What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (2 Viewers)

Just played Fanduel for the first time last week and have another two leagues going this week. All 4 contests I have entered have been at Expert level ($55k). Is that what the majority of you guys play? Some people posting their lineups in this thread obviously do not.

Just trying to get a feel for the masses.

Here is my 60k team for week 2. All of my contests are locked up so I will share my winning entry.

QB: Rodgers- Will throw for 350 yards and 4 td's against a young Washington secondary. No receiver will get more than 1 td so they will be solid, but not huge (No receiver from GB is on my team). Oh yeah...Rodgers punches one in one the ground as well.

RB: Forte- Back to back weeks for a RB to torch the Minnesota defense. He will run for 120 yards and get another 80 yards through the air on 5 catches. 3 total touchdowns.

RB: D. Williams- Buffalo turns the ball over 3 times in the first half which allows Carolina to build a lead. Williams benefits from this as they put a saddle on him and ride to victory. Williams play reminds everyone of his pre-injury glory days...he puts up 140 rushing yards with 4 receptions for another 40 yards. 2 total touchdowns is a given.

WR: DeSean Jackson- A. Johnson punished SD last week....this week it is Jackson's turn. Only difference is he will score twice to go along with 130 yards receiving on 8 catches.

WR: Vincent Jackson- Coming off a great week 1, Jackson puts up another monster against a banged up NO secondary. 180 yards on 10 catches with 2 touchdowns is a conservative estimate. Freeman is forgiven for missing the team picture.

WR: Welker- Makes Brady cry himself to sleep because he misses him so much. Welker catches 10 passes for 95 yards to go with his 3 touchdowns. Peyton thanks New England for letting Welker walk in his post game press conference. Brady cries again and Gisele tells him to stop being a #####.

TE: Myers- Little brother tries do do his best Peyton impersonation and throws until his arm falls off. Myers is this week's TE stud of the week. Denver is focuses their defense on Nicks and Cruz, which leaves Myers open all day long over the middle. 120 yards on 8 catches to go with his 2 touchdowns....the second one is on the final drive of the game for the game winner.

K: Zuerlien- Greg the leg kicks four field goals in the Atlanta dome. Not a super bold prediction, but three of them come from 50 yards out. He also kicks 2 extra points.

DEF: Carolina Panthers- This shouldn't be a surprise from my earlier statement about DeAngelo's game prediction. The Panthers pick off Manuel twice in the first half and recover a Spiller fumble. They take both Manuel picks to the house. EJ is seen talking to himself while rocking back and forth in his locker after the game.

Feel free to send me a cut from your winnings when you ride this team to victory.....and good luck everyone. Hopefully your team puts up a monster score.

Okay, my entire bankroll is at risk this week. $110 dollars spread across ten games (2 contests, 2 50/50s, 5 h2h).

Lol. Didn't plan on it, but once I noticed I could see how many nfl wins an opponent had, I kept signing up for head to heads against people win no wins.

I have most of my small roll in with Pryor and Bradshaw as the value plays in the $55m leagues. Having second thoughts now....

Okay, my entire bankroll is at risk this week. $110 dollars spread across ten games (2 contests, 2 50/50s, 5 h2h).

Lol. Didn't plan on it, but once I noticed I could see how many nfl wins an opponent had, I kept signing up for head to heads against people win no wins.
Lol. Sounds like a plan to me. I'm following along now. All in!

Here's a winner, men.

Aaron Rodgers
GB v WAS
RBAdrian Peterson
MIN @ CHI
RBMatt Forte
CHI v MIN
WRT.Y. Hilton
IND v MIA
WRRandall Cobb
GB v WAS
WRPierre Garcon
WAS @ GB
TEVernon Davis
SF @ SEA
KSebastian Janikowski
OAK v JAC
DAtlanta Falcons
ATL v STL

I'm not finding no freerolls. I'm no big spender. I only do freerolls, and only take out maybe $40 a season.

All the freerolls I see require deposit. I'm no gambler, degenerate or otherwise.

I need me some freeroll!

Pantherz said:
(HULK) said:

So we going all in this week? :hifive:

Pantherz said:
(HULK) said:

So we going all in this week? :hifive:
Current Bankroll= 80 cent. All in!

(HULK) said:

No more hot tips for you, sir.

Carver said:
Here's a winner, men.

Aaron Rodgers
GB v WAS
RBAdrian Peterson
MIN @ CHI
RBMatt Forte
CHI v MIN
WRT.Y. Hilton
IND v MIA
WRRandall Cobb
GB v WAS
WRPierre Garcon
WAS @ GB
TEVernon Davis
SF @ SEA
KSebastian Janikowski
OAK v JAC
DAtlanta Falcons
ATL v STL
Good to see you back. I'm using it and holding you responsible, pal.

Entered into 6 FFFC Qualifiers ($10) and 4 $5K Sun Snaps and 1 freeroll.

Last season I came in 2nd place in one of the FFFC weekly qualifiers, 8 points behind the winner that week! So close but yet so far! I have a good feeling about this week!

I'm taking Garcon out of the lineups he's in. I don't like the rain. I'll wait a week for he and RG3 to build more chemistry. There are other good values out there for 6200.

I'm taking Garcon out of the lineups he's in. I don't like the rain. I'll wait a week for he and RG3 to build more chemistry. There are other good values out there for 6200.
I think you may regret this move come 4:00 EST.
It's supposed to be really bad all day. Plus the news from practice that Wash was devoting a ton of time trying different running plays hints that they are expecting to try to run to keep the ball away from GB. There may be a need to throw but Garcon only got 3 targets in the second half last week when Wash threw the ball almost 30 times. I'm going to take all of that into consideration and give the Rg3 / Garcon connection another week for the two to work together in an effective way.

It's supposed to be really bad all day. Plus the news from practice that Wash was devoting a ton of time trying different running plays hints that they are expecting to try to run to keep the ball away from GB. There may be a need to throw but Garcon only got 3 targets in the second half last week when Wash threw the ball almost 30 times. I'm going to take all of that into consideration and give the Rg3 / Garcon connection another week for the two to work together in an effective way.
Fair enough. Obviously, neither of us can predict the future but I have RG3 and Garcon going in several FD teams and I'm not worried about the rain. Hopefully we are both right! Good luck.

GB is my value Defense

GB is my value Defense
I selected Carolina in all 11 of my FD teams. At $5100 going against a rookie QB with the best front 7 in the NFL. I'll take them odds!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my $60k team today......

QB Michael Vick
PHI v SD
RB Doug Martin
TB v NO
RB Darren Sproles
NO @ TB
WR DeSean Jackson
PHI v SD
WR Anquan Boldin
SF @ SEA
WR Wes Welker
DEN @ NYG
TE Jordan Cameron
CLE @ BAL
K Greg Zuerlein
STL @ ATL
D Baltimore Ravens
BAL v CLE

My two main lineups

Pryor

Mccoy

Forte

Cruz

Wayne

D. Jackson

J. Cook

G. Zuerlein

Panthers D

Vick

Forte

Bush

Welker

Cruz

D. Jackson

Celek

G. Zuerlein

Bears

Ignoramus said:
Thanks much. Got back to my PC a few minutes too late to know whether they'd been valid before cutoff time. D'Ohh!!

I'll try not to be so late to the game next week.

Here is my 60k team for week 2. All of my contests are locked up so I will share my winning entry.

QB: Rodgers- Will throw for 350 yards and 4 td's against a young Washington secondary. No receiver will get more than 1 td so they will be solid, but not huge (No receiver from GB is on my team). Oh yeah...Rodgers punches one in one the ground as well.

RB: Forte- Back to back weeks for a RB to torch the Minnesota defense. He will run for 120 yards and get another 80 yards through the air on 5 catches. 3 total touchdowns.

RB: D. Williams- Buffalo turns the ball over 3 times in the first half which allows Carolina to build a lead. Williams benefits from this as they put a saddle on him and ride to victory. Williams play reminds everyone of his pre-injury glory days...he puts up 140 rushing yards with 4 receptions for another 40 yards. 2 total touchdowns is a given.

WR: DeSean Jackson- A. Johnson punished SD last week....this week it is Jackson's turn. Only difference is he will score twice to go along with 130 yards receiving on 8 catches.

WR: Vincent Jackson- Coming off a great week 1, Jackson puts up another monster against a banged up NO secondary. 180 yards on 10 catches with 2 touchdowns is a conservative estimate. Freeman is forgiven for missing the team picture.

WR: Welker- Makes Brady cry himself to sleep because he misses him so much. Welker catches 10 passes for 95 yards to go with his 3 touchdowns. Peyton thanks New England for letting Welker walk in his post game press conference. Brady cries again and Gisele tells him to stop being a #####.

TE: Myers- Little brother tries do do his best Peyton impersonation and throws until his arm falls off. Myers is this week's TE stud of the week. Denver is focuses their defense on Nicks and Cruz, which leaves Myers open all day long over the middle. 120 yards on 8 catches to go with his 2 touchdowns....the second one is on the final drive of the game for the game winner.

K: Zuerlien- Greg the leg kicks four field goals in the Atlanta dome. Not a super bold prediction, but three of them come from 50 yards out. He also kicks 2 extra points.

