What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduelers - Who got paid & Who got laid (1 Viewer)

Carver

Footballguy
My first week, not too shabby.

Raked $500 between 3 games

Line Up-

Brees

Ridley

K.Smith

Marshall

Garcon

Harvin

Graham

Kaeding

Texans

:moneybag: :bowtie: :moneybag:

How did you all make out?

My first week, not too shabby. Raked $500 between 3 gamesLine Up-BreesRidleyK.SmithMarshallGarconHarvinGrahamKaedingTexans :moneybag: :bowtie: :moneybag: How did you all make out?
what did you play? I entered into the $12K Sun NFL Rush with 2678 other people and placed 28th. Raked $60 for a $5 investment.

I only played in the smaller stake games, but I doubled my investment of $25 into $50. I was getting killed in every game (bottom 20% or so) until I had Darren Mcfadden and Nate Kaeding in two games last night. Kaeding in particular, added a lot of unexpected points.

I played 6 games and lost in four (one of them was the FBG's freeroll though). I won money in the two $10 leagues I was in, while losing the two $2 games, and the one $1 game. The teams where I won were...

50/50 Game ($10 - won $18). Finished 10th out of 20

QB - Russell Wilson

RB - Darren Mcfadden

RB - Deangelo Williams

WR - Brandon Marshall

WR - Pierre Garcon

WR - Julio Jones

TE - Brandon Pettigrew

PK - Steven Hauschka

DST - Bills

This is why 50/50 games are a good deal. Other than my receivers, I picked a pretty rough team. Wilson, Williams, and the Bills were near the bottom of their positions overall scores

$5K Sun NFL Scramble ($10 - won $30)

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Darren Mcfadden

RB - Lesean McCoy

WR - Pierre Garcon

WR - Brandon Marshall

WR - Malcolm Floyd

TE - Greg Olsen

PK - Nate Kaeding

DST - Houston Texans

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed 6th out of 20 in a small stakes 50/50 game.

Drew Brees

Arian Foster

Darren McFadden

Percy Harvin

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Vernon Davis

Gostkowski

Lions

Looking forward to next week!

Someone please explain fanduel to me. I got the thing from FBG but never signed up because I went to the FanDuel site, checked it out and still don't completely understand it

'JHuber77 said:
'Carver said:
My first week, not too shabby. Raked $500 between 3 gamesLine Up-BreesRidleyK.SmithMarshallGarconHarvinGrahamKaedingTexans :moneybag: :bowtie: :moneybag: How did you all make out?
what did you play? I entered into the $12K Sun NFL Rush with 2678 other people and placed 28th. Raked $60 for a $5 investment.
I played one 20 player league to win $250, one 100 player league to take $150, Finished 7th in the Scramble for $75, and I took $25 in the freeroll contest.

Someone please explain fanduel to me. I got the thing from FBG but never signed up because I went to the FanDuel site, checked it out an still completely understand it
You just join a contest (pick one of your liking), pick your team based on a 60k cap (players are assigned values), and enter. Your team scores rnough points to finish in the prize money, you get whatever the payout is for the place you finish in.IE; $450 first, $150 second...etc.

I wanted to wade into this slowly and try make my $25 deposit last, so I just did two $1 50/50's and a 250 person game for $1. Placed in one of the 50/50's and won the 250 for a net gain of $48.80!

I went 2/2 and made 63 bucks. :football:

Finished 2nd out of 20 in a ten dollar entry free contest that cashed 50 bucks. Missed first by 1/2 point, Gates killed me.

Finished 2nd out 10 in a 5 dollar entry free that cashed 13 bucks.

I've already entered next week...a couple of ridiculous values out there this week.

This is like the initial days of online poker when people had no idea how to play.

I have a very good feeling about this whole fanduel thing.

So you have to deposit money to win money? THeir free version is like using Full Tilt free site?

This is like the initial days of online poker when people had no idea how to play.I have a very good feeling about this whole fanduel thing.
It really is EASY money if you truly play at an expert level. It also separates the true FBG experts from the guppies. LOTS of FBG's have joined so far, the FBG free roll was actually full by Fri night. Anyone know if a poster won?

Ok, I will admit it I lost. Who knew that Stafford and Megatron were going to be so ordinary vs St Louis?
:lmao: Yeah, all ya hear about is who won, just like poker. someone is losing money
:goodposting: I will be posting my losses as well. No doubt. There is more to be learned in the losses.
I had no losses week one. Maybe I got lucky, but to me there were clear values out there and clear players to stay away from that other teams simply didn't understand.As long as I see mistakes being made, I'm all in on this mo fo.

