What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Felix Jones "needs to touch the ball more" -Jerry Jones (1 Viewer)

Neither, just a trainer with calipers. I also use a hand help body fat analyzer. Both usually give very similar results, within 1%.
If these things are important to you then you should know that 1% is not even close with those two methods. They are both highly dependent on multiple variables and have a relatively high degree of error (+/- 3-5% depending on the tools, calculations, and people using them).DEXA and hydrodensitometry are far and away the gold standard and are most likely to fall in that 1% range.The truth is there is no way to measure body fat with complete accuracy while you are alive.Ugh, I keep hijacking, I guess I can't help myself but health and fitness issues are sort of my shtick over in the FFA. Take a visit over there and ask around.
For what he's doing thought it's probably accurate enough. At worse he's dropping 9% BF which is still pretty good.As for the 4-5% BF and players being that low - it's very unlikely. If a player has that low of body fat he's almost guaranteed to get injured. Most speed players are still in the 8-12% range.If you've ever seen a guy hovering at the 5 level, you'd know what I mean. I would say the only group of players that gets in the 5-6 range is cornerbacks.

As for the 4-5% BF and players being that low - it's very unlikely. If a player has that low of body fat he's almost guaranteed to get injured. Most speed players are still in the 8-12% range.
Perfect, let's go with 10 percent.Felix Jones was a bit over 200 pounds last year, right? So 10% means he had about 20 pounds of body fat on him.If he lost 10 pounds of body fat, as somebody suggested as a hypothetical earlier, that would bring him down to 5 percent body fat — which is what we're now saying is unlikely.Therefore, it is unlikely that Jones lost 10 pounds of body fat. QED.

Wow, I clicked looking for some info on Felix, leaving needing a Silkwood shower.
If there is any new or pertinent information of Felix it will be front and center in this thread.There isn't so the discussion has reached the periphery of analysis on Felix.Try to keep up, it's not that hard.

As for the 4-5% BF and players being that low - it's very unlikely. If a player has that low of body fat he's almost guaranteed to get injured. Most speed players are still in the 8-12% range.
Perfect, let's go with 10 percent.Felix Jones was a bit over 200 pounds last year, right? So 10% means he had about 20 pounds of body fat on him.If he lost 10 pounds of body fat, as somebody suggested as a hypothetical earlier, that would bring him down to 5 percent body fat — which is what we're now saying is unlikely.Therefore, it is unlikely that Jones lost 10 pounds of body fat. QED.
Except i think its unlikely he was 10% BF last year. If that picture of his stomach is accurate. and not from this season, no way was his BF 10%.My guess is that Felix was never much of a gym guy, but was at least in better shape during the season. I think everyone was suprised when he only ran a 4.47 at the combine, and even more suprised that he only had 8 reps on the bench. After going to the Cowboys, he probably still wasnt spending much time in the gym, which was part of the reason he kept suffering injuries that were more fluky, and the type a player would get from lack of conditioning.Now if he took his conditiong more serious this past offseason, its very likely he could have put on muscle while losing fat and gaining weight. And like i have said already, those things would help his power and durability while not having a negative affect on his speed.Or i could be totally wrong and he could have spent the offseason at Mcdonalds. Either way, we should know by the end of the season.

Back in the observable world...

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips liked the look for Felix Jones as the prime running back during Sunday's loss to Tennessee but stopped short of saying there will be a change in the pecking order.

Jones handled the ball a career-high 19 times on 15 runs and four receptions and produced 116 yards from scrimmage against Tennessee. It was the second-highest yardage total of his career. He had 178 yards on 17 plays in the playoff victory against Philadelphia last season.

``We need to get Felix the ball more,'' Phillips said today. ``We did that, and I thought it showed up well. We'll continue to evaluate what we need, but I thought it helped our running game.''

Marion Barber, who had been getting the bulk of the carries, and Jones have each handled the ball on 45 plays this season. Barber, used more often in short-yardage situations, has averaged 3.3 yards per play. Jones has averaged 5.6 yards per play.

The three-headed arrangement at running back may have run its course. Tashard Choice has handled the football only twice, on runs, in the last two games.
Link

Oops im sorry didnt mean to interupt. I thought this was a thread about felix jones getting more carries. Weight debate commense...

Ha ha. Is there a bigger Felix disciple than Switz?
Pretty sure I'm top of the list, though I haven't been as vocal. IMO he's right there with CJ3, Mendenhall, Stewart and Charles in terms of young RBs. And I think that the RB class of 2008 is going to go down as the best ever.

whelp, looks like im not the only one who thinks he lacks explosiveness. fbg email said this

...being a tailback with average speed, average power, and average balance...He simply lacks the burst to break big plays on his own...

whelp, looks like im not the only one who thinks he lacks explosiveness. fbg email said this

...being a tailback with average speed, average power, and average balance...He simply lacks the burst to break big plays on his own...
While his o-line certainly isn't helping, before this year everytime Felix touched the ball you knew two things were gonna happen: the first guy was gonna miss, it was gonna be a decent if not big gain.This year... not so much.

Well I guess that's all it takes then :(The OL in Dallas is killing Jones (and Barber). Jones has flashed plenty of explosiveness this year. The problem is, FBGs were WAY OFF about him when he came out as a rookie, and they're going to stick to their guns. So if he falters at all, it must be just him, not the OL, right?

