What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Staff vs Message Board's Best (1 Viewer)

If I picked a team of message board guys it would be as follows:

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

That motley crew would p\/\/n the staff.
6 people from Survivor II. :thumbup: After having already been through the toughest league there could be, playing against staff would be like the Super Bowl winner scrimmaging a Division III school. :D
PuhleazzzzzeeeeClayton, Chase and myself would have mopped the floor with you.

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

If you want my spot bagger, just say so... :boxing:

Great idea!Too many good posters, hard to pick a captain. I'm gonna nominate SINRMANHe drafted 112 teams last year and I'd venture to say nobody drafts more. Sometimes I rag him for this (beacuse you CAN'T manage 112 teams!), but I still hope he'll remember those who called his name.I'd personally LOVE to play - I think I draft 'outside the box' enough to make some waves.SINRMAN for CAPTAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've shown that I'm at least as good as any of the cakes around here.
as soon as there is a message board vs. staff trivia night, we'll give you, jzilla, and new hoss a call.

Here is an Idea, not sure if it could work, but i would like to see it happen:

12 Staff vs 12 Highly Touted MB vs 12 MB that normaly would not be given a shot

Instead of two leagues with 6 each there could be three leagues with 4 each.

I think the Staff would be suprised how well me and 11 other MBers that are not highly known will do.

-So the ball is in your court staff, I volunteer to lead the team of rookie MBers in the quest for greatness.

Not sure how the money prizes would break down, but I what if the 3rd group of people could not win prizes, prizes would be limited to the Staff and top MBers, but what the third group would win is respect on the boards, if they did well in the league.

*Just an Idea!

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

6 people from Survivor II. :thumbup: After having already been through the toughest league there could be, playing against staff would be like the Super Bowl winner scrimmaging a Division III school. :D
I hope you guys are better at survivor than you are at No Mercy. :P

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

If you want my spot bagger, just say so... :boxing:
ok. :thumbup:

Actually Drugrunner (Mike Anderson) is not available to be on the Message Board team as we just offered him a job today to bolster our Dynasty coverage. Welcome aboard Mike.
:thumbup: OK, OUT! ;) Now if I can just get on the Team to crush the Message board guys! :HellToup:

Great idea!Too many good posters, hard to pick a captain. I'm gonna nominate SINRMANHe drafted 112 teams last year and I'd venture to say nobody drafts more. Sometimes I rag him for this (beacuse you CAN'T manage 112 teams!), but I still hope he'll remember those who called his name.I'd personally LOVE to playSINRMAN for CAPTAIN
He may have played in 100+ leagues but he only won like 20. We need a better winning % than that. And this sin't going to be a yahoo league.

I definitely think one of the Free-for-allers should be represented. I don't post much there but it wouldn't be a footballguys message board team without representation from at least one of the well known free-for-allers.And definitely one of the ladies should be represented, if they would kindly send me naked pics I will be happy to be the one to choose which one. :pics:I think Unlucky is great, but am afraid that means that 100% of the team will consist of those that were in his leagues, which isn't a bad thing, but that shouldn't be the makeup of the whole team and it excludes some great board members.

I definitely think one of the Free-for-allers should be represented. I don't post much there but it wouldn't be a footballguys message board team without representation from at least one of the well known free-for-allers.
I have nearly 10,000 posts, and 6 from the Shark Pool. Who else boasts a ratio like that?

Actually Drugrunner (Mike Anderson) is not available to be on the Message Board team as we just offered him a job today to bolster our Dynasty coverage. Welcome aboard Mike.
What is this? If you can't beat them, HIRE THEM? ;) Seriously, this sounds interesting and I'd like to be considered for the MB12.

I definitely think one of the Free-for-allers should be represented. I don't post much there but it wouldn't be a footballguys message board team without representation from at least one of the well known free-for-allers.
I have nearly 10,000 posts, and 6 from the Shark Pool. Who else boasts a ratio like that?
zippy?

Those are numbers that can't be denied.I officially nominate MelvinTScupper. :thumbup:

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

myself

:thumbup: I second the nominations.
Of course you do!

Zippy has a better ratio ;)

I  definitely think one of the Free-for-allers should be represented.  I don't post much there but it wouldn't be a footballguys message board team without representation from at least one of the well known free-for-allers.
I nominate Zippy as well.

My analysis of the experts:1. David Dodds – Does not change strategy from draft to draft. We will easily be able to predict his choices in the first 4 or 5 rounds based on his rankings and his easily accessible 2004 draft history. That said, his drafts are usually flawless so this only gives us an advantage in knowing who he will be looking for in each round. Overall skill level = 92. Ken Maxwell – Spends a little to much time at the snack machine and fixing hot tubs to be a great FF player. He is unpredictable year in and year out which will make predicting his drafts difficult, but his play is suspect. Overall skill level = 43. David Shick!- Is a teacher so he has plenty of time to prepare for drafting. He may spend a little too much time creating smilies and visiting the 57 message boards he frequents to be of much concern in this league. Overall skill level = 6 4. Maurile Tremblay- Mr. Overanaysis. I like reading his well thought out posts, but skill in writing does not necessarily equate to skill in fantasy football. This is the clear case here. Tremblay will not be competitive in this league. Overall skill level = 55. Chris Smith – Is this guy still around? And if I may ask, why? Overall skill level = 46. Jason Wood- Analysis is strong and drafts very well. Has a history of strong performance in contests like this. Overall skill level = 87. Chase Stuart- Will overdraft all NY Jets. Plays favorites towards Granpa Eddie George and Vinny Testeverde. We can only hope this guy is on the experts team. Overall skill level = 38. Shawn Culcasi- Knows his stuff and should be playing for the message board team. Overall skill level = 89. Clayton Gray- (see Chris Smith)10. Mark Wimer- Probably the most under rated expert on the board. Year in and year out, if you follow his advice you will do well. Overall skill level = 8.yes, I would like to be involved in this. :football:

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

I hope you guys are better at survivor than you are at No Mercy. :P
Kestrel was one of the most non-active leagues that I was in last season. No one was interested in making any trades and trade offers would go unanswered for weeks.How active is a league when there wasn't even a response offer for Culpepper?

My analysis of the experts:1. David Dodds – Does not change strategy from draft to draft. We will easily be able to predict his choices in the first 4 or 5 rounds based on his rankings and his easily accessible 2004 draft history. That said, his drafts are usually flawless so this only gives us an advantage in knowing who he will be looking for in each round. Overall skill level = 92. Ken Maxwell – Spends a little to much time at the snack machine and fixing hot tubs to be a great FF player. He is unpredictable year in and year out which will make predicting his drafts difficult, but his play is suspect. Overall skill level = 43. David Shick!- Is a teacher so he has plenty of time to prepare from drafting. He may spend a little too much time creating smilies and visiting the 57 message boards he frequents to be of much concern in this league. Overall skill level = 6 4. Maurile Tremblay- Mr. Overanaysis. I like reading his well thought out posts, but skill in writing does not necessarily equate to skill in fantasy football. This is the clear case here. Tremblay will not be competitive in this league. Overall skill level = 55. Chris Smith – Is this guy still around? And if I may ask, why? Overall skill level = 46. Jason Wood- Analysis is strong and drafts very well. Has a history of strong performance in contests like this. Overall skill level = 87. Chase Stuart- Will overdraft all NY Jets. Plays favorites towards Granpa Eddie George and Vinny Testeverde. We can only hope this guy is on the experts team. Overall skill level = 38. Shawn Culcasi- Knows his stuff and should be playing for the message board team. Overall skill level = 89. Clayton Gray- (see Chris Smith)10. Mark Wimer- Probably to the most under rated expert on the board. Year in and year out, if you follow his advice you will do well. Overall skill level = 8.yes, I would like to be involved in this. :football:
No analysis for possible top posters?

