What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ERROR IN 15K CONTEST (1 Viewer)

Take a look at the roster from the first place team this week. How can a team have:Manning, McNabb, Tomlinson, M. Faulk, Harrison, Gonzo, Philly and Tampa all on the same team?Not possible....Jerome Hasson is a CHEATER!!!! I got bumped cuz of this.....Footballguys better investigate....
I guess the part I don't get is, if you're going to cheat, why bother having some of those guys on your roster at all.Why not have Holmes and Williams instead of Barlow and Zeroue? Why have Hakim when you can upgrade to Moss?It seems obvious he knew he was cheating based on the amount of money he spent, but he didn't cheat very wisely, if there is such a thing.Anyway, I'm in at #380 something or other without cheating and without Portis this week, so I'm happy.

if I can redo my roster i promise to take the Priest and not Portis :wall: , and I will avoid O. Smith and any other unknown rook who gets hyped way to much... :wall: I did this thing on the last possible day for ####s and giggles, I have been lucky and it has made Tuesday afternoon more interesting. I have faith in FBG they have never intentionally steered me wrong... although I like blaming my crap pick, read Travis Taylor, are following the draft dominator to closely :)

although I like blaming my crap pick, read Travis Taylor, are following the draft dominator to closely :)
LMAO!!Yeah, I held off for about 3 rounds after it said pull the trigger, until the value was undeniable (seemed so at the time anyway).

I guess the part I don't get is, if you're going to cheat, why bother having some of those guys on your roster at all.Why not have Holmes and Williams instead of Barlow and Zeroue? Why have Hakim when you can upgrade to Moss?It seems obvious he knew he was cheating based on the amount of money he spent, but he didn't cheat very wisely, if there is such a thing.
Most cheaters aren't very smart, thats why they cheat.

Did you guys not read the lengthy disclaimer on the contest rules page?? (No, not the part about it not paying a winner from Arizona, Florida, etc....). Its all covered....it says (paraphrasing) "whatever we feel is the correct course of action, its in our rights to do that".In BIG BOLD LETTERS, it says if someone deliberately screwed with something, FBG's can go after 'em. So what I take from this...if there was a cheater(s), that 15K prize is BOUND to go up several fold from the impending lawsuit against said cheaters, and the addition of the lawsuit winnings to the final purse. Come on...doesn't everyone read those End User Agreements??? And you thought FBGs was being anal about specifying all the contingencies.... Sometimes these little insurance policies work out quite nicely. Sic 'em Joe and David!!!!!!!

The real question is:How many other people did this in previous weeks and bumped people who are playing honest? If it was so easy for this guy to change his team in the first place, don't you think it would be just as easy for someone else to do the same thing and then switch it back after he made the cut? You can't trust any of the results from any of the weeks.
:thumbdown: sounds like a guy who got booted in week 1 or 2 talking! hehe!Justin BakerBAD BAKERRank: 335 - Pts Scored: 161.7legit roster all the way baby!! losers :shock:

Or just cover it up and hope that it will blow over....

He is in a no win situation here. The only move he has is to stop the contest all together.
Why would I want to do that? If there's an error (and there certainly seems to be) the only recourse is to correct it. Covering up or hoping something blows over would be stupid. Every card is already out on the table. It's not like people forgot what roster they submitted or something. This contest is simply one big math exercise. It's in the open. Here's the rosters, everyone knows what players scored each week. It would be impossible to cover anything up.

Even if it meant delaying results for a bit, you can rest assured it'll be handled 100% above the board. It would be idiotic on my part to do it any other way.

J
Let me ask you this Joe...How do you know if there is more than one person who has done this? And don't you think that after they made the cut, they could easily switch their team back? This is a MAJOR mess right now and you are in the unfavorable position of deciding what is the right thing to do. From this point on, there will always be questions about the integrity of this contest no matter what you do.

This whole thing STINKS!!! I'm not saying that it's your fault, but giving lame excuses like it was a "error in the display" is ridiculous!!!

He is in a no win situation here.  The only move he has is to stop the contest all together.
Why would I want to do that? If there's an error (and there certainly seems to be) the only recourse is to correct it. Covering up or hoping something blows over would be stupid. Every card is already out on the table. It's not like people forgot what roster they submitted or something. This contest is simply one big math exercise. It's in the open. Here's the rosters, everyone knows what players scored each week. It would be impossible to cover anything up.

