What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 15 (1 Viewer)

Bradford could be a sneaky GPP QB play here, aslo like Diggs and Rudolph.  McKinnon is an option but I don’t like the way that Asiata is stealing touches especially GL touches.  I feel like this Minn Def can be thrown on, I like Luck here just not cash like.  TY is an option as well.  Forbath could be a K option for both the main slate and the 1pm slate.
AP to start against Indy, probably still best to keep your distance from all 3 of these MIN RBs.  AP has disappointed too many times in the past.  At least when David Johnson disappoints he still gives you like 14pts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I crazy for wanting to use Brady in cash games?

He's cheaper than Ryan, and I have a hard time trusting any of the cheaper guys like Tyrod and Flacco. I know he historically "struggles" in Denver, but he did throw 3 TDs there in the regular season last year and has generally had some success against this Denver secondary outside of the playoff debacle. He's got a better o-line this year and a great run game and Denver will most likely be without 2 of their starting LBs. I really like the lineups I've been able to construct when I stack him with Blount or Edelman. I'm able to squeeze Bell and AB/Tyreek Hill in and it at least makes me a little more confident about the QB I'm using

Am I crazy for wanting to use Brady in cash games?

He's cheaper than Ryan, and I have a hard time trusting any of the cheaper guys like Tyrod and Flacco. I know he historically "struggles" in Denver, but he did throw 3 TDs there in the regular season last year and has generally had some success against this Denver secondary outside of the playoff debacle. He's got a better o-line this year and a great run game and Denver will most likely be without 2 of their starting LBs. I really like the lineups I've been able to construct when I stack him with Blount or Edelman. I'm able to squeeze Bell and AB/Tyreek Hill in and it at least makes me a little more confident about the QB I'm using
Brady has had some decent games against Denver but keep in mind that was with Gronk. I don't think Brady is a cash game play as he has shown a pretty low floor recently with his big salary. 

Raging weasel said:
I spent about 15 mins of research and scored 188.75. Needed to hit 200 to win .12 lol. No idea what a good score is as Ive never played before either.

imbraovic/liorente

allen/armabat/sigurdsson

jones/reid

pickford
There is no such thing as a good score.  Scoring is driven by goal scoring.  If most of the games on a slate are 0 or 1 goal outcomes the scoring is low.  If a game goes 5-4 the scoring will be in the 300's.  You'll have players that score 80 points one week and 5 points the next.

Ran 5 lineups yesterday and 2 cashed at 196 and 187.

Had a lineup two weeks ago that didn't cash at 234 and the winner had 379.

Rolling with 1 cash lineup for main

smith bell dj crab Watkins inman Kelce forbath kc

mini squib

carr bell Elliot ty will Beasley Gabriel gates Bryant bills

I've been laying out about $100 per week and am down around $150 on the season. I had the same weekly budget last year and ended up about $1200. I've definitely had a few additional bad beats this year but I feel as though the competition is significantly stronger this time around. Just looking at the shrinking milly maker is enough to see that the more casual players have dropped out. Everyone who's left gets better every week. Seems like next year I'd need to drop cash games completely and switch to rolling armies of percentage-based auto-generated lineups into gpps, and I just don't want to do that. Sigh.
Same thing with me this year.  I have not had one week where I can look back and say, yep that was a bad LU I put out there.  But I am down on the season after making a good amount last year also.

Wow.
I have more Kenneth Dixon exposure than I'd like to admit and I was SWEATING before that TD.

well 1pm games were pretty much as ####ty as we thought they might be.  had a bunch of arod/jordy/adams.  feel cheated.  thanks for dropping two wide open in the end zone eazy td passes davante...

of my 150 1pm tourney lineups my highest score was 133!  somehow only lost a few bucks in that gpp and profited 1pm overall bc of the cash games.

i doubt it.  i mean i guess its possible.  but with excellent high priced rb options and no qb/wrs to pay up for really it seems like it would have been pretty bad to play dixon in cash.  or farrow.

i doubt it.  i mean i guess its possible.  but with excellent high priced rb options and no qb/wrs to pay up for really it seems like it would have been pretty bad to play dixon in cash.  or farrow.
Just thought I saw those names being thrown around, but could be wrong, or it was more for DK with the full ppr. 

hopefully you mean gpps and not cash?
3x, 5x, 100 mans, GPP mostly.  But yeah, as some have said, Dodds' touted him in his weekly FBG column and I was looking for the salary relief.  

I bought too much into the "changing of the guard in BAL backfield"  narrative without properly weighing the chance of a goose egg.  In the end, 9.6 @ $5100 did not make or break anything.  

How come they never have 3x and 5x contests on the 1pm Only or Sun-Mon slates?
That's one thing that I wish both sites would improve.  Seems like it's just gpps or 50/50 and 2xs on a lot of the smaller slates.  Not sure if it's the case at higher entry levels, but have noticed that for the $2 and under contests. 

Well, had a good week, finally.  Won all contest entered and scored 130.94...I entered head to heads, double ups, 50/50's, 3 man leagues, and put it in 1 $1 tourney.

