What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre meeting with Childress (5 Viewers)

The 6th page in this thread may very well be the worst page in Shark Pool history.
After reading all that drivel, I agree with you 100%.Both Scotty Fargo and Sho Nuff puked enough homer blindness to gag a Bear.
Perhaps...and not trying to derail this any further. But what about saying the GB is not as bad as Scotty thinks is homer blindness?Was the other poster that agreed with me also just showing homer blindness?

I was watching around the horn and they think this is just favre posturing like last season and they;ve heard enough that favres going to be back soon.

I think someone for the WWE is writing material for all of these sports sites. What is the point of sending an X-ray? An X-ray would be a preliminary step, to check for damage to the bones and the rotatory cuff, and an MRI in this case would be absolutely necessary before he played for any team. This seems about as likely as Chilly spending the last couple of days helping with the farm chores...

The X-Rays keep it going this week.

Next week it will be the MRI's.

Then he goes down to see Dr. Andrews, to consult with him.

After that, he has to consult with his wife.

Then comes the press conference.

It's all in the script.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think someone for the WWE is writing material for all of these sports sites.
"And Favre is pulling the X-rays out of the envelope! This is awful! I can't believe this is...wait, what's that? THEY'RE PLAYING SAGE ROSENFELS'S MUSIC!!!"

I think someone for the WWE is writing material for all of these sports sites.
"And Favre is pulling the X-rays out of the envelope! This is awful! I can't believe this is...wait, what's that? THEY'RE PLAYING SAGE ROSENFELS'S MUSIC!!!"
Then Tarvaris comes in and hits Childress with a chair.Ted Thompson comes down the aisle as Favre scowls...Thompson and Favre face to face in the center of the ring...they both smile, shake hands and Favre rips his shirt off to reveal the Packers jersey as he has it retired.

I think someone for the WWE is writing material for all of these sports sites. ...
:popcorn:The Million Dollar Man Ted Thompson turned on Brett The Hitman Favre last year. Now the Hitman wants revenge and plans to align himself with Adorable Adrian Peterson in the backfield.I think the Hitman's just playing possum right now. The Million Dollar Man and Co. will offer him $20 million to stay away and will state 'Everybody has a price'. The Hitman holds a conference the next day, turns down the offer & states it isn't about the money anymore. It's about proving he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

Ted Thompson or the Packers could care less whether Favre comes back at this point. As a Packer fan, I'd kinda like to see him in Minny tossing a few TD passes to our guys in Green. I used to be a Brett Favre fan, but at this point in his career, IMO Favre is incapable of sticking it to the Packers, and there's no doubt in my mind that I'll take Aaron Rodgers in that contest than today's version of Brett Favre.

But for the sake of my friends in Minny, I REALLY WOULD like to see Childress sign him, because maybe it might mean the end to his coaching career as well.

Funny thing is, I remember Favre earlier in his career commenting on somebody hanging on too long and finally retiring. I wish I could find the quote where he said to the effect that he hoped that he'd have the sense to get out at the top rather than hang around til it was obvious to everybody else that his skills had diminished. I'd have hoped so too, Brett.

Ted Thompson or the Packers could care less whether Favre comes back at this point.
I think Thompson, Murphy and the board sincerely hope that Favre doesn't destroy the substantial value he has to the Packers franchise. They all still expect to retire his number some day, which is a huge honor that only a very few (5) have earned in the team's long history (for comparison, the Bears have retired 13 numbers; the Giants have retired 11). I don't think the $20MM marketing offer the team made to him last summer year was a "bribe" to keep him retired as much as it represented a sincere effort to find a way to keep him engaged in the Packer family for a long time. I don't know if they are necessarily threatened by what he can do on the field (although I think the Vikings are the best team in the NFC North and he may make them even better), but I think they do care very much what he is doing to his legacy in Wisconsin.

Ted Thompson or the Packers could care less whether Favre comes back at this point.
I think Thompson, Murphy and the board sincerely hope that Favre doesn't destroy the substantial value he has to the Packers franchise. They all still expect to retire his number some day, which is a huge honor that only a very few (5) have earned in the team's long history (for comparison, the Bears have retired 13 numbers; the Giants have retired 11). I don't think the $20MM marketing offer the team made to him last summer year was a "bribe" to keep him retired as much as it represented a sincere effort to find a way to keep him engaged in the Packer family for a long time. I don't know if they are necessarily threatened by what he can do on the field (although I think the Vikings are the best team in the NFC North and he may make them even better), but I think they do care very much what he is doing to his legacy in Wisconsin.
:lmao: I absolutely agree with your post, and not so much for the Packers sake as for Brett's. The Packers have a long tradition of 'family', and I'm sure that they hold no lingering animosity for the awkward PR situation he put them in last year. When I said they couldn't care less, it was from a football prospective only - While I'm not sure he'd be any worse than Sage (or Jackson), it is clear to me that regardless of the arm injury, he had been on the downhill side of his great career for longer than last year. By continuing with his annual charade, and continuing the bitterness he feels for TT, he has done far more harm to his own legacy than what ever he could do against the Packers.He's already gone a great distance from a very highly respected (even revered) future Hall of Famer, and closer to a league laughing stock.

2062d1241833775-more-favre-because-yall-love-so-bb.jpg

Here 's the latest FACTUAL report on the Favre/Vikings situation. Reading between the lines, I'd say the chances of Favre playing for the Vikes this year are not great.

X-rays could have negative impact with Favre

By Greg Bedard of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: May. 8, 2009

Green Bay - Just when it appeared a sustainable peace was at hand in Packers Nation, the alert status has once again been raised to Defcon Favre.

Yes, an invasion by quarterback Brett Favre, in the enemy colors of the Minnesota Vikings no less, could be imminent - if the latest report in a string of conflicting accounts is correct.

Each day seemingly brings a new twist and turn to the story. And each word either brings Green Bay fans, loathe to see Favre consort with the hated Vikings, out of their seats or hiding their eyes.

In other words, it's playing out exactly like one of Favre's infamous seat-belt buckling starts.

Citing a source close to the situation, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap reported Friday that X-rays of Favre's right shoulder were sent to the Vikings and were being evaluated. If it is determined Favre needs anything less than major surgery to repair issues related to his biceps tendon, Favre will unretire and sign with the Vikings.

Yes, apparently, just like that.

But if major surgery is required, Favre will remain retired.

James "Bus" Cook, Favre's agent, told ESPN on Friday that he had no knowledge of any X-rays being sent to the Vikings. Of course, an MRI might have been sent instead.

Cook still insists Favre hasn't told him about any plans to unretire - which would be a plausible first step in the process.

The Journal Sentinel reported Wednesday that the health of Favre's right arm would ultimately decide whether he unretired for a second time. Sources said then that Favre had a significant tear in the biceps tendon.

If the injury proves to be relegated solely to the tendon and is a partial tear, Favre will likely play again. He could undergo a simple procedure, a tenotomy, where surgeons complete the tear of the biceps tendon - something that is not needed for a quarterback to throw. The rehab would be quick and Favre would be ready for training camp.

But there is a palpable fear around Favre that there is a more serious injury to the shoulder. One source said, "If you put your finger in (Favre's) shoulder it goes right through. That's not a good sign. There's a reason why he hasn't picked up a football yet."

The fear, according to two sources, is that one of three other injuries will be found: additional damage to the rotator cuff; that the biceps tendon has come out of its groove possibly by a rupture in the sheath that surrounds it; or that there is cartilage damage in the shoulder.

Any of the three would likely end Favre's latest comeback attempt.

If ESPN's report is correct, that an X-ray and not an MRI was sent to the Vikings, the team is likely looking for something other than a biceps tendon tear - or at least ruling it out. An arthrogram (an X-ray using dye injected into the shoulder joint) could have been performed, but that's questionable since it's invasive and Favre doesn't like any procedures.

Arm troubles were the reason Favre said he retired for the second time after one season with the New York Jets.

"Physically, if I felt better, we may not be having this conversation," Favre said in February. "But I think that's more than anything the writing on the wall. . . . I finally can't throw the ball like I once threw it."

The ESPN story contradicts the Yahoo! Sports report from Thursday that said Favre had called Vikings coach Brad Childress to tell him Favre wouldn't be coming back to the NFL.

That was apparently why three league sources would not confirm the Yahoo! report to the Journal Sentinel on Thursday evening. In fact, two said they were "still waiting to see what happens" because the interest on both sides was real and had not completely subsided.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, according to one of the league sources, that the ESPN report was leaked in an attempt to give Favre a few more days to make his decision.

If Favre ultimately decides against returning, a bum shoulder would give the Vikings a plausible excuse to get their fan base, which wants Favre badly, back behind the team quickly.

But the NFL Network reported that the previous phone conversation between Childress and Favre was exploratory and informal. And that there has been no decision made as to whether Favre would suit up for the Vikings.

I still can't believe that people have any doubt about Favre's intentions. This has been obvious for ages - he wants to play in Minnesota and stick it to TT. Unless he needs major surgery, it will happen. :hifive:
What he said. If the Vikings and Favre can get on the same page Brett will be a Viking...if they can't come to an arrangement the injury will be cited. Now we wait and see.Carry on sho nuff and ScottyFargo.

very :heart: As you say the Vikings are the best team in NFC North, they win the division with or without Favre. The Packers as you state are just concerned about the $$$$ they make off of Favre once they sign him to a marketing contract.

If ESPN's report is correct, that an X-ray and not an MRI was sent to the Vikings, the team is likely looking for something other than a biceps tendon tear - or at least ruling it out. An arthrogram (an X-ray using dye injected into the shoulder joint) could have been performed, but that's questionable since it's invasive and Favre doesn't like any procedures.
The term "X ray" in the medical field is a loose term meaning any type of medical imaging, which is x ray,CT scans, MRI, ultrasound, and PET scans. Most likely, if the report is true, he sent the vikes MRI imaging of the shoulder.
Seems the latest reports are filled with speculation just as the earliest.

Nobody is talking about why the Jets don't want Favre back. If it is because they drafted Sanchez then they are saying a first round rookie QB is better than Favre. I haven't heard one Jet fan complain about his release. Doesn't this scream buyer beware? Does anyone think Favre would be a top ten FF QB with the Vikings?
Sure he can be a top ten FF QB with the Vikings.  He was 11th in FF QB scoring with the Jets even though he lead the league in interceptions.  

No reaching needed. You admit they are going to have to sit down with them...its kind of the point. And it is funny to me that the Vikings and some of their fans got all worked up about what Favre might bring and for now they are still just left with Sage.
you find it funny that some fans are getting worked up about farve?? how ironic....keep posting sho

I think someone for the WWE is writing material for all of these sports sites. ...
:lmao: The Million Dollar Man Ted Thompson turned on Brett The Hitman Favre last year. Now the Hitman wants revenge and plans to align himself with Adorable Adrian Peterson in the backfield.

I think the Hitman's just playing possum right now. The Million Dollar Man and Co. will offer him $20 million to stay away and will state 'Everybody has a price'.

The Hitman holds a conference the next day, turns down the offer & states it isn't about the money anymore. It's about proving he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
:popcorn: http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

He said that Yahoo! Sports knows that, contrary to multiple reports, no X-rays were sent by Brett Favre to the Vikings.

“I don’t want to come off as defensive, but since we’re talking about the reporting of this story, please hear me out: Despite what [ESPN’s Jeremy] Schaap reported (something other media outlets have latched onto), we know there were no X-rays sent to Minnesota. Our (highly-placed and very reliable) Vikings source told us so and Bus Cook has since confirmed that.

“So, my question to you, because I know you’re interested in media is: Is it really our duty to write the ‘ESPN is full of ****’ story just because everyone now assumes — despite evidence to the contrary — that the Vikings are holding X-rays up to the light to see what that weird crook in Favre’s bicep is? Because as of [saturday], what we wrote is still accurate: Childress and Favre talked on the phone, and that was it. There are no X-rays. Both sides are worried about Favre’s health, and for many reasons, both sides have decided to move on. There is no deal and, according to our source, there will be no deal. And there’s absolutely nothing from Favre’s side to refute that.

“We’re not writing anything more because, as of now, there’s nothing more to say.”

Apparently, there is. And now it’s been said. And written.

Users who are viewing this thread