What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Euro Soccer Survivor *** Title stays on the west coast! (1 Viewer)

Gator - can you explain what games we can pick from? Seems like on EPL is playing this weekend - do we have to pick an EPL game?

Question from a noob, when the winter break starts for the three of the four leagues next month, will we carry on?

I tried to use the search function to find old threads to avoid this, yet here I am asking. :shrug:
IIRC, we had to get three picks in from Dec 8th to Jan 7th. Any weeks, as long as you got three picks in in separate weeks.
I think we tossed that idea around, but settled on: picks are only due if there are at least 3 active leagues in a given week.

I'm still in this thing, right?

eta: I mean... gotta be. right?

I'll take United beating that one team they beat last week. for the first time in months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how you could consider my run any better than Spartans and Johnsons - they haven't missed all year. As for me, if I recall Juventus hadn't lost a home opener in like a 100 years or some #### and nobody knew Chelsea was going to suck. There's no way I'm winning this though. :reversejinxengaged:

I think Spartans did this last year too..didn't lose for the longest time
Sparty - do you gamble on EPL? I'm one of the few non-degenerates around here who doesn't gamble at all but if I was going to I think I would have gambled on top-4 EPL matches the last 10 years. Pretty much once City took off and SAF retired things became a little more unpredictable but it seemed from around 2003-2013 it was somewhat easier top pick winners, especially among the top 4. I would think somebody could make some decent money betting on Bayern and PSG but again, I'm not a gambler so don't really know what I'm talking about.

I think Spartans did this last year too..didn't lose for the longest time
Sparty - do you gamble on EPL? I'm one of the few non-degenerates around here who doesn't gamble at all but if I was going to I think I would have gambled on top-4 EPL matches the last 10 years. Pretty much once City took off and SAF retired things became a little more unpredictable but it seemed from around 2003-2013 it was somewhat easier top pick winners, especially among the top 4. I would think somebody could make some decent money betting on Bayern and PSG but again, I'm not a gambler so don't really know what I'm talking about.
No, although I do look at lines sometimes to help with my picks. It would be hard to win much picking the huge clubs just because their lines are so astronomical (like -2000 at times). I haven't analyzed it real closely but it seems like there might be an edge in betting against popular clubs while they're struggling.

I still haven't won money in this. My super-conservative strategy is why I manage to go so long without losing, but then I fall apart around this time of year.

Sent.

I gotta remember to do this before Friday afternoon. I had 2 good options this week and one of them already started.

Users who are viewing this thread