What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

The Duff Man

Footballguy
Value picks?

I like the $55M roster since the value picks become crucial. At higher levels it is more hoping my studs beat your studs.

Initial roster

Palmer $6.3 - better QBs get expensive at this cap size

Sproles - $6.7

Bush -$7.2

Wayne - $6.7 - consistency

Amendola - $6.7 - can Buf cover? They lost their CB1 and were already weak behind him

S. Johnson $5.9 - potential shootout in Buf, rookie QB looks to safety valve

Gates $5.4

Akers $5.1

Indy $5

Really not thrilled with Palmer. Would love Matt Ryan, but need a big downgrade at two positions to get him (need $2.5 more)

Wondering if EJ in Buf is a better option, giving me back $1M

Last edited by a moderator:
60K cap.

QB - Andrew Luck - $8,500 - OAK@IND

RB - Maurice Jones-Drew - $7,500 - KC@JAC

RB - Stevan Ridley - $7,100 - NE@BUF

WR - Dez Bryant - $8,300 - NYG@DAL

WR - Julio Jones - $8,000 - ATL@NO

WR - Steve Johnson - $5,900 - NE@BUF

TE - Brent Celek - $4,500 - PHI@WAS

K - Blair Walsh - $5,100 - MIN@DET

DST - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - $5,100 - TB@NYJ

You can get Zach Sudfeld for $4500 which might be the ultimate steal at TE. I have to rethink this a bit, this is just a rough draft.

Yea, Luck is a lock for week 1. I like Amendola as well.

Paying extra for Houston DEF. I think they molest the Chargers week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have my picks in an article posted tomorrow or Thursday but here are a few guys that are my absolute favorites and will be rostered on a majority of my teams.

Matt Ryan 8.8 - I love Matt Ryan in week 1, hard to not see him put up 300+ and 3 TDs against the Saints.

Pierre Garcon 6.2 - The Eagles defense is just not very good and their secondary is just brutal. Garcon is a value at 6.2 and should rake up a few catches and have plenty of opportunities to find the endzone.

Julio Jones 8.0 - Roddy White has never missed a game in his career but the Falcons have been very quiet with his ankle injury this preseason. I suspect he is not 100% but will still play but Julio is going to get a majority of the targets, and is the best bet among all WR's to score a TD this week.

Jimmy Graham 7.5 - 7.5 seems like a fairly inexpensive way to lock up the TE position. Should be a shoot out type of game against the Falcons and Graham is sure to get 5-8 targets with a couple of those being in the redzone.

My top RBs ranked from 1-15 and then in tiers this week in terms of points for the dollar. H2H expert leagues I'm trying to maximize value. In big tournaments I'm aiming for pure upside.

Charles, Jamaal

Spiller, CJ

McCoy, LeSean

Richardson, Trent

Foster, Arian

Bush, Reggie

Peterson, Adrian

Vereen, Shane

Moreno, Knowshon

Murray, DeMarco

Jones-Drew, Maurice

Gore, Frank

Jackson, Steven

Martin, Doug

Wilson, David

Overrated

Ball, Montee

Mathews, Ryan

Lacy, Eddie

Bernard, Giovani

Johnson, Chris

Mendenhall, Rashard

McFadden, Darren

A lot of lineups with Spiller, Charles, Bush and Vereen combinations along with a couple other guys thrown in just to mix it up.

Same for QB

Ponder, Christian

Luck, Andrew

Wilson, Russell

Smith, Alex

Pryor, Terrelle

Brady, Tom

Griffin III, Robert

Dalton, Andy

Gabbert, Blaine

Kaepernick, Colin

Schaub, Matt

Locker, Jake

Vick, Michael

Ryan, Matt

Roethlisberger, Ben

Weeden, Brandon

Romo, Tony

Bradford, Sam

Manuel, E.J.

Stafford, Matthew

Manning, Peyton

Rodgers, Aaron

Palmer, Carson

Flacco, Joe

Brees, Drew

Tannehill, Ryan

Freeman, Josh

Newton, Cam

Manning, Eli

Smith, Geno

Cutler, Jay

Rivers, Philip

This week in $60k I'm running this squad out for matchups..