I'm trying to decide which is easier to win at:

Expert

Regular

Beginner

Also, 20 man or 50 man.

Finally, don't get excited and make a last second entry into the "primetime" special. I did that and lost after a successful weekend. (well i havent' lost yet, but after thursday's game I know I probably will).

I'm trying to decide which is easier to win at:ExpertRegularBeginnerAlso, 20 man or 50 man.
I've been trying to find the "softest" leagues as well. My hunch is that the sharkplay is to enter as many beginner contests as possible...not only does this spread your risk(by entering multiple contests) but my guess is that the leagues will have less sharks. Same concept as playing micro and multi-tabling in online poker.In terms of league size I prefer 20 and under, in larger leagues you need to take more risks and your variance is going to be higher...in smaller leagues you can almos guarantee yourself a good score. Using another poker analogy, playing in larger contests is like playing in large tournaments vs. small tournaments...variance will be higher in large tourneys. With a small bankroll you should be playing in small leagues.

Kevin Smith was my wildcard player for the week and he delivered all my teams to victory. Came out +$400 or so. The opposition rosters were much weaker than I expected.

50/50 Win: 4 out of 20: (60k)

Stafford -- Amazing that I finished 4th with Stafford as my QB with his bad week

Ridley -- Absolute week 1 no-brainer

McCoy -- I expected more, but still got solid points

Harvin

Julio -- Monster

Wayne -- Another week 1 no-brainer. Anyone that couldn't see Wayne being Luck's main target was not thinking clearly

Pettigrew - Eh..

Texans -- I think taking the best defense that plays Weeden/Tannehill is the shark move.

The entire strategy with this one was to take the cheap Ridley/Wayne/Pettigrew, so that I could afford STafford, who I felt would blow up. That backfired a bit. If I learned one thing, it's that I don't think I'm going to go cheap at skill positions to get an expensive QB. There should be enough solid QB's out there to get great production that don't cost an arm and a leg.

50/50 Win: 8 out of 20:

Flacco -- Solid production, saved me money. I think I like this strategy at QB

Deangelo - Deangelo cost me bigtime in 2 leagues. I saw the late JStew scratch and sub'd in Deangelo with horrible results.

Ridley -- Again, no-brainer

Julio --

Marshall - Monster week

Harvin

Vernon Davis -

Bills -- Bought into the "Jets offense sucks" preseason hype.

I had a couple big whiffs in this one, most notably Deangelo and the Bills.

50/50 Loss: 33 out of 50:

I was most confident in this one. I figured it would be easy to be in the top 50% of 50 people. Unfortunately I chose poorly

Cam Newton -- Just a disaster

Deangelo -- Puke

McCoy -- Should have stayed with Ridley but I wanted to diversify

Steve Smith - Went all in on the Panthers here...

Julio -- My only saving grace

Marshall ditto

Rudolph -- Tried to save money to afford Cam

Seahawks - Eh

Another lesson is that if you go all-in on a team and that team puts up a stinker, you're sunk. I won't be making that mistake again. I was pretty confident that Carolina would blow Tampa off the field..Wrong. In a 50/50 league, there is no need to get the QB/WR connection unless it is a no-brainer. That might be smart in a league where you need to finish in the top 3 or 4, but not a 50/50. In a 50/50 you need solid production from every spot. As such, diversification is smart, because one screwed up game doesn't destroy you.

Since you don't get anything for having the top score, there is no need to try to blow your opponents off the field. Just try and get solid production from every spot.

Kevin Smith was my wildcard player for the week and he delivered all my teams to victory. Came out +$400 or so. The opposition rosters were much weaker than I expected.
I need to look into this. Need to find where the newbies play. I noticed some stout opposition in one league, and pretty paltry in another.

Deposited $25, being new I played cheap games to get a feel, 5 paid contests.

Lost $2 in a $5k tournament

Won $1.80 in a 50-50 $1 entry (11th out of 50)

Won $1.80 in a 50-50 $1 entry (1st out of 50)

Won $5.40 in a 3 player beginner $2 entry (1st out of 3)

Won $22.50 in a 10 player beginner $5 entry (1st out of 10)

I didn't realize what the 50-50's were, but they seem to be a guaranteed win, not a huge return, but I think I may try to hit more of those.

