What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

I realized that, unintentionally, my lineup consists entirely of 1PM games. This usually doesn't happen, but what's the right strategy play here? Do you enter it in 1PM only slates? Play the full Sunday slate? Sunday-Monday slate?
I'm curious to hear people's take on this too. I can see the rationale either way.
Well in theory, if those 1pm players are in fact the optimal plays, you gain an advantage by playing them in the full slate, because there will be players at 4pm, SNF, MNF who are not optimal.

Think of RB A playing at 1pm.... whatever his ownership percentage is on the 1pm only slate, it will be lower on the Sunday only and Full slates, because there are more options.

On the other hand, if you LU is not optimal, you shield yourself somewhat by playing the 1pm only slate from, let's say RB B playing at 4pm, who happens to blow up and hurt your LU.

So I think the answer is both slates. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I realized that, unintentionally, my lineup consists entirely of 1PM games. This usually doesn't happen, but what's the right strategy play here? Do you enter it in 1PM only slates? Play the full Sunday slate? Sunday-Monday slate?
I'm curious to hear people's take on this too. I can see the rationale either way.
If you think the ideal lineup is entirely 1pm players then enter it in full slate. Means you're playing against people who have rostered guys you don't like.

I play a buddy at work heads up every week. Very small stakes. He always picks Bell from Pittsburgh. What is the move here? Do I take Bell to make that a wash? Just curious what the shark move is here.

NixonMask said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
JFS171 said:
If you think the ideal lineup is entirely 1pm players then enter it in full slate. Means you're playing against people who have rostered guys you don't like.
But that approach assumes 100% accuracy in your lineup. I THINK I have the optimum lineup every single time I hit "submit". Everyone does -- no one believes their lineup isn't the best choice. The problem is, we're basically always wrong. So the issue becomes about the percentages.

Why do I feel like I need Gurley in every LU?
You like winning?

NixonMask said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
JFS171 said:
But that approach assumes 100% accuracy in your lineup. I THINK I have the optimum lineup every single time I hit "submit". Everyone does -- no one believes their lineup isn't the best choice. The problem is, we're basically always wrong. So the issue becomes about the percentages.
So on the smaller slate your guys will be higher owned. If they have a crappy night then theyre still lowering your score, yes theyll effect maybe 10-40% more of the other players, but theyre on 100% of your action. And if they have a good day theyre on alot lower percentage of the other players rosters on the full slate. I do agree with karmaroster though, if you legit have a full 1pm roster for the full set of games it is only +EV to split the action between the two slates, almost no risk with some free protection against variance.

What do you guys think of McFadden at $6,400? Should get 15+ carries. If he averages 4 ypc and scores thats about 2x value with the upside being possible goal line TD's.

What do you guys think of McFadden at $6,400? Should get 15+ carries. If he averages 4 ypc and scores thats about 2x value with the upside being possible goal line TD's.
In cash I am having a hard time getting away from Gurley/Forsett. The ownership rates are going to be high enough that if they fail I still have a chance if I get the right WR's. That said with Randle out, Dez comng back to help, and that line you have to think he can earn on that number.

I am going to use McFadden I think on DK because he is only 3.8k. While matchup is tough, with Dez back it will help a bit. McFadden catches passes and he looks to be the only RB there with Randle out. Unless Christine Michael gets a lot of work. If McFadden is able to get a lot of yards or a TD he will easily exceed value.

I am able to get in Gurley, Forsett, Brown and Keenan. If I use Dalton instead of Rivers on DK, I can upgrade Keenan to Hopkins.

I am going to use McFadden I think on DK because he is only 3.8k. While matchup is tough, with Dez back it will help a bit. McFadden catches passes and he looks to be the only RB there with Randle out. Unless Christine Michael gets a lot of work. If McFadden is able to get a lot of yards or a TD he will easily exceed value.

