What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Exploit/Avoid Week 1...You drafted Studs, the real challenge is the RB2/WR3/Flex spots for most folks (1 Viewer)

Got to pick one of the following @ WR/TE flex... Gage, Doubs. A. Pierce, Likely... opp has Godwin and kickoff is too late to start Gage with confidence, otherwise the decision would have been easy.
Leaning towards Doubs atm with the Lizard situ (?) Any wisdom nuggets out there?
failed to add G. Wilson

MoP - what's your take on the Arizona Cardinal football team? D Hop suspended 6 games and sitting on my bench. Godwin looks limited. Wondering with either AJ Green or R Moore are worth the play in any of these first 6 games vs a Pickens type. I'm looking for a 3rd WR.
This is a weird situation as I thought Ertz would be the No 2 going into the weekend but his injury has his status in serious doubt.

AJGreen seems pretty washed to me at this point. Shell of anything he used to be
Rondale Moore seems like the logical choice and why folks assume he will just repeat a carbon copy of his rookies season confuses me...it's possible he's advanced more than a short screen or bubble screen on every play. They were trying to incorporate him quick into the offense and now he's had some more time and off season to work with Murray.

I would look at Moore as being the clear No 2
I'm keeping tabs on Eno Benjamin, he's now No 2 on the depth chart and has Conner in front of him that usually cannot stay healthy for too long. He might be an option as a receiving threat out of the back field.

Just my initial thoughts

Last edited:
MoP - what's your take on the Arizona Cardinal football team? D Hop suspended 6 games and sitting on my bench. Godwin looks limited. Wondering with either AJ Green or R Moore are worth the play in any of these first 6 games vs a Pickens type. I'm looking for a 3rd WR.
Seconding this question. AJ Green is sitting in free agency in my league. Would anyone start him over Mostert or Dotson? My reasoning for Mostert is I think the Pats offense will be terrible and gift the Fins with lots of 3 and outs, allowing them to run the ball a lot.

With Dotson he's suuposedly been Wentz' favorite camp target and gets to debut his blazing speed and reliable hands against the not so impressive Jags defense
I think Wentz is better than what they have had in several years so it's possible Dotson can come right in and take off. I liked this rookie from Penn State, flown under the radar for most NFL fans.

See my above notes on Arizona

Last edited:
Looking at Aiyuk, E. Moore, J. Jones, or K. Hunt for a flex spot with Aiyuk currently penciled in. Moore I don't fully trust yet with a potential backup QB in play and want to see how all of the target share plays out with the new pieces on that team. Jones could get a big piece of the available targets there with Evans and Godwin being the focus of the defense but want to see it play out.
Moore was 8-141-1 td in Flacco's one start last year (against Miami) fwiw.
One game is a pretty small sample size although his floor might still be pretty high in PPR. Aiyuk has a great matchup and could get more target shore with Kittle dinged up but the risk is that they just rush for 250 yards on Chicago and SF doesn't do much through the air.

It looks like Rondale Moore is OUT

Ertz practiced but was limited.

Hollywood brown about the last man standing at WR right now.

Wonder if the RBs see more action? EnoBen sighting this week?

Okay MoP I did it again - Just dropped George Pickens and picked up Sammy Watkins for my WR #3 this week. LOL
I'd rather have Aaron Rodgers @ QB. The doubtful with Lazard cemented the deal.

Week 1 I don’t mess around. I start my best players regardless of matchup.

Redraft especially, barring injury. I start players in the order I drafted them.

IMO week 1 should be everyone’s easiest lineup calls.
Here's a tough decision for one of my NFFC teams. I am weak at RB 2 and currently have Tony Pollard in the line up. I could replace him with Derrell Henderson who scored 12.3 points on Thursday even though Pollard is my better player. I'll probably just gamble and leave in Pollard. If he comes up short of 12.3 it shouldn't be by much and he could always score more.

Redraft especially, barring injury. I start players in the order I drafted them.

Here's a tough decision for one of my NFFC teams. I am weak at RB 2 and currently have Tony Pollard in the line up. I could replace him with Derrell Henderson who scored 12.3 points on Thursday even though Pollard is my better player. I'll probably just gamble and leave in Pollard. If he comes up short of 12.3 it shouldn't be by much and he could always score more.
Definitely a gamble, especially with a bird in the hand.

I have Pollard higher than Henderson in my weekly rankings, so I’d probably do that as well. If he’s got his usual workload, he’ll hit that number.

And if he’s going to get receptions in the slot as alleged, he’ll blow that number away.

12 isn’t enough to not go for what’s behind door #2, IMO. If Hendo had a TD for 18, I’d swap for sure.

It looks like Rondale Moore is OUT

Ertz practiced but was limited.

Hollywood brown about the last man standing at WR right now.

Wonder if the RBs see more action? EnoBen sighting this week?
If I’m KC I am blanketing brown & daring AZ to throw to Green or anyone else.

No Hopkins, no Moore - that’s gonna be rough sledding for Murray.

I have Pollard higher than Henderson in my weekly rankings, so I’d probably do that as well. If he’s got his usual workload, he’ll hit that number.

And if he’s going to get receptions in the slot as alleged, he’ll blow that number away.

12 isn’t enough to not go for what’s behind door #2, IMO. If Hendo had a TD for 18, I’d swap for sure.
I think if Henderson scores one point more I leave him in. Given we can win money with overall points I think playing Pollard is worth the gamble. He only scored seven points last year against Tampa but that was with a more robust set of pass catchers. If he does get more looks in the slot that would be huge.

I think this decision is really close.

I think if Henderson scores one point more I leave him in. Given we can win money with overall points I think playing Pollard is worth the gamble.
I’m considering claiming a K in the league I had Gay for the same reason.

New Orleans -5.5 I don't like laying a lot of points but I have little hope for Atlanta in '22. They look like a team set up to lose a lot of football games.
Chicago +6.5 Betting on Lance to have some issues early on the road, San Fran wins the game but the Bears manage to keep it close.
Pittsburgh +7 Division rivalry Week 1. The Bengals are far more talented but the Steelers are well coached and are not trying to lose a lot of games this year.
Detroit +5 Just a hunch, love home dogs Week 1 where I don't see a major gap in talent across the board. Nobody has to agree with me.

Miami -3.5 If the Miami Dolphins are to be taken seriously as a Playoff contender, they have to come out strong at home in the Tropical Rainforest of Hard Rock
NY Jets +6.5 Ravens win the game but not the spread plus there's always a few upsets Week 1, Flacco vs his old team seems like a great story.
Jacksonville +3 Jaguars are going to win in a blowout this weekend. Their Air Raid should be much improved vs a Defense missing some pieces. This is a great game to bet by itself.
Carolina Pk'Em. Looks like this line moved quite a bit towards Carolina and I do like them to win tomorrow. Baker's season might not go all that well but he should be able to beat a Jacoby Brissett football tam and should he lose and be a deciding factor in that loss with a poor performance...I can't imagine how low he would feel on the sideline unable to beat his former team, the Browns. Pride, I'm betting pure pride in this one by the Carolina QB.

Indy -7 Most of the home teams that are big dogs I tend to like in Week 1 but this match up, I'm surprised the Colts aren't double digit favorites. Should be a BLOWOUT imho.
Tennessee -5.5 I haven't seen anything thus far to make me believe in the Giants winning this football game on the road Week 1. Titans by double digits.
Minnesota +1 Packers sometimes come out slow Week1 and then the sky is falling. Vikes are hyped as a good team, should hold and win at home Week 1.
Arizona +6.5 Lot of points at home and Mahomes will still need to find some rhythm with his new receivers. Cards are down Hopkins and Moore, will need a big performance from Murray and some help from their RBs.
LVR +3.5 I don't see that much difference yet. Raiders will have a lot of fans in the stands. I like the Chargers but they have to prove they can win consistently.
Tampa Bay -2.5 Dallas appears to be fighting thru a lot of issues. The Bucs are having some challenges too but much f it is media driven. I'll take Tom in Primetime.
Denver -6.5 Not betting against Wilson in his 1st game as a Denver Bronco in front of his former fans in Seattle, pretty unbelievable script to cap off Week 1.

What you got tomorrow for all these office pools?

Users who are viewing this thread