Well I guess that's all it takes then :lmao:The OL in Dallas is killing Jones (and Barber). Jones has flashed plenty of explosiveness this year. The problem is, FBGs were WAY OFF about him when he came out as a rookie, and they're going to stick to their guns. So if he falters at all, it must be just him, not the OL, right?
I thought I remember that they were pretty high on him coming out no? In fact, I think I picked him up over CJ because of their rankings.

Well I guess that's all it takes then :lmao:The OL in Dallas is killing Jones (and Barber). Jones has flashed plenty of explosiveness this year. The problem is, FBGs were WAY OFF about him when he came out as a rookie, and they're going to stick to their guns. So if he falters at all, it must be just him, not the OL, right?
Maybe its you sticking to your guns despite whats happening on the field.

I thought I remember that they were pretty high on him coming out no? In fact, I think I picked him up over CJ because of their rankings.
Don't bother. When a player causes arousal for switz he makes Jim Jones look like The Dude with his fanaticism.

There is no doubt that the O-line has gotten old quickly in Dallas. But let's face it, Felix just doesn't make anybody miss like he used to. Can't say if it's the added weight or if he's still a little dinged, but it's something. They are getting him in space more than anyone else, and he's just not getting it done.

There is no doubt that the O-line has gotten old quickly in Dallas. But let's face it, Felix just doesn't make anybody miss like he used to. Can't say if it's the added weight or if he's still a little dinged, but it's something. They are getting him in space more than anyone else, and he's just not getting it done.
:lmao: Felix was absolutely electric his first 2 years. Now all I see from him is this spin move where he spins right into the defense's arms. No breakaway speed anymore, and no more broken ankles.

Felix was just cut in my redraft. Now BOTH Cowboy rb's are sitting on the ww...and I don't see anyone picking them up. Not a lot of upside.

if i had to guess, it was the weight gain, or in a more general sense: improper an strength and conditioning program.

Is Felix talented? yes

I sure wish he would do something with that talent. Enough excuses for this guy do something will you????
He is not any more talented than the average NFL RB. I have not seen this talent on the field but he is very effective at running through large holes.

Is Felix talented? yesI sure wish he would do something with that talent. Enough excuses for this guy do something will you????
The Felix backers use every excuse but Felix himself.
Hey, Dallas drafted him he must be good.
he was good. very good, with elite potential. then the team, his trainers, or felix himself, decided he needed to get fat and slow to get on the field. certainly worked as he gained the lead role. ofc, he eschewed the skillset that made him enticing and productive in the process.

How about neither are good NFL RBs?
I'm trying to think of how to put this without insulting people.When every running back on a team is struggling to run, and all of the running back son the team previously either played at a high level or have shown exceptional talent, it's probably NOT that the running backs aren't good NFL RBs. Logic indicates that three different players aren't all going to see their performance drop off this drastically due to each suddenly losing talent. That's just not reasonable.But who ever said people here were reasonable, huh?

BTW, I've never seen so many people claim an RB lacked talent, or was nothing special, when his YPC is respectable, and his lack of yards is more a product of lack of use than lack of production per touch. It's kinda funny.

Jerry is not going to want to be embarrassed on Sunday night, so Felix will be on the field.
Jerry not wanting to get embarrassed is meaningless. Whether he wants to be embarrassed or not, his team IS an embarrassment.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I've never seen so many people claim an RB lacked talent, or was nothing special, when his YPC is respectable, and his lack of yards is more a product of lack of use than lack of production per touch. It's kinda funny.
most here do it to annoy you. shocking you havent picked up on it.

How about neither are good NFL RBs?
I'm trying to think of how to put this without insulting people.When every running back on a team is struggling to run, and all of the running back son the team previously either played at a high level or have shown exceptional talent, it's probably NOT that the running backs aren't good NFL RBs. Logic indicates that three different players aren't all going to see their performance drop off this drastically due to each suddenly losing talent. That's just not reasonable.But who ever said people here were reasonable, huh?
I have no doubt that Felix is talented and that Barber is still serviceable, though it's fairly obvious he has lost a step. But they are 1-6, have a disaster waiting to happen at QB, no chance of the playoffs, and why not see what a Choice-Felix 1-2 would look like? Also, Felix has been a slow healer in the past so Choice could be a good one-week play.People only looking at production from Felix and not looking at the playcalling, game situations, and season situation aren't being very reasonable.

I wouldn't bank on Felix not going.He will play.
why?
Because he was barely nicked. Dallas is resting him during the week...Jerry is not going to want to be embarrassed on Sunday night, so Felix will be on the field.
do you really know the extent of his injuries? Serious question, i havent heard any reports. He was in sweatpants and a report said to pick up his more effective backup.

why?
Because he was barely nicked. Dallas is resting him during the week...Jerry is not going to want to be embarrassed on Sunday night, so Felix will be on the field.
do you really know the extent of his injuries? Serious question, i havent heard any reports. He was in sweatpants and a report said to pick up his more effective backup.
Like anything else...it is all conjecture.He has a bruised forearm and tweaked his ankle...I would bet on that not keeping him out. Now, I wouldn't go and pass on Choice because of it - but I would also expect to see him on the field on Sunday night.

why?
Like anything else...it is all conjecture.He has a bruised forearm and tweaked his ankle...I would bet on that not keeping him out. Now, I wouldn't go and pass on Choice because of it - but I would also expect to see him on the field on Sunday night.
ok good luck, but based on past experience, you really shouldnt be surprised if he is OUT. In fact, you've been warned.

Users who are viewing this thread