What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eminem (1 Viewer)

Is Eminem one of the best/most interesting talents in rap?

• Yes

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • YesNo

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
underappreciated? Absolutely not in the area I was in when he was bringing out records. I was living in Cincinnati at the time that he brought out his records and everyone bought and loved them. Couldn't stand the crap myself but he certainly was never underappreciated. Don't hear much about him now but has he brought anything new out in awhile? I don't know since the rage here in Portland is political radio and I don't think I know one person who even likes rap out here.

bump as I've recently re-added Eminem to my ipod and can't seem to listen anything else right now. Still hoping he releases a new album before the end of the year:

Later that year, Interscope finally confirmed that a new Eminem album was being released and could possibly be in stores before the end of the year.[56] The announcement coincided with Eminem's September 2008 appearance on Shade 45 in which he said, "Right now I'm kinda just concentrating on my own stuff, for right now and just banging out tracks and producing a lot of stuff. You know, the more I keep producing the better it seems like I get 'cause I just start knowing stuff." Eminem had reportedly spent the last month in Florida working with Dr. Dre on the album.[57]

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to Eminem spit on his latest album...dude is just so good at what he does. No matter if he's your cup of tea or not, one has to appreciate the talent. Being white is just an added bonus of marketability, but it doesn't even matter anymore.

(search in iTunes under Bad Meets Evil as the artist name- give "Lighters" or "Fast Lane" a listen)

I just noticed on Google play he has a new album called SHADYXV out today.

His verse on Detroit vs Everybody is top notch. He makes an Adrian Peterson reference.

I hate to bump an Otis thread (hey gb) but Eminem is back, both his latest 2 songs are growing on me as they have that original Slim Shady vibe. Whole album drops this Friday :popcorn:

Friends don't let friends bump old Otis threads ;)

I hate to bump an Otis thread (hey gb) but Eminem is back, both his latest 2 songs are growing on me as they have that original Slim Shady vibe. Whole album drops this Friday :popcorn:

Friends don't let friends bump old Otis threads ;)
Who?

I've never really understood this, but it's always seemed to me like this guy doesn't get the credit he deserves for being an incredible rapper.

Guy is a genius.

He's clearly more intelligent than 95% of the rappers out there, just based on his vocabulary, the way he puts words together, his musical sensibilities in his rap, etc. His writing is so much more lyrical than anything else out there. And he just is more musical. His pronunciation and rhymes are intricate and interesting, his lines are funny and it's all really creative.

Is it just me, or is this guy the best thing that genre has to offer these days?

Oh, and IN before the first hater poster to come in here and tell us that some of the more "underground stuff" is way better. Yo yo.
I think this guy will have some staying power.

Anyone listen to the new album? I just got finished. I mostly enjoyed it. It's quite a story. There were some misses, but most of it was interesting. It starts funny and Slim-ish, then progresses and gets more serious. As (I guess) he moves on from Shady.

I've never really understood this, but it's always seemed to me like this guy doesn't get the credit he deserves for being an incredible rapper.

Guy is a genius.

He's clearly more intelligent than 95% of the rappers out there, just based on his vocabulary, the way he puts words together, his musical sensibilities in his rap, etc. His writing is so much more lyrical than anything else out there. And he just is more musical. His pronunciation and rhymes are intricate and interesting, his lines are funny and it's all really creative.

Is it just me, or is this guy the best thing that genre has to offer these days?

Oh, and IN before the first hater poster to come in here and tell us that some of the more "underground stuff" is way better. Yo yo.
I think this guy will have some staying power.
Time will tell

Anyone listen to the new album? I just got finished. I mostly enjoyed it. It's quite a story. There were some misses, but most of it was interesting. It starts funny and Slim-ish, then progresses and gets more serious. As (I guess) he moves on from Shady.
agreed, some absolute bangers and one or two duds

I like Eminem, but I don't see how anybody can say he's "underrated." Unless you also think Pink Floyd, the Stones, and the Beatles don't get enough credit.
Yeah I mean how platinum records and Grammys does one need before they are no longer underrated?

Just listed to it a few times on a loop while doing my yard work. Loved it all. Reminded me of his early work.

Idk I’m just so bored with him. The first single is ok but just a remake of an early 2000s song. Then a bunch of verses about how he doesn’t care if he gets cancelled, some shots at female rappers, more about his drug use and then the trite apology song to his daughter. I listened to about 80% of it and I’ll never play it again. He’s just a guy who never evolved musically.

Idk I’m just so bored with him. The first single is ok but just a remake of an early 2000s song. Then a bunch of verses about how he doesn’t care if he gets cancelled, some shots at female rappers, more about his drug use and then the trite apology song to his daughter. I listened to about 80% of it and I’ll never play it again. He’s just a guy who never evolved musically.
Spoken like a true Lebron fan :wink:

Spoken like a true Lebron fan :wink:
I’m right about him too!

Just listed to it a few times on a loop while doing my yard work. Loved it all. Reminded me of his early work.
:goodposting:

how the mighty have fallen that eminem is now must-listen music for trim work and shaping hedges for a bunch of white upper middle classers take that to the bank bromigos

nothing says tough like pulling on some cargo shorts calf height white socks black tennis shoes safety goggles and some barn gloves you got at the checkout line at home despot and firing up lose yourself while you get sweaty trying to pull start your 20 year old toro push mower that has needed a carburetor adjustment and a new spark plug for the last decade take that to the bank brohans

My age group (early 20s now) practically worshipped this guy when I was in high school and college and rightfully so. Sold a ton of records, had every white and black kid wanting to be like him, and had a very solid movie do very well. He also owned MTV for quite some time. I say he's gotten the "props" he's deserved.
Well look at this freaking guy.

My age group (early 20s now) practically worshipped this guy when I was in high school and college and rightfully so. Sold a ton of records, had every white and black kid wanting to be like him, and had a very solid movie do very well. He also owned MTV for quite some time. I say he's gotten the "props" he's deserved.
sounds like a nerd to me take that to the bank bromigos

sounds like a nerd to me take that to the bank bromigos
Yeah he's way cooler now.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I loved the “underground rapper yo yo” touch Otis left us with. A heart-rending work of staggering genius.

Too funny. Eminem’s schtick didn’t really age well other than introducing alter egos and their narratives to the mainstream, something I think Kool Keith had already been doing with Dr. Octagon. But Eminem’s wordplay is genius and legendary. His internal rhyme and meter is something else.

I loved the “underground rapper yo yo” touch Otis left us with. A heart-rending work of staggering genius.

Too funny. Eminem’s schtick didn’t really age well other than introducing alter egos and their narratives to the mainstream, something I think Kool Keith had already been doing with Dr. Octagon. But Eminem’s wordplay is genius and legendary. His internal rhyme and meter is something else.
Blue Flowers!

Users who are viewing this thread