What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Felix Jones, RB, Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

With the injuries to Murray and Choice at this point I can't see him losing any time...at least soon. He opened against the Jets then after that he gets @SF, Wash, Det and then their bye...heading into the bye which is early could have his value pretty high. If for nothing else he should get you through those early weeks as a RB1 considering his injured competition.
He's reminding me a bit of someone's situation from a couple of years back...He's a young and talented RB who people think hasn't quite put it all together yet. The veteran plodder in front of him has moved on. He has a well regarded rookie on his heels. But he's the vet now and is getting his shot at being "the guy". And he's flashing in the preseason.2008 anyone?
Dwill

'need2know said:
I agree things are looking nice for Felix if he can stay healthyI pick 12 out 12 teams in a redraft .5 pprI am going to target him at the 3/4 turn as my RB2(might pick 2 Rbs here if I go WR/WR or QB/WR in round 1). I was sure I could get him here a week ago as average ADP was around 5. Now, his stock his rising and I am not sure I can get him at the 3/4. It doesn't help we have several cowboys homers in my league. Oh well, if they pick him in early round 3, that means another back slides to me.
Picking 13/14 in a 0.5 ppr league yesterday, I grabbed Best and Felix at the 3/4 turn (first two picks were Megatron and Roddy). THe cowboy homers might ruin it for you though...
who would u have gotten if felix was gone? I was thinking maybe DWill? Who else for a .5 ppr?
I probably would have decided between D-Will and Dez Bryant. Dez would have been scary, as I'd have 3 WR in a 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex league, although I love his potential. I ended up getting Matt Ryan/Beanie at the 5/6 and Gronk/Hightower in the 7/8, so I'd probably be okay platooning Beanie/Hightower in my RB2 spot with Dez manning the flex. As it is now, I'll be platooning Beanie/Hightower and maybe some WR options at the flex, and rolling with Megatron, Roddy, Best, Jones in my 4 starter spots.

I hope there continue to be doubters, as evidenced in this thread. I had Felix as a breakout candidate back in July and I'm upping my projections from high RB2 #'s to low end RB1 #'s with as good a chance as most of the 1st rounders to be the #1 back. He's not the same running back as last year. Anyone who watched the first 2 preseason games and any of his games last year could see that, and I imagine many of the doubters didn't or don't watch.

Every year there are people who refuse to believe x, y, and z is worth a 2nd/3rd/4th round pick because Arian Foster/Darren McFadden/Ray Rice/Jamaal Charles has never finished higher than x or has an injury history or some other reason. This year is shaping up to be the same with Felix Jones. I welcome that.

Can any of the doubters explain to me why LeSean McCoy and Rashard Mendenhall are worth a 1st rounder and Felix Jones isn't worth a 3rd rounder?

Do most of you add "if he can stay healthy" about every player you talk about? What's with this notion that Felix can't stay on the field? He's missed a total of 2 games in the last 2 years and played in every game last year while carrying his largest workload to date (almost 240 touches).

As pointed out above, he's bigger than most of the RBs in the current top 10, weighing in at 220 lbs. In fact, he's a prototypical size at 5'10, 220lbs. He plays RB. The fact that he's gotten nicked up doesn't mean he can't stay healthy. It means he plays RB. AP, Gore, DeAngelo, SJax, Stewart, MJD, McFadden, Turner, Bradshaw....they've all missed time over the last couple years. It's not that these guys are all just injury prone (even though a lot on that list are described as such). RB is a position that ends up with lots of injuries. Mathews, Hardesty, Tate, Ryan Williams, Best, Beanie, and on and on and on. Old ones and young ones.

Felix is no more an injury risk than any other RB at this point.

'need2know said:
I agree things are looking nice for Felix if he can stay healthyI pick 12 out 12 teams in a redraft .5 pprI am going to target him at the 3/4 turn as my RB2(might pick 2 Rbs here if I go WR/WR or QB/WR in round 1). I was sure I could get him here a week ago as average ADP was around 5. Now, his stock his rising and I am not sure I can get him at the 3/4. It doesn't help we have several cowboys homers in my league. Oh well, if they pick him in early round 3, that means another back slides to me.
Picking 13/14 in a 0.5 ppr league yesterday, I grabbed Best and Felix at the 3/4 turn (first two picks were Megatron and Roddy). THe cowboy homers might ruin it for you though...
who would u have gotten if felix was gone? I was thinking maybe DWill? Who else for a .5 ppr?
i took deangelo over felix at the 3/4 turn. kinda regretting it now.

