What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

End of an Era in Philly? (1 Viewer)

Andy Ried has become the most predictable coach in the NFL. I believe both will be gone at season's end (please come home to Chicago, Donovan).

McNabb is certainly done in Philly.

Note Reid as "very questionable."

Mark it. :shrug:

Any questions Jeff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt anything will change soon. Looking forward to some more sugar-coated press conferences from the Phila front office. It's not just Reid & McNabb in a flat-spin here; it's the Eagles Executive Managemet / Leadership :X as well IMHO...

Doubt anything will change soon. Looking forward to some more sugar-coated press conferences from the Phila front office. It's not just Reid & McNabb in a flat-spin here; it's the Eagles Executive Managemet / Leadership :X as well IMHO...
Absolutely, without question.I certainly don't anticipate any moves or changes until the offseason. It's coming though. As Baretta would say, "you can take that to the bank."ETA: WIP radio will be buzzing "big-time" in Philly this week (and you thought last week was bad).Those guys are idiots though (on WIP).

From Andy Reid's press conference...he hasn't spoken to Donovan yet. He didn't even tell him at half time. He had someone else tell him. Classless on AR's part, imo.

It would have been real interesting if Kolb had come in and played well. He was Donavanesque, however.
Look who his coach is. What did you expect?Edut 'fer spelun...
More accurately, look at the black hole that is that backfield without Westy in there. They don't have much in the way of playmakers without Westy in the lineup, and it shows.
You've got that right. They have nothin' without him.

Being a life-long fan, you have to question Kolb's role with the team this week heading into today's game.

How was he integrated into the offense during the past weeks practices?

How much of the gameplan does he usually digest and was their an increase for him this week?

We heard nothing about Kolb taking first team reps. Not to mention, as Jonathan Joseph said about Philly, the playcalling was predictable, which gave the Ravens stellar defense even more wiggle room to throw the whole book at Kolb.

The one-dimensional offense we have in Philly is disheartening.

Being a life-long fan, you have to question Kolb's role with the team this week heading into today's game.

How was he integrated into the offense during the past weeks practices?

How much of the gameplan does he usually digest and was their an increase for him this week?

We heard nothing about Kolb taking first team reps. Not to mention, as Jonathan Joseph said about Philly, the playcalling was predictable, which gave the Ravens stellar defense even more wiggle room to throw the whole book at Kolb.

The onezero-dimensional offense we have in Philly is disheartening.
Fixed

It would have been real interesting if Kolb had come in and played well. He was Donavanesque, however.
More accurately, look at the black hole that is that backfield without Westy in there. They don't have much in the way of playmakers without Westy in the lineup, and it shows.
and that is why you dont give a 5 yr, $30 Million contract to a 30 yr old RB with 2 bad knees. Westy is done being a star and the eagles have wasted valuable $$$ on him. Instead of bringing in a playmaker at WR, they now have tens of millions invested in a over the hill RB, a mental dud of a QB, and a stale Head Coach. Any one decision doesnt look like a colossal mistake, but when you add them all together, the thing reaches a tipping point eventually

Andy Ried has become the most predictable coach in the NFL. I believe both will be gone at season's end (please come home to Chicago, Donovan).
I don't want that heartless SOB anywhere near a Chicago football field unless its as a alumni guest at a Mt Carmel Homecoming.Right now Kyle Orton is a better QB and that won't be changing over the remainder of their respective careers.

Things could really get ugly.

Andy Reid is on the mend.

McNabb is all but gone.

Westbrook is no longer a premier back.

Jon Runyan is all but gone.

Brian Dawkins is all but gone.

Add on to this.

Andy Reid has had too much power in this organization. Whomever said that he was stale is 100% right.

Kick him out of town. His time has run its course. Thank you for so much but good riddance. Good bye.

and that is why you dont give a 5 yr, $30 Million contract to a 30 yr old RB with 2 bad knees. Westy is done being a star and the eagles have wasted valuable $$$ on him. Instead of bringing in a playmaker at WR, they now have tens of millions invested in a over the hill RB, a mental dud of a QB, and a stale Head Coach. Any one decision doesnt look like a colossal mistake, but when you add them all together, the thing reaches a tipping point eventually
Well put. You're on the money. No pun intended.

Things could really get ugly.

