What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre returning in '06 (1 Viewer)

from ESPN.com

Favre Will Play In 2006

Brett Favre informed the Green Bay Packers on Wednesday that he will play the 2006 season, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Favre shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Wednesday morning, the sources said.

from ESPN.com

Favre Will Play In 2006

Brett Favre informed the Green Bay Packers on Wednesday that he will play the 2006 season, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Favre shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Wednesday morning, the sources said.
is it not still tuesday?

Halfway through the year Favre will say how tired he is, and how hard it is to get up for every game now.

Marino's TD record = :bye:

Consecutive game record = :thumbup:

Number of winning seasons = :thumbdown:

Division Championships = :thumbdown:
Disgracing an otherwise distinguished career - priceless.

Oh dear God... then we have to go through the drama NEXT year... :mellow:
:no: He has stated it will be his last year. However, I'm sure the haters will not get a grasp of this until early fall.

one more year...glad to finally have the word

the most important player on the packers is no longer favre - it's aaron rodgers. now that developement can continue for another season and he can be 100% ready to go in 2007 when the packers are a more competitive team because...

the packers are going to be lucky to go 8-8 in 2006

Marino's TD record = :bye:

Consecutive game record = :thumbup:

Number of winning seasons = :thumbdown:

Division Championships = :thumbdown:
Disgracing an otherwise distinguished career - priceless.
Why hate? Appreciate!
No hate here. I respect the guy for what he's done. somewhat jealous of what he's meant to his franchise, while my team can't get a QB worth schit. He looked attrocious last year, and I haven't seen enough improvement at the other positions to make me think he'll do better. If they address the OL and Walker's situation, he might surprise us.

What exactly did GB do to sway him back? Wasn't that his big thing - show me you're committed to wining in 06?

Why is this big news? Is there still a #1 WR on the market? What am I missing that makes this year any different from last?

The Packers better hope Lelie turns into Jerry Rice in 2006. He's about the best thing out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
:yawn: Nothing changes. Packers still suck and won't make playoffs. All this does is get a worse draft spot for the draft after he retires.

Last edited by a moderator:
and the packers will still suck.

might have been better for the franchise to have Rodgers get some time to develop on the field.

but Favre is the face of the franchise and does deserve to go out on his own terms.

Surely this is a good thing for the game of football, but for the Packers themselves, I'm not sure.
it gives aaron rodgers another year to learn the system (and now under a new head coaches playbook, etc). the extra year made all the difference for steve mcnair...and can't hurt rodgers development imo

:clap:   Haters have more to complain about now.  2006 Packers = 9-7
:lmao:
Laugh now... cry later. Last year is exhibit 'A' for any NFL team that has injuries just what injuries can do to a team.
How is it other teams can overcome injuries but when it happens to the Pack and they don't overcome, their fans think no one else can. Overcome injuries has been done, just not by the Pack.

Surely this is a good thing for the game of football, but for the Packers themselves, I'm not sure.
it gives aaron rodgers another year to learn the system (and now under a new head coaches playbook, etc). the extra year made all the difference for steve mcnair...and can't hurt rodgers development imo
You're right. While I think Favre is now merely an average qb-at best-on the field, surely the effect he can have on Rodgers is tremendous.

Laugh now... cry later. Last year is exhibit 'A' for any NFL team that has injuries just what injuries can do to a team.
How is it other teams can overcome injuries but when it happens to the Pack and they don't overcome, their fans think no one else can. Overcome injuries has been done, just not by the Pack.
It is not that they could not overcome them but when there is a key injury almost week after week no team can overcome that. Say what you want NO team could have overcome the amount of injuries the Packers had last year.

Yeah, that and it's sort of funny that after all this ol' Brett is coming back for that magical 9-7 season. I can't wait. Say, does anyone know if Favre plans to play in '07?

It is not that they could not overcome them but when there is a key injury almost week after week no team can overcome that. Say what you want NO team could have overcome the amount of injuries the Packers had last year.
:lmao: OK, I will as you will keep dreaming . . I mean thinking what you want.Didn't the 2004 Panthers almost make the Playoffs after injuries blasted them? They also lost 2 starting RBs, their star WR, key defense players. And yet, somehow they did ok without a HOF QB to lead them.

Users who are viewing this thread