What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

I will not be buying into Royal, even at 4500. Well, I may just throw him in a few as a fluffer in order to get some other coveted players but I'm not a stars and scrubs kind of guy for daily.

I guess I need to change up my lineups or live with high variance. Last year I went 18-2 the few weeks I played, with the losses being tournaments. Played the same lineups in all leagues.

I just went 0-10 this week, had a couple guys overtake me Mon night. Cook vrs Thomas was the difference I flip flopped on him and it cost me 7 wins.

Liking the low cost QBs this week also. Manuel left points on the board last week, and the line is holding up VERY well giving him time. Woods and Stevie can get open and he missed seeing Grahm open deep a few times.

J.Bell has a pretty low salary and going against WAS. I'm thinking of starting him in a Thursday contest before we have all the info on Bush. If Bush is ruled out I'm sure he will find his way onto many Sunday game rosters, but maybe not too many on Thursday. Would be an advantage if Bush doesn't play, still a chance to score even if Bush plays. Full disclosure: I'm new to fan fuel this year and I'm playing the micro stakes:-)

Without giving away too much, I think Bell and Miles Austin will be in more than half my lineups. Austin at 6k going against a Rams pass D that has been giving peanut butter sandwiches to children sounds nice. Bell is a top 10 guy for me this week if Bush is out and he's had a top 25 price.

My lineup this week:

QB: T. Pryor
RB: L. Mccoy
RB: M. Lynch
WR: D. Thomas
WR: E. Decker
WR: E. Royal
TE: J. Thomas
K: Gould
D: Seahawks

My lineup this week:

was leaning mccoy as well but dont like the matchup. went with forte and gonzo due to mia being terrible against te's

VA703 said:
Run It Up said:
My lineup this week:

was leaning mccoy as well but dont like the matchup. went with forte and gonzo due to mia being terrible against te's
I usually avoid thursday night players aswell, I was originally planning on rolling out Rivers and Forte over Pryor and Mccoy.

Here's a winner, men.

Aaron Rodgers
GB v WAS
RBAdrian Peterson
MIN @ CHI
RBMatt Forte
CHI v MIN
WRT.Y. Hilton
IND v MIA
WRRandall Cobb
GB v WAS
WRPierre Garcon
WAS @ GB
TEVernon Davis
SF @ SEA
KSebastian Janikowski
OAK v JAC
DAtlanta Falcons
ATL v STL
Alright guys, no COMPLETE free winning rosters this week. But I'll give you a few players you should have on most if not all of your teams this week.

Btw- Last week, I ended up swapping out AD for J.Bell and Downgraded from cobb to Djax, so I could roster Graham last minute. So yea, it still worked out quite well. Not that you guys care about the extra steaks in my freezer. A win's a win is a win after all.

ANYWAY...

Must own Numero Uno.

Vincent Jackson@ NE ($7900)- NOBODY...not Talib..or any of the other ham and egger db's in the Pats secondary are gonna have an answer for this guy. During their joint practices he abused NE's corners. He is going to torch them. Thank me later.

My second must own guy of the week is a much more obvious play (to some). Come Sunday he'll be in about 80% of leagues, so grab him in Thurs contests if possible.

Joique "the clown" @ Wash ($6500) - Bush isn't playing. And if he does, Bell is gonna shoulder the heavy lifting. This dude is out to get his this season and this is his shot to really force a true comitte. Jump on board. Washington is a sieve against the run so far. And Bell is the real deal.

Golden Tate @ home vs. Jags ($5100) - Been waiting a couple of weeks now to see him step up to the plate. This week he's gonna reel in a score against the hapless Jags. Actually, everyone for Seattle could score in this game, even the water boy. But I like Wilson to get Tate involved early and often in this game. It's a GREAT chance to jumpstart him. I don't think they will pass it up.

Also... if you're a betting man, take the under on this one.

That's all for now, men. Good luck.

Now with the news of Richardson to Indy does the Viking's Defense become the one to own over Seattle? Do you have to start Royal at 4500?