Rivers

D. Johnson

Freeman

T. Hill

Evans

Crabtree

Gresham

forbath

Buffalo

How come they never have 3x and 5x contests on the 1pm Only or Sun-Mon slates?
That's one thing that I wish both sites would improve.  Seems like it's just gpps or 50/50 and 2xs on a lot of the smaller slates.  Not sure if it's the case at higher entry levels, but have noticed that for the $2 and under contests. 
I find that annoying as well.  Even on the main slate, I wish there were more $2 triple ups. There seems to be more 5x made available at $2 than 3x.

Looking to be a positive week for me

Main Slate:
Ryan DJ Dixon AB Crabtree Gabriel Rudolph Bailey Bills - 127.24, cashed 2x, 3x, 5x, GPPs.  Missed  in all 100 mans.
Taylor Bell Dixon BeckhamJr Watkins Gabriel Kelce Bryant Bills - 100.96. Watkins stack busted. Didn't cash anything.

Thu-Mon
Cousins DJ Bell Crabtree RAnderson Garcon Kelce Bryant Seahawks - sitting at 102 with Cousins and Garcon to go.  my 5x money lines are at ~116 right now

Did great yesterday.  Changed up my technique and put in one LU for the 1pm Only, Main, and Sun-Mon slates.  Diversified between the slates (still not totally sure about this though).  Played them on 5050s, 2x, 3x, 5x, 20-man, 100-man, and GPP (obviously not 3x and 5x on 1pm Only and Sun-Mon).  The 1pm Only 116pts and Main slate 131pts cashed everything they were in.  My Cousins-Garcon Sun-Mon slate should cash at the 5050 and 2x levels, but probably not 20-100-GPP unless they connect a couple times.

Did great yesterday.  Changed up my technique and put in one LU for the 1pm Only, Main, and Sun-Mon slates.  Diversified between the slates (still not totally sure about this though).  Played them on 5050s, 2x, 3x, 5x, 20-man, 100-man, and GPP (obviously not 3x and 5x on 1pm Only and Sun-Mon).  The 1pm Only 116pts and Main slate 131pts cashed everything they were in.  My Cousins-Garcon Sun-Mon slate should cash at the 5050 and 2x levels, but probably not 20-100-GPP unless they connect a couple times.
How do the 20 man money lines compare to 100 man?  Have been using the 100 man as my "non-GPP-contest-above-5x".  I suppose the 20 man cash lines could be highly variable. 

You can always use 3 and 5 man in the place of triple ups. Not quite the same but gives you something if you want it

How do the 20 man money lines compare to 100 man?  Have been using the 100 man as my "non-GPP-contest-above-5x".  I suppose the 20 man cash lines could be highly variable. 
I've noticed the cuts are usually a little lower, but they'll become more like H2H the further down you go.  I don't have huge sample sizes to work with. Started playing them a couple months ago.

For instance, yesterday main slate 131pts won a 20-man and cashed in 10th in a 100-man, and it also won my private 10-man.  Last week 138pts finished 2nd in a 20-man but out of the money in all the 100-mans I was in.

small victory in the 1pm games.  no main slate cash games.  all in on cousins tonight to determine my week.  (in before 229-1 with 2 picks)

For instance, yesterday main late 131pts won a 20-man and cashed in 10th in a 100-man, and it also won my private 10-man.  Last week 138pts finished 2nd in a 20-man but out of the money in all the 100-mans I was in.
what is 'main late'?  like the 4pm + snf?  is this a good slate to play?

sooted72 said:
oh thats not a real thing?  well is should be.
I thought I have seen that before.  Could have sworn that I saw a 4pm slate that had the afternoon games and then a late slate that had the 2 later games (4:25) + the SNF games or something like that. 

Well didn't get to post much this week, but ended up finishing like this for week. Bet 247 Won 359, so +112 for week. 

Once again, only 1 of my 3 Cash LU hit for week, but it cleaned all my games played for----Bet 67 Won 178

Had a good GPP score (152) that won me 50 and 25, so that picked up some slack. 

I went stud RB in all three LU's with Zeke and DJ, they carried me. My Thur/Mon LU with Seattle defense and Hauska scored 130 and was my winning LU. All my WR's pretty much sucked this week, and had Cousins in the one that won at QB. 

I am starting to run out of steam a little, which is hurting my weekly process........

Worst week of the season for me, only win was Thu -Mon 50/50 so down $9.40.  Going with just 1 lineup each for cash/gpp did me in.

Hitting on the cheap RB did me in.  Would have been better up ponying up for DJ, Bell, and Zeke across the board forcing me to guys like Ginn and Clay.  Hitting on Powell is great in theory until you load him up with a bunch of Ben/AB and Rodgers/Adams and Cousins/Reed stacks.

eta - Did have an entry finish 16th of 5800 in the crossover challenge to win $40.  7 of 9 $2 entries cashed for $74 out on $18 in.

Spending down at QB killed me in Week 15.  So much Cousins / Flacco / Tyrod

Had some Montgomery, but not nearly enough.

Eked out a small win overall, but it would have been huge if Cousins could have managed even one TD pass!   Grumble.

Users who are viewing this thread