Here is an Idea, not sure if it could work, but i would like to see it happen:12 Staff vs 12 Highly Touted MB vs 12 MB that normaly would not be given a shot Instead of two leagues with 6 each there could be three leagues with 4 each. I think the Staff would be suprised how well me and 11 other MBers that are not highly known will do. -So the ball is in your court staff, I volunteer to lead the team of rookie MBers in the quest for greatness.Not sure how the money prizes would break down, but I what if the 3rd group of people could not win prizes, prizes would be limited to the Staff and top MBers, but what the third group would win is respect on the boards, if they did well in the league. *Just an Idea! *Give the little people a chance*-This third group of people could include 6 little known people and 6 people that are well known in the Free For All boards-

My analysis of the experts:1. David Dodds – Does not change strategy from draft to draft. We will easily be able to predict his choices in the first 4 or 5 rounds based on his rankings and his easily accessible 2004 draft history. That said, his drafts are usually flawless so this only gives us an advantage in knowing who he will be looking for in each round. Overall skill level = 92. Ken Maxwell – Spends a little to much time at the snack machine and fixing hot tubs to be a great FF player. He is unpredictable year in and year out which will make predicting his drafts difficult, but his play is suspect. Overall skill level = 43. David Shick!- Is a teacher so he has plenty of time to prepare from drafting. He may spend a little too much time creating smilies and visiting the 57 message boards he frequents to be of much concern in this league. Overall skill level = 6 4. Maurile Tremblay- Mr. Overanaysis. I like reading his well thought out posts, but skill in writing does not necessarily equate to skill in fantasy football. This is the clear case here. Tremblay will not be competitive in this league. Overall skill level = 55. Chris Smith – Is this guy still around? And if I may ask, why? Overall skill level = 46. Jason Wood- Analysis is strong and drafts very well. Has a history of strong performance in contests like this. Overall skill level = 87. Chase Stuart- Will overdraft all NY Jets. Plays favorites towards Granpa Eddie George and Vinny Testeverde. We can only hope this guy is on the experts team. Overall skill level = 38. Shawn Culcasi- Knows his stuff and should be playing for the message board team. Overall skill level = 89. Clayton Gray- (see Chris Smith)10. Mark Wimer- Probably to the most under rated expert on the board. Year in and year out, if you follow his advice you will do well. Overall skill level = 8.yes, I would like to be involved in this. :football:
:rotflmao: PS, there are 12 staff guys in this contest.please include commentary of Joe B and Drinen.TIA

My analysis of the experts:1. David Dodds – Does not change strategy from draft to draft. We will easily be able to predict his choices in the first 4 or 5 rounds based on his rankings and his easily accessible 2004 draft history. That said, his drafts are usually flawless so this only gives us an advantage in knowing who he will be looking for in each round. Overall skill level = 92. Ken Maxwell – Spends a little to much time at the snack machine and fixing hot tubs to be a great FF player. He is unpredictable year in and year out which will make predicting his drafts difficult, but his play is suspect. Overall skill level = 43. David Shick!- Is a teacher so he has plenty of time to prepare for drafting. He may spend a little too much time creating smilies and visiting the 57 message boards he frequents to be of much concern in this league. Overall skill level = 6 4. Maurile Tremblay- Mr. Overanaysis. I like reading his well thought out posts, but skill in writing does not necessarily equate to skill in fantasy football. This is the clear case here. Tremblay will not be competitive in this league. Overall skill level = 55. Chris Smith – Is this guy still around? And if I may ask, why? Overall skill level = 46. Jason Wood- Analysis is strong and drafts very well. Has a history of strong performance in contests like this. Overall skill level = 87. Chase Stuart- Will overdraft all NY Jets. Plays favorites towards Granpa Eddie George and Vinny Testeverde. We can only hope this guy is on the experts team. Overall skill level = 38. Shawn Culcasi- Knows his stuff and should be playing for the message board team. Overall skill level = 89. Clayton Gray- (see Chris Smith)10. Mark Wimer- Probably the most under rated expert on the board. Year in and year out, if you follow his advice you will do well. Overall skill level = 8.yes, I would like to be involved in this. :football:
Joe T sucking up is a beautiful sight.

