What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBI accused of leaking private data to NYT after Project Veritas raid (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
 https://www.foxnews.com/media/federal-judge-doj-project-veritas-james-okeefe-fbi-raid 

"A federal judge ordered the Department of Justice to stop extracting data from the phones of Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe days after his home was raided by the FBI as part of an investigation into the missing diary belonging to President Biden's daughter, Ashley Biden. 

The order, which came on Thursday from District Court Judge Analisa Torres from the Southern District of New York, granted the request from O'Keefe's legal team made Wednesday for an independent "special master" to be appointed to oversee the review of his devices."

"The DOJ has specific regulations about this. There's also a federal statute called the Privacy Protection Act that protects journalists and their information from exactly this type of thuggish behavior that the DOJ has done in this case. And they have blown federal law, they blown the Constitution, they blown due process and civil rights and now they're so easily communicating in some level for sure with the New York Times," Dhillon added. 

Dhillon was alluding to the Times' reporting on the FBI raids of O'Keefe and two Project Veritas associates as well as the publishing of confidential communications between the guerilla news organization and its attorneys."

ETA: Added a new link from a more "accepted" source since people couldn't get over the first one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how they prove what we can certainly deduce transpired here.  I hope they can.
Hard to prove anything against the people who's job is to hide all the evidence of any wrong doing. 

FBI is what it is. Basically the KGB. It's the NYT that's supposed to have "the utmost journalsitic integrity." They have proven that they are as trustworthy as the machine they defend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is the problem right here. So many people still buy into the corporate media that they refuse to see what's right in front of them because it doesn't have the official stamp of the ministry of truth. 
So your solution is to seek information from the Ministry of Lies? Doesn't seem like a reasonable reaction to me.

So your solution is to seek information from the Ministry of Lies? Doesn't seem like a reasonable reaction to me.
You realize the Ministry of Truth is called such to hide the fact that they don't report the truth. They make the truth. Ministry of Lies would not be believed by simple folk such as you and moops. Lies are obviously bad. 

I can't get enough of the "MSM is evil and are in the thrall of the horrible libs, which it defends at all costs" narrative. We're seriously in here discussing whether RUSSIA TODAY is more truthful than the NYT. This would never have been conceivable before the advent of Fox News and the hackery of people like Rush Limbaugh. Un-f'ing-believable.

I can't get enough of the "MSM is evil and are in the thrall of the horrible libs, which it defends at all costs" narrative. We're seriously in here discussing whether RUSSIA TODAY is more truthful than the NYT. This would never have been conceivable before the advent of Fox News and the hackery of people like Rush Limbaugh. Un-f'ing-believable.
You discredit discredit discredit without looking at the contents. 

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2021/11/11/fbi-must-stop-data-extraction-on-james-okeefes-phones-per-judges-order-n473962

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11/12/the-fbi-raid-of-project-veritas-turns-into-a-massive-scandal-after-privileged-communications-are-leaked-n474182

NYTimes has access to privelged data stolen from OKeefe and runs stories on it within days of the raid commencing. So much so that a judge has to intervene and halt days extraction to find out who is leaking the NYT this information. 

Instead of saying "source invalid" you should ask yourself "why is our media not covering this story?" 

You discredit discredit discredit without looking at the contents. 

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2021/11/11/fbi-must-stop-data-extraction-on-james-okeefes-phones-per-judges-order-n473962

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11/12/the-fbi-raid-of-project-veritas-turns-into-a-massive-scandal-after-privileged-communications-are-leaked-n474182

NYTimes has access to privelged data stolen from OKeefe and runs stories on it within days of the raid commencing. So much so that a judge has to intervene and halt days extraction to find out who is leaking the NYT this information. 

Instead of saying "source invalid" you should ask yourself "why is our media not covering this story?" 

Correct.  What has transpired is actually illegal in terms of the content released by the FBI.

Your link is from RT News which is state owned media. Do you think that is an independent media source?
Is Will Chamberlain a Russian agent?  He has a big thread on this.  

Given the IRS tax records leaks and vast amount of FBI misdeeds lately (we can start with validating a fake Russian produced dossier - a bit ironic, no?) I lean toward believing stuff like this until proven incorrect.

Without commenting on the subject article, its well known Russia creates false "news" to sow mistrust in the US. I would be highly skeptical of anything originating from Russia Today. Especially if its an article meant to cast doubt on the FBI or our media.
That's fine. Being skeptical of a source is a good stance to take. Look at the lawyers for O'Keefe and verify the motions that they have presented to the court have been actually submitted. Then you can see that this is actually happening.

Sometimes you don't need to sow distrust when your enemy is engaged in duplicitous acts. 

This is the biggest story in this thread imho

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Thats your take from this? Holy smokes.

Thats your take from this? Holy smokes.
No, I haven't really delved into whatever the NYT is being accused of. They may very well be doing something illegal. I honestly don't really care in this instance, as O'Keefe and Project Veritas are vile people that deal in lies, disinformation and propaganda that destroys faith in institutions. Not that they deserve to be victimized, but I'm certainly not going to waste time or energy caring about them. I'm just commenting on where we are today with regard to the media.