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Trent Richardson

RB - Darren Sproles

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins

TE - Jared Cook

K - Dan Bailey

D - New England

A popular strategy in baseball is to pick several players on the same team to fill out your roster. If you think their is a weak starting pitcher, then their will be more hits, rbi's, runs scored in bunches.

I think the same can be applied to the QB and WR/TE position in football. Especially in big contests. If a QB has a good match up, then the WR in theory should do well also. Pairs like with an obvious #1 WR with ? at #2 like Culter/Marshall, Stafford/Johnson, Ryan/Jones (if White is still gimpy), Kaep/Boldin?, Brady/Amendola, RGIII/Garcon come to mind.

Like I said before....I like this better in the big contests. In the 50/50 contests, I would prefer to spread it around just in case I was off on my prediction...I could still get in the money because I only have to beat half of the teams entered.

Thoughts? This is a theory I'm working on with not much of anything to back it up.

so WDIS threads are okay when it comes to fanduel?
I guess I don't see how people are asking who do I start in this thread.
look at the context of the question and it's easy to see

"Fanduel Week 1 Value picks?"

fanduel = your team. then you'll see the question is really "what players should i start from my team this week?"
After re-reading the first post, I can see how you jumped to WDIS and I would agree to a certain extent....but most of the people so far are just listing who they think are value plays for week one. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

A popular strategy in baseball is to pick several players on the same team to fill out your roster. If you think their is a weak starting pitcher, then their will be more hits, rbi's, runs scored in bunches.

I think the same can be applied to the QB and WR/TE position in football. Especially in big contests. If a QB has a good match up, then the WR in theory should do well also. Pairs like with an obvious #1 WR with ? at #2 like Culter/Marshall, Stafford/Johnson, Ryan/Jones (if White is still gimpy), Kaep/Boldin?, Brady/Amendola, RGIII/Garcon come to mind.

Like I said before....I like this better in the big contests. In the 50/50 contests, I would prefer to spread it around just in case I was off on my prediction...I could still get in the money because I only have to beat half of the teams entered.

Thoughts? This is a theory I'm working on with not much of anything to back it up.
My strategy was to pick 3 big names that I know I wanted for sure ie Richardson, Dez, and Julio. Then simply filled in around that as best I could. Also, I went with the Romo/Bryant connection, but I think that was more coincidence than anything based on how much value I perceived Romo to be.

My strategy was to pick 3 big names that I know I wanted for sure ie Richardson, Dez, and Julio. Then simply filled in around that as best I could. Also, I went with the Romo/Bryant connection, but I think that was more coincidence than anything based on how much value I perceived Romo to be.
I made up three core groups for my six contests....I either went with Romo/Bryant, Ryan/Jones (60k), or Big Ben/Brown (55k)

johnjohn said:
HairySasquatch said:
johnjohn said:
so WDIS threads are okay when it comes to fanduel?
I guess I don't see how people are asking who do I start in this thread.
look at the context of the question and it's easy to see

"Fanduel Week 1 Value picks?"

fanduel = your team. then you'll see the question is really "what players should i start from my team this week?"
Huh?

anyone pick J Thomas, you pretty much won the week if did.

1 guy in the 5K already has 100 pts

QB
Peyton Manning
BAL 17 @ DEN 35 3rd
  • -1 RuY
  • 315 PaY
  • 5 PaTD
$9300
12.7% owned
RB
Trent Richardson
MIA @ CLE 1:00pm
$8400
9.7% owned
RB
Ray Rice
BAL 17 @ DEN 35 3rd
  • 36 RuY
  • 1 RuTD
  • 4 Re
  • 16 ReY
$8200
12.4% owned
WR
Wes Welker
BAL 17 @ DEN 35 3rd
  • 8 Re
  • 61 ReY
  • 2 ReTD
  • 1 L
$6400
16.7% owned
WR
A.J. Green
CIN @ CHI 1:00pm
$8100
4.3% owned
WR
Kenbrell Thompkins
NE @ BUF 1:00pm
$4500
16.3% owned
TE
Julius Thomas
BAL 17 @ DEN 35 3rd
  • 5 Re
  • 110 ReY
  • 2 ReTD
$4500
5.6% owned
K
Matt Prater
BAL 17 @ DEN 35 3rd
  • 5 XP
$5400
6.1% owned
D
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TB @ NYJ 1:00pm
$5100
33.2% owned

20 team expert league, no one has Thomas or Manning.

50% have Suds incl me

The players most heavily owned that I dont have are

Des. Jackson WR - 8 of 20

Ridley RB - 8 of 20

Luck QB - 4 of 20

I put J Thomas in several leagues, mostly tournaments. I had one line-up with Manning, D Thomas and J Thomas but it was just a 50/50.

Drew Brees

Reggie Bush

David Wilson

Pierre Garcon

Dez Bryant

Marques Colston

Zach Sudfeld

10k left for bargain K and D. I like it.

Any links to freerolls this week?

Is FBG doing another Fanduel tourney this year?
When I click on mine it says I already entered and won't let me cut and paste the link. Twitter is the source for free rolls. Just search "fanduel freeroll" and you'll get links. Works for draftstreet, draftkings, starstreet, fantasyfued and draftday too. :)

I'm still a big fan of DraftStreet. The more positions, the more skill/information to process to set a lineup. 2qbs, 2rbs, 2wrs, 1te,2flex!, 1D, and NO friggin' kicker. How refreshing is that? It sure seems to filter luck a little and water down a play like Sudfeld this week. Too many of my fanduel lineups are almost identical to the competition. Not so at DraftStreet.

So how did people fare this week in Fanduel or any other weekly's

This week in $60k I'm running this squad out for matchups..

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Trent Richardson

RB - Darren Sproles

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins

TE - Jared Cook

K - Dan Bailey

D - New England
This was my first time ever doing a weekly, so I stuck to just one $25 heads-up match to get my feet wet. This squad got the W for me. Very pleased. Turned $25 into $45, so this week I'm entering one $25 match and two $10 matches.

I won 80 bucks cashed in 1 tourney, all my 5050's.

Vick

Peterson

Bush

Amendola

Jackson

Bryant

Sudfeld

KC kicker

Indy def

Romo

Bush

Murray

Fitzgerald

Amendola

Jackson

Graham

Bailey

Tampa

Were my two lineups

Will probably still tweak it, but so far I'm rolling with this on FanDuel this week.

QB - Terrelle Pryor ($6500)

RB - Stevan Ridley ($6800)

RB - Darren Sproles ($6700)

WR - Brandon Marshall ($8400)

WR - Julio Jones ($8200)

WR - Reggie Wayne ($7000)

TE - Jared Cook ($6300)

K - Greg Zuerlein ($5000)

DEF - Carolina Panthers ($5100)

I might stick to more h2h games until I build a real roll. I played too many tournaments. Maybe a 75/25 split

My rankings were decent, but I used Spiller in way too many lineups.

This week I'm doing 2 $25 50/50s (one expert, one regular), a $10 triple up, and a $1 big tourney.

Eli Manning and Brent Celek are both WAY cheap this week for what I expect them to do. Celek is robbery actually. Eli should get in a shootout with big bro and neither team can run effectively, I expect big numbers.

Good luck to everyone playing this week.

Rolling with these guys as my value plays in the $55m leagues

Pryor

Ridley

Streator

Winslow

Mix in some studs with the $ saved

Week 2 Value Plays

QB

----------

Eli Manning - $7800 - vs DEN: They're going to have to pass a lot in this game. While Eli isn't his brother you could end up matching Peyton's production for $2000 less in cap.

Terrelle Pryor - $6500 - vs JAX: After how good Alex Smith looked last week against JAX it's possible that this Fanduel thread every week is going to say "QB Value Play: Who's got JAX this week?".

RB

---------

Got nothing here, I don't like any value plays. I'm rolling expensive on RB in most of my leagues this week.