1. Having more posts doesn't mean anything. I know of many posters here with a high post count that don't ever seem to say anything. One of my favorite quotes goes something like this: "It is better to remain silent and appear a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". ;) 2. I'll nominate Grid for captain.3. An idea: maybe the 12th MB team member should be a 'composite' player. At draft time, we all vote on who to draft. Consensus choice gets drafted. I know this may take a little longer during the draft but I think it adds a nice new twist and gets everyone involved.

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

Except, of course, for those of us on the staff that were also in the SII draft. ;)

My analysis of the experts:6. Jason Wood- Analysis is strong and drafts very well. Has a history of strong performance in contests like this. Overall skill level = 8
kissass

I'm having an impossible time now trying to figure out which FFA is most worthy, but this post gives JoeT a leg up on the competition.Gotta respect the cajones of a guy like JoeT.

I'd be honored to be the captain. If not, I'd be happy to be on the team. This is a tough challenge - the staff has little weakness. It's going to take a team of original thinkers to win this league.
I think Unlucky is a solid choice for the message board captain, particularly since he's drafted with so many of us in the past 2 years. That being said, the only time I was in a league with him was the 14 team Iota Greek League 2 years ago. I'd like to point out I beat him both times we played (counting the playoffs) ;) .

I am interested. Can we get chris azzuniga back in (whoever he was) that one the first mod survivor?
i was going to nominate KidC but he's retired from here.if he makes a triumphant return he should definitely be part of the message board team.
Shouldn't the members of the team be "What have you done for me lately?"If I were captain of anything, whether it be on this or on a sports team, (I coach 3 sports and have to make cuts so that's kind of like a captain) I pick guys that have contributed the most recently. I can't take guys who were good in years past and aren't showing up now.For example, in this past year, take who's contributed the most, whoever those lucky or "Unlucky" people may be. Not only that, all people who use the board now will know those people a little more because they've been on the message board a lot this past year.Everyone or most everyone will have different opinions and favorites, which is cool. Whoever the 12 Board Members are, I'm sure they'll be highly qualified. Good luck to all those who want in and to the nominated Captain as he or she has some difficult decisions to make.

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

Well since Survivor II has been mentioned...It is interesting to note that Boston Fred, GregR and I all mopped up the new footballguys: Aaron Rudnicki and Marc Levin.

Give me my choice of five others in Survivor II and we would MOP any six of the FBG...and I mean MOP. I saw the Survivor I draft, as a matter of fact I critiqued it...trust me FBG has a little bit of homework to do before they tangle with some of the top fellas on the messageboard.

Except, of course, for those of us on the staff that were also in the SII draft.
Just because some of us have real jobs....wait I'm at work posting...err, nevermind.

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

LHUCKS takes over for Drugrunner and you guys have yourselves a great team.

I  definitely think one of the Free-for-allers should be represented.  I don't post much there but it wouldn't be a footballguys message board team without representation from at least one of the well known free-for-allers.
I doubt it.Law of large numbers gets ugly here.If I have 10,000 and 6 (hard to tell anymore)He'd need 15,000 and 9 to beat that ratio.I think Zippy has posted here more than enough times to make me the statistical champion.

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

LHUCKS takes over for Drugrunner and you guys have yourselves a great team.
however, i won't be helping out LHUCKS this year if he drafts his first three players with the same bye week.you're on your own this time. ;)

3. An idea: maybe the 12th MB team member should be a 'composite' player. At draft time, we all vote on who to draft. Consensus choice gets drafted. I know this may take a little longer during the draft but I think it adds a nice new twist and gets everyone involved.
That would be fun. But who gets the money if they win? $0.18 checks to everyone!

I doubt it.Law of large numbers gets ugly here.If I have 10,000 and 6 (hard to tell anymore)He'd need 15,000 and 9 to beat that ratio.I think Zippy has posted here more than enough times to make me the statistical champion.
your ratio changes evey time you post here, money.

Users who are viewing this thread