Even if it meant delaying results for a bit, you can rest assured it'll be handled 100% above the board. It would be idiotic on my part to do it any other way.

J
Let me ask you this Joe...How do you know if there is more than one person who has done this? And don't you think that after they made the cut, they could easily switch their team back? This is a MAJOR mess right now and you are in the unfavorable position of deciding what is the right thing to do. From this point on, there will always be questions about the integrity of this contest no matter what you do.

This whole thing STINKS!!! I'm not saying that it's your fault, but giving lame excuses like it was a "error in the display" is ridiculous!!!
Thanks for your feedback Bristol. There is no "switching" of teams. They are submitted one time and David has them all. The owner has no contact with his team since before week 1. As to how we'll see if anyone else was able to submit a team with a roster over the limit, that's simple - we go through every team and recalculate the roster dollars. Again all this is out in the open.

There is no way one could cheat on this as everyone is looking at the results. I had 75 emails in the first 5 minutes after the contest was reported. Each email knew exactly how far the guy was over the $200. There are way too many people with a vested interest in this that are watching to make sure it's 100% legit.

As I said, it's a simple math problem. There isn't a gray area that I can envision. Rosters are turned in, the NFL players play the games, scores are calculated based on those games, and the results are posted. That's pretty much it.

J

He is in a no win situation here.  The only move he has is to stop the contest all together.

J

What a cry baby. "This contest is ruined forever." Enough with the drama.This obviously not the first time a contest has been run with a few a problems, hence all the legal talk and disclaimers. I'm sure they have all the old rosters with the scores used to figure out the cut off numbers and thay can easily go through them and find any differences in scores and/or roster configeration. It will proboably take some time to go through all of them to ensure that there isn't any other teams with cap problems.

Don't get your panties in such a bunch until they explain what the problem is and how they are rectifying it.

Thanks for your prompt reply Joe. I have every faith in FBG. From my past 3 years at this site, you guys have always been a class act. I would like to apologize for some of these comments and doubts from posters. I realize that it is free country, but I wish some people would just ####.My .02 PLYMKRP.S. As this site has received more publicity and expanded its users, it has become necessary to do more filtering of troll speak vs. quality football knowledge...but what can we do?

Jerome Hasson is a CHEATER!!!! I got bumped cuz of this.....
Just for the record, not you (nor anyone else) has been bumped by this one cheater. So far each week, there have actually been a few more teams to make the cut that (i.e. 5005 made the 5000 cut) due to ties at the cut level. So for you to have a chance at making the cut this week means that a) you had just .1 point less than the cut off point and b) that there are at least 6 of these cheaters. (and this is not even taking into effect the people who were cut in previous weeks and would have a higher score than you this week if they were to be re-instated.the greater the number of cheaters, the more of a chance of people who were cut of making it back in.but just chill people. at least they noticed it now while still early in the game rather than after a cheater cashed his check and fled to Rio.

Last edited by a moderator:

J

What a cry baby. "This contest is ruined forever." Enough with the drama.This obviously not the first time a contest has been run with a few a problems, hence all the legal talk and disclaimers. I'm sure they have all the old rosters with the scores used to figure out the cut off numbers and thay can easily go through them and find any differences in scores and/or roster configeration. It will proboably take some time to go through all of them to ensure that there isn't any other teams with cap problems.

Don't get your panties in such a bunch until they explain what the problem is and how they are rectifying it.
Thanks PAO. We'll get it right. This is too important to me not to have it done correctly.J

J

give it a rest.as i stated earlier...have any of these guys ever done anything at all that would lead you to question their integrity.

GB Joe B and company, cuz they are better men than I. i would get so sick and tired of the constant belly aching from some of you ### clowns. Waaaaaaaaaahhh...i paid 20 bucks....why didnt i get S. Alexanders kids birth measurements? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh....i paid 20 bucks...how come i didnt hear about such and such scab getting benched before everybody else found out on TV? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...i am a member and I joined a contest and its fixed and its a scam..............BWAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA

:freakingcrybabies:

I don't see the big deal either. They have all the stats and rosters saved and can remove them from week 1 and redue all the final cuts from there. Some people cut from week 1 or 2 may find themselves back in, all depending on how many entries did go over the cost and if they servived weeks 3 and 4.For legal reason I'm sure David has all the info saved and probably saved again on disks, paper whatever that can't get hacked into. It just may take some time to look through it all and make the correction needed as far back to week 1.Just please give it a rest Bristol and give David some time. You may very well find yourself back in when it's all figured out.

