What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Plans (1 Viewer)

Any thing you can share here regarding plans on upgrading the auction league content? You've added a number of new staff members regarding IDP content, just wondering if we can expect the same for auction leagues.

The links to the salary cap leagues is working now. Thanks

Some of the new staffers will likely help with Salary Cap Content as well. Lots of our current staff play this way too and will contribute. We have a multipart Staff Roundtable on Salary Cap we're working on now. 

And I'm glad the links are working now. 

@Joe Bryant

Did you guys give any thought to a "DFS Only" subscription?  I only play DFS now (and will probably stop that after I lose the rest of my money at DK :lol: ).

The only way right now for me to get DFS content is through the Hall of Fame subscription that includes everything, which would be totally overkill for me given I only play DFS.

Thanks. The truth is we gave tons of thought to just about every option. This stuff is mostly what I think about. We'd had a DFS only option in the past and very few people bought it. The 3 tier model we moved we feel is much better. We fully get not everyone will agree but we made the change we felt was best for the majority of our audience. Thanks and I hope you'll join us. 

Of course I get the email about the 10% Father's Day discount exactly two hours after I purchased my Elite subscription for this year.  Timing has never been my strong suit.  

Of course I get the email about the 10% Father's Day discount exactly two hours after I purchased my Elite subscription for this year.  Timing has never been my strong suit.  

Thank you @Skipdog77Shoot an email to help@footballguys.com and let them know and they will help. It's a little clunky as we're unable to do a partial refund but they can let you know what to do. You can cancel your current subscription and get a refund and then buy a new one.

Joe Bryant said:
Thank you @Skipdog77Shoot an email to help@footballguys.com and let them know and they will help. It's a little clunky as we're unable to do a partial refund but they can let you know what to do. You can cancel your current subscription and get a refund and then buy a new one.
No worries, Joe.  I do appreciate the offer, but I'm totally good.  Just thought it was funny. 

Use the $7 to give your favorite staffer a raise... :D

Thanks. Auction has been one we've done pretty well over the years so I'm not sure how much room there is to grow that area. But we'll do our best there. I feel like we have more room to grow in some of our other areas like IDP and Dynasty. Do you have particular areas with Auction you'd like to see us expand?
I'll echo what some others have tried to point out. For me, literally the only piece from the mid-tier that I need is auction info. From the sounds of it, most of your auction content is already baked and most of the new staff/efforts are being deployed against the other features in this tier and above. So knowing I'm paying a big premium in price without receiving a big premium in relevant upgrades is frustrating. And similar to others, adding in the app means basically zero to me as I used the webpage version without missing anything.

You've gotten multiple streams of feedback on this, but seem to want to redirect the conversation to what else people may want to justify the value in the future while neglecting that your customers aren't feeling appropriate value right now. As someone who has been around here a while I've seen these conversations before and realize there's essentially no chance of you making a change at this point. But you're making some customers feel crummy - and that should resonate as that doesn't seem to be in line with your character. 

I'll echo what some others have tried to point out. For me, literally the only piece from the mid-tier that I need is auction info. From the sounds of it, most of your auction content is already baked and most of the new staff/efforts are being deployed against the other features in this tier and above. So knowing I'm paying a big premium in price without receiving a big premium in relevant upgrades is frustrating. And similar to others, adding in the app means basically zero to me as I used the webpage version without missing anything.

You've gotten multiple streams of feedback on this, but seem to want to redirect the conversation to what else people may want to justify the value in the future while neglecting that your customers aren't feeling appropriate value right now. As someone who has been around here a while I've seen these conversations before and realize there's essentially no chance of you making a change at this point. But you're making some customers feel crummy - and that should resonate as that doesn't seem to be in line with your character. 

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry if this has made anyone feel "crummy". We're doing what we think is best there and the reality is we unfortunately won't be able to make everyone happy. I don't see that as being out of line with good character. 

And you're right of course, we can't change plans for 2022 this late in June.

Thank you and everyone for being with Footballguys so long. We wouldn't be here without our folks supporting us. For us to continue to be able to be here, these are the plans we feel it's best to offer. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joe, any update on the league sync? Still looks like the projected stats aren't calculating fantasy points correctly for defensive players using my league scoring system.