Andy Reid is on the mend. He should be fired, he is too stale, too stubborn to change, the league caught up to him

McNabb is all but gone. Sadly he will be a scapegoat in this but he is havign mechanical problems that arent being fixed. Our position coaches are pretty much ###

Westbrook is no longer a premier back. He has been hurt the past 4 weeks about. Reid keeps running him, thining a 50% westy is better then a 100% buck. Trust me, all of philly been wanting Buck to get the ball more and Reid even said this week he will. 2 carries lol

Jon Runyan is all but gone. He still has some left in the tank but frankly poor drafting from Reid...whose gonna take his spot?Eagles O line i think giving up the fewest sacks in the league. McNabb coming into this game was getting sacked once every 28 passes.

Brian Dawkins is all but gone. Yes he is.

Add on to this.

Andy Reid has had too much power in this organization. Whomever said that he was stale is 100% right. Been the knock on him for years. He should have taken off the year his sons went bat #### nuts

Kick him out of town. His time has run its course. Thank you for so much but good riddance. Good bye.
Thoughts in boldKolb didnt look THAT good either. Granted he didnt know he was going in until he went in

Reid is a very overrated coach too. Blah blah blah 100 wins, look at the competition he went up against pre superbowl. It was horrendous in the East. He has wrong personel for the scheme he runs, doesnt adjust because he is too stubborn, really doesnt have great talent evaluation.

He is all about play action, deep pass, screen, gadget play. Thats it.

I agree. Watching the Eagles play calling is ridiculous. It's like watching a 50 year old boxer telegraphing his punches. The game has passed Reid by.

No argumet here that Westy is getting old & has health issues. However, I'm not sold that he is an over-the-hill RB when used as such... Is he an over-paid pass blocker / decoy as the Eagles seem to always use him as of late when they get behind? Then yeah, I'll agree... :blackdot: Love the "mental dud of a QB" comment BTW! :goodposting:

Philadelphia fans are an embarrassment

much like Packers fans calling for Favre to retire, Miami fans calling for Marino to retire, etc. you have forgotten what it's like to have a #### head coach or to be participating in the coaching carousel so you think it's easy to replace them.

i hope the front office fires Reid and you wind up with Jim Haslett

glllll

Philadelphia fans are an embarrassmentmuch like Packers fans calling for Favre to retire, Miami fans calling for Marino to retire, etc. you have forgotten what it's like to have a #### head coach or to be participating in the coaching carousel so you think it's easy to replace them.i hope the front office fires Reid and you wind up with Jim Haslettglllll
McNabb has led the Eagles to 3 straight last place finishes. He has turned the ball over 7 times in his last 1 1/2 games. What has Mcnabb/Reid done the last 4 years to warrant being 'untouchable'? Reid's last 4 seasons (since the SB) have been as bad or worse than Kotite or Rhodes.If Reid started in '05 as the Eagles head coach, would he still be 'untouchable'?ETA: it wasn't Eagles fans that spent their top draft pick in '07 on the next franchise QB. AR did that. Next season McNabb and his contract become expendable.

McNabb needs a fresh start...and so does Reid.

I really think Reid is the kind of coach that would help the Detroit Lions..build them up for 3-4 years then bring in another guy to finish,,if that is possible in Detroit.

Philadelphia fans are an embarrassmentmuch like Packers fans calling for Favre to retire, Miami fans calling for Marino to retire, etc. you have forgotten what it's like to have a #### head coach or to be participating in the coaching carousel so you think it's easy to replace them.i hope the front office fires Reid and you wind up with Jim Haslettglllll
Huh? Has nothing to do with Philadelphia fans. The way the Eagles are managed right now, they are lucky to STILL HAVE fans. Makes you wonder if they (Eagles Executives) are going to look to jump on the government bailout gravy-train...

McNabb has led the Eagles to 3 straight last place finishes. He has turned the ball over 7 times in his last 1 1/2 games. What has Mcnabb/Reid done the last 4 years to warrant being 'untouchable'? Reid's last 4 seasons (since the SB) have been as bad or worse than Kotite or Rhodes.If Reid started in '05 as the Eagles head coach, would he still be 'untouchable'?
:bag:McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.

