What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Winners - WEEK 2 (1 Viewer)

I learned not to play in the baseball games. I don't know as much as I thought I did. It seems more like a guessing game than in football. Even if you find great match ups, your studs can still put up negative points on any given night. I felt like I was just pulling names out of a hat. And if a game gets rained out, you are out of luck.

I would be more interested if it is a multiply day contest for baseball, rather than just one day.

I think I will stick to football on the weekends.

I learned not to play in the baseball games. I don't know as much as I thought I did. It seems more like a guessing game than in football. Even if you find great match ups, your studs can still put up negative points on any given night. I felt like I was just pulling names out of a hat. And if a game gets rained out, you are out of luck. I would be more interested if it is a multiply day contest for baseball, rather than just one day.I think I will stick to football on the weekends.
i dont play baseball but i've heard "stacking" was a good strategy. basically, you grab a bunch of players on a team that will score a lot. i guess the idea is more runs comes from more hits and more hits means more rbi's for everyone.

I think everyone is making the same point, just beating around the bush. Ultimately, you have to pick your own team but these boards are very good to sense the general public. That said, there will always be sure plays that hit and sure plays that sink. If you played Spiller and faded DMC, you struck gold. If you played DMC and faded Spiller, you got burned. But in the 50/50's you'll probably see many of the same players rostered since only guys who know what they are doing will be betting money. So you'll see Bush on a lot of teams esp. if Forte is ruled out. Now do you fade him or start him is the ultimate question that each of us will have to answer.
ok, i do agree. its better to play conservative in the 50/50's. i will add 1 more tip that we didn't mention.never ever start vjax in a 50/50
VJax did pretty well last week. I agree in a .5 ppr he isn't usually worth it esp. with this output probably making him too expensive. But yeah 50/50 you don't need to beat everyone so you don't need to fade everyone and you can win without starting Amendola meanwhile in a big league, you probably had to start Spiller, Amendola, and RGIII just to have a chance.
right, but the payoffs are bigger so you don't have to win as often to see a profit.i only did okay in week 1 but i still made some good money from playing a bunch of cheap 5 man-1 prize leagues50/50's seem to be a popular choice here because it limits risk at the expense of upsidebut you can still minimize risk by playing many "normal" leagues while at the same time, put yourself in better position to capitalize on huge weeks.this only works with large bankrolls though. if you are playing with more than $100, i would recommend you switch from 50-50's to $5 - 3, 5 and 10 man leaguesfurthermore, if you are playing with several hundred, play in the high priced leagues. high priced leagues tend to have lower scores. high prices leagues have better players in general and those better players will be less likely to pick the random danny amendola of the week.high prices leagues will generally see higher "bottom" scores, which we dont care about, and lower "top" scores, which we do care about.

When I have unused money laying around I feel the need to use. Anyone else feel this way?
Don't fall into that line of thinking. Start your your guys, and forget about any extra cap money. Do your homework, find the matchups to exploit, and roster your team accordingly. Stay away from any non logical reasons for spending to the cap.

furthermore, if you are playing with several hundred, play in the high priced leagues. high priced leagues tend to have lower scores. high prices leagues have better players in general and those better players will be less likely to pick the random danny amendola of the week.high prices leagues will generally see higher "bottom" scores, which we dont care about, and lower "top" scores, which we do care about.
Is this a guess or are you looking at the results of many leagues?

Anybody else feel that if you don't use all your money you should get something out of it? 100 dollars = 1 point?I had Antonio Brown in one of my lineups this week but had something like 1.5k left. I didn't want to pay more for my RB's as I felt good about Spiller and Ridley. I could of cashed in at QB but didn't feel like the top guys justified the money over Manning. I had Graham at TE so no need to upgrade. I decided to grab Andre Johnson instead which layed an egg.When I have unused money laying around I feel the need to use. Anyone else feel this way?
I fell into this trap a few times as well but you shouldn't feel guilty leaving money on the table. Also, not sure what salary cap you are doing but I think there is a lot of value week to week that it almost helps me to do the 55k so I don't feel bad using value picks as opposed to leaving 3-5k out there.

Ugh, J Jones. Finished two points out of the money.

Up $24 on the week. Won both 50/50, lost both large leagues despite finishing top 15% in both.

Woot! I won it! I got massively, stupidly lucky. Until 11:45 on Sunday I had DMC and a 5000 dollar receiver I can't remember on the roster, decided I didn't like the reciever and switched them out for Reggie Bush and Victor Cruz. If anyone is interested my lineup was:

Brees

Reggie Bush

C.J. Spiller

Victor Cruz

Reggie Wayne

Steve Johnson

Jimmy Graham

Matt Bryant

Cincinnati D

I also went 3/4 in 50 50s. My thought is that in 50/50s you want high floors. It looks like 25th place scored between 114 and 120 points in all four leagues, so guys like Reggie Wayne and Doug Martin that you know are going to get volume touches are more valuable than boom or bust guys like Brandon Lloyd and Lance Moore.

'Rick James said:
my team: $55k cap 50/50 leaguehttp://www.fanduel.com/entry/ELGUJRThis one's going to be close.
Ended up being a pretty easy finish in the money. Tons of people in my league had Julio and Decker. Bay-Bay out scored them both, plus Bryant and it was smooth sailing.