Sorry. No fix yet.

A handful of leagues are still having a problem synching with IDP. Offensive are fine. I'm the worst person for customer service though. You probably already have a ticket open, but if not make sure you let them know at www.footballguys.com/help and they'll do their best. 

Sorry Joe, but this is getting really discouraging. July is when everything should be available and ready to go. 

Doesn't help that another well known website has their entire draft guide available for free this year.

It's more robust than what I am receiving here and I paid for this content. That's a problem.

Great Question!
Here's what Joe Bryant said in another thread:

"The Mobile Apps are hoping to be ready soon. Apple likely 7/7 and Android 7/15 are the plans. But we always are hesitant to say firm dates as Apple and Google have the final say on when they're released.

This year, we've made a change in how the app can be used.

This year, it's a free app so people can get a preview of how powerful it is.

To unlock the full power of the app, you'll need a Premium Footballguys subscription. www.footballguys.com/plans"

I'm disappointed that you can no longer purchase the full draft dominator for a phone / tablet and now need a paid membership. Pretty much our entire league uses it to draft but don't purchase the full membership because our payouts aren't huge

Any idea when the Draft Dominator draft app will be available?

Apple version is out now!  https://www.footballguys.com/draft-dominator-mobile

Android is in review at Google play store and hopefully approved this coming week. 

This year, the Draft Dominator mobile app is a free app so people can get a preview of how powerful it is.

To unlock the full power of the app, you'll need a Premium Footballguys subscription. And as a Footballguys Premium Subscriber, you'll have full online access to the content available in each plan. It's everything you need to crush your draft AND we help you throughout the season with weekly start sit advice and projections, Waiver Wire advice, and much more.

You'll want to pick your Premium Footballguys subscription based on what type of league you have: https://www.footballguys.com/plans

Our PRO level covers Redraft leagues with Offensive only players.

Our ELITE level covers Redraft leagues with Offensive and IDP players. Plus, Salary Cap and Best Ball leagues.

And if you want everything we do, our HALL OF FAME subscription covers all the above as well as DFS content.

Each can be purchased on a recurring monthly plan but you can cancel anytime.

The monthly PRO plan mentioned above is just $4 more than what the Draft Dominator cost last year and it includes so much more content.

Thanks for being part of the Footballguys Family. Let's have a great season.

I'm disappointed that you can no longer purchase the full draft dominator for a phone / tablet and now need a paid membership. Pretty much our entire league uses it to draft but don't purchase the full membership because our payouts aren't huge

In that case, you probably should just do a monthly subscription and not renew. One month is a few dollars more than the app by itself was last year but has tons more content. 

Hope you crush it. 

And for sure we realize some folks bought only the app. It was a significant problem though not including the app in the Premium Subscriptions in the past years. Virtually no other subscription operated the way we with an online subscription and then a separate paid app. This way is tons more clean and we think brings way more value to the customer and gives them a more seamless experience. 

I was so excited to see the app in the store then extremely disappointed to see its now a subscription model.  I’ve bought the app every year since 2013 but I guess I’ll have to find something else this year.  Bummer.

been around as I am in my 20th year.  For me, since I do dynasty type leagues (no IDP types) and do not run any mobile apps and the concern with rosters syncing up with the projection reports during the spring time, this will be my last year.  Yes, I know that the early projections are just that, EARLY PROJECTIONS... but the information is useful in my research.  The cost is just too high for stuff that I do not use. 

Is anyone else having issues with the draft dominator?

A one qb league has too many QBs going early in mock drafts. I resynced the league and now there are 3 added bench spots that is ruining the final rounds of the draft. 

Have been using the Draft dominator for years with no issues. 

A one qb league has too many QBs going early in mock drafts. I resynced the league and now there are 3 added bench spots that is ruining the final rounds of the draft. 

For sure, if you have a problem, go to www.footballguys.com/help and if you can't see the answer, file a ticket and they'll do their best. I know we had an update for the app today and that could possibly be causing a glitch for you. 

been around as I am in my 20th year.  For me, since I do dynasty type leagues (no IDP types) and do not run any mobile apps and the concern with rosters syncing up with the projection reports during the spring time, this will be my last year.  Yes, I know that the early projections are just that, EARLY PROJECTIONS... but the information is useful in my research.  The cost is just too high for stuff that I do not use. 

