You can really use any 306 or 510 atomizer with a resistance between 2.5 ohms to 3.5 ohms depending on how hot you like it.

'Tecumseh said:
Juice review: Chocolate Peppermint from V4L kicks ###.
I tried Chocolate Mint from Alien Visions and it was pretty mild... how is the TH in the V4L product? I'm in deep depression that V4L has apparently discontinued Chocolate Banana Cool Carts and both Wow/Premium Cafe Mocha juice. :o If anyone has a suggestion on a different brand Cafe Mocha that packs a bit of a TH punch, I'm all ears.I am really loving the Bloog carts. :thumbup:
I think those were some of the higher rated flavors, no?
They were definitely highly rated by me. Losing Chocolate Banana Cool Carts is like losing an old friend... the one mainstay flavor that really bought me into this. Oddly, they do sell the juice for the flavor but it is not even remotely close to the cartomizer flavor... it tastes fermented and twangy with almost no chocolate flavor. Cafe Mocha is equally puzzling. Such a great juice; it was even stronger than the prefilled carts and my bloog carts could be refilled for weeks on that juice without cart failure. Why they would discontinue these flavors is mystifying to me.

Okay, how about explain this to me like I just need a list of parts. What kind of batteries do you use in a Reo Grand for stacking? And what sort of atomizer will I need to get?
You'll need at least 2 rcr123a lifepo4 3.2 volt batteries. Youll probably want more to rotate them. Aw is the best, but I've got a cheaper pair from madvapes. You'll also need a 3 volt charger if you current charger doesn't have a 3 volt switch. Madvapes has a kit that comes with 2 batteries and a charger for like $17. That's what I've got now.I really like this set up with a 3.5 ohm Ikenvape i06 atomizer. It's a 306 but slightly bigger. You can really use any 306 or 510 atomizer with a resistance between 2.5 ohms to 3.5 ohms depending on how hot you like it.
batteries and charger kit

Yea, im pissed at v4l. no mocha, every order has multiple items missing, that they replace with different strengths and credit me. which im glad i get the credit, but I dont even know how much I have, and would rather just get what i order.

Maybe I'll just contact china and start selling. I think vaping is going to take off.

batteries and charger kit
Awesome! Thank you sir!

V4L has opened up a storefront about 25 miles from my house. Interesting. This could work out well if my Reo broke or I ran out of juice or something.

For those who have been waiting for a good sale to invest in a starter kit... 40% off at Vapor4Life if you order by 3PM CST.

Promo Code: BEATCLOCK2

11:00AM-3:00PM 40% off everything

3:00PM-7:00PM 37% off

7:00PM-11:00PM 35% off

Next 25 hours 32% off

We need to keep this thread going guys!

I've been DIY'ing and think after this year, when I have time, I'll make some samples of my juices available for shipping only.

So far my favorites have been a green apple menthol, Hawaiian Punch menthol, Ry4 and a hazelnut belgian waffle.

Also just bought a battery box and parts to make myself a variable voltage 2x 18650 mod with a voltage indicator.

Yep, I owe a lot to this thread. I'm completely off analogs and mostly off of the e-cigs now, after 10+ months. I've been on 0 nicotine for a couple of months and now just hit the e-cig for the taste.

These things are a godsend and I thank everyone who contributed in this thread.

But, yes... Keep it going, especially now with the New Year coming up and resolutions and such.

I simply can't imagine an easier way to quit smoking exists. It truly was painless.

Yep, I owe a lot to this thread.
My life has changed dramatically for the better as a result of this thread. It's a shame it is less active although it is a testament to the ecig I think that once guys got over the hump, it stated becoming mundane (to them). I have had countless opportunities to sneak cigarettes since February 13 and truly have no desire. Prior to that, I'd literally lie awake at night wondering how I could ever quit cigs. I do still ecig frequently, and have not given much thought to quitting or even changing nic levels. I like it.

I'm still rockin 'n' rollin with these things. Just went down to 6mg a couple weeks ago, and so far so good (tho I do kinda miss the higher nicotine juices). Fell off the wagon a couple of times due to not being adequately supplied and a couple of mods crapping out simultaneously, but all has been well for a quite a while. I even work in a club where hundreds upon hundreds of cigarettes are being smoked every night.

Thought I'd quit entirely but a couple of traumatic events later and I'm glad I've still got some active ecigs. Been on 0-nic for months, and at this point batts which used to almost last me a day last over a week. Stevie's right--it was virtually automatic and painless. Can't thank you guys enough! :cool:

3 weeks from now will be a year for me...although I've smoked a few packs of cigs over the last month or so, usually when I'm on the road at night.

Congrats to everyone who has had positive results!!!

Wow, great Beat the Clock sale with Vapor4Life today:

42% off from 11AM-5PM today

38% off from 5PM-11PM today

34% off from 11PM tonight-11AM 12/31

Promo Code BEATCLOCK5 (i.e. ending with a five, not an S)

I'm definitely loading up on juices and new batteries.

Promised the wife I would stop again, this time for good, so I figured I would give these a try with the hope that it just helped we get through the first week or so and after that I should be good. I have to admit that they make quiting easy. Haven't even desired a smoke since I had this (got it Dec 31). And not for nothing, but being able to "smoke" in my house, sitting on my sofa watching TV is awesome. HAven't been able to do that since college.

Though I do wonder if I vape more than I smoked in terms of nicotine intake. Don't even know how to measure that. The biggest benefit of this though is driving. In the car a lot going to court all over NJ and always had to smoke on those trips. This has taken care of that. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Thought I'd quit entirely but a couple of traumatic events later and I'm glad I've still got some active ecigs. Been on 0-nic for months, and at this point batts which used to almost last me a day last over a week. Stevie's right--it was virtually automatic and painless. Can't thank you guys enough! :cool:
That is awesome, glumpy (and Steevie)!!

'Tecumseh said:
Anyone have a V4L coupon code, aside from the roulette 28%? I don't want to spend $85...
Nope, Roulette 28% is the only one I see. I'll post if I get a different email. I loaded up last week on 42% off! That was insane. BTW- I should not say this because I plan to buy them all, but V4L has Chocolate Banana Cool Carts back on the shelf. Better place your orders before I do.

'Tecumseh said:
Anyone have a V4L coupon code, aside from the roulette 28%? I don't want to spend $85...
Nope, Roulette 28% is the only one I see. I'll post if I get a different email. I loaded up last week on 42% off! That was insane. BTW- I should not say this because I plan to buy them all, but V4L has Chocolate Banana Cool Carts back on the shelf. Better place your orders before I do.
The code still gave me the discount, I just didn't qualify for the giveaway.I hit that 42% off sale for a couple of new batts and a USB passthru. Just didn't realize how low I was on juice.

Still no setbacks since last Feb. Gone 10 days without anything while on vacation (and I had my ecig with me) with no probs. Don't ever think about smoking a real cig anymore. I can safely say that I'll either keep vaping or do nothing at all. I just want to tell everyone I see smoking about this much better alternative. If I were a smoker I wouldn't even look at it as a means to quit real cigs. It's better in every way than cig smoking to begin with.

Like someone said before, being able to vape while watching football on the couch is something I never did before. And now with my new iPhone I never have to leave the couch. :scared:

Just boiled my carts for the first time. Seemed to do the trick. I used to tell myself on my way to work that the best thing I could possibly do for myself was to quit smoking and now that's done. Too bad the guy who has a shop in the center of town doesn't offer anything other than the v4l type batteries. Really no reason to go there instead of ordering online. It would be nice if he had Ego type stuff. Wish it was kind of a head-shop but for ecigs. If it were I'm sure I'd be using something else right now.

A place just opened in the center of town where one can roll their own cigs for half the price of a reg. carton. Was surprised they didn't have any ecigs. It's just a matter of people accepting them as something other than a fad/novelty and realize the health/cost benefits. I've never seen anyone else using one of these things. I've been asked about it when I use it and people are familiar with it

Still no setbacks since last Feb. Gone 10 days without anything while on vacation (and I had my ecig with me) with no probs. Don't ever think about smoking a real cig anymore. I can safely say that I'll either keep vaping or do nothing at all. I just want to tell everyone I see smoking about this much better alternative. If I were a smoker I wouldn't even look at it as a means to quit real cigs. It's better in every way than cig smoking to begin with.
I'm jealous of this. I've been having wicked cig cravings for the past few weeks. I was thisclose to smoking on NYE when one of my batteries bit the dust, and the other wasn't charged.

Like someone said before, being able to vape while watching football on the couch is something I never did before. And now with my new iPhone I never have to leave the couch. :scared:

Just boiled my carts for the first time. Seemed to do the trick. I used to tell myself on my way to work that the best thing I could possibly do for myself was to quit smoking and now that's done. Too bad the guy who has a shop in the center of town doesn't offer anything other than the v4l type batteries. Really no reason to go there instead of ordering online. It would be nice if he had Ego type stuff. Wish it was kind of a head-shop but for ecigs. If it were I'm sure I'd be using something else right now.