DEF: Carolina Panthers- This shouldn't be a surprise from my earlier statement about DeAngelo's game prediction. The Panthers pick off Manuel twice in the first half and recover a Spiller fumble. They take both Manuel picks to the house. EJ is seen talking to himself while rocking back and forth in his locker after the game.

Feel free to send me a cut from your winnings when you ride this team to victory.....and good luck everyone. Hopefully your team puts up a monster score.
Well...I may have been a little off on my projections :shrug: Hahaha....still winning most of my head to head contests....and starting to gain ground in my big tournaments. I may just sneak into some money there.....I need V. Jackson to have a huge second half.

Looks like I turned my $110 into $81. Lol. Although if Cincy D blows up or Muscle Hampster breaks long td, it could be more.

I love my $60k team today......

QBMichael Vick
PHI v SD
RBDoug Martin
TB v NO
RBDarren Sproles
NO @ TB
WRDeSean Jackson
PHI v SD
WRAnquan Boldin
SF @ SEA
WRWes Welker
DEN @ NYG
TEJordan Cameron
CLE @ BAL
KGreg Zuerlein
STL @ ATL
DBaltimore Ravens
BAL v CLE
I put up 128 points and I still have Boldin to go....

Nice day!

Carver said:
Here's a winner, men.

Aaron Rodgers

GB v WAS

RB

Adrian Peterson

MIN @ CHI

RB

Matt Forte

CHI v MIN

WR

T.Y. Hilton

IND v MIA

WR

Randall Cobb

GB v WAS

WR

Pierre Garcon

WAS @ GB

TE

Vernon Davis

SF @ SEA

K

Sebastian Janikowski

OAK v JAC

D

Atlanta Falcons

ATL v STL
Good to see you back. I'm using it and holding you responsible, pal.
Winner winner chicken dinner

Got hammered this week...had Lacy in just about every line up. Damn the luck.
Looks like I'll win 1 of the 3 50/50 leagues I did. Lacy basically prevented me from placing in all 3. He was definitely in for a big day had he not got hurt on his first damn carry :rant:

Looking at DD's entries in the FBGs Fan Duel contest I suspect he is going to have a better week. All five of his entries should end up between 130-150, that will win most H2H and 50/50s which seems to be his focus.

Analysis of H2H vs 50/50 cut lines headed into Monday night (most teams have at most 1 guy left, if not none):

$25 H2H against a guy with no NFL wins (but a TON of baseball and basketball wins): 154.7 (Hulk's score 126.68 :( )

$10 H2H against a guy with no wins ever: 104.52 (Hulk's score 135.98 :) )

$5 H2H against a guy with 2 NFL wins: 93.88 (Hulk's score 128.08 :) )

$5 H2H against a guy with no wins ever: 117.04 (Hulk's score 137.04 :) )

$5 H2H against a guy with 1 NFL win: 117.24 (Hulk's score 109.08 :( )

$25 50/50 Expert 20 Player League: 10th place has 115.68 (Hulk's score 98.54 :( )

$25 50/50 20 Player League: 10th place has 118.4 (Hulk's score 134.98 :) )

$10 Triple Up 100 Player League: 30th place has 129.02 (Hulk's score 111.48 + Cincy :hope? :)

Thoughts... Obviously H2H creates more variance. 120+ would mean you're good in most 50/50s this week, but I still lost a H2H match with a better score than that. Anyone else do any triple ups? Is 130 the target score to finish in the money typically? I'm pretty confident I can beat 120 more times than not. Might just stick to 50/50s moving forward. Or lower level H2H matchups against noobs. Going all in again next week because why not?

Best I've done so far

2kellysheroes01
kellysheroes010 Quarters remaining

Score 139.3
QB
Aaron Rodgers
WAS 20 @ GB 38 FINAL
  • -3 RuY
  • 480 PaY
  • 4 PaTD
$9400
30% owned
RB
LeSean McCoy
SD 33 @ PHI 30 FINAL
  • 53 RuY
  • 5 Re
  • 114 ReY
$8600
60% owned
RB
Stevan Ridley
NYJ 10 @ NE 13 FINAL
  • 40 RuY
$6800
20% owned
WR
DeSean Jackson
SD 33 @ PHI 30 FINAL
  • 9 Re
  • 193 ReY
  • 1 ReTD
$5700
20% owned
WR
Andre Johnson
TEN 24 @ HOU 30 FINAL
  • 8 Re
  • 76 ReY
$7400
20% owned
WR
Wes Welker
DEN 41 @ NYG 23 FINAL
  • 3 Re
  • 39 ReY
  • 1 ReTD
$6900
30% owned
TE
Brandon Myers
DEN 41 @ NYG 23 FINAL
  • 6 Re
  • 74 ReY
$5000
10% owned
K
Greg Zuerlein
STL 24 @ ATL 31 FINAL
  • 1 FGu30
  • 3 XP
$5000
30% owned
D
Baltimore Ravens
CLE 6 @ BAL 14 FINAL
  • 5 S
  • 1 PA1-6
$5200
10% owned

Bad week for me, 3-7.

1-1 Heads up

0-2 Tournaments

2-4 50/50

Andre Roberts was open for a TD late against Det and the defender interfered with him in the end zone. He catchs that, I win 4 more :(

It is that close sometimes (when you start Cook)

Going to bow out of Tournaments, they bring my win% way down.

Bad week for me, 3-7.

1-1 Heads up

0-2 Tournaments

2-4 50/50

Andre Roberts was open for a TD late against Det and the defender interfered with him in the end zone. He catchs that, I win 4 more :(

I'm 0-3 in tournaments. I'll be sticking to just the $1 ones or freerolls, unless I feel I have a super sleeper up my sleeve.

Did fanduel for the first time:

$5K Snap $60k Tournament $2 entry won $20

$3K Dive $60k Tournament $1 entry won $12

$15K Rush $60k Tournament $5 entry won $50

I am actually going to make a little money this week in spite of running Luck, Eli, Pryor or Weedon at QB on all my rosters and it was tournaments that saved the week. I got killed in tourneys last week and planned on avoiding them completely this week.

But after looking a little deeper, some of the tournaments have great odds. The $10 Baseballguys tournament that was posted earlier in this thread ended up with 59 entries and a $1k prize pool. I found another one that was $10 entry for 100 people, top 50 get $20 back, basically a 50/50 with zero rake and was listed as a tournament. I find it worth the time to look around for value in the tourneys.

10/10 with my first $20. played all 50/50s

i like playing the small amount ones seems there are more scrubs

Bad week for me, 3-7.

1-1 Heads up

0-2 Tournaments

2-4 50/50

Same with me. I had both Palmer and Roberts in a lot of my leagues. As it was I went 1-4 in my 50/50's (but 2-0 in H2H). If Roberts catches that TD I would have went 4-1 in the 50/50's.

Wadsworth said:
I am actually going to make a little money this week in spite of running Luck, Eli, Pryor or Weedon at QB on all my rosters and it was tournaments that saved the week. I got killed in tourneys last week and planned on avoiding them completely this week.

But after looking a little deeper, some of the tournaments have great odds. The $10 Baseballguys tournament that was posted earlier in this thread ended up with 59 entries and a $1k prize pool. I found another one that was $10 entry for 100 people, top 50 get $20 back, basically a 50/50 with zero rake and was listed as a tournament. I find it worth the time to look around for value in the tourneys.
How do you find these tourneys?

Wadsworth said:

I found one from a link posted in this thread, the rest I just kept looking at the tournaments page for anything with a name. For example, "BrunoBoys week 2 double up" was a $10 50/50 with no rake.

Wadsworth said:

I found one from a link posted in this thread, the rest I just kept looking at the tournaments page for anything with a name. For example, "BrunoBoys week 2 double up" was a $10 50/50 with no rake.
i'm going to have to do that, btw what are 50/50s?

Pulling Garcon out of my lineup cost me in my 100 dollar league. I'm pretty sure I'll place in my two 25 dollar leagues. Lacy got me too.

Looking at DD's entries in the FBGs Fan Duel contest I suspect he is going to have a better week. All five of his entries should end up between 130-150, that will win most H2H and 50/50s which seems to be his focus.
As I expected, DD up 4k on the week.

Not bad for Dodds after a down week last year. I guess none of it really matters until the last week when he is going all in. I guess he's just building up how much he can win.

Won a handful of $5 leagues with this line-up. Threw away a bunch of points in the 50/50's by going with Cook and swapping a few Julio entries, ugh.

Terelle Pryor - 10.04

Darren McFadden - 15.7

LeSean McCoy - 19.2

DeSean Jackson - 29.2

Wes Welker - 11.4

Julio Jones - 29.7

Jermichael Finley - 15.5

Caleb Sturgis - 8

Oakland Raiders - 9

Total: 148.34

Kinda surprised Phillip Rivers is only 7,500 and Eddie Royal is only 4,500 this week considering the past two offensive outings and TEN not being particularly stout vs Houston. I took the bargain bin on QB's this past weekend because JAX seemed like fair odds on just getting into the fetal position. E.J. Manuel vs. Jets for 6,200 and Stevie Johnson for 6k seem like a solid discount combo as well.

Users who are viewing this thread