The main reason to slot Felix ahead of Williams is because the cowboys have a much more respectable passing game. That said, Williams has a track record of success (even when splitting time). Not sure I'd beat myself up over taking one ahead of te other right now.

I've avoided him the last couple years due to the hype and situation but have been adding him this year. The one thing that concerns me is the run blocking of the Boys line. He's a great guy to take a shot at this year.

He looks like a different back. It is all there for him to take over big time. He looks stronger and the game really looks like it has finally slowed down for him. He is showing the patience needed to be an effective feature back. He was playing at 100 miles an hour his first few years in the league. Also he looks like he added a lot more muscle.

I am buying. I have my one and only redraft league drafting this Friday. I have the 8th overall. No question if he is available in the 3rd...I am grabbing him.

First rounder will be an elite WR, second rounder best on the board at either WR or RB (Thinking Hillis or MJD, Nicks or V.Jax) then in the 3rd..I am hoping Felix is there. I took a flier on him last year in the 8th round in this same league. He never even sniffed my lineup. The league has maybe (including myself) 4 owners who have a ton of knowledge. The rest are drafting from the seat of their pants.

If I do draft him again....please stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
'eoMMan said:
'baconisgood said:
'eoMMan said:
His highest finish in 3 years was last season at RB27. I doubt he'll last to a spot where I'll find him valuable.
+1
You could make the same argument against McFadden going into last year and look what he did.....just saying.
Instead of sayin just sayin- why not say something? Make an argument- is his situation like mcfaddens, or not like mcfaddens?Do you like his talent and situation or not?
Really? You couldn't figure out what I meant?They were knocking Jones because of him not being a high RB finisher in years past. I said that the same could be said of McFadden heading into last year and he played very well (imagine if he was healthy for the whole year). My point is that you shouldn't knock a guy just because he hasn't had success in the past. This can be a good thing sometimes for multiple reasons: you can get him cheaper, maybe the guy is hungry/eager to produce, he has fresher legs, etc.
You just spent 4 lines saying how you didn't say anything. There isn't anybody on this board that doesn't know Darren McFadden exists, everyone knows that players come out of no where, so you added nothing to the conversation.
JFC :wall:

Do most of you add "if he can stay healthy" about every player you talk about? What's with this notion that Felix can't stay on the field? He's missed a total of 2 games in the last 2 years and played in every game last year while carrying his largest workload to date (almost 240 touches). As pointed out above, he's bigger than most of the RBs in the current top 10, weighing in at 220 lbs. In fact, he's a prototypical size at 5'10, 220lbs. He plays RB. The fact that he's gotten nicked up doesn't mean he can't stay healthy. It means he plays RB. AP, Gore, DeAngelo, SJax, Stewart, MJD, McFadden, Turner, Bradshaw....they've all missed time over the last couple years. It's not that these guys are all just injury prone (even though a lot on that list are described as such). RB is a position that ends up with lots of injuries. Mathews, Hardesty, Tate, Ryan Williams, Best, Beanie, and on and on and on. Old ones and young ones. Felix is no more an injury risk than any other RB at this point.
:goodposting:

After last night Felix likely won't last until the 5th round in most drafts. He went in the 4th in mine last week as RB19, and is currently being taken at about RB21. It would be difficult for me to expect Felix to finish the season at that spot.

My point was just that Felix has never finished better than RB27 in his career. He had little competition at the end of 2010 as well, and still managed to put up just RB2 stats. He did average a shade under 100 yards in the final 8 games at 98.87, and scored his 2 total TDs over that span. With TD threats in Austin, Witten, Bryant, and a defense that may lead to passing often I still expect Jones' TD total to be on the low end.

Felix would have to keep up his 100 yards from scrimmage stats during the entire season and score around 6 total TDs, which would be a huge jump from his career high of 3, to justify that draft position.
You think 1600 and 6 is going to be RB21 this year? Good year for running backs. 196 fantasy points would be good for2010: RB15

2009: RB10

2008: RB13

2007: RB8

2006: RB10

And that's standard scoring. He's also caught an astonishing 69 of his 76 career targets. I think Felix supporters see a guy who should be a lock for about 1200-1300 yards and 5-6 scores (which is what RB21 actually is), with a very nice situation and a ton of upside beyond that.

overall rbxx is largely a situation of attrition. at least a few players will be higher but they get hurt. assuming a player will be healthy for 16 games will make him inherently compare favorably to historical rb rankings.

that said, even on ppg basis, 1600 and 6 should be good for top 20 rb.

I hope there continue to be doubters, as evidenced in this thread. I had Felix as a breakout candidate back in July and I'm upping my projections from high RB2 #'s to low end RB1 #'s with as good a chance as most of the 1st rounders to be the #1 back. He's not the same running back as last year. Anyone who watched the first 2 preseason games and any of his games last year could see that, and I imagine many of the doubters didn't or don't watch.

Every year there are people who refuse to believe x, y, and z is worth a 2nd/3rd/4th round pick because Arian Foster/Darren McFadden/Ray Rice/Jamaal Charles has never finished higher than x or has an injury history or some other reason. This year is shaping up to be the same with Felix Jones. I welcome that.

Can any of the doubters explain to me why LeSean McCoy and Rashard Mendenhall are worth a 1st rounder and Felix Jones isn't worth a 3rd rounder?
yes, actually. Because Mendenhall plays the EASIEST schedule of any RB this season, similar to the Chiefs 2010 schedule.Baltimore

Seattle

Indianapolis

Houston

TENNESSEE

JACKSONVILLE

Az

NEW ENGLAND

BALTIMORE

Cincinnati

Kansas City

CINCINNATI

CLEVELAND

San Francisco

ST. LOUIS

Cleveland

Mendy also gets 300+ carries and is the workhorse back in an offense that has never used RBBC.. they play Cincy twice in three weeks.have you seen Cincy play this pre-season? they MIGHT go 0-16..

Mendy plays the Rams week 16 - usually the fantasy superbowl weekend.could you ask for a better matchup?

taking out two games against Balt., Steelers play powderpuff run defenses all.season.long.

I'm not a McCoy supporter, not high on the Eagles' offense this season. I think Vick crashes back to earth in a big way.

as for Jones, it's just hard to get behind a guy who's seemingly incapable of carrying the ball 250+ times..Dallas o-line has me worried.Romo has me worried. Jones doesn't score TDs.Dallas has a lot of other weapons..

anything earlier than a 4th/5th rounder for Jones is overpaying, IMO..he's just an average RB.he's not the second coming of L. Tomlinson..

I'd take Fred Jackson before F. Jones..

yes, actually. Because Mendenhall plays the EASIEST schedule of any RB this season, similar to the Chiefs 2010 schedule.Baltimore

Seattle

Indianapolis

Houston

TENNESSEE

JACKSONVILLE

Az

NEW ENGLAND

BALTIMORE

Cincinnati

Kansas City

CINCINNATI

CLEVELAND

San Francisco

ST. LOUIS

Cleveland

Mendy also gets 300+ carries and is the workhorse back in an offense that has never used RBBC.. they play Cincy twice in three weeks.have you seen Cincy play this pre-season? they MIGHT go 0-16..

Mendy plays the Rams week 16 - usually the fantasy superbowl weekend.could you ask for a better matchup?

taking out two games against Balt., Steelers play powderpuff run defenses all.season.long.

I'm not a McCoy supporter, not high on the Eagles' offense this season. I think Vick crashes back to earth in a big way.

as for Jones, it's just hard to get behind a guy who's seemingly incapable of carrying the ball 250+ times..Dallas o-line has me worried.Romo has me worried. Jones doesn't score TDs.Dallas has a lot of other weapons..

anything earlier than a 4th/5th rounder for Jones is overpaying, IMO..he's just an average RB.he's not the second coming of L. Tomlinson..

wow, fred jackson over felix? We need to remember this post

McCoy will likely have 70+ receptions, and Mendenhall has a legitimate shot at high double digit TDs. One thing in common for most RBs that finish high in the rankings is a plethora of TDs. Felix has a career high of 3. He managed 2 last season with 233 total touches. Maybe he breaks more long scores this season? I don't know, but Dallas tends to throw the ball in the red zone.
After last night Felix likely won't last until the 5th round in most drafts. He went in the 4th in mine last week as RB19, and is currently being taken at about RB21. It would be difficult for me to expect Felix to finish the season at that spot.

My point was just that Felix has never finished better than RB27 in his career. He had little competition at the end of 2010 as well, and still managed to put up just RB2 stats. He did average a shade under 100 yards in the final 8 games at 98.87, and scored his 2 total TDs over that span. With TD threats in Austin, Witten, Bryant, and a defense that may lead to passing often I still expect Jones' TD total to be on the low end.