Started with a $2 50 team 50/50. Came in 2nd. The teams that came in the final 10 spots all had kickers who did not play (not on the teams they were listed on) or TE I never heard of. Why?? The lowest value is $4500. I can see trying to save money, but at least pick someone who could score a couple points.

I lost. are those entering multiple contests using the same team in all of them? Which type of contest represent the most value? I want to make my $25 last, so small stakes.

Went 3 for 3 winning a 5 team league and making the money in two 50/50s

Went with the following in each:

Stafford

Rice

McFadden

A. Johnson

Harvin

Hernandez

Gostowski

Texans

Looking forward to this week!

Did 2 50/50 leagues on draftstreet. Finished 2/10 and 8/100. Was my first time using the site. I can't decide whether I got lucky or the competition was just that soft. If it's just soft competition, does it stay that way throughout the year? Anyone know?

On a different point, I don't think people will be running to the board to write about how they got cleaned out.

Somebody should start a week 2 fanduel thread.

CJ Spiller in particular is ridiculous value. My strategy will begin with rostering Spiller this week.

Lets discuss the following: 55k, 60k, 65k

Which is easier to win?

Face it, the 65k allows you to have more studs. But does that sort of equalize things?

The 55k does significantly restrict the type of roster you can have. Although the "losers" may have a hard time knowing who to play, at times you are forced in the 55k game to play guys that you aren't SURE are going to have good weeks.

Lets discuss the following: 55k, 60k, 65kWhich is easier to win? Face it, the 65k allows you to have more studs. But does that sort of equalize things?The 55k does significantly restrict the type of roster you can have. Although the "losers" may have a hard time knowing who to play, at times you are forced in the 55k game to play guys that you aren't SURE are going to have good weeks.
The 65k seem to be geared more towards beginners. Although you can buy more studs, the level of competition may more than make up for the natural equalization that occurs when everyone can just buy sure things. At this point, I would imagine that there are few easier ways to make money for FBGs than 65k 50/50 leagues. I may just feel overconfident because I had a good week, or the previous poster who compared this to the online poker boom may be correct. We may be on the cusp of a very profitable wave.

Lets discuss the following: 55k, 60k, 65kWhich is easier to win? Face it, the 65k allows you to have more studs. But does that sort of equalize things?The 55k does significantly restrict the type of roster you can have. Although the "losers" may have a hard time knowing who to play, at times you are forced in the 55k game to play guys that you aren't SURE are going to have good weeks.
I don't think this matters much.The guppies may be attracted to the 65K and you can take advantage of that.With the 55k, sharks can more easily spot value.

60K IMO. Brings in a lot of the players who THINK they know what they are doing, but really dont. The novice 65k makes it easier for teams to get lucky just on the spending power. The 55k... I havent poked around in there yet. But i doubt the high rollers are playing there. Seems the real experts are taking cake in head to head 2 games. Think im gonna spread my money out like that this weekend. If anyone wants to play me, h2h $50-$100 game. 60k cap. Hit me in the PM. I'll set the match up.

Weekly Depositor Freeroll, this was a free roll but was baseball, lost (843 of 1591) not bad seeing as I do not follow baseball

FootballGuys.com FanDuel Championship lost (72 of 2800) but not by much

Robert Griffin III

Doug Martin

Ray Rice

Percy Harvin

Pierre Garcon

Brandon Marshall

Jimmy Graham

Jason Hanson

Philadelphia Eagles

*****.com - $500 NFL Contest another site that offer a freeroll, nothing to signup for and got the flier via email, won $60 (3rd of 327)

Matt Ryan

Doug Martin

Stevan Ridley

Roddy White

Julio Jones

Brandon Marshall

Jimmy Graham

David Akers

Philadelphia Eagles

NFL Salary Cap 65k Sun Sep 9th (Beginner)bet $2 won $6 (3rd of 20)missed first by 6 points

Matthew Stafford

Doug Martin

Ray Rice

Percy Harvin

Calvin Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Jimmy Graham

Robbie Gould

Philadelphia Eagles

So to date have bet $2 and won $66

If anyone wants to play me, h2h $50-$100 game. 60k cap. Hit me in the PM. I'll set the match up.
Why not just shoot the fish in the barrel instead of each other?
True.. but I guess now we have a way to shut up all of the big mouth know it all's that seem to be swimming around here lately, looking down their noses at people (not me, but I see lots of newbies get bullied and it sucks). :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread