What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (1 Viewer)

Hawley, who is a big fan of the Coen brothers other films, will continue the homage in the second season. The first season he drew on Fargo, No Country for Old Men and A Serious Man. He revealed that Season 2 will be influenced by Fargo, Miller's Crossing and The Man Who Wasn't There.
:thumbup: Awesome.

I agree that True Detective > Fargo, but to compare it (in any way) to The Following is crazy IMO.
You can't go 10 minutes in either Fargo or The Following without saying, "ok, no one would do that."

That doesn't happen with a great show. In a great show you don't need Billy Bob, on the lamb, rolling around in a red BMW for Colin Hanks to recognize him. You write something plausible.

Odenkirk's character? No great show has a clown character like that. I was hoping he was a bad guy and their was a reason for his bizarre behavior. Nope.
Does anyone remember the scene where a police file is handed over to Malvo (or was it the two hit men, Adam Goldberg and the deaf guy)?

Who did that?

Wondering aloud, would other movies, especially Coen Brother films, lend themselves to 10 hour mini-series?

No Country For Old Men certainly, Miller's Crossing too and Blood Simple. Big Lebowski, probably not.
Miller's Crossing was filmed here in New Orleans and definitely resembled NO in a lot of ways even though it was a fictional unnamed town. I can only hope they return here for a series.

Hawley, who is a big fan of the Coen brothers other films, will continue the homage in the second season. The first season he drew on Fargo, No Country for Old Men and A Serious Man. He revealed that Season 2 will be influenced by Fargo, Miller's Crossing and The Man Who Wasn't There.
:thumbup:

The Man Who Wasn't There was quite a good movie.

:thumbup:

The Man Who Wasn't There was quite a good movie.
Everything they've done except Players Club (? the Tom Hanks remake one) is awesome.

FX Announces New Cast Members for “Fargo” Season Two

The upcoming second season of FX drama anthology “Fargo” will feature Patrick Wilson, Jean Smart and Ted Danson, which is all the more reason to believe that Danon’s “CSI” is finally concluding on CBS. Wilson will star as Lou Solverson, a clean-cut Minnesota State Patrolman, four years back from Vietnam, where he served in the Navy. Danson will play Hank Larsson, Lou’s father-in-law and the Sheriff of Rock County, Minnesota. And Smart will portray Floyd Gerhardt, the female head of the Gerhardt crime family. The trio joins the previously announced Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons, while Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett, Kieran Culkin, Bokeem Woodbine, Jeffrey Donovan and Angus Sampson have all been booked as guest stars.

Showrunner/writer Noah Hawley, Warren Littlefield, John Cameron, and Joel and Ethan Coen will all return as executive producers for the second installment. “Fargo,” which is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions, will open season two next fall.
Season Two next Fall?!?

Damson is the only one I like, but not sure how well he'll fit in this. I can take or leave Todd. Dislike the lead guy and Jean Smart...she always annoyed me.

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Trying to catch the replay of the first season and it is frustrating trying to figure out when they are airing. Not available On Demand on Comcast it appears.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/fx-reveals-fargo-season-two-details-louie-premiere-date-20150118

Just a week after FX's Fargo won big at the Golden Globes by scooping up wins in the Best Mini-Series and Best Actor in a Mini-Series (for Billy Bob Thornton) categories, FX CEO John Landgraf has offered up more details about what fans can expect from the Coen Brothers-inspired series in its upcoming second season. In addition to supplying some plot insight, Landgraf also revealed that a certain movie star-turned-President would also be a character on Season Two.

"It's a big sprawling, in some ways, more comedic [season], though at times, a very serious show," Landgraf told the Television Critics Association panel on Sunday. "It's set in the late-Seventies against the backdrop of Ronald Reagan's first campaign for President of the United States. Reagan is a character in it." Entertainment Weekly reports that Landgraf then added, "Reagan will be interacting with our characters." The actor portraying Reagan has not yet been cast.

As previously reported, Patrick Wilson will star in Fargo's second season as Lou Solverson, playing the younger version of the role filled by Keith Carradine in the first season and the father of Season One protagonist Molly Solverson. Having recently returned from Vietnam, Lou Solverson goes back to work as a Minnesota State Patrolman to investigate a local gang and a mob syndicate. Ted Danson will play Solverson's father-in-law, while Nick Offerman has been cast as local lawyer Karl Weathers.

While Season One of Fargo won rave reviews for its strong female lead played by Golden Globe nominee Allison Tolman, Landgraf promised the Noah Hawley-penned show would continue to have a strong feminist presence despite revolving around Wilson's Solverson. "A lot of what its about is the cultural transformation that was going on at the time," Landgraf said. "It's about the sense that the war has come home. It's also about feminism, so there are some really significant female characters." The 10-episode second season Fargo will start production next week and air this fall.

I saw the first 8 episoded on a plane... I loved it. I need to get the last two episodes.

I went back and watched the original movie. The two rural Minnesota prostitutes are hilarious!

I agree that True Detective > Fargo, but to compare it (in any way) to The Following is crazy IMO.
You can't go 10 minutes in either Fargo or The Following without saying, "ok, no one would do that."

That doesn't happen with a great show. In a great show you don't need Billy Bob, on the lamb, rolling around in a red BMW for Colin Hanks to recognize him. You write something plausible.

Odenkirk's character? No great show has a clown character like that. I was hoping he was a bad guy and their was a reason for his bizarre behavior. Nope.
Yeah, I'm taking your opinion seriously

:lmao:

Yeah, I'm taking your opinion seriously

:lmao:
You sound like you have salty wombs

Where/how can you watch season one? Hulu doesn't have it anymore. I also don't see it on FX on demand (FXNOW).
it seems they will get it back sometime?Hulu revealed on Friday that in a deal with MGM, Fargo will exclusively appear on Hulu for Plus subscribers ahead of the season-two premiere of the FX show, which, according to Hulu, is vaguely set for fall 2015.

Trailer looks great...but I also thought True Detective's season 2 trailer looked good. Cautiously optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the first 8 episoded on a plane... I loved it. I need to get the last two episodes.

I went back and watched the original movie. The two rural Minnesota prostitutes are hilarious!
Go Bears
lol I was in White Bear last week.
Big whoop, I'm in White Bear right now.
Thought it was Le Suere?
He's in peas?

Users who are viewing this thread