What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2017-18 Fantasy League*** Drafting - Gianmarco finally picked (1 Viewer)

I updated the Waiver Wire order - moving @Christo back to the 8th spot in the order.  His (and my) "claim" last week took place after the original waivers ran, and should have been FA pick-ups instead of Waiver Wire claims.

Christo's last WW claim was on August 23 - Davinson Sanchez.  Since then, Charlie Daniels Band, Three Thousand, Gianmarco, Drunken Slob, Dier Straits, and TLef have made WW claims - which would leave Christo in the 8th spot.

I moved my team to 13th in order, ahead of @Brady Marino, who made the only WW claim last week.

@gianmarco  @TLEF316

cc: @Eephus

RE: Issue with Gianmarco's line-up

I am not exactly sure how it happened - but Gianmarco appears to have an illegal line-up - only 2 defenders.  The software is supposed to prevent illegal line-ups, but it obviously did not prevent this.  So, either the league set-up is wrong, or there was a glitch in the matrix.

I don't think it is going to effect the outcome - but I think I will have to make some adjustment here.

Any suggestions?

Ok - in looking into this - it appears that the software did not carry forward the minimum roster requirements in the league.

1 - G

3 - D

3 - M

1- F

And there have been several violations of this rule already this season - which undoubtedly impacted the results of games - specifically last weeks match between @gianmarco and @Poke_4_Life

Unfortunately, the easy solution seems worse than the problem.  If I set the roster minimums now - it goes back and finds the previous roster violations, and zeros the score for the team with the roster violation - thus impacting the current standings.

Given that none of these violations were reported, I am inclined to let them stand - but will more closely monitor the rosters going forward.  

If I spot an illegal roster, or one is reported - then I will notify the owner - to allow the owner to fix the problem if it is not too late.  If it is too late to fix the roster violation, or if the owner does not fix the violation, I will manually deduct the amount of points from the highest scoring player on the roster for that week.

Any thoughts?

These are the roster violations:

The Charlie Daniels Band
8 (Oct 11/17 - Oct 17/17)
The minimum number of 3 active M position(s) has not been met.

9 (Oct 18/17 - Oct 24/17)

Drunken Slob FC
12 (Nov 15/17 - Nov 21/17)

Bonzai
4 (Sep 6/17 - Sep 12/17)

5 (Sep 13/17 - Sep 19/17)

Gianmarco
14 (Nov 28/17 - Nov 30/17)
The minimum number of 3 active D position(s) has not been met.

15 (Dec 1/17 - Dec 5/17)
The minimum number of 3 active D position(s) has not been met.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must not have hit the submit button after making a change the week my illegal lineup was allowed. 

Fortunately, I had my backside handed to me that week. Hell, I could've started every player I had and still got beat down.  :(

Won't happen again, not the beat down, the illegal lineup.

We've had illegal roster issues in the past.  I wish Fantrax did a better job of enforcing them but beggars can't be choosy.

I think you have to keep roster rule in order to keep some semblance of pretend reality.

We've had illegal roster issues in the past.  I wish Fantrax did a better job of enforcing them but beggars can't be choosy.

I think you have to keep roster rule in order to keep some semblance of pretend reality.
Yeah - I went back and looked at old threads - we have minimum roster of 3-D, 3-M, and 1-F and 1-G.

This year, it looks like Fantrax made minimum rosters something you had to add (instead of carrying over previous years.)  But, if I set those now - it goes back and causes forfeits for anyone who played with an invalid roster.  Fantrax indicated that the minimum roster settings made transactions harder - because it would invalidate trades or FA pick-ups if it resulted in an illegal roster - thus they turned them off by default.

If I get industrious later - big if - I may simply record the scores, then make the roster rule changes, and go back and manually enter the scores for the offending teams - that would prevent future illegal rosters.  But, we can't have any more 2-man defenses, no matter how big a fan you are of Liverpool...

Sinn Fein said:
Yeah - I went back and looked at old threads - we have minimum roster of 3-D, 3-M, and 1-F and 1-G.

This year, it looks like Fantrax made minimum rosters something you had to add (instead of carrying over previous years.)  But, if I set those now - it goes back and causes forfeits for anyone who played with an invalid roster.  Fantrax indicated that the minimum roster settings made transactions harder - because it would invalidate trades or FA pick-ups if it resulted in an illegal roster - thus they turned them off by default.

If I get industrious later - big if - I may simply record the scores, then make the roster rule changes, and go back and manually enter the scores for the offending teams - that would prevent future illegal rosters.  But, we can't have any more 2-man defenses, no matter how big a fan you are of Liverpool...
I know it's easy to say because I lost the week I had a bad lineup, but, if I was subject to a loss because of setting not being carried over, I'd live with it. On the other hand, if someone has a grievance, I understand that position also. The reason why follows:

A number of years ago, I was in a magic football league and the commissioner didn't reset the schedule from the previous year after the divisions had been changed. During week 6 of the NFL season I noticed that I had an unbalanced division schedule and notified the dude of his oversight. When I did, I made it clear to him that he had to leave the schedule alone and let the season play out because results would change and people that had wins would take losses (quick note, I was undefeated at the time and eventual league champ). Well...he didn't listen to me. He made the change and then spent two days having the MyFantasyLeague people put it all back together. I don't know if the other owners in the league ever noticed that situation. I commish three magic leagues currently. Had that situation happened to me, I would have been very embarrassed, to say the least. I know this isn't the same, but, this is a  transparency issue. Unlike that situation, one of the commissioners here has brought it to light. I appreciate that. 

Unlike you, @Sinn Fein, he didn't take this issue to the league membership upon discovery. In fact, he tried his hardest to cover up the mistake. So, to you, I say, kudos for your good work and thanks for being up front in pointing out these circumstances. Like I said before, I apologize for my shortcoming and won't let it happen again.

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Side note:

Is anyone else having issues on the site with player's names not showing up?  Ndidi and Ederson aren't showing up with their names on my roster.  The position and all the stats are there but that's it.  If you go to the available player list, similarly there are a few players without any names so I have no idea who they are.

Side note:

Is anyone else having issues on the site with player's names not showing up?  Ndidi and Ederson aren't showing up with their names on my roster.  The position and all the stats are there but that's it.  If you go to the available player list, similarly there are a few players without any names so I have no idea who they are.
Yep. One of my GKs is a ghost.

Side note:

Yeah - Antonio Valencia for me.

But Johann Berg Gudmundsson is still there :thumbup:

Festive fixtures bump.

The late goal by Harry Maguire in the Saturday late game put me over in the top of the table matchup vs @Bonzai

We're back into a tie at 14-5 overall.

Week 7 Standings -- I was 1-6 and the lowest scoring team in the league

Week 20 standings -- Since then, have gone 11-2 and sitting in 5th place

Now when Coutinho ends up leaving me again, well,........

BTW, I think I already said this, but I think we've finally got it right with settings and scoring.

The changes to yellow cards, defensive scoring with fixed GA, addition of int/tackles, and the penalty scoring is a great balance now and seems to reward the quality players just the right amount.

If we were to make any more changes, for me it would be to make the bench slightly bigger (1-2 more spots) but I understand the rationale of where it is. I just think the short benches require a lot more time and turnover because of injuries and lineup changes. A slightly larger bench would allow for a little less time to invest on a weekly basis and allow teams to hold players with injuries that miss 1-2 months.

But, this format as is is pretty enjoyable. I appreciate what we've done with it.

BTW, I think I already said this, but I think we've finally got it right with settings and scoring.

The changes to yellow cards, defensive scoring with fixed GA, addition of int/tackles, and the penalty scoring is a great balance now and seems to reward the quality players just the right amount.

If we were to make any more changes, for me it would be to make the bench slightly bigger (1-2 more spots) but I understand the rationale of where it is. I just think the short benches require a lot more time and turnover because of injuries and lineup changes. A slightly larger bench would allow for a little less time to invest on a weekly basis and allow teams to hold players with injuries that miss 1-2 months.

But, this format as is is pretty enjoyable. I appreciate what we've done with it.
My team has been decimated by injuries...I would not mind a deeper bench so I don't have to drop players just to field a full team.

Its not like the short bench is creating lots of trades.

Speaking of which - @The Gator  hit "Accept"  its a fair trade...

My team has been decimated by injuries...I would not mind a deeper bench so I don't have to drop players just to field a full team.

Its not like the short bench is creating lots of trades.

Speaking of which - @The Gator  hit "Accept"  its a fair trade...
Same with me. I had Ibrahimovic I eventually had to drop. Moreno hurt. Henderson hurt. Giroud hurt. Baines hurt. Bertrand hurt.  If only one player isn't going, I can't field a full lineup. I think 2 more spots would be ideal. On any given day there are at least 20 starting options that can be picked up. And with the deeper benches we won't have to look nearly as often.

If anything a deeper bench would promote more trading since options would be more limited on the WW.

Crap, I did it again. I really hate this submit button in bottom right corner that isn't noticeable at all.

I had put in Mangala for Loftus-Cheek hoping for clean sheet triple. Ugh.

gianmarco said:
Crap, I did it again. I really hate this submit button in bottom right corner that isn't noticeable at all.

I had put in Mangala for Loftus-Cheek hoping for clean sheet triple. Ugh.
And it cost me the win. So frustrating.

The literal seconds that I missed him by have probably cost me a top 4 finish and cost me at least 2 wins.
Well, I did not want to bring this up - but it was pure happenstance that I pulled the trigger when I did - I had been looking at a few players for 20 minutes, and didn't feel great about any of them, and just kind of randomly picked Perez over the others...

Since then - 3 matches, 3 goals, 2 assists...

Users who are viewing this thread