P.S. As this site has received more publicity and expanded its users, it has become necessary to do more filtering of troll speak vs. quality football knowledge...but what can we do?
I'd like to second that!

I really don't have any doubts about the integrity of Joe and David. I had confidence that they would make a good and reasonable decision and it appears they have.At the risk of being repetitive, the problem is footballguys.com isn't being run like a business even though it is a business. I realize that this is not Joe's primary business, but they do charge (optional but I'm not a freeloader, just a complainer) and they have at least 1 full-time employee.There have been repeated problems from the IT side of things ranging from appearing to do a poor job qualifying vendors to poor security and now data integrity issues. The content side of footballguys.com is very good, but the technical side must be improved.There is only so much energy available and if you spend it fighting fires that never should have been there in the first place, you start worrying more about the urgent things than the important things. That is the path to mediocrity.

Last edited by a moderator:
GB Joe B and company, cuz they are better men than I. i would get so sick and tired of the constant belly aching from some of you ### clowns. Waaaaaaaaaahhh...i paid 20 bucks....why didnt i get S. Alexanders kids birth measurements? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh....i paid 20 bucks...how come i didnt hear about such and such scab getting benched before everybody else found out on TV? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...i am a member and I joined a contest and its fixed and its a scam..............BWAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA

:freakingcrybabies:
:rotflmao: Come to think of it, I didn't get Shaun Alexander's daughters birth measurements, and I did pay $20...

What some people think $20 will buy you these days... :rolleyes:

we need a :bristol: smiley where a smiley jumps out of a building over the slightest thing.
Or better yet, maybe the real Bristol will go jump off of a building so we won't have to listen to his sniveling drivel anymore.

I spilled a McD's coffee on my lap while submitting my contest roster - now I am burned. I also ate too many of those Big Macs when looking at the weekly cheatsheets - now I am burned AND fat. I slipped on the ice, tripped on the sidewalk, built my house on stilts over the ocean (and on a fault line), I even drove my car REAL fast down the street because I never saw the disclaimer in the TV commercial "professional driver on a closed course", I went for a swim after eating, didn't put on sunscreen, mixed Pop Rocks and Coke, found spiders eggs in Bubble Yum, was abducted by aliens, AND......oh sorry.... Joe and company have owned up to the mistake and are going to fix the contest? They have thousands of happy customers year after year? They have a great site we all love.Never mind...... :bag:

Hey Joe....Still want to stand by that "error in the display" comment you made? Call a spade a spade. Someone cheated. Making lame excuses like that does not make you look good.

Come on Bristol, think about this instead of just reacting. It's so easy to fix. A) Go get original rosters submitted before week one.B) Look through all rosters and make sure any over the cap are rejected.C) Run the stats for all teams from week one, and elimnate the low end teams.D) Do the same for weeks 2, 3, and 4.And PRESTO, the contest is corrected. No problems, no hanky-panky, no cheaters. All will be well.

Hey Joe....Still want to stand by that "error in the display" comment you made? Call a spade a spade. Someone cheated. Making lame excuses like that does not make you look good.
When he made that comment, don't you think he was maybe speculating as to what the problem might be to get folks like you to calm down a little? He's now freely admitting that one and possibly more people slipped in entries that were over the cap. He's being very up front and straight forward about what's being done to fix the problem. Let's give this a rest.

have any of the guys at FBGs ever given any of you any reason to doubt their integrity?

jesus. ####!!!

i am not even in this contest...and if I were...I wouldnt be sweating this crap. let the fellas do their job before you all go and start fires.
Mark this date down. Fucla and myself agree on something. :excited:

Hey JoeHow is it that this seems to be so hard to figure out and get straight? I would think that when originally implemented, it would've been easiest to write all rosters to an SQL database. That way, queries on scores and salaries for each team would be cake. If this is how it was done, I would think this could be resolved in just a few hours, if that. Were rosters not saved in such a convenient way?

Come on Bristol, think about this instead of just reacting. It's so easy to fix. A) Go get original rosters submitted before week one.B) Look through all rosters and make sure any over the cap are rejected.C) Run the stats for all teams from week one, and elimnate the low end teams.D) Do the same for weeks 2, 3, and 4.And PRESTO, the contest is corrected. No problems, no hanky-panky, no cheaters. All will be well.
I thought they attempted this once.

hopefully...Joe B is as interested in what you think of his lame excuses as I am about the booger I leave on the wall.hey Joe B...the Columbia space shuttle just blew up. I know you have had 5 minutes to think about it...but I need you to speculate on a reason for how that could have happened. Dont worry...I WILL hold you to your statement. :rolleyes:

Take a look at the roster from the first place team this week. How can a team have:Manning, McNabb, Tomlinson, M. Faulk, Harrison, Gonzo, Philly and Tampa all on the same team?Not possible....Jerome Hasson is a CHEATER!!!! I got bumped cuz of this.....Footballguys better investigate....NOTE: Title Edited By Joe Bryant to better reflect the subject.
I think this may take a long time to get fixed and secured. Although the cheater roster is filled with studs this team doesn't look like they would even make the week 1 cut. The players on this roster were all week 1 busts!Hassleback - 16faulk - 5.5tomlinson - 6.4Harrison - 4.4gonzo - 1.8philly D - 0tampa D - 0THIS TEAM WOULD NOT MAKE WEEK 1 CUT! This team has changed from week 1. The hacker is probably laughing at you all because you haven't figured this out yet.

As I hammer out all the numbers, let me first say this:As soon as the contest closed, I downloaded the database (to my home computer) and deleted all the files pertaining to the contest on the server. I did this so it that it would be impossible to alter a roster after the contest started. No rosters have been altered.The problem arose because some people were able to bypass the javascript roster adding and submit rosters above the $200. In hindsight I obviously should have double checked all the rosters and DQ's them from the start. I did not do that because I thought the software verified the submissions to be $200 or less. But since some people were able to bypass this, I will do what should have been done originally.As Joe says, this is simply a math exercise. I will spend the next 6-8 hours rerunning everything from week 1 until now. Those people that submitted a roster that is over $200 will be disqualified per the rules whether it was intentional or not. This will adjust some entries, but the net effect will be more people advance each week.David DoddsOwner, Footballguys.com

I think this may take a long time to get fixed and secured. Although the cheater roster is filled with studs this team doesn't look like they would even make the week 1 cut. The players on this roster were all week 1 busts!Hassleback - 16faulk - 5.5tomlinson - 6.4Harrison - 4.4gonzo - 1.8philly D - 0tampa D - 0THIS TEAM WOULD NOT MAKE WEEK 1 CUT! This team has changed from week 1. The hacker is probably laughing at you all because you haven't figured this out yet.
What are you talking about???I just calculated the week 1 score for that team and it would have scored 145.1, not to mention your point totals are way off.Please....attempt to do some research before posting nonsense like that.

Memo to all the lunk-heads that are implying that Joe, Dave and company are of questionable integrity:YOU ARE A LUNK-HEAD! :wall: Points that need to be made...1) This is a subscriber issue. Non-subscribers have no business commenting and muddying an issue that doesn't affect them. Butt out! :rant: :hot: (On this...can the contest board be exclusively for contest participants, past and present?)2) FBG have a solid plan to fix the error. This will actually benefit those that unfairly were bumped in weeks 1-3. Why would anyone complain about that?3) This is the best FF message board on the web, owned by the best informational site for FF. You have to believe that a class act like FBG will make everything right. If that belief wasn't enough, the site owners have come out publically to address any concerns. (Thanks guys!) :thumbup: 4) If you don't comprehend what is actually being done, shut your yapper. :angry: Your theories about hackers and conspiracies have no place here. Everything is under control!Thanks for the great contest FBG!!!

If there's an error (and there certainly seems to be) the only recourse is to correct it.
There is another option... Take the 15K and divide it up between all remaining entries - I'll take my $3 in nickels, please. :P

I think this may take a long time to get fixed and secured. Although the cheater roster is filled with studs this team doesn't look like they would even make the week 1 cut. The players on this roster were all week 1 busts!

Hassleback - 16

faulk - 5.5

tomlinson - 6.4

Harrison - 4.4

gonzo - 1.8

philly D - 0

tampa D - 0

THIS TEAM WOULD NOT MAKE WEEK 1 CUT! This team has changed from week 1. The hacker is probably laughing at you all because you haven't figured this out yet.
What are you talking about???I just calculated the week 1 score for that team and it would have scored 145.1, not to mention your point totals are way off.