Felix would have to keep up his 100 yards from scrimmage stats during the entire season and score around 6 total TDs, which would be a huge jump from his career high of 3, to justify that draft position.
You think 1600 and 6 is going to be RB21 this year? Good year for running backs. 196 fantasy points would be good for2010: RB15

And that's standard scoring. He's also caught an astonishing 69 of his 76 career targets. I think Felix supporters see a guy who should be a lock for about 1200-1300 yards and 5-6 scores (which is what RB21 actually is), with a very nice situation and a ton of upside beyond that.
Yeah, I figured those numbers might be a bit high. Regardless, a 100 ypg average for an entire 16 game season is tough to keep up. Your 1,300 and 5 number would have been a better example...So, how is he a lock for 1,200-1,300 yards and 5-6 when he's only managed that total yardage (1,250) once in his career and never had that many TDs? I guess that's my point. People are drafting him like it's a lock, but he's never done it before.

How many TDs do you expect the Cowboys to score this season? There are quite a few red zone mouths to feed in that offense.

I realize fantasy football is about finding the breakout guys, and I'm not normally someone to bash on a guy that's "never done it before." Breakouts happen from out of nowhere all the time. Maybe I'm just a bitter fantasy player that has thought all of the same things most of you are thinking about Felix Jones and been burned.

"Wow, explosive player, explosive offense, he's a LOCK for a breakout season. He looks great this preseason. Added weight, lost weight, ready to carry the load, he's Jerry Jones' guy, etc."

McCoy will likely have 70+ receptions, and Mendenhall has a legitimate shot at high double digit TDs. One thing in common for most RBs that finish high in the rankings is a plethora of TDs. Felix has a career high of 3. He managed 2 last season with 233 total touches. Maybe he breaks more long scores this season? I don't know, but Dallas tends to throw the ball in the red zone.

Yeah, I figured those numbers might be a bit high. Regardless, a 100 ypg average for an entire 16 game season is tough to keep up. Your 1,300 and 5 number would have been a better example...So, how is he a lock for 1,200-1,300 yards and 5-6 when he's only managed that total yardage (1,250) once in his career and never had that many TDs? I guess that's my point. People are drafting him like it's a lock, but he's never done it before.

How many TDs do you expect the Cowboys to score this season? There are quite a few red zone mouths to feed in that offense.

I realize fantasy football is about finding the breakout guys, and I'm not normally someone to bash on a guy that's "never done it before." Breakouts happen from out of nowhere all the time. Maybe I'm just a bitter fantasy player that has thought all of the same things most of you are thinking about Felix Jones and been burned.

"Wow, explosive player, explosive offense, he's a LOCK for a breakout season. He looks great this preseason. Added weight, lost weight, ready to carry the load, he's Jerry Jones' guy, etc."
To be fair, Jones had 48 catches last year and it wasn't like he was the "bell cow" the whole season. You would have to expect 60 or so catches at least if he is the man all season. That's probably less than McCoy but it will still be one of the highest reception totals for running backs in the NFL.Regarding the TD's, yes, he has slacked on them. However, there are few things in his favor for this year. For one, Barber is gone. It's not totally clear who will get the GL carries in Dallas but you would expect Jones to get a crack at them. Second, the Dallas offense as a whole will be much better this year and that will lead to more scoring opportunities for Jones. Romo is healthy and has a ton of receiving options to keep defenses honest.

I can see Jones ending up with something like 1600 total yards and 5 or 6 TD's....which will put him at a lower end #1 back.

Regarding the argument of "oh, he's never done this before", this really means nothing. It really does. Situations change. Players get better or worse. Don't focus on the past. Focus on the future.

Pretty much any starting RB in the league can puts up 5-6 TDs in a season, especially ones who get a lot of work as a receiver. Every RB who had 200+ carries last year scored 5 or more TDs. There are always exceptions--Steven Jackson only had 4 in 2009, Ryan Grant only had 4 in 2008--but they are very rare.

This is also really Felix's first shot at being the man, given the limiting presence of Barber, and the guy who's been touted as his competition is an injured rookie.