I've seen three condia entries for this week:

Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

Seattle Seahawks
Jake Locker

Marshawn Lynch

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Andre Roberts

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks

Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

Seattle Seahawks
Jake Locker

Marshawn Lynch

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Andre Roberts

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Add this one from Condia in a H to H contest:

P. Manning

Lynch

J. Rodgers

Cruz

Edelman

E. Sanders

Gates

Walsh

Seahawks

So in four entries, conida used:

Code:
Antonio Gates       	4Julian Edelman      	4Seattle Seahawks    	4Victor Cruz         	4Blair Walsh         	3Marshawn Lynch      	3Adrian Peterson     	2Emmanuel Sanders    	2Geno Smith          	2LeSean McCoy        	2Andre Roberts       	1Jacquizz Rodgers    	1Jake Locker         	1Peyton Manning      	1Stephen Gostkowski  	1Steve Smith         	1

I entered some Thursday kickoff stuff to see who was most common... Marrakesh Lynch, Edelman, and Seattle d are everywhere.

I am actually going to make a little money this week in spite of running Luck, Eli, Pryor or Weedon at QB on all my rosters and it was tournaments that saved the week. I got killed in tourneys last week and planned on avoiding them completely this week.

But after looking a little deeper, some of the tournaments have great odds. The $10 Baseballguys tournament that was posted earlier in this thread ended up with 59 entries and a $1k prize pool. I found another one that was $10 entry for 100 people, top 50 get $20 back, basically a 50/50 with zero rake and was listed as a tournament. I find it worth the time to look around for value in the tourneys.
How do you find these tourneys?
I found one from a link posted in this thread, the rest I just kept looking at the tournaments page for anything with a name. For example, "BrunoBoys week 2 double up" was a $10 50/50 with no rake.

No Calvin? Understand the price is high, but best WR coming off a rough game vs the worst pass D in the league?

My lineups thus far $60K

QB Tony Romo
DAL v STL
RB Marshawn Lynch
SEA v JAC
RB Joique Bell
DET @ WAS
WR Vincent Jackson
TB @ NE
WR Eric Decker
DEN v OAK
WR Eddie Royal
SD @ TEN
TE Jimmy Graham
NO v ARI
K Dan Bailey
DAL v STL
D Seattle Seahawks
SEA v JAC

QB Philip Rivers
SD @ TEN
RB Marshawn Lynch
SEA v JAC
RB Joique Bell
DET @ WAS
WR Calvin Johnson
DET @ WAS
WR Pierre Garcon
WAS v DET
WR Eddie Royal
SD @ TEN
TE Jason Witten
DAL v STL
K Steven Hauschka
SEA v JAC
D Seattle Seahawks
SEA v JAC
QB Tony Romo
DAL v STL
RB Marshawn Lynch
SEA v JAC
RB Joique Bell
DET @ WAS
WR Vincent Jackson
TB @ NE
WR Eddie Royal
SD @ TEN
WR Andre Johnson
HOU @ BAL
TE Jason Witten
DAL v STL
K Garrett Hartley
NO v ARI
D Seattle Seahawks
SEA v JAC
I had edelman and romo in lineup number 2 instead of garçon and rivers but i'm a bit worried about Revis. I like Romo and Witten this week. I think until Royals price goes up you have to go with him given the number of targets he is getting. I feel like many teams will have lynch and Sea Defence on them this week. I like Decker at his price and hoping he finds the end zone this weekend.

No Calvin? Understand the price is high, but best WR coming off a rough game vs the worst pass D in the league?
I have him on ALL of my rosters this week. He seemed to be about 15% owned typically.

Eddleman draws Revis this week. I don't think he's a good play, despite the apparent concensus.

Liking the low cost QBs this week also. Manuel left points on the board last week, and the line is holding up VERY well giving him time. Woods and Stevie can get open and he missed seeing Grahm open deep a few times.
Im not sure if you play 50/50's or H2H, but value QBs to me just seem like risky business in either type of format. Look at Pryor last week. I thought even Eli was a value last week, didnt even get 15pts. I guess Rivers could be a value, but Im still struggling to believe he is back to this level until I see it a couple more weeks. Im having trouble considering going worse than Stafford this week, or RG3 who is going against him in what should be a shootout (or RG3 once again in catch up mode.