A place just opened in the center of town where one can roll their own cigs for half the price of a reg. carton. Was surprised they didn't have any ecigs. It's just a matter of people accepting them as something other than a fad/novelty and realize the health/cost benefits. I've never seen anyone else using one of these things. I've been asked about it when I use it and people are familiar with it
Congratulations and a great post. I've never seen anyone else using one either and I've wondered if a storefront place that sold just these could make any money. Here in the South there are still a lot of smokers and if you could show them a good product and a variety of products I think you might be able to do ok.

But anyway, from 1 210er to another, :clap: :hifive:

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations and a great post. I've never seen anyone else using one either and I've wondered if a storefront place that sold just these could make any money. Here in the South there are still a lot of smokers and if you could show them a good product and a variety of products I think you might be able to do ok.

But anyway, from 1 210er to another, :clap: :hifive:
Stevie- Where are you, Lawrenceville?

I'm closer to Grayson, but have a Loganville mailing address.
Gotcha. There's a couple local tobacco stores that sell juice, if needed. One on Sugarloaf Pkwy near the Gwinnett County Fairground, and one in Discover Mills.I'm up near Chateau Elan.

I'm closer to Grayson, but have a Loganville mailing address.
Gotcha. There's a couple local tobacco stores that sell juice, if needed. One on Sugarloaf Pkwy near the Gwinnett County Fairground, and one in Discover Mills.I'm up near Chateau Elan.
Howdy neighbor. I've been to the one on Sugarloaf. They were good in a pinch, but kinda expensive and a very small selection. It's got a hooka room and everything. I'd never seen one of those in person. I haven't been in Discovery Mills in a while. I've been to Bass Pro a time or two lately but didn't go in the mall.

Well, I got so fed up with the v4l type batts and cartos I finally broke down and got an Ego-T (type B). I just got it in the mail and have taken about 10 puff from it. I'm so glad I did this. The v4l batts would have continued to be fine if the batteries lasted longer. I think I was wasting a lot of juice trying to get old cartos to come through for me. I was sick of buying new carts and figured I'd treat myself seeing it's been almost a year. This eGo-T seems like a quality product and it cost 10 bucks less than the v4l starter kit I got last year.

When I was looking to upgrade I was so overwhelmed by all the varieties out there but finally said the hell with it and got the one I saw a lot of people recommending and if there was a learning curve, so be it. There is no learning curve. The only thing different is you fill a little tank with e-juice, slap it in the atomizer and screw it on to the batt.

It's going to be nice to not have to go back and forth with batteries and cartos on a football Sunday.

Well, I got so fed up with the v4l type batts and cartos I finally broke down and got an Ego-T (type B). I just got it in the mail and have taken about 10 puff from it. I'm so glad I did this. The v4l batts would have continued to be fine if the batteries lasted longer. I think I was wasting a lot of juice trying to get old cartos to come through for me. I was sick of buying new carts and figured I'd treat myself seeing it's been almost a year. This eGo-T seems like a quality product and it cost 10 bucks less than the v4l starter kit I got last year.When I was looking to upgrade I was so overwhelmed by all the varieties out there but finally said the hell with it and got the one I saw a lot of people recommending and if there was a learning curve, so be it. There is no learning curve. The only thing different is you fill a little tank with e-juice, slap it in the atomizer and screw it on to the batt. It's going to be nice to not have to go back and forth with batteries and cartos on a football Sunday.
From one eGo-T afficionado to another: :thumbup: I have felt like I was the only one active in this thread using the system since I think gadabout changed out. My impression from videos of different systems and mods was that my eGo-T was not as vaporous as many others, and I know after trying the V4L juices in the tanks that they bit more than the Wicked Vapors I was using--and ended up preferring the Wicked Vapors anyway, so maybe I just was good with milder. The girl I set up with extra eGo-T setups and all my V4L juices is still doing well with it, and those juices do seem to produce more vapor as well as hit. On the good side, from a 40 year smoker, the system has worked for me. No cigs in 9 months and no nic in 5. Almost no ecigs now but I'll keep 'em handy. Good Luck with them.

Does anyone have the current V4L Family discount code? I was subscribed with an email addy I cant access anymore...I just signed up under a new email but I need to place an order this weekend.

Thanks

Does anyone have the current V4L Family discount code? I was subscribed with an email addy I cant access anymore...I just signed up under a new email but I need to place an order this weekend.Thanks
The latest I see is JAN20 up to $60, JAN25 from $60-$150 and JAN30 at $150+.

Does anyone have the current V4L Family discount code? I was subscribed with an email addy I cant access anymore...I just signed up under a new email but I need to place an order this weekend.Thanks
FRIDAY28 for >$100FRIDAY18 for <$100
Yeah thanks man...I got that email Friday but Im looking for the Family Plan code, which is always a few points better than the regular sale...ETA: Actually my order total is $96, Ill just add something else to put it over 100 and Ill get a good enough discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge V4L 'beat the clock' sale...

45% off all orders place before 1:00 PM CST (45 minutes left)

40% off all orders placed between 1:00-3:00 CST

36% off all orders placed between 3:00-11:00 CST

32% off any order after 11:00 PM thru 11:00 AM 11/21

Code BEATCLOCK6

Tomorrow is 1 year for me. I decided to celebrate by getting the ego-T. I hated the tank-atomizer setup (only really works with non-vg juice) so I got myself the Volcano Tube Tank. So glad I did this. Makes me feel like when I first started vaping. I was holding onto the old batteries and cartos for too long. Don't really know where ego is going with their tank-atmoizer thing. I thought it was totally going to rock but it wound up just being a messy pain.

1 year for me last week. Still rolling along with my 3 808 batteries/cartos for work and the REO Grand at home. Running it at 6V with twin CR123A batteries (thanks Trogg) and 3.0 Cisco spec 306 atties.

My brother has gone off the deep end. Not only does he own 6 mods of his own, he's now becoming a mod builder himself. First prototype is being built as we speak - The Viper will be a variable voltage wooden box mod bottom feeder. Think the REO Woodvil, but with variable voltage. I'll link you guys to the site when it's up and running.

Tomorrow is 1 year for me. I decided to celebrate by getting the ego-T. I hated the tank-atomizer setup (only really works with non-vg juice) so I got myself the Volcano Tube Tank. So glad I did this. Makes me feel like when I first started vaping. I was holding onto the old batteries and cartos for too long. Don't really know where ego is going with their tank-atmoizer thing. I thought it was totally going to rock but it wound up just being a messy pain.
Is that just a cartomizer with holes punched in it on the insides? Or is it something like this?

Is that just a cartomizer with holes punched in it on the insides? Or is it something like this?
It's just a cartomizer with holes punched in it. If it works as well then what you linked looks likes a better choice. Half the price and you don't have to buy replacements.

Been using mine since roughly Christmas. No intention of ever having a real cigarette again. When I smell them now I want to vomit.

How much juice are you regular vapers going through? I'm certain that I'm on the high side, but I'm at about 15ml per week of 11mg juice.

Been using mine since roughly Christmas. No intention of ever having a real cigarette again. When I smell them now I want to vomit.
You'll get past that. It doesn't bother me any more to join the contractors on the smoking deck when they break. Of course I don't stand downwind!

1 year for me last week. Still rolling along with my 3 808 batteries/cartos for work and the REO Grand at home. Running it at 6V with twin CR123A batteries (thanks Trogg) and 3.0 Cisco spec 306 atties.My brother has gone off the deep end. Not only does he own 6 mods of his own, he's now becoming a mod builder himself. First prototype is being built as we speak - The Viper will be a variable voltage wooden box mod bottom feeder. Think the REO Woodvil, but with variable voltage. I'll link you guys to the site when it's up and running.
REO has released a VV woodvils. It's not in stock right now.

1 year for me last week. Still rolling along with my 3 808 batteries/cartos for work and the REO Grand at home. Running it at 6V with twin CR123A batteries (thanks Trogg) and 3.0 Cisco spec 306 atties.My brother has gone off the deep end. Not only does he own 6 mods of his own, he's now becoming a mod builder himself. First prototype is being built as we speak - The Viper will be a variable voltage wooden box mod bottom feeder. Think the REO Woodvil, but with variable voltage. I'll link you guys to the site when it's up and running.
He actually sent me a picture of one a few minutes ago. I'm waiting for the VV Grand.

My one year will be this Tuesday. I'm mostly using my Grande, Buzz Pro and a new silver bullet. I picked up the SB in anticipation of getting a Kick from evolve. The Kick is a PCB booster the does variable wattage. I drop it in myod with a 3.7 volt battery and it will boost the voltage to my desired wattage. I've made a couple mods. I've had a third in the works for a couple months. I'm still waiting on the voltage indicator and I'll make a 2x18650 vv box.

I'm also making some of my own juice. PM me if you want a taste. I'll only ask you to cover shipping. My DIY is a mentholated Hawaiian Punch, RY4 w hazelnut, Grape punch, and a Belgian waffle with hazelnut, and a mentholated green apple.

He actually sent me a picture of one a few minutes ago. I'm waiting for the VV Grand.
If the kick works in the grand you won't need a VV grande. They should be getting released later this month. I think you just might need to grind off some of the anodized box in the battery compartment so the kick can make a ground. I'll probably give it a try since I'm planning on getting two. I think the will be about $40 each.

Users who are viewing this thread