WR

--------

DeSean Jackson - $5,700 - @ SD: We just saw Andre Johnson go off for 12 receptions and 146 yards against SD last week. Jackson is no Johnson but still, that plus this high octane offense for this price? He's on every team I'm running this eek.

TE

--------

Martellus Bennett - $5700 - vs MIN: Just seems like a solid value play this week. I could see him putting up 5rec, 90 yds and 1 TD.

DST

--------

Browns - $5000 - vs BAL: Baltimore looked like an average offense against Denver last week. The Browns have a better defense than Denver and they won't completely blow them out so there is less a chance of your garbage time point type of situations.

Top of my value chart. I stacked Palmer with Fitz and Roberts in a big tournament. Cam has nice upside this week. Backups like Henne have value H2H

QB

Palmer, Carson

Pryor, Terrelle

Henne, Chad

Rodgers, Aaron

Newton, Cam

Public is down on Ridley. Bush is great value again.

RB

Bush, Reggie

Murray, DeMarco

Ridley, Stevan

McFadden, Darren

Blount, LeGarrette

Jackson, Steven

Forte, Matt

Sproles, Darren

McCoy, LeSean

Top 3 are really cheap. I don't like to pay for stud WRs. I have one lineup with Bmarsh/Fitz/Roberts where I stacked with Palmer. I also stacked Smith/Olsen with Cam.

WR

Roberts, Andre

Jackson, DeSean

Edelman, Julian

Smith, Steve

Wayne, Reggie

Colston, Marques

Fitzgerald,Larry

Jimmy, JT or Celek for me this week aside from stacking with Olsen. I also like gamble on Eifert.

TE

Graham, Garrett

Thomas, Julius

Cook, Jared

Olsen, Greg

Witten, Jason

Celek, Brent

Graham, Jimmy

Myers, Brandon

Reed, Jordan

Finley, Jermichael

Eifert, Tyler
Seabas is 5k for kickers.

I agree with Roberts as a nice value. I have him paired with DJax as another value, and spent the bucks for Demaryius.

Didnt see a lot of value at RB, but I think Lacy is a relative value, and Joique Bell is a big value (but passed on the Joiqer for Lacy)

Agree with the Andre Roberts comments, he's worked his way into all my Fan Duel lineups.

Sunday only lineup I'm probably not changing:

• QB Peyton Manning$9,800DEN@NYG✗
  • RB LeSean McCoy$8,600SD@PHI✗
  • RB Doug Martin$9,100NO@TB✗
  • WR DeSean Jackson$5,700SD@PHI✗
  • WR Andre Roberts$5,100DET@ARI✗
  • WR Pierre Garcon$6,600WAS@GB✗
  • TE Brent Celek$4,500SD@PHI✗
  • K Dan Bailey$5,000DAL@KC✗
  • D Chicago Bears$5,500MIN@CHI✗
I almost stacked Vick with the Eagles who all seem like values to me, but wth, I can afford Peyton.

Expert lineup in a few leagues:

• QB Philip Rivers$6,900SD@PHI✗
  • RB Trent Richardson$8,200CLE@BAL✗
  • WR Malcom Floyd$5,200SD@PHI✗
  • K Matt Bryant$5,300STL@ATL✗
Couple Chargers who I think get in a shootout vs Chip Kelly. I thought Rivers looked born again vs a tough Houston D and Floyd is sneaky healthy. If Richardson bites me again, so be it. I can believe they're that dumb, but they do have to prove it to me.

Standard 60k:

• QB Michael Vick$8,100SD@PHI✗
  • RB Trent Richardson$8,200CLE@BAL✗
  • WR A.J. Green$8,600PIT@CIN✗
  • K Garrett Hartley$5,500NO@TB✗
Variation on a theme...

Rolling with a combo of these players this week.