Huh? Has nothing to do with Philadelphia fans. The way the Eagles are managed right now, they are lucky to STILL HAVE fans. Makes you wonder if they (Eagles Executives) are going to look to jump on the government bailout gravy-train...
thanks for pretty much making my point

First of all, I don't think that Reid is gone this year....but will be given one more year to have success with a QB whom he targeted as the heir apparent to Donovan.

I think that McNabb will certainly be gone after this year.....but I don't think that McNabb is done as a NFL starting QB. One thing that I've thought was that there is a distinct difference in the play calling pre-TO and post TO. The Eagles pre-TO were more of a grinder team. They ran the ball more and they gave McNabb a chance at success by limiting the number of times he had to throw the ball. In the TO era and post-TO....I think that Reid opened up the offense more, eliminated the running game( he has been known to say that the short pass is the running game) and to wait for a big play. The main problem being that he never replaced TO...and instead went with a bunch of number twos and threes. In baseball terms, this team went from a small ball, manufacturing runs team to a team waiting for the homerun.

As far as Reid goes, I think that he's bastardized his system and has been arrogant about it (skill players aren't that important)...all the while not doing well in the draft or FA at the positions that he deemed important...DL,OL and Secondary.

I believe they are one of the most profitable teams in the NFL with a season ticket waiting list that is over a hundred years long.

McNabb has led the Eagles to 3 straight last place finishes. He has turned the ball over 7 times in his last 1 1/2 games. What has Mcnabb/Reid done the last 4 years to warrant being 'untouchable'? Reid's last 4 seasons (since the SB) have been as bad or worse than Kotite or Rhodes.If Reid started in '05 as the Eagles head coach, would he still be 'untouchable'?
;)McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.
And McNabb still has not led his team to a winning season since '04. Injuries or not. Maybe there's reasons, but they have been in last place under McNabb since losing the SB. REID drafted the next franchise QB. REID benched McNabb after yet another horrid performance. Everyone fully expects Kolb to be the QB next year. Maybe a change of scenery is what McNabb needs. But right now, McNabb/Reid are stinking up the field. Last week was embarrassing. Today was worse.Let's not lay this at the feet of the fans. How do you rate the last 4 seasons of Reid/McNabb? Do you think Reid's been a great coach the last 4 seasons? Has he made great football decisions regarding the talent? Do you see this team improving? I don't.And no I don't think it will be easy to replace either of them. But I do think we've seen the best of them. And it didn't win a Super Bowl. I've said many times in other threads, they both deserve a lot of credit for turning around a bad franchise.

I don't remember Packer fans calling for Favre to retire. I think Favre retired on his own.Edit: and McNabb is no Marino or Favre.

thanks for pretty much making my point
My bad. Should have added that I am not a Eagles fan. I simply see nothing but poor management in Philadelphia coming to a roaring boil. Unless their intent is to compete with the Detroit Lions...

Philadelphia fans are an embarrassment

much like Packers fans calling for Favre to retire, Miami fans calling for Marino to retire, etc. you have forgotten what it's like to have a #### head coach or to be participating in the coaching carousel so you think it's easy to replace them.

i hope the front office fires Reid and you wind up with Jim Haslett Bill Cowher
Now you're talking.

:goodposting:McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.
And McNabb still has not led his team to a winning season since '04. Injuries or not.
:blink:surely he should have won 11 games from the sideline. i understand your point completely.

I don't remember Packer fans calling for Favre to retire. I think Favre retired on his own.
must not live in WI or Green Bay more specifically

Yeah, okay guy. :thumbdown:

Blame Reid.

The non talent he has brought in hasnt helped McNabb. Banner isnt helping things either ( our cap guy ) because he is cheap as hell. Like today, they benched Gaither at LB for Aakeem Jordan. Yesterday Gaither turned down a low balled contract extension ( like no signing bonus ). So they bench him today.

I mean we trade out the 1st round 2 years in a row and take Kolb? Who was what? a 4th round pick at best? How did he look today? Bad. The guy wasnt ready at all to be played today and it showed. That was just pure panic on reids part, he really has no idea what to do.

Reid doesnt know what to do with this team anymore, the team he put together, he doesnt know how to use the players. His play calling is horendous and always has been. McNabb is what made Reid.

I am fuming but Reid has to go. Marty has to go. Segrest has to go. Banner...he is on the edge too.

