What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2017-18 Fantasy League*** Drafting - Gianmarco finally picked (1 Viewer)

Just reading that Gylfi likely not starting on Monday. However, even though he's already listed with Everton, he's currently locked in my lineup and I can't take him out.  

I may opt to put Giroud in depending on lineups announced.
I took Gylfi out of your line-up and put Giroud in - so make sure you swap him out later if you don't want to start Giroud.

Noon on Sunday, my team has 33 points in the league this week, feeling good about getting a wi...

My opponent drops 55 points on me.

The ####.

I may never win a game this season. :kicksrock:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I looked on the site and couldn't find it and I don't remember from last year.

How are waivers handled on international breaks? Waivers run once? Twice? If once, which week, this or next? If twice, when does free agency close?

Inquiring minds want to know. Kinda important with the madness coming to a close Thursday.

Okay, I looked on the site and couldn't find it and I don't remember from last year.

How are waivers handled on international breaks? Waivers run once? Twice? If once, which week, this or next? If twice, when does free agency close?

Inquiring minds want to know. Kinda important with the madness coming to a close Thursday.
I think they ran once last year.

We will run them twice - once as scheduled on Wednesday.

Then a second run next Wednesday - same time - to pick up anyone signed and added on Thursday.

In a perfect world, I would have thought of this earlier and just scheduled Waivers to run on Thursday this week - which would have been after the transfer window closes.

Remember that players will be added pretty quickly once they are signed - so anyone signed on Wednesday will probably clear waivers Wednesday night.

Is there a way to look at all players that have recently been added to the database that are on the WW? 

Edit: I suppose I could try and filter the Status column, right? Will everyone that's been in the database that cleared waivers last night stay an FA until the next matchweek or will they go back onto waivers? I'm thinking only the recently added players will show up as being on the waiver wire. 

Is there a way to look at all players that have recently been added to the database that are on the WW? 
no - Not that have seen anyway.

All the new players added today will be on WW, and you can filter to show only WW players, not FAs.

But, that only applies to players added since waivers ran last night.  Any players added in the last week would have already cleared waivers and are FAs now.

Thanks, I edited right when you posted. I'm not so much interested in guys that cleared waivers last night, I figure if anyone worth a damn transferred in and was added somebody would have already grabbed them. 

So when waivers run next Wednesday, the only players on the waiver wire will be players who have transferred into the league and been added after last night's waiver run. 

Thanks, I edited right when you posted. I'm not so much interested in guys that cleared waivers last night, I figure if anyone worth a damn transferred in and was added somebody would have already grabbed them. 
Yeah - just go to the players page, where it says "All Available Players" - switch that to "Waiver Wire"

Was Zlatan worth the add and using my high WW priority?  I debated....curious on thoughts.
Yes. no. Maybe?  :shrug:   What was your WW priority?

He will be out until December - it looks like.  And then you have to figure out his role.  If Lukaku gets injured, or is ineffective, then sure, you have a striker on a team that was the 8th highest scoring team last year...

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions. I just realized I am tenth in priority because I grabbed Wood from the WW after he transferred to Burnley so it's likely moot for me. Doesn't look like anyone else put in a claim for him, I could have waited for him to become an FA. 

Was Zlatan worth the add and using my high WW priority?  I debated....curious on thoughts.
I do not think so. Don't think he'll get enough minutes when healthy and he's out for awhile anyways. Nobody else put in a claim for him. Were you first?

I was 2nd behind Sinn. I figured there may not be 2 guys worth holding it for and that someone would go for him. Oh well....

I was 2nd behind Sinn. I figured there may not be 2 guys worth holding it for and that someone would go for him. Oh well....
I was on-line and looking to see if he made it past waivers - but I was still debating on whether to add him even as a FA.  That said, he could be a difference maker - and I am not seeing many difference makers today...I really needed Arsenal or Liverpool to make a big splash.

Aurier was the best so-far, imo - and he was already drafted.

BTW, the only reason I signed Dejan Lovren is because I promised myself I'd have Liverpool players in my lineup and so far:

1. Adam Lallana got himself broken until December-ish

2. Nathaniel Clyne picked up a surprise ouchie before the start of the season

3. I signed Andrew Robertson to start last week, and his significant other HAS THE NERVE to have a baby the day before the game. :hot:  

So I'm starting a fucking Liverpool player on Sept. 9, even if it's fucking Lovren.  :rant:

I was 3rd and put a claim in for zlatan. 

I held onto the #1 priority all fall last year hoping for a January difference maker and got burned.  Even in a part time role after the new year I bet he still scores plenty of goals. It's zlatan

This is incorrect, though I think I was low on the priority list.
Weird. When you go to transaction history you can uncheck the box next to Executed Only. I assumed an unexecuted waiver claim would show up there but I guess not. 

BTW, the only reason I signed Dejan Lovren is because I promised myself I'd have Liverpool players in my lineup and so far:

3. I signed Andrew Robertson to start last week, and his significant other HAS THE NERVE to have a baby the day before the game. :hot:  

So I'm starting a fucking Liverpool player on Sept. 9, even if it's fucking Lovren.  :rant:
I like the way you are thinking.

Maybe you should trade for Salah? :oldunsure:

I was 3rd and put a claim in for zlatan. 

I held onto the #1 priority all fall last year hoping for a January difference maker and got burned.  Even in a part time role after the new year I bet he still scores plenty of goals. It's zlatan
That makes me feel a little bit better.  I remember you saying this last year and watching that top priority go to waste.  I figured either Sinn burns it on Zlatan or if not, there's likely not going to be 2 major difference makers. 

My thought was not that it's a given he's going to contribute, but if he does, the upside is silly because like you said, It's Zlatan.

I don't think so.  You might be able to see your own missed claims - but I don't see an option to view others.
Then what's the point of having that "Executed Only" filter? I don't know why they wouldn't make that info viewable - seems like they want to. 

That makes me feel a little bit better.  I remember you saying this last year and watching that top priority go to waste.  I figured either Sinn burns it on Zlatan or if not, there's likely not going to be 2 major difference makers. 

My thought was not that it's a given he's going to contribute, but if he does, the upside is silly because like you said, It's Zlatan.
I was really counting on Arsenal or Liverpool doing business today. :kicksrock:

Hell, Liverpool didn't even get Van Dijk across - so now I have to hope he re-integrates back into Soton...which I suppose is still better than hoping for a performance from a Liverpool defender.

Still got about 3 hours left.  I'm still wondering if I'll ever be able to use Coutinho (even if he doesn't move.....)

No, I'm not starting a Liverpool player today because LOVREN DIDN'T ####### START.

No wonder I can't win a game this year, I can't even get my players to ####### play for me.

Users who are viewing this thread