I won $$ in both leagues this week I was in (50/50s) for a whopping $10.80.

50/50s seem the way to go. Now are there restrictions on payouts if you use their free points for cash or whatever? How does that work?

My $5 50/50 league paid above 111 points, which is EASY with a $60m roster. I was scoring 140 with a $55m roster.

The last winner had a gooseegg from Garcon and had Ogletree.

I might just play 20 of these leagues this week.

I won $$ in both leagues this week I was in (50/50s) for a whopping $10.80.

50/50s seem the way to go. Now are there restrictions on payouts if you use their free points for cash or whatever? How does that work?
I won $15 in a $5 entry league and a $1 50/50 1.80. Can't get to the site at work, tough on my phone to post linksCame in 79th for FBG :kicksrock:

FBG - http://www.fanduel.com/entry/TPBZZJ

other 2 - http://www.fanduel.com/entry/EBHHHD

ETA: WIsh I jumped on this fanduel earlier. I know I'll lose all my money but this is awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
never ever start vjax in a 50/50
Except when he is playing the Giants secondary. he was in 3 of my teams (also on my actual magical football team), went 3-3 in 50/50s, also got 5th in the Draft Street FBG freeroll for $30.Overall I am 5-5 now in the 50/50 with only one being a close call (24/50 in a $1 I forgot to change my lineup in). Should have done this last year.

This does seem like relatively easy money.

A couple of questions for those of you who are familiar with Fanduel:

- Is the scoring system the same throughout all contests?

- Are the player prices the same throughout all contests?

- Are the player prices fixed at the beginning of the week, or can they change during the week?

TIA

This does seem like relatively easy money.A couple of questions for those of you who are familiar with Fanduel:- Is the scoring system the same throughout all contests?- Are the player prices the same throughout all contests?- Are the player prices fixed at the beginning of the week, or can they change during the week? TIA
Pretty much yes to everything. Same/Same/Fixed.

If you use your FDP to enter a cash contest, if you finish in the $$ to you receive 1:1 cash or is there some BS rules regarding payouts and FDP?

I finished up 10% for the week which was a disappointing finish as I bubbled in the $270 and a couple $100s. Several 20-man $25 leagues made up most of this week's winnings.

I'm not a big fan of the 50/50s myself, at least for the 10-mans. They feel like a hedge play. If you're strong enough to be top 5, you're strong enough to be top 3. So I think you're leaving money on the table by taking a worse line to buy a couple extra money spots. Larger 50/50s are a much different story and create some interesting scenarios in their own right that will impact your roster selections.

Here is my first crack, putting this in $5 50/50s with at least 20 people

Cassel 6.1

Spiller 7.8

Lynch 7.6

CJ 8.2

Green 7.3

Wayne 6.4

Celek 5.7

Crosby 5.4

Bears 5.4

Need to see if I can spend $800 anywhere and switch to the cheaper K and D.

Bush is also a good value drop from Lynch, need to check that out.

Leeroy - Even if you enter w/FDP, you collect cash if you win.

Also, there is a new qualifying tournament every week for the FBG championship, so you're never eliminated. The first two weeks were freerolls, but I believe starting this week the qualifying tournaments are pay to enter.

Leeroy - Even if you enter w/FDP, you collect cash if you win.Also, there is a new qualifying tournament every week for the FBG championship, so you're never eliminated. The first two weeks were freerolls, but I believe starting this week the qualifying tournaments are pay to enter.
Well ####, I misinterpreted something and missed the week 2 freeroll.

Any good value plays for week 3?

I'm liking Flacco 6.6k vs NE, Cutler 6.7k vs Rams and even Cassel 6.1k vs NO at QB. I have Flacco pegged in at home right now.

RB's is a tough one. McGahee 5.5k vs Houston looks good. Then I have Andre Brown 5.4k vs CAR but I'm still on the fence with RB2.

WR's always have good value. Demaryius Thomas 6.7k vs Houston, Brandon Marshall 6.7k vs St. Louis, Reggie Wayne 6.4k vs Jax, Stevie Johnson 6.3k vs CLEV, Marques Colston 6k vs KC. Some lower guys I like would be Torrey Smith/Crabtree 5.4k and even Blackmon 5.1k vs Indy.

I also like DeSean Jackson 6.1k vs Cards but he'll likely line up against Peterson.

What you guys have?

my highest score was 165.92 and second highest was 163.82

Newton, Spiller, Bush, Green, Harvin, Colston, Graham

http://www.fanduel.com/entry/CUGPTH

some of my wins this week were:

4/100 $5 entry, won $40 http://www.fanduel.com/entry/QJRKNM

7/100 $5 entry, won $20 http://www.fanduel.com/entry/LASWAD

10/487 $2 entry, won $15

2/20 $10 entry, won $18 http://www.fanduel.com/entry/HJUZWW

1/50 $5 entry, won $9 http://www.fanduel.com/entry/GXXQFJ

50/50 leagues won in most of them including 2 first places, 14 in top 3, out of 50 players

http://www.fanduel.com/entry/CUGPTH

http://www.fanduel.com/entry/HJUZWW

http://www.fanduel.com/entry/XZDZVV

send me a PM if you are new to FanDuel and need some advice

Leeroy - Even if you enter w/FDP, you collect cash if you win.Also, there is a new qualifying tournament every week for the FBG championship, so you're never eliminated. The first two weeks were freerolls, but I believe starting this week the qualifying tournaments are pay to enter.
Thanks...I wasn't sure how it worked either...just signed up and didn't really know what I could get out of it...end up with $100 :-D
yeah I couldnt even find that free roll for week2, FBG and fanduel gotta show that
I got an email about it, otherwise I wouldn't have known. Or it was linked at the top of the subscriber email maybe?

I started out thinking that going with Gronk in week 3 was was a must, but now I'm not so sure. Would you rather start Gronkowski and Amendola or Celek and Megatron?

Golden Tate could be a sneaky buy. Playing at home vs a miserable Packer Pass defense.

Love Dez Bryant this week. The degenerate boner that I have for him is actually making my desk look as if it is levitating.

Current 60k roster... this will change though.

QB Robert Griffin III

RB DeMarco Murray

RB Reggie Bush

WR A.J. Green

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Percy Harvin

TE Dennis Pitta

K Jason Hanson

D San Francisco 49ers

My first try at this. A $10 50/50 expert league:

QB Jay Cutler

RB Michael Bush

RB Doug Martin

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Brandon Lloyd

TE Tony Gonzalez

K Jason Hanson

D Chicago Bears

How does that look?

Anybody else feel that if you don't use all your money you should get something out of it? 100 dollars = 1 point?I had Antonio Brown in one of my lineups this week but had something like 1.5k left. I didn't want to pay more for my RB's as I felt good about Spiller and Ridley. I could of cashed in at QB but didn't feel like the top guys justified the money over Manning. I had Graham at TE so no need to upgrade. I decided to grab Andre Johnson instead which layed an egg.When I have unused money laying around I feel the need to use. Anyone else feel this way?
I would just not spend anything and score 650 points every week.

furthermore, if you are playing with several hundred, play in the high priced leagues. high priced leagues tend to have lower scores. high prices leagues have better players in general and those better players will be less likely to pick the random danny amendola of the week.high prices leagues will generally see higher "bottom" scores, which we dont care about, and lower "top" scores, which we do care about.
i did a lot of research on all this stuff last year and i am somewhat educated in math and risk management.there are many ways you can do this. the general concept is the more leagues you play, the lower your profits/losses will be. generally, are bank rolls are the same regardless of how risky or safe we want to play so when i say "more leagues", that means more leagues at lower costs.playing [twenty $5 3-man] leagues is safer than playing [one $100 double-up] league, for example

My first try at this. A $10 50/50 expert league:QB Jay Cutler RB Michael Bush RB Doug Martin WR Demaryius ThomasWR Reggie WayneWR Brandon LloydTE Tony GonzalezK Jason HansonD Chicago BearsHow does that look?
looks fine. i think baltimore will be able to take out lloyd with hernandez out but i could be wrong.

i did a lot of research on all this stuff last year and i am somewhat educated in math and risk management.there are many ways you can do this. the general concept is the more leagues you play, the lower your profits/losses will be. generally, are bank rolls are the same regardless of how risky or safe we want to play so when i say "more leagues", that means more leagues at lower costs.playing [twenty $5 3-man] leagues is safer than playing [one $100 double-up] league, for example
What you just said doesn't have anything to do with what you stated originally. I understand risk management.Do you have knowledge that the high price leagues have better players or are you just making a guess? Do better players not choose Amendola? Did you get that information from actual results or is it just a guess? I'm wondering if you went through a bunch of entries and observed this.I think that information is useful if it is real.

what i have right now

rg3

spiller

m bush

marshall

dez

wayne

graham

vinatieri

pitt

What you just said doesn't have anything to do with what you stated originally. I understand risk management.Do you have knowledge that the high price leagues have better players or are you just making a guess? Do better players not choose Amendola? Did you get that information from actual results or is it just a guess? I'm wondering if you went through a bunch of entries and observed this.I think that information is useful if it is real.
What you just said doesn't have anything to do with what you stated originally. I understand risk management.
i answered your question. did you skip the first sentience?
Do you have knowledge that the high price leagues have better players or are you just making a guess?
high priced leagues have lower scores because they tend to have better players. i observed and tracked this throughout the season last year.it's more important to play in a large amount of leagues though. what i said above is only a small factor.

3 for 3 on the year. :pickle:

60K, 50/50 preliminary lineup

RGIII (waivering on QB, kind of like Brees at home, will play Brees in 65Ks)

Murray - a lock for all formats

Bush - still deciding on a RB#2, I like Rice more in 65K, it's difficult to layoff of Spiller, McGahee at 5500 isn't bad

Austin - a lock for all formats

Wayne - will play 60K and under, like Megatron in 65K

Marshall - a lock for all formats

Graham - a lock in 60K and higher

Hartley - need to do more research here

Skins D - a lock in all formats

Users who are viewing this thread