What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Euro Soccer Survivor *** Title stays on the west coast! (1 Viewer)

The Gator

Footballguy
SPREADSHEET

• Survivor Pool Week 1: starts on Friday and ends Thursday
  • Pick one game each game week of the season (Friday through Thursday) from 1 of the "Big 4":England, Germany, Italy, Spain
  • Picks have to be posted in this thread prior to kickoff, but you don't have to post it prior to the start of the game week, i.e. you can wait to post your pick until Monday, if that's your selected games kickoff for that week.
  • Picks, results and "standing" will be posted on Google Docs spreadsheet (to be created)
  • Failing to make a pick on any given game week counts as a loss.
  • If draw on any game, that game gets added to next week's target
  • After 3 losses, you are out of the competition
  • You can only use each team once during the year, i.e. if you pick Malaga to win in week 1, you can't pick them as winners again for the rest of the season.
  •  
  • Prices:
  • If 20 or more people; 50/30/20
    If 10 or more people; 75/25
  • Expanded draw-rollover rule:
  • Week 1: Pick Team A
    Week 1 Result: Team A draws: (can't use Team A anymore but no loss is added to your count)

Week 2: Pick Team B and C
    Week 2 Result: Team B draws, Team C wins: still no losses (can't use Team B or C anymore, still no loss is added to your count)

Week 3: Pick Team D and E
    Week 3 Result: Team D wins, Team E loses, one loss on record (can't use Team D or E anymore)

Week 4: back to picking just a single team

what happens in week 3 if week 2 looks like this instead (2 draws)

Week 2: Pick Team B and C
Week 2 Result: Team B draws, Team C draws: still no losses (can't use Team B or C anymore, still no loss is added to your count)
Then you have to pick 3 teams. 1 team for the new week, and 1 each for your draws.
In-
Gator
Sebowski
Kobme
Eeeefus
Moe
Sole Fly
Blend- as long as he doesn't attend games :mia:
GPJ
Ramsay
Spartans are average
Floppy
CGRdrJoe

Last edited by a moderator:
New rule suggestion: Once you lose a game you can't pick from that league anymore. It will be harder for you EPL dorks, but you idiots need some culture anyway.

IN

I used to think I was +EV in this, but then it went on for about 100 years after I got eliminated last season. Now I'm OK with the fact that I'm making a donation.

New rule suggestion: Once you lose a game you can't pick from that league anymore. It will be harder for you EPL dorks, but you idiots need some culture anyway.
This has some potential. If we do it I think you should be allowed 4 losses (one from each league).

Pretty sure a football hating monkey could have done better than I did last year but I'll be in just to make you guys feel better about yourselves.

This has some potential. If we do it I think you should be allowed 4 losses (one from each league).
4 leagues? You telling me I can't pick Rio Ave over Academica?
Also, I want Eephus picking Dag & Red and Yeovil games.

Christo is in charge of the cyber cash.

I'll transfer the rules and start the spreadsheet when I get back in town tomorrow

Quick primer for the newbies:

Pick one game a week from La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and EPL (leagues listed in order of strength).

Can only pick a team once

If you draw you pick an extra game the next week

3 losses and you're out

---------------------

I propose we tweak it to one loss in each league and you're out. Can't pick from a league once you lose in that league.

Kobe and I went until about 2 weeks left on the season last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick primer for the newbies:

Pick one game a week from La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and EPL (leagues listed in order of strength).

Can only pick a team once

If you draw you pick an extra game the next week

3 losses and you're out

---------------------

I propose we tweak it to one loss in each league and you're out. Can't pick from a league once you lose in that league.

Kobe and I went until about 2 weeks left on the season last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjCHD41I7ok

The Gator said:
Christo is in charge of the cyber cash.

I'll transfer the rules and start the spreadsheet when I get back in town tomorrow
Nope, don't send me anything. I'm out of the pool too.

Ominous Johnson is back to donate some money. Not a bad idea from Sebowski. Would be concerned based on how late it went last year, that 4 losses might not happen by end of season.

I have a friend that wants in. He's waiting for an admin to validate his account. Little help? Any admins in here? Hos username is moleman619

Users who are viewing this thread