FWIW, in the 50/50 I did yesterday I went with Kaepernick who I think will have a huge game vs Indy after last week's shellshock @ SEA. Only 1 of the other 50 people have Kaep as well. Only 1 person has Peyton, only 1 person has Brees (and 0 have Rodgers :confused: ). I say, advantage us 4 duelers.

J.Bell has a pretty low salary and going against WAS. I'm thinking of starting him in a Thursday contest before we have all the info on Bush. If Bush is ruled out I'm sure he will find his way onto many Sunday game rosters, but maybe not too many on Thursday. Would be an advantage if Bush doesn't play, still a chance to score even if Bush plays. Full disclosure: I'm new to fan fuel this year and I'm playing the micro stakes:-)
This is what I did yesterday. He ended up being 24% owned in a 50 person 50/50 which is higher than I expected getting in early, but I bet its considerably higher come Sunday.

Now with the news of Richardson to Indy does the Viking's Defense become the one to own over Seattle? Do you have to start Royal at 4500?
Im definitely going for MIN in whatever lineup I go with on Sunday. I dont mind putting in Royal this week if I need someone that cheap as my final player.

So in four entries, conida used:

Antonio Gates 4Julian Edelman 4Seattle Seahawks 4Victor Cruz 4Blair Walsh 3Marshawn Lynch 3Adrian Peterson 2Emmanuel Sanders 2Geno Smith 2LeSean McCoy 2Andre Roberts 1Jacquizz Rodgers 1Jake Locker 1Peyton Manning 1Stephen Gostkowski 1Steve Smith 1
So I assume youre going H2H with him in the 3 you initially posted?

Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

Seattle Seahawks
Jake Locker

Marshawn Lynch

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Andre Roberts

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Why do we care about this guys lineup? Serious question Im not busting your chops. There must be a reason.

Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

Seattle Seahawks
Jake Locker

Marshawn Lynch

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Andre Roberts

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Why do we care about this guys lineup? Serious question Im not busting your chops. There must be a reason.
Im assuming because that guy has a ####load of wins, but then again, you cant see the losses.

Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

Seattle Seahawks
Jake Locker

Marshawn Lynch

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Andre Roberts

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
How are you able to view lineups of opponents before kickoff?

Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Emmanuel Sanders

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

Seattle Seahawks
Jake Locker

Marshawn Lynch

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
Geno Smith

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Victor Cruz

Julian Edelman

Andre Roberts

Antonio Gates

Blair Walsh

Seattle Seahawks
How are you able to view lineups of opponents before kickoff?
From his Thursday entries.

On mobile so I'm not going to try to quote a bunch of replies but to answer a few of the above questions:

I'm going H2H against condia in one contest, I'm in a 50 person 50/50 with him, and the third entry was a link I happened to see someone post in the Fanduel chat window.

They're all contests that started Thursday night, obviously, which is how we're able to see the opponents' lineups.

I'm interested because condia has own tens of thousands of contests in the past 3 years or whatever it's been. I'm sure he's lost thousands upon thousands as well, obviously, but presumably he's doing well enough that he is profitable. So I'm interested in his roster strategies. Only seeing four out of his hundreds of entries isn't nearly enough but it's a glimpse at what he's doing.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of the information posted. I just started playing weekly fantasy this year and appreciate any help. It's very cool to see the pooling of information in such a competitive enviroment!

The idea of getting any return on an enjoyable hobby is wonderful, especially now with the wife and I trying to have a baby :)

All in again. $84 spread over 11 contests. Two $25 ones ( one à 50/50 and the other a 5 team league where top 3 get paid.,) rest are $1 or $5, various formats.

In the interest of sharing I wanted to post up some of my lineups. This is my first season so take it for what it's worth.

Week 1, I was a complete noob and shotgunned all kinds of tournaments, but did luck out on one Super Q FFC entry. Most likely that will have no return value, however. My Doubles and 50/50's won enough for me to continue into week 2.