D Houston Texans 0 0 TEN@HOU $5,500 D Oakland Raiders 0 0 JAC@OAK $5,200 K Randy Bullock 8 1 TEN@HOU $5,100 K Greg Zuerlein 14 1 STL@ATL $5,000 K Dan Bailey 13 1 DAL@KC $5,000 QB Matt Ryan 20.4 1 STL@ATL $8,900 QB Michael Vick 25.5 1 SD@PHI $8,100 QB Carson Palmer 27.7 1 DET@ARI $6,900 RB Ray Rice 21.1 1 CLE@BAL $8,700 RB LeSean McCoy 25.4 1 SD@PHI $8,600 RB Matt Forte 17.1 1 MIN@CHI $8,300 RB Trent Richardson 8.7 1 CLE@BAL $8,200 RB Eddie Lacy 11.7 1 WAS@GB $6,900 RB Darren Sproles 14 1 NO@TB $6,700 RB Daryl Richardson 12.1 1 STL@ATL $6,400 TE Jordan Cameron 21.3 1 CLE@BAL $6,300 TE Brandon Myers 16.1 1 DEN@NYG $5,000 TE Brent Celek 12.6 1 SD@PHI $4,500 WR Calvin Johnson 6.8 1 DET@ARI $8,800 WR A.J. Green 36.5 1 PIT@CIN $8,600 WR Brandon Marshall 20.2 1 MIN@CHI $8,400 WR Dez Bryant 3.7 1 DAL@KC $8,300 WR Marques Colston 15.3 1 NO@TB $6,700 WR Hakeem Nicks 13.9 1 DEN@NYG $6,700 WR Pierre Garcon 10.8 1 WAS@GB $6,600 WR Cecil Shorts 5.1 1 JAC@OAK $6,300 WR DeSean Jackson 19.2 1 SD@PHI $5,700 WR Golden Tate 14 1 SF@SEA $5,100 WR Marlon Brown 14.5 1 CLE@BAL $4,800 WR Rueben Randle 12.6 1 DEN@NYG $4,800

I see guys like condia create hundreds of contests - is there an easy way to do that quickly somewhere on the site?
Once you finish your entry there's a option to repeat the same entry. The import lineup option also helps. I usually make two value lineups for h2h and 50/50 and two upside lineups for tournaments. Once you entered a lineup once it's already saved, you can just import it.

I see guys like condia create hundreds of contests - is there an easy way to do that quickly somewhere on the site?
Click the create head to head league button on top of the home page. Follow instructions. Emge is an FBG with a ton of them.
Right, I know how to create one at a time, I want to know if there's an easy way to quickly create hundreds of them. Even the "Duplicate Entry" option mentioned above seems like it would take a really long time. I'm looking for somewhere to create, say, a $5 head to head contest and just enter "Quantity = 100" or whatever.

Questions from a newbie:

1. For each category of game (65k, 60k, 55k) you play each week, do you guys pick a lineup and use that for every contest you do? Or do you switch it up a bit?

2. For 50/50s do you usually use a 'value' based approach (trying to find guys you think are undervalued)? While for tournaments you try to find the most upside?

Another question:

1. Do you guys like to spend big on a certain position? Better to have STUD RBs or STUD WRs and then find value at other positions?

Another question:

1. Do you guys like to spend big on a certain position? Better to have STUD RBs or STUD WRs and then find value at other positions?
Find value then get your studs. If you see Lamar Miller and Ahmad Bradshaw as great value, then you'll have stud WRs. If you like Andre Roberts and Golden Tate, your RBs will be studs.

Questions from a newbie:

1. For each category of game (65k, 60k, 55k) you play each week, do you guys pick a lineup and use that for every contest you do? Or do you switch it up a bit?

2. For 50/50s do you usually use a 'value' based approach (trying to find guys you think are undervalued)? While for tournaments you try to find the most upside?
1. I settle on a core group and vary the non-core players to fit best bang for projections and the different formats. I might have 10 lineups in 30 games, but a couple three four players in almost every lineup. I might have 10% (3 of 30) completely different lineups, where I switch things up as a sort of insurance against the core being horrible. My highest score last week was one of the completely different lineups. Oof.

2. I play very few of both, but it seems smart to seek sure things in the 50-50s and swing for the fences in the big tourneys. My big tourney lineups are amusing, but one of these days...

Users who are viewing this thread