Project Veritas sues the NYT. The FBI raids O’Keefe’s home. NYT knows about raid immediately. FBI steals O’Keefe’s reporter notes. NYT publishes what his notes were. This is nuts. 
It's ok it's invalid because the right news sources didn't tell us. 

Is Will Chamberlain a Russian agent?  He has a big thread on this.  

Given the IRS tax records leaks and vast amount of FBI misdeeds lately (we can start with validating a fake Russian produced dossier - a bit ironic, no?) I lean toward believing stuff like this until proven incorrect.
I have no idea. I will look into his thread though.

Can you agree that OP does not start this thread off in a productive way when he links to Russia Today as the main source?

Project Veritas sues the NYT. The FBI raids O’Keefe’s home. NYT knows about raid immediately. FBI steals O’Keefe’s reporter notes. NYT publishes what his notes were. This is nuts. 

It is pretty insidious stuff.   If we take this into context with the other behaviors of what sis commonly identified as the MSM, I think we can see a pattern of sorts, and its not good.

Can we focus our hate on the leaker?  I think that's the party which deserves our vitriol.  Can you really blame any new agency for publishing it?  What would you have them do instead, bury it?

Can we focus our hate on the leaker?  I think that's the party which deserves our vitriol.  Can you really blame any new agency for publishing it?  What would you have them do instead, bury it?
This. If there was an illegal leak, that is bad. But any news organization would run with this story

This. If there was an illegal leak, that is bad. But any news organization would run with this story
I dont want to go all :tinfoilhat: , but if I was a mr-smarty-pants in the FBI, I could leak my information to a news source of the opposite political spectrum on me and then throw that news agency under the bus for a "scandal".  :bowtie:

I remember when republicans here and everywhere were furious at the NY Times for blowing Valerie Plame's CIA cover.  I seem to recall a demand of Scooter Libby's head on a platter over it.....**** Cheney too.

I think one of the questions is whether this was a leak or if it was coordinated and if you read the NY Times article I think the word gusher should be used instead of leak because there is a lot of info provided (link below)...the timing is pretty damn quick between the event and the NY Times going with the story as well...as long as the NY Times did not coordinate with the FBI and they were able to confirm everything before going to print you can not blame them for running with the story but it is 100% unacceptable that this info was provided to any new outlet and there needs to be an investigation into how it happened.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/11/us/politics/project-veritas-journalism-political-spying.html

I haven't watched them much since Abby Martin left but they were usually more on point than anything the American MSM, ie Fox, MSNBC, CNN, had to offer.
I don't understand. You think that Russian owned media is more on point and truthful than our own independent media?

Hard to prove anything against the people who's job is to hide all the evidence of any wrong doing. 

FBI is what it is. Basically the KGB. It's the NYT that's supposed to have "the utmost journalsitic integrity." They have proven that they are as trustworthy as the machine they defend. 
man,   I couldn't have put it better.

thanx.

can't believe I just read this.  have a good one.

just wow. 

I think one of the questions is whether this was a leak or if it was coordinated and if you read the NY Times article I think the word gusher should be used instead of leak because there is a lot of info provided (link below)...the timing is pretty damn quick between the event and the NY Times going with the story as well...as long as the NY Times did not coordinate with the FBI and they were able to confirm everything before going to print you can not blame them for running with the story but it is 100% unacceptable that this info was provided to any new outlet and there needs to be an investigation into how it happened.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/11/us/politics/project-veritas-journalism-political-spying.html
good god, some inciteful comments from a person that actually sees stuff as they are & not just from "sides".

thanx dude.

shadrap said:
can't believe I just read this.  have a good one.

just wow. 
Oh you won’t believe what some of the people in here think and believe.  Check that - strike the word think.  The only critical thinking they do is to determine which side the are to take and what their party’s talking points are.  They don’t care one iota about civil liberties - just their side.

If this is true, and the FBI has become as politicized to this degree, then our country has passed the tipping point - in which case it’s just a matter of time before the bullets fly.  

General Malaise said:
I remember when republicans here and everywhere were furious at the NY Times for blowing Valerie Plame's CIA cover.  I seem to recall a demand of Scooter Libby's head on a platter over it.....**** Cheney too.
Scooter Libby? Geez us. 

How did The NY Times get the confidential info?  You think it’s coincidence they got it days after the FBI raid?  God you guys are dense.
Someone who works for O'Keefe? A single rogue FBI agent? Gosh you guys have no imagination. 

Absent any evidence, why should anyone trust some rando's tweet?

Someone who works for O'Keefe? A single rogue FBI agent? Gosh you guys have no imagination. 

Absent any evidence, why should anyone trust some rando's tweet?
Congrats.  You figured out two of the three possibilities - the other being O’Keefe’s lawyer.  In Liberal math this means there’s only a 33% chance it was the fbi.  😆

Users who are viewing this thread