Week 2, I was more disciplined and played Doubles and 50/50's, with 25% going into tournaments - which I whiffed on all but one which provided a very mediocre prize.

Week 3, I've done almost all Double and 50/50's, with a few 3 person leagues, and have only put about 5% into long odd tournaments. Maybe I'm learning :)

I targeted 3 games on the schedule: Oak at Den, Det at Was, and NYG at Car. Logic: Denver should do very well at home - travel, altitude, Peyton. Was has a horrible pass defense, and Stafford loves to toss the ball. Carolina has like 3 starting secondary players out and the Giants are not running much with the whole Wilson fumble issue. I'm trying 3 base lineups, and then switch around value players, kickers and defenses, just due to the randomness in those components.

Lineup 1:

QB Eli Manning
NYG @ CAR
RB Marshawn Lynch
SEA v JAC
RB Joique Bell
DET @ WAS
WR Victor Cruz
NYG @ CAR
WR Wes Welker
DEN v OAK
WR Randall Cobb
GB @ CIN
TE Charles Clay
MIA v ATL
K Garrett Hartley
NO v ARI
D Minnesota Vikings
MIN v CLE
Lineup 2:

QB Matthew Stafford
DET @ WAS
RB Marshawn Lynch
SEA v JAC
RB Joique Bell
DET @ WAS
WR Calvin Johnson
DET @ WAS
WR Wes Welker
DEN v OAK
WR Eddie Royal
SD @ TEN
TE Charles Clay
MIA v ATL
K Nick Novak
SD @ TEN
D Seattle Seahawks
SEA v JAC
Lineup 3:

QB Peyton Manning
DEN v OAK
RB Marshawn Lynch
SEA v JAC
RB Joique Bell
DET @ WAS
WR A.J. Green
CIN v GB
WR Wes Welker
DEN v OAK
WR Eddie Royal
SD @ TEN
TE Charles Clay
MIA v ATL
K Nick Novak
SD @ TEN
D Minnesota Vikings
MIN v CLE
Again, I'm pretty new and looking for any constructive criticism, suggestions, tips, good jokes, etc :)

This is what I did yesterday. He ended up being 24% owned in a 50 person 50/50 which is higher than I expected getting in early, but I bet its considerably higher come Sunday.
Where you can see stats like that in the 50/50 leagues?

On mobile so I'm not going to try to quote a bunch of replies but to answer a few of the above questions:

I'm going H2H against condia in one contest, I'm in a 50 person 50/50 with him, and the third entry was a link I happened to see someone post in the Fanduel chat window.

They're all contests that started Thursday night, obviously, which is how we're able to see the opponents' lineups.

I'm interested because condia has own tens of thousands of contests in the past 3 years or whatever it's been. I'm sure he's lost thousands upon thousands as well, obviously, but presumably he's doing well enough that he is profitable. So I'm interested in his roster strategies. Only seeing four out of his hundreds of entries isn't nearly enough but it's a glimpse at what he's doing.
I AM Condia. PM me for deets.

Lol, seriously? Would love to hear a bit about how you built your bank roll and what your strategies are.

Typically I avoid people with as many wins as you, except this week where I too was curious about what you're doing. How much do you have in play each week?

I was assuming he was joking. If I'm mistaken I really would be interested in talking to him. I do risk modeling for a living and am interested in how people apply those concepts to something like Fanduel.

HULK, I saw you say you're taking an all in approach the past couple of weeks. I'm doing the same, I started the year with $145 in my account despite never taking it seriously (I really only put money in for the free FBG subscriptions the past two years). I decided last week that I'd try to actually develop a strategy to turn this money into more money.

I made the mistake of having T Pryor at QB in too many entries last week, and ended up losing about $20 overall. So this week I started with ~$125, which I spread across ~60 $2 contests, only 2 of which started on Thursday (just because I was curious to see what condia was doing). I'm waiting until later tonight or tomorrow morning to really figure out how I'm going to diversify my lineups.

Users who are viewing this thread