What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Factoid of the day (1 Viewer)

While we're cherry picking and using arbitrary cutoffs:

Number of times Adrian Peterson failed to reach 100+ combined yards (rushing/receiving) in the last 12 regular season games: 2

Number of times Adrian Peterson failed to score a TD in those same last 12 regular season games: 4

Carry on......

Peterson had 133 yards rushing and 2 TDs in week 10 last year, but it was Minnesota's 9th game. In the 8 games since then he has 804 total yards and 7 TDs. Decent numbers for a bad stretch of games.

While we're cherry picking and using arbitrary cutoffs:Number of times Adrian Peterson failed to reach 100+ combined yards (rushing/receiving) in the last 12 regular season games: 2Number of times Adrian Peterson failed to score a TD in those same last 12 regular season games: 4Carry on......
And while we're at it:Number of RB's who have more combined yards in the last 12 regular seasons games: 3 (CJ3, Rice, MJD)Number of RB's who have more TDs in the last 12 regular season games: 1 (CJ3)Carry on......

I'm just stating a fact. I don't own him but would love to. Just a fact.

I love how the AP owners get all defensive and start spewing out different facts supporting their drafting of him at #1 or 2. I didn't say the guy sucked. Jeez.

I'm just stating a fact. I don't own him but would love to. Just a fact. I love how the AP owners get all defensive and start spewing out different facts supporting their drafting of him at #1 or 2. I didn't say the guy sucked. Jeez.
Who's getting defensive or talking about where they drafted him? I'm just stating facts too. Jeez.

I'm just stating a fact. I don't own him but would love to. Just a fact. I love how the AP owners get all defensive and start spewing out different facts supporting their drafting of him at #1 or 2. I didn't say the guy sucked. Jeez.
Seriously. I don't think half of these people would go through the effort to defend their own mothers than they are with ADP. A constructive answer would be...it (1) shows the Vikings shift to a passing team and (2) while the Vikes have shifted to a more even split it keeps ADP fresher for the long haul and he has also been more involved in the passing game as evidenced by his leap in receptions from '08 to '09.Here is another interesting fact. Only once in his career has MJD had back-to-back 100+ yard rushing games.

I do think there is a "little" validity to the fact that AP has struggled running the ball recently.

- If you take his last 8 regular season games (half an NFL season), he's averaging 19 carries for 69 rushing yards at a 3.6 clip.

- Add in the two playoff games from last year and you get 20 carries for 74 rushing yards at a 3.6 clip.

I don't think there is any reasons to worry, as this is most likely just a valley in his stastical average, but it's something to watch.

Because that was the response you were probably looking for. If you post a simple fact without any other reasoning or discussion of your own, you leave the general public to decide for themselves what your true intent was. Considering the factoid obviously carries negative connotations, I'm going to suspect that the response from the general public was EXACTLY what you were looking for. Carry on...

Another interesting fact... interpret this however one wants. Adrian Peterson's running style has often been compared to Earl Campbell's. In addition, it's amazing how similar their career paths have resembled each other statistically.

Through their first 3 seasons.

Campbell

1043 Carries

5081 Rushing Yards

4.87 YPC

Peterson

915 Carries

4484 Rushing yards

4.90 YPC

*** This is not to say I think AP's career path will continue to mirror that of Campbell's (injuries, decline in production...) I just found the similarities interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread