What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Staff vs Message Board's Best (1 Viewer)

If I picked a team of message board guys it would be as follows:

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

That motley crew would p\/\/n the staff.
How quickly some forget Survivor II - lots of your names were entered, but I don't think any of them won. Refresh my memory. I do remember the guy who did win was a FF dynamo - pulling one spectacular pick after another. Quite a snazzy dresser to boot. Who was that again?
You were probably excluded because we all came to the conclusion you had to have sold your soul to the devil to overcome my week 16 lead going into that final show down, and you probably don't have a second soul you could sell to win this league. ;)

Well, wait, except for the league Maxwell is in. There should be plenty of extra value to be had in that draft. ;)
Greg is right. My survivor team was attrocious last year.As Joe T stated earlier, you will never see me locked into a particular draft strategy.

What about trash talking? And can we pick the staff members? I'm thinking Maxwell (who can't make it out of No Mercy Guppy league) should be the FBG captain. Maybe Shaun and Aaron, Yudkin (still low on the food chain at NM), but not Maurile (the first FBG staff member to make it to Great White).Come to think of it, it looks like a lot of the MB players are beating up on the staff already!

The Message board team will not reach its potential with Rob on the sidelines. Whomever is elected captain would be a fool to leave him off the list.

Well, wait, except for the league Maxwell is in. There should be plenty of extra value to be had in that draft. ;)
Greg is right. My survivor team was attrocious last year.As Joe T stated earlier, you will never see me locked into a particular draft strategy.
Maybe this will be the year (and draft) where you can change that. I recommend giving a stud TE/PK draft strategy a try. The other teams will NEVER see it coming.

Fro's Dream Team would be:azgroverpiratetommyGunzGeneral Malaisegatormantop dogMr PicklesGridbaggerjplvrmen-in-cleatsFatMaxThis is soley expressed on the pure enteratinment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but nnot limited fantasy football knowledge. WTYM:fro:

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

How quickly some forget Survivor II - lots of your names were entered, but I don't think any of them won. Refresh my memory. I do remember the guy who did win was a FF dynamo - pulling one spectacular pick after another. Quite a snazzy dresser to boot. Who was that again?
You were probably excluded because we all came to the conclusion you had to have sold your soul to the devil to overcome my week 16 lead going into that final show down, and you probably don't have a second soul you could sell to win this league. ;)
:rotflmao:True. I hate to say this - as it could easily be taken the wrong way - but if it wasn't for Farve's dad passing on when he did, I really doubt I'd have won. Farve was on fire that MNF game, and Walker was the main beneficiary.

Still, even without that - 2nd overall is pretty impressive.

Fro's Dream Team would be:azgroverpiratetommyGunzGeneral Malaisegatormantop dogMr PicklesGridbaggerjplvrmen-in-cleatsFatMaxThis is soley expressed on the pure enteratinment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but nnot limited fantasy football knowledge. WTYM:fro:
#######

WTYM :thumbup:

that cut me deep

I'm thinking Maxwell (who can't make it out of No Mercy Guppy league) should be the FBG captain.
but the 'no trading' provision will actually be a benefit to Ken. He can't mortgage his entire draft for an extra first-rounder as he's been known to do in NM.

who the #### are some of these people? azgrover? top dog? jplvr? men in cleats?

Unlucky

joffer

bostonfred

GregR

BassNBrew

Gridiron Assassin

bueno

switz

Drugrunner

Twilight

Gatorman

Zaphod

myself

Gee thanks for the vote of confidence sandbagger. If only Pennington stayed healthy I woulda been a contender! :(

that cut me deep
You're already in. You're so $$ and you don't even know it.

I'm thinking Maxwell (who can't make it out of No Mercy Guppy league) should be the FBG captain.
but the 'no trading' provision will actually be a benefit to Ken. He can't mortgage his entire draft for an extra first-rounder as he's been known to do in NM.
Yeah, but he might still draft all Rams again.