So, how is he a lock for 1,200-1,300 yards and 5-6 when he's only managed that total yardage (1,250) once in his career and never had that many TDs? I guess that's my point. People are drafting him like it's a lock, but he's never done it before.
Would you say that Beanie Wells is a lock for 900 yards and 5 TDs this year if he stays healthy? He's never done either before...Last year Felix was the 'B' option in a RBBC on a bad offense led by Jon Kitna. This year he's the clear starter on a Tony Romo led offense that should be significantly better.

I'm not saying he's a lock for those numbers, but saying "he's never done it before" when he's in a situation that's this different isn't really comparable. The fact that he even came CLOSE to doing it in a situation that was 10x worse than the one he'll be in this year makes it pretty darn close to a lock, barring injury as always.

You had me going until this... Let's do a comparison: Felix F-JaxStarter? Yes Probably notWill get a large majority of carries? Yes NoManagement's choice to be the starter? Yes NoCut last year's primary competition for carries? Yes NoOn the right side of 30? Yes NoLooks the best he ever has? Yes Probably notPlays on a team that has other weapons? Yes NoPlays on a team that won't have to abandon the run on a regular basis? Yes NoPlays behind an adequate o-line? Yes NoWhich of the above would lead you to believe F-Jax is a better choice than Felix? Or, have I missed something?

I think Felix has improved a lot since his rookie year and is a very good player. The 2 things that are keeping me from buying into him all the way are:

1. I don't think Jason Garrett truly believes Felix is really an every-down back, yet

2. DeMarco Murray is lurking

You had me going until this... Let's do a comparison: Felix F-JaxStarter? Yes Probably notWill get a large majority of carries? Yes NoManagement's choice to be the starter? Yes NoCut last year's primary competition for carries? Yes NoOn the right side of 30? Yes NoLooks the best he ever has? Yes Probably notPlays on a team that has other weapons? Yes NoPlays on a team that won't have to abandon the run on a regular basis? Yes NoPlays behind an adequate o-line? Yes NoWhich of the above would lead you to believe F-Jax is a better choice than Felix? Or, have I missed something?
fjax is def the starter, will get the majority of carries and last yrs main competition (lynch) is gone. fjax looked fine last yr too. i still take felix, not really close but you are off on fjax.

So, how is he a lock for 1,200-1,300 yards and 5-6 when he's only managed that total yardage (1,250) once in his career and never had that many TDs? I guess that's my point. People are drafting him like it's a lock, but he's never done it before.
Would you say that Beanie Wells is a lock for 900 yards and 5 TDs this year if he stays healthy? He's never done either before...Last year Felix was the 'B' option in a RBBC on a bad offense led by Jon Kitna. This year he's the clear starter on a Tony Romo led offense that should be significantly better.

I'm not saying he's a lock for those numbers, but saying "he's never done it before" when he's in a situation that's this different isn't really comparable. The fact that he even came CLOSE to doing it in a situation that was 10x worse than the one he'll be in this year makes it pretty darn close to a lock, barring injury as always.
I'm not sure any player is a lock for anything. I like Beanie though. Both players have had a tendency to get nicked up, and neither has shown the ability to shoulder 300 touches. Beanie seems like a much greater TD threat though.Like I said, I'm not a "he's never done it before" guy. Prove it first is usually a losing strategy in fantasy football. Felix has been a breakout candidate for the past two seasons. It hasn't happened for whatever reason. Marion Barber, usage, injury, weight gain/loss. Whatever the excuse may be.

Felix was the featured back during the second half of 2010. Barber was not a factor. Jones had excellent yards per game stats, but the TDs sill weren't there. Does Romo's return get him in the end zone more? Time will tell.

I'd rather take a WR before I gamble on Felix as my RB2 in the 3rd round like some of the posters in here are advocating.

I think Felix has improved a lot since his rookie year and is a very good player. The 2 things that are keeping me from buying into him all the way are:

1. I don't think Jason Garrett truly believes Felix is really an every-down back, yet

#1 doesn't make sense. When Jason Garrett took over as HC, Felix finally started getting the larger workload. Jason Garrett took over in week 10 of last year, IIRC. Starting week 10, Felix got double digit carries for the final 8 games of the year. Up to that point, Felix had 9 CAREER games with double digit carries for the first 2 1/2 yrs in the league.What makes you say #1?

