What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN's famous athelete in the world list (1 Viewer)

somebody above mentioned google-search/tweets, etc driving this list... not sure how relevant MJ is in that world. or any current world, other than "who's the greatest" sports nostalgia. or maybe hanes ads. 

eta:

from the epsn thing:

a formula that combines salary and endorsements with social media following and Google search popularity
Jordan has about 30MM combined Likes/follows on Facebook and Twitter (comparable with a lot of the non-soccer guys in this Top 20-30), owns an NBA team (still drawing income directly related to sports, actively involved in one of the most popular pro sports leagues in the world), and has a spinoff Nike brand in his name (which I imagine would score high in the Endorsements category).      

Jordan has about 30MM combined Likes/follows on Facebook and Twitter (comparable with a lot of the non-soccer guys in this Top 20-30), owns an NBA team (still drawing income directly related to sports, actively involved in one of the most popular pro sports leagues in the world), and has a spinoff Nike brand in his name (which I imagine would score high in the Endorsements category).      
solid points. no idea then, why he's not on this list at all.

Recently retired stars Kobe Bryant, Marshawn Lynch and Peyton Manning were included on the list because they played in 2015 and/or 2016.

only active athletes then. similar to why david beckham isn't on the list.

EYLive said:
I don't watch soccer or motorsports either, but to not know 10 out of the top 20 you'd really have to have your head in the sand.

I've never heard of #8, 9, 12, 14, and 19.
Shouldn't be on the list

Users who are viewing this thread