What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Felix Jones, RB, Dallas Cowboys (2 Viewers)

He went 22nd overall in my draft on Saturday ahead of Forte, SJax, Blount, and Hillis. I was planning to take him with the 28th pick, but was happy to see Forte still on the board.

Seems like there are more people than ever trying the "upside-down" draft method.

He went 22nd overall in my draft on Saturday ahead of Forte, SJax, Blount, and Hillis. I was planning to take him with the 28th pick, but was happy to see Forte still on the board. Seems like there are more people than ever trying the "upside-down" draft method.
Upside down has nothing to do with him being taken ahead of those 4.

He went 22nd overall in my draft on Saturday ahead of Forte, SJax, Blount, and Hillis. I was planning to take him with the 28th pick, but was happy to see Forte still on the board. Seems like there are more people than ever trying the "upside-down" draft method.
Wow, I love him this year but he shouldn't be going ahead of Forte, SJax, or Hillis. I can understand going ahead of Blount though.

'Short Corner said:
'Air Stich said:
I was going to get into the RB value available in the 3rd/4th rounds due to all of the WRs/QBs coming off the board early, but I didn't want to derail the thread. I probably should have deleted the last sentence. I just went back to my draft and Gore was also available when Felix was taken.

'eoMMan said:
'Air Stich said:
Wow, I love him this year but he shouldn't be going ahead of Forte, SJax, or Hillis. I can understand going ahead of Blount though.
I took him ahead of Blount.

I just traded him see below. Love the guy and think he'll do great this year but just couldn't pass up on AROD.

BTW I also have Demarco Murry on my bench so now I have to start hoping that he IS as injury prone as he has seemed to be in the past!!

Traded away

Matt Schaub

Felix Jones

Donald Driver

My 1st in the Rookie Draft 2012

I got

Aaron Rodgers

CJ Spiller

Danny Amendola

Mike Thomas

(Drops Jermaine Gresham)

Last edited by a moderator:
'shadyridr said:
Where's he been going in recent drafts? I have the 5th pick and was hoping to snag him in the 3rd rd but Im not sure if I can risk it. Would taking him in the 2nd be overkill?
12 team, non-ppr, 2RB/WR, 1 flex, I grabbed Felix Jones at 4.02, and there is no way he would have been available at my 5.11 pick so I think I got good value out of him. Heard 3 or 4 owners grumbling after crossing him off their lists.

^^Went @ pick 4.05 (12 team redraft) on Aug 27. I passed on him @ pick 4.02; went w/ Greene after agonizing over it a couple minutes. If I had a mulligan, I'd go Felix this time. :bag:

Why are people so confident in Felix Jones? Dallas drafted Murray, Jones hasn't been healthy last season, and his production wasn't that impressive.

Why will this be a breakout season?

Why are people so confident in Felix Jones? Dallas drafted Murray, Jones hasn't been healthy last season, and his production wasn't that impressive.Why will this be a breakout season?
he definitely has had an injury prone career. but he is also extremely talented and marion barber is gone. plus he looks fantastic in preseason, has little competition, plays in a tough offense... a lot to like about him

Please do not insult Aaron Rogers here.

I just traded him see below. Love the guy and think he'll do great this year but just couldn't pass up on AROD.

BTW I also have Demarco Murry on my bench so now I have to start hoping that he IS as injury prone as he has seemed to be in the past!!

Traded away

Matt Schaub

Felix Jones

Donald Driver

My 1st in the Rookie Draft 2012

I got

Aaron Rodgers

CJ Spiller

Danny Amendola

Mike Thomas

(Drops Jermaine Gresham)

I just traded him see below. Love the guy and think he'll do great this year but just couldn't pass up on AROD.BTW I also have Demarco Murry on my bench so now I have to start hoping that he IS as injury prone as he has seemed to be in the past!!Traded awayMatt SchaubFelix JonesDonald DriverMy 1st in the Rookie Draft 2012I got Aaron RodgersCJ SpillerDanny AmendolaMike Thomas(Drops Jermaine Gresham)
If I was you I wouldnt be proud of this trade

^^Went @ pick 4.05 (12 team redraft) on Aug 27. I passed on him @ pick 4.02; went w/ Greene after agonizing over it a couple minutes. If I had a mulligan, I'd go Felix this time. :bag:
If someone can tell me why Felix Jones isn't every bit as good a pick in non-PPR as LeSean McCoy, I'd love to know. As for Greene over Felix, you will regret that through week 16.

'Short Corner said:
'Air Stich said:
He absolutely deservers to go ahead of Forte and Blount. S-Jax and Hillis are debatable but I have him ahead of both. He'll be a consensus top 10 pick next year.

I took him in the fourth. Mainly because he was the only rb left and I was really high on him.

1. (11) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)

2. (14) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)

3. (35) Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)

4. (38) Felix Jones (Dal - RB)

I just traded him see below. Love the guy and think he'll do great this year but just couldn't pass up on AROD.BTW I also have Demarco Murry on my bench so now I have to start hoping that he IS as injury prone as he has seemed to be in the past!!Traded awayMatt SchaubFelix JonesDonald DriverMy 1st in the Rookie Draft 2012I got Aaron RodgersCJ SpillerDanny AmendolaMike Thomas(Drops Jermaine Gresham)
If I was you I wouldnt be proud of this trade
this. :no:

'Short Corner said:
'Air Stich said:
He absolutely deservers to go ahead of Forte and Blount. S-Jax and Hillis are debatable but I have him ahead of both. He'll be a consensus top 10 pick next year.
I'll take Forte every day of the week.More boom or bust factor with Jones, I think Forte provides more consistency and consistency brings FF championships.

'Short Corner said:
'Air Stich said:
I'll take Forte every day of the week.More boom or bust factor with Jones, I think Forte provides more consistency and consistency brings FF championships.
Forte should absolutely be ahead of Felix based on proven, consistent production. That said, everything I read gets me more and more excited that Felix is gonna be THE breakout RB of 2011. Of course, it's dependent on health but I really have the same feeling with him that I did with Gore in 2006, Chris Johnson in 2008, and Ray Rice in 2009.I almost hate to say it as a Skins fan but I'm all aboard the Felix train!

'Short Corner said:
'Air Stich said:
Completely agree with this philosophy. But, I think the comparison of the two based on prior years is apples:oranges. Forte was feature back, and Felix had been in a 2-3 RB time share. With Barber gone, we don't know what sort of consistency he give you. Maybe he's as steady as they come, doing what Forte does in getting catches out of the backfield, gobbling up yards on the ground, and ALSO having some of those home run 200 total yard type of games.As long as Felix stays healthy, I predict he outscores Forte comfortably.

'Ministry of Pain said:
'Donny Loved Bowling said:
So much confidence in Felix... but haven't the Cowboys made significant changes to their OL this season? And I'm not talking about upgrades.
Gurode and Davis, both Pro Bowl OLineman are gone. Free remains at LT, Kosier flips to RG, lot of mystery here but Dallas fans are confident so I'm sure it's all good.
The OL will most definitely have its ups and downs. Way too many new, inexperienced pieces not to. While it lost a ton of experience, it gains a ton of athleticism. Garrett will get the ball in space to Felix a LOT. Its a major part of what Garrett is trying to do. These new OL can work effectively in space. The guys who are gone from last year (Gurode, Davis, Columbo) could no longer.I think the starters will be ok. If injury strikes either Free or Kosier, the two remaining vets, then significant drop off will likely ensue.

'Ministry of Pain said:
'Donny Loved Bowling said:
So much confidence in Felix... but haven't the Cowboys made significant changes to their OL this season? And I'm not talking about upgrades.
Gurode and Davis, both Pro Bowl OLineman are gone. Free remains at LT, Kosier flips to RG, lot of mystery here but Dallas fans are confident so I'm sure it's all good.
The OL will most definitely have its ups and downs. Way too many new, inexperienced pieces not to. While it lost a ton of experience, it gains a ton of athleticism. Garrett will get the ball in space to Felix a LOT. Its a major part of what Garrett is trying to do. These new OL can work effectively in space. The guys who are gone from last year (Gurode, Davis, Columbo) could no longer.I think the starters will be ok. If injury strikes either Free or Kosier, the two remaining vets, then significant drop off will likely ensue.
Im hopin the playcalling is such to keep D's on their heels, and take a little pressure off the O-line screens to Felix when the D gets too aggressive. Roll Romo out. Just get the ball in Dez/Miles' hands.

Got Felix in the 4th in a 12 team league.

1.10: A Johnson

2.03: V Jackson

3.10: McFadden

4.03: Felix Jones

Pretty happy !!

'De Novo said:
'Short Corner said:
'Air Stich said:
All of which may very well be true, however, none of it has to do with upside down drafting strategy. If you took a RB with all of those guys still available you, more than likely weren't doing it right.

Got Felix in the 4th in a 12 team league.1.10: A Johnson2.03: V Jackson3.10: McFadden4.03: Felix JonesPretty happy !!
thanks for posting but seeing results like this with McFadden going in the 3rd doesnt help one bit.
Well, I was really surprised (and pleased) to see him fell to me in the 3th, but in this league QBs goes fast (6pt/td and 1pt/10yrds pass). Nine QBs were drafted before McFadden (drafted Stafford in the 5th).

Got Felix in the 4th in a 12 team league.1.10: A Johnson2.03: V Jackson3.10: McFadden4.03: Felix JonesPretty happy !!
thanks for posting but seeing results like this with McFadden going in the 3rd doesnt help one bit.
Well, I was really surprised (and pleased) to see him fell to me in the 3th, but in this league QBs goes fast (6pt/td and 1pt/10yrds pass). Nine QBs were drafted before McFadden (drafted Stafford in the 5th).
McFadden doesn't "fall" to the third round in any other league. I am baffled how this happens in a 12 teamer, even with a bunch of newbs.

You certainly dont have to defend yourself and I meant my post in no harm. Just stating that I am considering the results of your draft an outlier due to McFadden slipping that low and will not use your results to influence my decision making.

I'm surprised he fell to you in the second. I don't see how you pass on him there.

'Short Corner said:
'Air Stich said:
He thinks it means, turn your cheat sheet upside down

Got Felix in the 4th in a 12 team league.Because I took him in the 3th !!1.10: A Johnson2.03: V Jackson3.10: McFadden4.03: Felix JonesPretty happy !!
I'm surprised he fell to you in the second. I don't see how you pass on him there.

McFadden doesn't "fall" to the third round in any other league. I am baffled how this happens in a 12 teamer, even with a bunch of newbs.
It happened in my league too. 10 teams, got him top of third. Lots of people play fantasy football and actually have skills. They don't all slavishly adhere to the same retreaded "experts" lists that most of us on boards are wont to use. In leagues where TDs are all 6, why draft the 8th ranked RB in the first round who historically has a better than 50/50 chance of not being top ten next year, when you can grab a top QB or WR who are more likely to retain top status and have a better chance of staying healthy?It's getting old seeing these responses how all leagues are full of "noobs" whenever someone that football guys or a poster generating his own (usually unoriginal list) perceives to have fallen "too far" in a draft. :boxing:

It happened in my league too. 10 teams, got him top of third. Lots of people play fantasy football and actually have skills. They don't all slavishly adhere to the same retreaded "experts" lists that most of us on boards are wont to use. In leagues where TDs are all 6, why draft the 8th ranked RB in the first round who historically has a better than 50/50 chance of not being top ten next year, when you can grab a top QB or WR who are more likely to retain top status and have a better chance of staying healthy?It's getting old seeing these responses how all leagues are full of "noobs" whenever someone that football guys or a poster generating his own (usually unoriginal list) perceives to have fallen "too far" in a draft. :boxing:
:goodposting: :thumbup:

You certainly dont have to defend yourself and I meant my post in no harm. Just stating that I am considering the results of your draft an outlier due to McFadden slipping that low and will not use your results to influence my decision making.
1.11: Andre Johnson2.02: Calvin Johnson3.11: Ahmad Bradshaw4.02: Felix Jones

YES they are much younger with less experience but this line is very athletic now and it fits Felix running style. The O-LIne will be able to get outside and block for him which is Felix strong point. If they had the o-line they had last year, well it would not be good. This is a upgraded o-line.

Users who are viewing this thread