Please....attempt to do some research before posting nonsense like that.
You got it! Week 1 results:2,269 Robert Houser Slack Daddies8 145.1 View

2,270 Elden MacIver Sea Donkey's 145.1 View

2,271 Jerome Hasson PittBulls 145.1 View

2,272 Matthew Clark Need new shoes 145.1 View

2,273 Ron Parks Forrester Fire 145.1 View

2,274 Robb Miller Nemesis3 145.0 View

Personally I say keep the cheater and throw out Bristol...the only thing that bothers me about this is his mouth....Lets take a look at his team (bristol's), :thumbdown: I guarantee it sucks and he wants a redo...sounds like chads in Florida to me....Vote NO on Bristol !!!!!!!

I am a little late -- and lost in week 3 -- but have they figured out all the cheaters? I think that they ought to publicize their names so they can face the music.also, has anyone considered how it affected prior weeks? i am really bumming now to think that, as i missed the cut by .5 point, i missed it because there were cheaters ahead of me. i guess it would be asking too much to retro-fit the results without the cheaters.

I am a little late -- and lost in week 3 -- but have they figured out all the cheaters? I think that they ought to publicize their names so they can face the music.also, has anyone considered how it affected prior weeks? i am really bumming now to think that, as i missed the cut by .5 point, i missed it because there were cheaters ahead of me. i guess it would be asking too much to retro-fit the results without the cheaters.
Uhhh...did you read any of the previous posts by Dodds, etc. Yes, they are going back to pre-week 1, disqualifying any invalid rosters (e.g. more than $200), then rerunning everything, so you may get back into the contest. I missed week 3 by about 2 points I think, but I don't know if things will change enough for me to get back in, but I'm crossing my fingers!

they are going through, removing all the "cheaters" and then re-running the stats from week 1. So people who just missed the cuts in any of those weeks may end up making the cut now (likewise, as there will now be teams in weeks 2-4 playing that had previously been cut, they could bump some people that were at the bottom out of the cut.) .5 is actually a pretty big margin, and there would need to be a substantial number of "cheaters" removed to help you out. but stay tune. they have it scheduled for today for when they release the new results for weeks 1 thru 4. (although I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until later in the week. Can't be easy doing math for 8000+ people.)

Personally I say keep the cheater and throw out Bristol...the only thing that bothers me about this is his mouth....Lets take a look at his team (bristol's), :thumbdown: I guarantee it sucks and he wants a redo...sounds like chads in Florida to me....Vote NO on Bristol !!!!!!!
I agree!

There is another option... Take the 15K and divide it up between all remaining entries - I'll take my $3 in nickels, please. :P
:rotflmao: Nickel slots here we come! That is if we can fight off the old ladies to get at one.

Bristol posted his team on Sept 2nd in the thread "Now that the contest is closed, Post your $15,000 contest teams."His team:QBWarnerGreenHolcombRBGarnerO. SmithStaleyHearstWRBurressBookerDriverTim BrownStreetsMortonTERieresmaT. JohnsonK.ChristieM. AndersenDEFChiefsSaints

Bristol posted his team on Sept 2nd in the thread "Now that the contest is closed, Post your $15,000 contest teams."
oh man, this is too funny. check it out...QBWarner -16Green -10Holcomb -2RBGarner -48O. Smith -6Staley -5Hearst -6WRBurress -31Booker -25Driver -22Tim Brown -3Streets -5Morton -6TERieresma -2T. Johnson -2K. Christie -2M. Andersen -3DEFChiefs -3Saints -4Now break out your calculators. the cost of this team....$201. The team is over the salary cap and will be disqualified.

Bristol posted his team on Sept 2nd in the thread "Now that the contest is closed, Post your $15,000 contest teams."
oh man, this is too funny. check it out...QBWarner -16Green -10Holcomb -2RBGarner -48O. Smith -6Staley -5Hearst -6WRBurress -31Booker -25Driver -22Tim Brown -3Streets -5Morton -6TERieresma -2T. Johnson -2K. Christie -2M. Andersen -3DEFChiefs -3Saints -4Now break out your calculators. the cost of this team....$201. The team is over the salary cap and will be disqualified.
You are wrong!!! Actually, we are both wrong, but you are wrong because of the team that I posted. Never had Morten Andersen. Had him on the roster and changed it at the last minute and put in Dawson.Sorry to burst your bubble kid, but I am still alive and kicking.

Users who are viewing this thread