Hi JS,

Hope you''ll check out the dynasty content as the season winds down this year. Radically changing what we offer there on the timeline is one of the bigger changes for 2022 (actually it'll be 2023). Thanks. 

I was so excited to see the app in the store then extremely disappointed to see its now a subscription model.  I’ve bought the app every year since 2013 but I guess I’ll have to find something else this year.  Bummer.

Hi @Alkahsu  The monthly PRO plan mentioned above is just $4 more than what the Draft Dominator cost last year and it includes so much more content. Super easy to subscribe for just 1 month if you want to keep the cost super low. 

I was having all kinds of problems until I reset everything for this season. Had to  also reset everything in League Dominator.  Once I did this, the app went out and successfully loaded everything as it's supposed to be for my leagues this season.

Was a bit frustrating, but finally got it to work.

I was having all kinds of problems until I reset everything for this season. Had to  also reset everything in League Dominator.  Once I did this, the app went out and successfully loaded everything as it's supposed to be for my leagues this season.

Was a bit frustrating, but finally got it to work.

Sorry you had trouble there. Can you elaborate on exactly what you did? 

What product were you using? Draft Dominator Classic? Draft Dominator Online? Draft Dominator mobile app?

Do you remember what exactly you did to fix it?

Sorry you had trouble there. Can you elaborate on exactly what you did? 

What product were you using? Draft Dominator Classic? Draft Dominator Online? Draft Dominator mobile app?

Do you remember what exactly you did to fix it?
DD Online.

To make it as fresh as I could I completed logged out of everything on FBGs, then relogged back in.

I had a previously loaded version of League Dominator on my laptop, so I relogged into that and it gave me an option to update for this season,  so I did that. It found my Yahoo league just fine and loaded what it needed to.

Then I went to the DD site here on FBGs and clicked on the DD Online tab.

It then gave me the same option to update for 2022, so I click the tab to go and find my Yahoo league site.  It did that and loaded everything just fine from there.  It was weird though that it found a lot of other Yahoo leagues that weren't my regular league, not sure of those were mock draft I'd done or what, but I simply deleted those.

Everything from there went great.  

The frustrating part is kinda what is happening with johnnyboy.  It was loading information from last season.  So I think the trick is, at least it was in my case, to make sure to update the app for this season if you've used in in previous years.  :shrug:

One thing I'd love to see changed is when you go in and manually adjust player point projections, especially defenses. I wich you could simply type in your number rather than trying to find the spot on the range line you intend.  I've tried so many times to adjust the points projections for my defenses I've given up because trying to slide the indicator along the range line using my mouse to find my number is just impossible.  It wants to swing way too far to the left (much lower number,s like going from "160" to "40"). And then using the mouse to try to move the indicator back to the right (higher numbers) to get to my desired number , say "140", it doesn't allow you to swing the indicator back far enough along the line to the desired number.  It stops at like "70". 

This is extremely clunky IMO...and I totally get that it's attempting to capture gaps between players, but just having a simple means of manually entering your project doesn't seem like it would be that difficult a revision.

What tier will Rotopass subscribers get?

I hadn’t looked closely at the new plans until today. I agree with the many comments saying that it’s an extreme price jump from 35 to 70 in 1 year for those of us who want some dynasty rankings and content. 

What tier will Rotopass subscribers get?

I hadn’t looked closely at the new plans until today. I agree with the many comments saying that it’s an extreme price jump from 35 to 70 in 1 year for those of us who want some dynasty rankings and content. 

https://rotopass.com/

Rotopass subscribers get the PRO level.  Again, this includes the mobile apps that were $15.99 last year.  Last year this was $39.95 without the apps covering the time from when you bought until the Super Bowl. Most people buy in July or August so most people got about 8 months of coverage. This year the PRO plan covers offensive only and includes both mobile apps for $47.88 for 12 months. Or for the ELITE subscription that also includes IDP, Best Ball, Salary Cap, Dynasty and both mobile apps, it's $69.48 for 12 months. https://www.footballguys.com/plans

And as we've talked about, we've also added a significant expansion in content for IDP, Salary Cap and Dynasty coverage that is part of the ELITE level. Hope you''ll join us again. 

How much if all we want to do is be able to enter the contest and postseason contest, don't need any of the content.

How much if all we want to do is be able to enter the contest and postseason contest, don't need any of the content.
The 2 contests are the ONLY reason I pay for this site as well.  I had to purchase the PRO plan for $47.88.  I know Joe says the contest costs them money, but I bet there are at least 1000 people who pay solely for the contest, so I would say it's a money maker, not a money loser.

The 2 contests are the ONLY reason I pay for this site as well.  I had to purchase the PRO plan for $47.88.  I know Joe says the contest costs them money, but I bet there are at least 1000 people who pay solely for the contest, so I would say it's a money maker, not a money loser.

I've no doubt there are some people who play ONLY for the contest. Several are in this thread I'm sure. There's no way of knowing for sure of course. My expectation is the number is vastly below what it would take to break even from a pure dollars and sense angle. I'm certain it's a money loser on actual money. Where it helps, and where you can't quantify the money, is it helps build community and builds good will. It's a fun thing to do and I like being able to provide it for people. That's always why we've done it. 

Side note, I think you're missing a TON of good stuff if you don't put any value on the content we produce. This year, more than any I can remember, we've upped what we're doing for content and it's been great. 

If I'm honest, it feels a little insulting to hear there's no value on the content we work our butts off to create and the "ONLY" reason someone would subscribe is for the contest. But I totally get it. I hope you'll check out the content and get the full benefit of your subscription! 

I've no doubt there are some people who play ONLY for the contest. Several are in this thread I'm sure. There's no way of knowing for sure of course. My expectation is the number is vastly below what it would take to break even from a pure dollars and sense angle. I'm certain it's a money loser on actual money. Where it helps, and where you can't quantify the money, is it helps build community and builds good will. It's a fun thing to do and I like being able to provide it for people. That's always why we've done it. 

Side note, I think you're missing a TON of good stuff if you don't put any value on the content we produce. This year, more than any I can remember, we've upped what we're doing for content and it's been great. 

If I'm honest, it feels a little insulting to hear there's no value on the content we work our butts off to create and the "ONLY" reason someone would subscribe is for the contest. But I totally get it. I hope you'll check out the content and get the full benefit of your subscription! 
I don’t think you should take it that way. I mean it could be he’s only in one fantasy league or just doesn’t care for “expert” opinions and would rather go it alone.

He said it’s the only reason he pays - not that it’s the only reason anyone should pay. Obviously your subscribers generally know your worth - and you have one of the best known sites for a reason.

The website and content are so good this year I was actually able to get away from Twitter and social media and I feel like I haven't missed anything! 

:pickle:

I don’t think you should take it that way. I mean it could be he’s only in one fantasy league or just doesn’t care for “expert” opinions and would rather go it alone.

He said it’s the only reason he pays - not that it’s the only reason anyone should pay. Obviously your subscribers generally know your worth - and you have one of the best known sites for a reason.

:hifive:

Joe,
As @Dr. Octopussaid, you are taking it the wrong way.  Instead of being offended by me saying what I did, perhaps you should be happy, knowing that your site is the only one I have ever paid for.  I am only a casual FF'er, and only play in a basic redraft league, so I don't need all the bells and whistles.  Truthfully, your contest (and the playoff one that follows) are the main reason I still enjoy FF at all.  That's why I am willing to look like a clown and start the thread a month too early, and then bug the crap out of you asking for the contest querier and live scoring.  And I stand by what I said about there being at least 1000 subscribers who would otherwise not be paying members.  Please don't take offense by that.

Joe,
As @Dr. Octopussaid, you are taking it the wrong way.  Instead of being offended by me saying what I did, perhaps you should be happy, knowing that your site is the only one I have ever paid for.  I am only a casual FF'er, and only play in a basic redraft league, so I don't need all the bells and whistles.  Truthfully, your contest (and the playoff one that follows) are the main reason I still enjoy FF at all.  That's why I am willing to look like a clown and start the thread a month too early, and then bug the crap out of you asking for the contest querier and live scoring.  And I stand by what I said about there being at least 1000 subscribers who would otherwise not be paying members.  Please don't take offense by that.