You had me going until this... Let's do a comparison:

Felix F-Jax

Starter? Yes Probably not

Will get a large majority of carries? Yes No

Management's choice to be the starter? Yes No

Cut last year's primary competition for carries? Yes No

On the right side of 30? Yes No

Looks the best he ever has? Yes Probably not

Plays on a team that has other weapons? Yes No

Plays on a team that won't have to abandon the run on a regular basis? Yes No

Plays behind an adequate o-line? Yes No

Which of the above would lead you to believe F-Jax is a better choice than Felix? Or, have I missed something?
fjax is def the starter, will get the majority of carries and last yrs main competition (lynch) is gone. fjax looked fine last yr too. i still take felix, not really close but you are off on fjax.
:no:
Buffalo Bills RB Fred Jackson said he is unhappy after practice Monday, Aug. 22, saying he feels underappreciated and uncertain of where he stands. "I feel like a No. 1 back," Jackson said. "I feel like I should be treated like one, know what's going on, know where I stand and what the situation is." His unhappiness stems from the fact RB CJ Spiller started the preseason game Saturday, Aug. 20, against the Denver Broncos and received most of the playing time with starters.
(Rotoworld) Tim Graham of the Buffalo News is "hearing more and more" that the Bills starting running back job is C.J. Spiller's to lose, not Fred Jackson's.
Not saying he's now the backup, but saying he's "definitely the starter" is not true whatsoever.

'cvnpoka said:
'De Novo said:
'Tanner9919 said:
Don't want to get off-topic, but you're trying to pass opinion off as fact. CJ Spiller started the 2nd preseason game. Tim Graham of the Buffalo News is "hearing more and more" that the Bills' starting running back job is C.J. Spiller's to lose, not Fred Jackson's. From Rotoworld - "Fred Jackson expressed frustration Monday that the Bills are trying to demote him out of the starting lineup for C.J. Spiller."

dont want to get off topic but mebbe read the rest of the thread and see i was set straight. lol at "you're trying to pass opinion off as fact" considering this spiller thing is a recent development.oh but wait,http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/22/fred-still-top-back/

said Gailey when asked where Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller stand on the depth chart. ”Fred is a little bit ahead right now, but I think they’re both number one backs.”

dont want to get off topic but mebbe read the rest of the thread and see i was set straight. lol at "you're trying to pass opinion off as fact" considering this spiller thing is a recent development.oh but wait,http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/22/fred-still-top-back/

said Gailey when asked where Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller stand on the depth chart. ”Fred is a little bit ahead right now, but I think they’re both number one backs.”
I don't suppose you have another quote out of Dallas telling us who the other #1 back is on the Cowboys.

You had me going until this...Let's do a comparison:Felix F-JaxStarter? Yes Probably notWill get a large majority of carries? Yes NoManagement's choice to be the starter? Yes NoCut last year's primary competition for carries? Yes NoOn the right side of 30? Yes NoLooks the best he ever has? Yes Probably notPlays on a team that has other weapons? Yes NoPlays on a team that won't have to abandon the run on a regular basis? Yes NoPlays behind an adequate o-line? Yes NoWhich of the above would lead you to believe F-Jax is a better choice than Felix? Or, have I missed something
I disagree with this analysis. FJax is the starter, low mileage, Looked pretty damn good last year for where he get drafted, Steve Johnson is another weapon they have, Dallas O line last year sucked, how improved are they this year? we will see. They are pretty close but I would target Felix ahead of FJax.I was concerned with Mr Jones' comments limiting his touches to 15-20, But he has looked motivated so far so I will be targeting him in the late 4th round as my RB2...

i would have a quote if i had ever claimed such thing.

look, i was wrong that fjax was def the starter. i was behind on my buffalo news. call it incompetence, bad posting, stupidity. i wasnt trying to misguide or "pass opinion off as fact."

'OnTheReg said:
In the past 24 hours I have fallen back in love with Ryan Mathews, and now after reading this article, Felix Jones:http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/First-Down-No-playin-8217-Felix-Jones-could-?urn=fantasy-wp7123
So prose, a good story, and drawing parallels to other players who blew up is all it takes. Dammit. Literally a week ago, I did a draft for a friend where I took Felix Jones in the 7th, Tim Hightower in the 12th, and Reggie Bush in the 13th. And they were his 4th, 6th, and 7th RBs (I just couldn't pass up the value). With my draft coming up, I'm convinced it will take a 3rd for Jones, a 6th for Hightower and a 7th for Bush. And they would be my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th RBs. It would be one thing if I saw their performances as a surprise, but I expected this. It's just that nobody else did and they're catching on now. Bah.