I am able to get in Gurley, Forsett, Brown and Keenan. If I use Dalton instead of Rivers on DK, I can upgrade Keenan to Hopkins.
I'm not convinced Hopkins is an upgrade over Keenan personally. Keenan has a great matchup and gets targeted like crazy. I know there's a lot of love for Ledarius Green this week, but he was hardly a target monster when Gates was out to start the year. Rivers seems to have eyes for Keenan and Gates and nobody else. If Gates is out, I like Keenan to get a dozen or more targets against a really, really bad pass defense.

I'm not convinced Hopkins is an upgrade over Keenan personally. Keenan has a great matchup and gets targeted like crazy. I know there's a lot of love for Ledarius Green this week, but he was hardly a target monster when Gates was out to start the year. Rivers seems to have eyes for Keenan and Gates and nobody else. If Gates is out, I like Keenan to get a dozen or more targets against a really, really bad pass defense.
Who do you want at TE then, green seems like the best bet at a good price.

Who do you want at TE then, green seems like the best bet at a good price.
I don't think Green is a bad play at TE, I just don't think he's the end-all, be-all. Walker has some appeal to me, as does Witten. Witten is probably more of a GPP play than cash play, but I may run him in out in 1 cash slate. Seattle is horrible against TEs this year. Eifert is appealing to me in cash as well.

I'm not espousing any of those TEs as necessarily better than any of the others, just pointing out that IMO they are all about equally appealing.

What I do think is true is that Allen is flying under the radar a bit because Green is sucking up all the hype oxygen in that game.

Is Gates definitely out?
Not yet, he hasn't practiced all week is all I've seen so far. But the good thing is they play in the eastern time zone, so we will know for sure.
They are basically saying that "if he wakes-up Sunday and the trainers say he can go, we'll play him because he's a veteran and doesn't need practice time". I've seen nothing indicating that they expect the trainers to clear him. Regardless, it doesn't much change my assessment of Allen. Interestingly, Green's numbers really didn't change much when Gates returned:

5-74-1 (on 6 targets)

5-47-0 (6 targets)

4-53-1 (6 targets)

5-50-0 (5 targets) (Gates back)

3-35-1 (4 targets) (Gates back)

4-45-1 (9 targets)

His targets jumped last week, but game script had SD throwing a lot even for SD.

EDIT: Misread "percentage of plays" column as "yards" column. Corrected.

Love Allen as well. Greens price point with td upside (see someone's post about 2pt conv attempts in the Green thread) are why he is appealing to me. If I have to pay up to say Eifert I'm not liking what I have to downgrade. I'll have a little Eifert exposure already so my pivot off Green would mostly be Walker. Seen Witten mentioned here so I'd give that some thought. Below Green is Gilmore which could be interesting.

Love Allen as well. Greens price point with td upside (see someone's post about 2pt conv attempts in the Green thread) are why he is appealing to me. If I have to pay up to say Eifert I'm not liking what I have to downgrade. I'll have a little Eifert exposure already so my pivot off Green would mostly be Walker. Seen Witten mentioned here so I'd give that some thought. Below Green is Gilmore which could be interesting.
Agree almost completely. I'm currently running with ~47% Walker, ~30% Green, ~23% Witten at TE in my 4 cash lineups. I'm debating a 3rd Sunday cash lineup, but I'm already a little more out there this week than I should be. If I do add a 3rd, Gilmore and Olsen are the 2 guys I'm looking at, depending on how I would go at WR. I think I've convinced myself to go with a 3rd lineup if I'm positive on the NBA tonight.

Running a lot of lineups, in a lot of formats, but my most common is

QB: P. Rivers
RB: T. Gurley
RB: D. Woodhead
WR: A. Jeffery
WR: A. Cooper
WR: M. Bryant
TE: L. Green
K: C. Boswell
D: Rams

for some reason I am not liking any cash LU I put together...

THis is my fav so far

Cam

Gurley

Forsett

ODB

FLoyd

k. Allen

Walker

Bryant

Rams

Also almost every optimizer is say to play crabbtree.. I am just not feeling him against the jets.. anyone else?

I'lk have to condense my post this week, no explanations, not a lot of time.

I'm all over Brandin Cooks this week. Still getting plenty of targets, has a decent floor but his upside has been surprisingly low.

Fading Gurley. Still think he'll produce but that 49ers team is a wreck... Hyde is out, Boldin is injured, I think this game gets out of hand and that Gurley won't need that many touches. I also think Fisher will try to get Nick Foles into more of a rhythm with Britt and Austin.

I'd rather go with Bell or Forte at home.

QB's I like:

Dalton. Steelers touch to run on but has plenty of options to spread it around. AJ Green has a touch match-up but can win because he is an elite receiver, and oh yeah he has Eifert, Jones, Sanu, and Bernard out of the backfield.

Hoyer. Still throwing a ton, I can see Hopkins and Washington getting plenty of targets. Mettenberger may struggle on offense giving Hoyer more offensive opportunities/snaps. Polk is a threat out of the backfield.

Brees.

Cutler. I'm a Bears homer, they usually play better coming out of the bye. Jeffrey can beat Rhodes, Bennett is still a TE1, Forte can catch out of the backfield. Royal doesn't have a good match-up but he's like a poor man's Edelman, he may be able to get the short game going.

Fitzpatrick only if Decker plays.

RB's I like:

Bell. Obvious.

Freeman. Duh.

Forte.

Forsett.

DMC believe it or not, I can easily seem him getting 100 yards and a TD in this game.

Charcandrick.

Duke Johnson if you want a cheap option.

WR's I like:

Maclin. Playing, gonna score a TD sooner or later.

Hopkins. Good GPP option since he seems to be slightly lesser owned than Julio Jones and Keenan Allen. People are afraid of the Texans because they've been beat bad lately and Foster got injured, but Hopkins produced just fine without Foster his first few games.

Jeffrey.

Decker if he plays.

Cooks. Mentioned this earlier.

Marvin Jones.

Mike Wallace.

Golden Tate.

TE's I like:

Olsen.

Bennett.

Eifert.

Def:

Gano

Bryant

Forbath

Santos

Someone talk me out of the Ronnie hillman gpp play. Packers run defense is only soso. Got killed by forte, gurley, and Charles who are obviously all elite and better talents than hillman but potential is there and got 20 carries last week.

My cash LU:

Netwon

Gurley, Forsett

Jeffery, K.Allen, Washington

Eifert

M.Bryant

Rams

My gpp:

Bridgewater

Chris Johnson, J.Stewart

Diggs, Beckham Jr, Julio

Green

Boswell

Packers

Someone talk me out of the Ronnie hillman gpp play. Packers run defense is only soso. Got killed by forte, gurley, and Charles who are obviously all elite and better talents than hillman but potential is there and got 20 carries last week.
Packer fan here.

-Forte killed them week 1. He always does.

-Charles scored 2 TDs late in a laugher of a game. 11 carries for 49 yards. Didn't get much going for most of the game.

-Gurley was moderately shut down in the first half vs the Packers as well. Roughly 17/64/0. Gurley torched them in the 2nd half. Roughly 13/95/0. It took a long time for the Rams running game to get going, but eventually it worked.

-Packers are coming off of a bye, and they are getting some key guys back on D. I think they are really gonna put the clamps on the Bronco offense.

We're all looking for that discount RB. I'll never say never, especially when Hillman could put up great garbage time stats. But I think the Packer D is gonna press the line, and the Bronco O will be stagnant for most of this one. Manning's arm is cooked, and the Packers have very good DBs.

I prefer Woodhead at the same price, or Duke or Sims for less.

Gates looks like he is going to test his knee in the warmups. Will people pivot from Green to Walker if Gates plays? Or just assume he is on a snap count anyway and stay with Green?

Gates looks like he is going to test his knee in the warmups. Will people pivot from Green to Walker if Gates plays? Or just assume he is on a snap count anyway and stay with Green?
I think most people believe Green will still get enough looks with Gates in to keep in their rosters.