No worries at all, GB. I'm glad you love the contest!

I'm sure this post was put in the wrong place or is too critical and will get removed rather quickly, but it looks like the price went from $40 last year to $48-$75 just for season long content (not counting DFS).  Price range depends if you want the annual or monthly, but you are going to need at least 5 months to cover the fantasy season so makes no sense to not do annual.  Done on purpose. I also like how they made it so you can't get Auction or Best Ball Content unless you subscribe to tier 2.  You got all season long in one package in prior years.  Again, done on purpose.

I know,  they keep adding more stuff.  I was happy with their stuff 5 years ago.  I don't need 10% average yearly price increases for stuff I don't need/want.  I know, if you don't like it leave.  They could charge anything or do anything and this would be the universal catch all argument.  Say this and they are immune from criticism. 

I love the contest. I will gladly shell out the extra cash so I can play. Hey Joe's got to make a living too so no problem with the increase. I'm sure it's worth it for those still playing. I'm just getting a little long in the tooth and still very technically impaired for it to have much impact for me.

I've used this site and the forums for a long time and they have been very helpful and entertaining.  I'm a loyal guy so I plan to keep subscribing for the same reasons I have in the past. Not real fond of that auto renew thing though. I hate that.

I love the contest. I will gladly shell out the extra cash so I can play. Hey Joe's got to make a living too so no problem with the increase. I'm sure it's worth it for those still playing. I'm just getting a little long in the tooth and still very technically impaired for it to have much impact for me.

I've used this site and the forums for a long time and they have been very helpful and entertaining.  I'm a loyal guy so I plan to keep subscribing for the same reasons I have in the past. Not real fond of that auto renew thing though. I hate that.

Hi @rustycolts  For the autorenew, it's super easy to cancel and not renew. You can actually do it now if you like and the subscription will run for the year or whatever you bought. Info here.

Hi @rustycolts  For the autorenew, it's super easy to cancel and not renew. You can actually do it now if you like and the subscription will run for the year or whatever you bought. Info here.
Thanks Joe. I know it's kind of silly as I wii subscribe next year just hate those auto renew things. Might have something to do with me forgetting about my Babel account for almost 3 years and paying for it. The bad thing is I still don't speak a word of Spanish. 

Say this and they are immune from criticism. 

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. We get a lot of criticism. Obviously, we can't do everything everyone wants, but I value constructive feedback and criticism. So thank you. Much of what we changed this year was in response to feedback we've received about expanding IDP, Dynasty, Best Ball and Salary Cap coverage. And making the Mobile Apps included in the subscription. We listen to what folks have to say.

I've also tried my best to be upfront about the cost of running the business and how we believe in paying our content creators fairly and not just "paying" them with "exposure". We're also in an environment unfortunately where most things cost more than they did in the past. 

But for the bottom line, you're 100% correct. The customer decides if we're a good value or not. It doesn't really matter what I think. The customer decides. I have no idea if I'm making the right decisions for our business and customers and content partners. Like I have since day 1, I'm doing what I think is the right thing and hoping enough other folks find value in it. Will it work? We'll see. 

Regardless of what you decide, I hope you have an awesome season. 

And I'll merge this with the other thread we have on this topic. 

Thanks @rustycolts

One of the interesting things about having a business that's run for for as long as we have is how to handle new things.

We've been doing this 20+ years now. A LOT has changed. Including lots of our customers. Including me.

One of things I think you and other long time customers appreciate is I've fought hard to keep our "Classic" tools alive. I personally use our new Draft Dominator drafting tool and app. 

But I also know tons of people love the Draft Dominator Classic. And the VBD Excel App. And The Projections Dominator.  So I make $40,000+ investment in those tools every single year to keep them going for the folks that love them. 

I know that's not how much of the tech world operates. They make a move and go with the new better thing. We have a significant number of our staff who think I'm not spending the money wisely to keep up the old tools. Things can change of course, but for many years, I've thought it best to keep the old stuff going. 

Users who are viewing this thread