'OnTheReg said:
In the past 24 hours I have fallen back in love with Ryan Mathews, and now after reading this article, Felix Jones:http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/First-Down-No-playin-8217-Felix-Jones-could-?urn=fantasy-wp7123
So prose, a good story, and drawing parallels to other players who blew up is all it takes. Dammit. Literally a week ago, I did a draft for a friend where I took Felix Jones in the 7th, Tim Hightower in the 12th, and Reggie Bush in the 13th. And they were his 4th, 6th, and 7th RBs (I just couldn't pass up the value). With my draft coming up, I'm convinced it will take a 3rd for Jones, a 6th for Hightower and a 7th for Bush. And they would be my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th RBs. It would be one thing if I saw their performances as a surprise, but I expected this. It's just that nobody else did and they're catching on now. Bah.
nobody else?I got bush and jones on my team already.

About to head into two drafts this weekend with the full intention of grabbing Jones in both. I'm not about to christen him as the DMC of this season, but he certainly looks capable of performing far beyond his ADP and jumping into the top 10 at his position.

I'd much rather have Jones than Turner, Hillis, Jackson, Best, Blount, or Matthews. If paired with an elite RB in a non-PPR league, winning could become an every week event.

#1 doesn't make sense. When Jason Garrett took over as HC, Felix finally started getting the larger workload. Jason Garrett took over in week 10 of last year, IIRC. Starting week 10, Felix got double digit carries for the final 8 games of the year. Up to that point, Felix had 9 CAREER games with double digit carries for the first 2 1/2 yrs in the league.What makes you say #1?
:goodposting: I was just about to go post this. Felix saw a major upswing in usage rate once Garrett took over. My only concern is that he gets hurt, other than that I think he could be a top 10 back. The combination of size, speed and usage makes me happy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzpUUm8p8Z4

I think people are forgetting how talented Felix Jones really is. The guy put up insane numbers at Arkansas playing behind Darren McFadden. He had a 7.7 ypc over 380+ carries. He was just as fast as D-Mac.

I don't know what isn't to like about this guy. Barber is gone. Choice is seemingly never going to get any carries, and Murray is a rookie who has missed a lot of time due to the lockout and his injury. He's practicing this week for the first time since January.

When given the opportunity Felix flat-out produces. He has a career NFL ypc of 5.3. I'm sure that's inflated due to lack of carries, but it's not unreasonable to expect him to have a 4.5 ypc over a full workload. He can also catch the ball, tallying 30% of his yardage via the passing game.

And now he's the #1 guy, but he's still going later than he should. 52nd pick in non-ppr, 49th in PPR. Best is going a full 1.5 rounds before him, essentially the same question marks. I know which guy I'd rather have.

It's the classic case of people being burned and now wanting nothing to do with him. Now is the time to swoop in and get him.

Who has stated that he will be limited in his carries?

I have read posts stating everything from he will be limited to carries to he will be the workhorse...

I watched the Cowboys/Chargers game again last night. Man did this guy look good all the way around - speed, quicks, vision, power. Only question is if he can stay healthy, and to a lesser extent if he'll get the GL work.

Where's he been going in recent drafts? I have the 5th pick and was hoping to snag him in the 3rd rd but Im not sure if I can risk it. Would taking him in the 2nd be overkill?

Where's he been going in recent drafts? I have the 5th pick and was hoping to snag him in the 3rd rd but Im not sure if I can risk it. Would taking him in the 2nd be overkill?
Depending on how much you love him, how your league's set-up and who else is available, maybe not. I probably wouldn't do it, but I could see reasons for it.I'd guess he'd be there for you in the 3rd, but if it's a PPR league and your other available options for RBs are the Bradshaw, Blount, Moreno types, I could see pulling the trigger. Though, if that's the case, there's probably some nice value elsewhere and Felix should still be there in the 3rd.It's getting hard to assume where Felix might go. Felix just cost me $37, more than S-Jax and Deangelo. No Cowboy homers in the league either. Ultimately, it depends on how much you love Felix. I paid too much because I think he's the kind of guy that can win a league. If he is, I won't remember how much I paid for him and you won't care if you got him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I was able to get him at 4.6, but I was shocked to still have him available when it got there.

In a 14 team, 0.5 PPR one keeper league (consider that the first round) he went at 2.11 or #25 overall, ahead of RBs like Greene, Blount, and DeAngelo.

I was in 2 drafts this weekend, he went in the 3rd in one and in the 2nd in the other. He's not a sleeper anymore. If you want him, you're going to have to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread