What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

Got this going this week with great values

QB

Andy Dalton

CIN @ SD

RB

C.J. Spiller

BUF v ATL

RB

Matt Forte

CHI @ MIN

WR

A.J. Green

CIN @ SD

WR

Keenan Allen

SD v CIN

WR

Kendall Wright

TEN @

TE

Jordan Cameron

CLE v JAC

K

Nick Novak

SD v CIN

D

Buffalo Bills

You can also swap Dalton for Fitzpatrick as well bit Spiller is a insane value against ATL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hulk's Bargin Buys this week: Jordan Reed (assuming he's over the concussion), and Rod Streater (Moore out, Cowboys secondary is worst in the league).

I think I'll be making sure I have 2 stud RBs this week. Don't trust the values. Burned by Tate last week and can't go back there this week imo.

Hulk's Bargin Buys this week: Jordan Reed (assuming he's over the concussion), and Rod Streater (Moore out, Cowboys secondary is worst in the league).

I think I'll be making sure I have 2 stud RBs this week. Don't trust the values. Burned by Tate last week and can't go back there this week imo.
Is Moore definitely out?

BigJohn said:
Are the Thursday-only contests something to avoid?
I generally don't play in contests that only involve a couple of NFL games. I thought it would be fun to have a little extra riding on the games tomorrow, though, so I did enter a handful of contests. Haven't figured out my rosters yet, though.

I've got a little mini-week going for the Thursday games, but there just aren't a ton of options. How do people feel about the following?

QBs - Stafford, Romo, Flynn, McGloin (plus Big Ben and Flacco that I am generally fading)

BigJohn said:
Are the Thursday-only contests something to avoid?
I generally don't play in contests that only involve a couple of NFL games. I thought it would be fun to have a little extra riding on the games tomorrow, though, so I did enter a handful of contests. Haven't figured out my rosters yet, though.
Aside from the issue of so few players, I don't think they are especially "to avoid" in contrast to the normal TNF game. In that case, the players are on a short week compared to everyone else on Sunday. But this week, all 6 teams are playing on a short week, and the Sunday players aren't in the pool, so comparatively no difference.

Is Moore definitely out?
We'll know for sure today. He couldn't practice yesterday, so it looks likely. Game is tomorrow obviously.

Is Moore definitely out?
We'll know for sure today. He couldn't practice yesterday, so it looks likely. Game is tomorrow obviously.
Moore is out as reported from rotoworld.

I know Dodds posts the pt/$ PDF on Saturdays, but is there an easy way to do it ourselves from the data on FBG and grabbing the price from FD or other sites?

I know Dodds posts the pt/$ PDF on Saturdays, but is there an easy way to do it ourselves from the data on FBG and grabbing the price from FD or other sites?
Not sure what you're looking for but it sounds like you just described an easy way to do it yourself. Grab the data from FBG and the prices from FD. Put them together.

Is anyone else rolling with AP everywhere? he's 9.1K but he's playing CHI.
what are general philosophies on a player like this?
It depends on what you are playing. If it's a 50/50 the general rule is to try and get 2 points for every thousand. You have to ask yourself is he a safe bet to get 18 points. For tournaments you need 3 points for every thousand spent. Now we are talking about 27 points from AP. If you are ever going to spend the money on AP I think this is the week. I can see 120 total yards and 1 td pretty easily, so that makes him a safe bet for 50/50's. I can also see him going over 27 fantasy points as well. I think he is a must play this week in any format.

Gobble, Gobble!

In honor of Thanksgiving, I have very good values for you guys....

TE - Jordan Cameron - $5,700

Some of you may not look at $5,700 as much of a "value" sized number, but he's the 6th ranked TE this week and is looking to definitely exceed that ranking. He has a great match up against Jacksonville at home in Cleveland. Weeden is back at QB for the Browns. I agree that Weeden kind of sucks, but he sure does love Mr. Cameron. Cameron was a beast earlier in the season with Weeden at QB and he'll get back on track this week.

WR - Steve Johnson - $5,200

Buffalo is coming off a buy and Johnson is finally healthy. Buffalo is facing the horrible Atlanta defense in a "home" game that will be played in Toronto. Atlanta can be passed on very easily and EJ Manuel is playing better of late (see Week 11's performance against the Jets). At $5,200, Johnson is great value here.

WR - Cordarelle Patterson - $4,500

Minnesota is playing at home against Chicago. Chicago's defense isn't what it used to be and can be scored on. I think Minny will run with AP and then take some shots downfield with CP. Patterson's targets have gone up dramatically the past couple weeks (9 and 11 past two weeks). I really like Patterson to get at least 6 or 7 points this in FanDuel and at $4,500 is a hellavu bargain.

GLA

Draft Kings line up:

QB - Josh McCown

RB- Andre Brown

RB -Marshawn Lynch

WR - Marques Colston

WR - Kendall Wright

TE - Jordan Cameron

FLEX - Fred Jackson

K - Nick Folk

DST - Bills

BigJohn said:
Are the Thursday-only contests something to avoid? I dont hear much talk about them.

Entered this lineup in a few tourneys and double-ups:

Romo

Lacy

R. Jennings

J. Nelson

Streater

Dez

H. Miller

Crosby

DAL
I have Flynn, Bush, Lacy, J.Nelson, Burleson, Streater, Witten, Crosby, Steelers D

I've been busy preparing for people coming to the house today.... I currently have R.Jennings in my lineup but should I start McFadden instead?

Is anyone else rolling with AP everywhere? he's 9.1K but he's playing CHI.
what are general philosophies on a player like this?
It depends on what you are playing. If it's a 50/50 the general rule is to try and get 2 points for every thousand. You have to ask yourself is he a safe bet to get 18 points. For tournaments you need 3 points for every thousand spent. Now we are talking about 27 points from AP. If you are ever going to spend the money on AP I think this is the week. I can see 120 total yards and 1 td pretty easily, so that makes him a safe bet for 50/50's. I can also see him going over 27 fantasy points as well. I think he is a must play this week in any format.
but, that kind of skirts around the issue --- fantasy football reminds me a bit of horses, if there are any horseplayers out there.

a lot of broken down horseplayers out there get caught up in picking winners, and while it's great to pick a winner, I think you're just bull####ting yourself if you think you can predict the future, whether it's a winning horse or how many points some guy will score.

I'm no pro horseplayer, but I think the key to making any kind of money is to acknowledge that you're just trying to estimate a probability curve, and match prices and values to that.

I think it was vincent jackson and andre johnson, last week, who were commonly perceived as high value players, and probably used in maybe 40% of sunday games.

from memory, I think those guys burned a lot of players --- stacy was another of these type of players, and while he might've earned his money, you probably got lucky he wasn't knocked out any earlier than he was.

I remember when I was learning horses I devised a strat of just picking one horse and putting my whole bankroll on it for a marginal, but locked in, profit to treat myself to lunch instead of frittering it away on every race, hoping to break even at the end of the day.

it was in the 90s that day, and the deadlock cinch horse I played to show in a short field staggered home last, falling over 100 feet from the finishline --- I don't think people like to admit to themselves the amount of randomness present in all these kinds of things.

I don't see peterson as a false favorite, or a player I'd want to fade, but he's also probably on 50+% of line ups, and you have to question the point at which he's overvalued by the public.

it's true he might get his 18 points on 9k salary, but I could maybe get 18 points off two 4500 players, let everyone else in the field pile in the same boat, and stand to gain on the slight chance it sinks.

but the problem with peterson, and the reason I ask the question, is that he looks so legitimately good here, and could be one of those few guys that blow up for 30+.

is it worth the risk of playing against him to reap the potential rewards chaos might bring a contrarian?

edit: I don't think contrarian is the right word here, because you aren't actively playing against him, just basically avoiding him like you might avoid a race with a really solid odds on chalk, investing your money in other races.

by avoiding him you let the rest of the world bear the risk of an unexpected dud, but you bear the risk of missing a blow up, which would just help you keep pace with the crowd, but is now burying you.

60K - Flynn, Lacy, Murray, Calvin, Jordy, Burleson, Witten, Akers, Cowboys

55K - Flynn, Bush, Jennings, Jordy, Burleson, Streater, Witten, Crosby, Cowboys

Going to stink if Schwartz benches Bush for that fumble.

BigJohn said:
Are the Thursday-only contests something to avoid? I dont hear much talk about them.

Entered this lineup in a few tourneys and double-ups:

Romo

Lacy

R. Jennings

J. Nelson

Streater

Dez

H. Miller

Crosby

DAL
####

Thursday's lineups are very close, this one has the best outlook for me so far in the tourney's (Romo at QB).

POS 927
gustavofring
gustavofring27 Quarters Remaining

SCORE 47.4
QB
Tony Romo
OAK @ DAL 4:30pm
$9000SALARY
27.1%OWNED

RB
Rashad Jennings
$6700SALARY
33.7%OWNED

RB
Joique Bell
GB 10 @ DET 40 4th
$4900SALARY
8.2%OWNED
  • 94 RuY
  • 1 RuTD
  • 3 Re
  • 34 ReY
WR
Calvin Johnson
GB 10 @ DET 40 4th
$10100SALARY
56.6%OWNED
  • 6 Re
  • 101 ReY
  • 1 ReTD
WR
Dez Bryant
$8900SALARY
42.1%OWNED

WR
Rod Streater
$5000SALARY
21.9%OWNED

TE
Heath Miller
PIT @ BAL 8:30pm
$4700SALARY
30.1%OWNED

K
David Akers
GB 10 @ DET 40 4th
$5000SALARY
27.8%OWNED
  • 1 FGu30
  • 5 XP
D
Baltimore Ravens
PIT @ BAL 8:30pm
$5700SALARY
18.4%OWNED

Huge Overlays for Just Thanksgiving Day contests (1st link is at $10 and the second is at $5).

Only 1 entry allowed per user and they only have 10% taken so far

https://www.fanduel.com/e/Game/9116?tableId=3233233&fromLobby=true

https://www.fanduel.com/e/Game/9116?tableId=3233221&fromLobby=true
These ended up not being overlays. In fact, they ended up being bigger underlays than normal.

Normal vig is 10%.

The first contest got 1116 entries at $10 a pop (equals $11160) for a $10000 prize pool. The site keeps $1160, which is 10.3%.

The second contest got 1117 entries at $5 a pop (equals $5585) for a $5000 prize pool. The site keeps $585, which is 10.4%.

I got in on the $10 one linked above and am currently sitting 3rd. The two people above had identical players but also Crosby for 6 points.

Still Jennings, Streater, Rivera and Tucker to go.

I'm pissed I only put $65 into Thursday only games. Im killing it, winning everything. Won a $5 and $10 head to head, definitely cashing in a $25 triple up, and looks like I'm going to win (or at least 2nd) in a ten man $25 league. Had Bush, Murray, Calvin, Dez, Detroit D everywhere. Should've put up some more but I went for a lot of Thursday to Monday games instead. Had a lot of bush and Murray in those two so this is looking likely to be a very good weekend for me.

(HULK) said:
I'm pissed I only put $65 into Thursday only games. Im killing it, winning everything. Won a $5 and $10 head to head, definitely cashing in a $25 triple up, and looks like I'm going to win (or at least 2nd) in a ten man $25 league. Had Bush, Murray, Calvin, Dez, Detroit D everywhere. Should've put up some more but I went for a lot of Thursday to Monday games instead. Had a lot of bush and Murray in those two so this is looking likely to be a very good weekend for me.
woneverything! What would 149 points have netted me in those tourneys? Wondering if I should be pissed at myself for not entering.

(HULK) said:
woneverything! What would 149 points have netted me in those tourneys? Wondering if I should be pissed at myself for not entering.
In the 5 dollar tourney it would have got you top 50 and made you 60 bucks. The 3351 man tourney where you can enter as many teams as you want.

144 points in the Gravy bomb 25 dollar contest got me 103rd place and $200.00. Heath Miller getting tackled at the one twice prevented me from making serious money and possibly a top 10 finish.

Doh, kicking myself for not doing the tourney yesterday. I usually do a tourney or two, but shied away after not hitting in one for a while.

First time I've ever gotten smashed this bad. Had Nate and Flynn in every lineup. Lucky I got a late start and only entered 5 contest. Pretty much finished 49th or 50th in every one.

Users who are viewing this thread