Remember, Reid has final decision on all personel decisions. Booker?? Deactivated...again. That was the reason they didnt take Felix Jones because they felt Booker could be a great counter part to Westbrook and a possible future replacement. That worked huh?

Reids scheme has been wrong since he got here. He is a pass pass pass guy with average wide wrs and an inaccurate QB.

One of the top RBs in the game and he refuses to run.

Want to know Reids gameplan?

play action, play action, screen, play action play action, screen, play action play action, flea flicker or shuffle pass, run

short yard situation? 3rd and 1...pass.

Now Buck is hurt.....so that gives a hurt westbrook and booker for hte next game..whose been inactive the past few games. Yea i feel good.

99 passes vs 31 rushes in the past two games.

If you cant see that Reid has to go then you are blind. The guy has too much input on this team. He lost this team, did so a few weeks ago. I don't see him getting fired though which sucks.

:thumbdown:McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.
And McNabb still has not led his team to a winning season since '04. Injuries or not.
:blink:surely he should have won 11 games from the sideline. i understand your point completely.
Exactly. He can't win games on the sidelines, yet that's where he's been. He's completely healthy this year. How's that going? And please don't use Westbrook as an excuse.MY point is that he hasn't been a winning QB since '04 whatever the reason. Does he look like he's ready to reach the upper echelon of QB's again? Maybe, but the next franchise QB is already on the roster (or so says Reid).Now aside from the fact he has not lead a winning team in 4 years, what have you seen from Reid and McNabb that fills you with optimism for next year? Do think we have not seen the best of #5 yet?The fans are not the ones running him out of town. In fact the Philadelphia fans just recently voted him the best Eagles QB of all time. Stop blaming the fans.

Blame Reid.The non talent he has brought in hasnt helped McNabb. Banner isnt helping things either ( our cap guy ) because he is cheap as hell. Like today, they benched Gaither at LB for Aakeem Jordan. Yesterday Gaither turned down a low balled contract extension ( like no signing bonus ). So they bench him today.I mean we trade out the 1st round 2 years in a row and take Kolb? Who was what? a 4th round pick at best? How did he look today? Bad. The guy wasnt ready at all to be played today and it showed. That was just pure panic on reids part, he really has no idea what to do.Reid doesnt know what to do with this team anymore, the team he put together, he doesnt know how to use the players. His play calling is horendous and always has been. McNabb is what made Reid. I am fuming but Reid has to go. Marty has to go. Segrest has to go. Banner...he is on the edge too. Remember, Reid has final decision on all personel decisions. Booker?? Deactivated...again. That was the reason they didnt take Felix Jones because they felt Booker could be a great counter part to Westbrook and a possible future replacement. That worked huh?Reids scheme has been wrong since he got here. He is a pass pass pass guy with average wide wrs and an inaccurate QB. One of the top RBs in the game and he refuses to run. Want to know Reids gameplan? play action, play action, screen, play action play action, screen, play action play action, flea flicker or shuffle pass, runshort yard situation? 3rd and 1...pass.Now Buck is hurt.....so that gives a hurt westbrook and booker for hte next game..whose been inactive the past few games. Yea i feel good.99 passes vs 31 rushes in the past two games.If you cant see that Reid has to go then you are blind. The guy has too much input on this team. He lost this team, did so a few weeks ago. I don't see him getting fired though which sucks.
:thumbdown:McNabb might not be a great QB but he is a good one. Reid is horrendous.

I don't remember Packer fans calling for Favre to retire. I think Favre retired on his own.Edit: and McNabb is no Marino or Favre.
Most Packer fans willfully choose to forget Favre's poor seasons of throwing 29 INT's with 12 losses, but I guess it makes more sense that they were calling for his retirement this offseason after his most successful season in three years. Either way, Packer fans are just as fickle about their QB's as fans of other teams might be.

:ptts:McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.
Exactly. He can't win games on the sidelines, yet that's where he's been.
i don't think you understand what's going on here

Right now i pretty much avoid with the Fox and ESPN guys are saying becuase they dont see this game everyday or watch every play during eagles games.

Someone just brought up that benching mcnabb was the best thing to do....because it showed that the QB isnt the overall problem, kolb did bad too. That falls on the coach.

All week we heard reid in PCs that he was going to run buckhalter this week and that he may start because westbrook isnt helthy....buck? 2 carries 16 yds at half time.

QB isnt play welling? PASS MORE! That will solve the problem.

It was only a 10-7 game at half time...even as bad as mcnabb played today and the lack of running. So they yank mcnabb and kolb came in..without practicing with the 1st team at all vs balts D.

Reid is just done, McNabb will be the scapegoat ( sadly ) and i think they will have to rebuild completely on the offense from QB to RB to FB to Oline to TE to WRs.

New coaches will come in but unless Lurie ( owner ) doesnt get off his ### and say something, it will still be a Reid ran offense and all. Need a new OC with input.

:ptts:McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.
OK, let's try this...yes, McNabb has been injured. A lot. He also used to be a dangerous runner. If a play broke down, he would tuck the ball away and run. He doesn't do that anymore. McNabb is not the same QB he was before the Super Bowl. And the QB we've seen since can't seem to win. Do you think he's look particularly good the last month? And he's been healthy. Now why don't you address some of the other issues...like his poor decision making? His inability to lead the team on a game winning drive. Yes, he's good at times. Sometimes spectacular. But he's not the same QB.I understand your point, that he's been hurt therefore can't lead him team to victory. But its been a long time since he was healthy. He has not been a winning QB in the NFL since '04. His replacement has been drafted. And now he's been benched. So, stop laying this at the feet of the fans like you did in your original post. Its NOT the fans.

Blame Reid.The non talent he has brought in hasnt helped McNabb. Banner isnt helping things either ( our cap guy ) because he is cheap as hell. Like today, they benched Gaither at LB for Aakeem Jordan. Yesterday Gaither turned down a low balled contract extension ( like no signing bonus ). So they bench him today.I mean we trade out the 1st round 2 years in a row and take Kolb? Who was what? a 4th round pick at best? How did he look today? Bad. The guy wasnt ready at all to be played today and it showed. That was just pure panic on reids part, he really has no idea what to do.Reid doesnt know what to do with this team anymore, the team he put together, he doesnt know how to use the players. His play calling is horendous and always has been. McNabb is what made Reid. I am fuming but Reid has to go. Marty has to go. Segrest has to go. Banner...he is on the edge too. Remember, Reid has final decision on all personel decisions. Booker?? Deactivated...again. That was the reason they didnt take Felix Jones because they felt Booker could be a great counter part to Westbrook and a possible future replacement. That worked huh?Reids scheme has been wrong since he got here. He is a pass pass pass guy with average wide wrs and an inaccurate QB. One of the top RBs in the game and he refuses to run. Want to know Reids gameplan? play action, play action, screen, play action play action, screen, play action play action, flea flicker or shuffle pass, runshort yard situation? 3rd and 1...pass.Now Buck is hurt.....so that gives a hurt westbrook and booker for hte next game..whose been inactive the past few games. Yea i feel good.99 passes vs 31 rushes in the past two games.If you cant see that Reid has to go then you are blind. The guy has too much input on this team. He lost this team, did so a few weeks ago. I don't see him getting fired though which sucks.
:(

:(McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.
So, stop laying this at the feet of the fans like you did in your original post. Its NOT the fans.

:(McNabb played 9 games in 2005 and 10 games in 2006 until he tore his ACL and came back to play way too soon in 2007. the Eagles have had half a Brian Westbrook this year. can't really fault McNabb for last place finishes in 2005/2006 and 2007 was basically a lost cause because he shouldn't have even been out there. most teams aren't going to be winning divisions with AJ Feely and Koy Detmer at the helm.
So, stop laying this at the feet of the fans like you did in your original post. Its NOT the fans.
OK, what does "Philadelphia fans are an embarrassment" mean?

Andy Reid is the same guy that took this team to three NFC Championship teams and a Superbowl, isn't he? And McNabb is the guy who was the one man offense during those years, isn't he?

No matter how good a coach or QB you are, it's really difficult to maintain such a high level of excellence when everyone else in the NFL continues to improve as well. All 32 teams are so close to each other, it's only a few injuries or luck that separates the 11-5 team from the 4-12 team.

These two may indeed be gone, and it might even be a good thing for the Eagles at the present time. But I hope everyone will remember what a great success they were there.

Users who are viewing this thread