True. I hate to say this - as it could easily be taken the wrong way - but if it wasn't for Farve's dad passing on when he did, I really doubt I'd have won. Farve was on fire that MNF game, and Walker was the main beneficiary. Still, even without that - 2nd overall is pretty impressive.
I think favre may be the key to survivor drafting. I am not sure how, but he always seems to do something that helps a survivor team overcome the odds.Brett Favre draft strategy is on the way...I'd love to see what maxwell cooks up as a draft strategy this year. WR-WR-QB-then alot of rookie and 2nd year RBs for the next 5 rounds

Well, wait, except for the league Maxwell is in.  There should be plenty of extra value to be had in that draft.  ;)
Maybe this will be the year (and draft) where you can change that. I recommend giving a stud TE/PK draft strategy a try. The other teams will NEVER see it coming.
When going against knowledgeable drafters, the worst thing you can do is lock yourself into one strategy BEFORE the draft starts.

The Message board team will not reach its potential with Rob on the sidelines. Whomever is elected captain would be a fool to leave him off the list.
Wow - such strong words, and not even undercut with a follow-up jab...time to hit the hat store, as my swollen skull won't fit into the ones I already have. ;)

I would like to throw my name out there as a memeber of the MB team. I admit I do not post alot but I have been lurking here for years (since cheatsheets.net) only posting when I have something of value to add. Although many of you on the messge boards may not know me, Joe and David know me since they wrote me out a $15,000 check last year as the winner of the $15,000 survivor contest. I'm sure there were some current or new FBG staff members that I beat in that contest. So whoever is named captain of the MB team consider someane like myself who has survivor championship skills over 8000 active FBG members.

It was a sound strategy that did not work ONLY because James went down.

I would like to throw my name out there as a memeber of the MB team. I admit I do not post alot but I have been lurking here for years (since cheatsheets.net) only posting when I have something of value to add. Although many of you on the messge boards may not know me, Joe and David know me since they wrote me out a $15,000 check last year as the winner of the $15,000 survivor contest. I'm sure there were some current or new FBG staff members that I beat in that contest. So whoever is named captain of the MB team consider someane like myself who has survivor championship skills over 8000 active FBG members.
shuke was out in the first cut, else you would have taken a beat down

Word.I made it to the 64 in the 15k contest and have finished top 4 in both MBSL's so far. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, wait, except for the league Maxwell is in.  There should be plenty of extra value to be had in that draft.   ;)
When going against knowledgeable drafters, the worst thing you can do is lock yourself into one strategy BEFORE the draft starts.
AGREED. Maxwell is so F'n $$.

I am in numerous money leagues with many of these so called ekspurts and always finish in the money. BWIH :cX:

How about this.For every message board member that outlasts me, I will buy you a FBG.com T-shirt or hat. For every message board member that is eliminated before me, you make a $50 contribution to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

How about this.For every message board member that outlasts me, I will buy you a FBG.com T-shirt or hat. For every message board member that is eliminated before me, you make a $50 contribution to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
like a t-shirt is worth 50 bucks

I'll agree to this. By the way, I'm a large.

Ken subtly places his odds at 5-1 of beating any message board member.

Um...Ken....James is a COLT!

Note: Word from the boss is that no one has been invited/selected to participate yet.

Fishermen, please pack up your gear and head back to your detainment facility (Free For All).

The boss will announce any official decisions. All other reports should be considered BS.

If I make the squad, I will accept that deal as long as you change your sig to the Ken " THE INMATES OWN ME" Maxwell, once I outlast you.Agreed? :yes: (edited so you won't have to break company sig rules)

Last edited by a moderator:
sure, I win either way

Note: Word from the boss is that no one has been invited/selected to participate yet.

Fishermen, please pack up your gear and head back to your detainment facility (Free For All).

The boss will announce any official decisions. All other reports should be considered BS.
Just because I sent the boss multiple PM's does not mean I am jumping in the boat...

are you and rudnicki snacking on the same pile of dung...geesh...what did you expect from a thread like this

FYI: I REALLY HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN INVITATION

tell the boss I accept.

Um...Ken....James is a COLT!
I'm talking about 2001 not 2002.

How about this.For every message board member that outlasts me, I will buy you a FBG.com T-shirt or hat.  For every message board member that is eliminated before me, you make a $50 contribution to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Ken subtly places his odds at 5-1 of beating any message board member.
:rotflmao:

You mean this jplvr?2.14 Onterrio Smith3.01 Stacey Mack

Users who are viewing this thread