I felt OK with this lineup, but am second guessing now. It's my main cash LU

Fitzpatrick

Forsett

Doug Martin

K Allen

Julio

T Austin

Eifert

Lambo

Rams

I guess it's that I'm relying on Fitzpatrick, I don't know.

I felt OK with this lineup, but am second guessing now. It's my main cash LU

Fitzpatrick

Forsett

Doug Martin

K Allen

Julio

T Austin

Eifert

Lambo

Rams

I guess it's that I'm relying on Fitzpatrick, I don't know.
Wouldn't mind Fitzpatrick this week. Mangold is out and Ivory's got a history of dings. Raiders secondary blows.

My cash lineup (I tend to let the volume of leagues and formats give me variance rather than trying to hit on multiple lineups):

Dalton

Bell

Gurley

Jeffery

Diggs

Michael Floyd

Eifert

Boswell

Rams

So many great WR plays in the middle tiers that I feel it's worth paying up at RB and QB this week. Jeffery and Diggs are basically WR1s, and I can't see reason to pay up for Julio or Hopkins when Jeffery and Diggs may well produce similarly.

I play a buddy at work heads up every week. Very small stakes. He always picks Bell from Pittsburgh. What is the move here? Do I take Bell to make that a wash? Just curious what the shark move is here.
I'd probably roster A. Brown just to make things more fun.

wyattroa said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
Any official word on Brown?
Just heard on sirius XM he is likely to play..Are people going to be pivoting off floyd then? Doesnt help its a late start...I am HEAVY on floyd right now
It isn't a late start, but at 4900 I think I am going to keep Floyd in. He doesn't need a huge day to return value on that cost. The other options would be to go up to Washington or Crabtree and that would cause other major moves in my lineup.

I didn't pivot off Floyd given his dirt cheap cost. I'd have to change up nearly everything else.

I didn't pivot off Floyd given his dirt cheap cost. I'd have to change up nearly everything else.
It could be done with a pivot to Washington and downgrading Eifert to Walker or Ladarius Green... Guess I'll consider that as we approach the 1PM games, but I've got Floyd in every single Sunday-only lineup.

His ownership is anywhere from 7-15%

wyattroa said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
Just heard on sirius XM he is likely to play..Are people going to be pivoting off floyd then? Doesnt help its a late start...I am HEAVY on floyd right now
It isn't a late start, but at 4900 I think I am going to keep Floyd in. He doesn't need a huge day to return value on that cost. The other options would be to go up to Washington or Crabtree and that would cause other major moves in my lineup.
At $4900 I'm probably going to stick with Floyd in some of my lineups, but I'm about 70% invested in him, which is probably too much now.

I'm probably off of Green if Gates goes. I wasn't in love with him anyway.

Where are all the $1 mini Dives? Been playing those with a cash lineup. Have had more luck with those than the 250-person leagues.

wyattroa said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
At $4900 I'm probably going to stick with Floyd in some of my lineups, but I'm about 70% invested in him, which is probably too much now.

I'm probably off of Green if Gates goes. I wasn't in love with him anyway.
I'm off Green & sticking with Floyd as well. I'm going to pivot down to Heath Miller for about half of my Green entries. He should be much more involved with Big Ben back this week. He was solid in weeks 1 & 2.

Bennett at $5700 for TE is a guy Ive got sprinkled in I dont see anyone mentioning. Not going to sell him over Eifert, but hes worth thinking about.

This Floyd thing is annoying me. My options are to stick with Dalton and Floyd, or pivot off Floyd to Nate Washington and downgrade Dalton to Fitzpatrick in the Sunday-Monday slates.

I don't hate Fitzpatrick this week, but I do worry the Jets dominate and control the game all day with limited volume from Fitz.

What's the consensus here? Floyd returns value at 10 points. He's been 13+, 13+, 2, and 9 his past four games.

Users who are viewing this thread